Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

i actually think you were on to something though. solus failed to consider that *both* captains would need to choose members before town got their alignment PMs. because for scum, that wouldn't be the case. they'd get notified as soon as they were chosen (probably?). so i actually think you caught something in solus not thinking from a town perspective there

Wait wait, so if there are two teams and they chose at different times that would implicate a scumslip anyway right? Because how would they know how long the selection process took place?

Solus, what was the reason for your time stamp post? What made you think it was odd/an important point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bif and solus are scum together.

humalong is probably on the other scum team (he didn't policy vote me, which is a scumslip)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SolusLunes posted:

honestly though I think it's more likely that someone sits on it since I keep trying to give those out in games I run and nobody d1 vidges anyone, ever, unless there's pre-existing BEEF

You clearly did not follow Gushers mafia just a few days ago.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh and solus is the captain of the team.

scientastic is the captain of the team with humalong.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Mr. Steak posted:

i actually think you were on to something though. solus failed to consider that *both* captains would need to choose members before town got their alignment PMs. because for scum, that wouldn't be the case. they'd get notified as soon as they were chosen (probably?). so i actually think you caught something in solus not thinking from a town perspective there

hello friend steak are you possibly thinking of this post from me:

SolusLunes posted:

the irony of this is how quickly the game went from shutting the public discord channel to getting out the alignments (one hour to get to me, at least)

it's somewhat reasonable to assume the people who weren't online when I got my alignment aren't captains

they could be picked for a team, sure, so the non-captain list isn't really terribly useful unless we want to go down a giant meta rabbit hole

the one where I said captains, plural?

good job scumfriend stek, you tried

##vote steak

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
4 down, 2 to go

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Solus while you remain 100% right about everything, I think your ironic pretending to believe Steak is scum will confuse people so it's prolly best to just be clear

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SolusLunes posted:

good job scumfriend stek, you tried

##vote steak

eh? my logic had nothing to do with you forgetting there *are* 2 captains (which i never thought u did)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Also because you people are driving me crazy -- vig is short for vigilante, so it keeps the soft g, gif is short for graphics interchange format, so it keeps the hard g

The Pronounciation Knower has spoken

p.s. vig with a hard g is a gambling term, because it's short for vigourish

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

sandnavyguy posted:

Wait wait, so if there are two teams and they chose at different times that would implicate a scumslip anyway right? Because how would they know how long the selection process took place?

Solus, what was the reason for your time stamp post? What made you think it was odd/an important point?

because epsilon said "game when? game now" in discord at 10:55, locking the channel, presumably, you know, starting the game

also there was this post at 10:55:

Epsilon Plus posted:

THE GAME HASN'ST STARTED YET WHAT ARE YOU MANIANCS TOING AIAUGGHFHFD

NIGHT ZERO SCUM TEAMS BEIN PICKED

and I got my pm for town at 11:05, you know, assuming that town PMs don't go out until scum's picked

pretty likely that both scum captains picked their team in that ten minute window- and epsilon opened the thread at 11:10 anyway

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CapnAndy posted:

Also because you people are driving me crazy -- vig is short for vigilante, so it keeps the soft g, gif is short for graphics interchange format, so it keeps the hard g

you're mixing up hard and soft g, making this even more confusing lol

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

eh? my logic had nothing to do with you forgetting there *are* 2 captains (which i never thought u did)

then what'd you mean

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CapnAndy posted:

:swoon:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

it's spelled vidge, pronounced vig

thank you

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SolusLunes posted:

because epsilon said "game when? game now" in discord at 10:55, locking the channel, presumably, you know, starting the game

and I got my pm for town at 11:05, you know, assuming that town PMs don't go out until scum's picked

pretty likely that both scum captains picked their team in that ten minute window- and epsilon opened the thread at 11:10 anyway

oh, i didnt realize the closed thread was before even the captains were informed

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr. Steak posted:

Hard g sounds like g, like at the end of "big", soft g sounds like j.

Right?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

Wait what

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i am editing my scumlist.

bif is still scum, but solus might not be.

the other list is unaffected

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I Googled it

I did not mix them up

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CapnAndy posted:

Hard g sounds like g, like at the end of "big", soft g sounds like j.

Right?

nvm i was the one loving it up :v:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

oh, i didnt realize the closed thread was before even the captains were informed

one would assume as much, yes, since the game hadn't started, and epsilon said as much in the locking-thread-post

pls to read the thread, or at very least, read the mod's posts, steak

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyway, this is scumalong. i know you too well, friend

##vote humalong

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

SolusLunes posted:

My bad, I really need to pay attention better.

SolusLunes posted:

But isn’t that a bit presumptuous anyway? We’ve been full since taste joined last night, couldn’t the scum have had all night to get picked but one of them just slept in? Or am I missing something about set up, cause you assuming people began choosing at a specific time seems like you have more info then the rest of us.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the last time he didn't policy-vote me, he was scum and i killed him (as sk) on night 1. i find it easy to believe he or scientastic would pick the other for a redo on being scum together

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*oh i forgot to clarify, hum and sci were scum together in that game

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

sandnavyguy posted:

But isn’t that a bit presumptuous anyway? We’ve been full since taste joined last night, couldn’t the scum have had all night to get picked but one of them just slept in? Or am I missing something about set up, cause you assuming people began choosing at a specific time seems like you have more info then the rest of us.

Yes, but I'm presuming good mafia hygiene- essentially, it's poor practice to have a public open discord channel for the game if some alignments have already been distributed out. I assume that e+ didn't give out alignments until after the pregame chat was closed.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

SolusLunes posted:

Yes, but I'm presuming good mafia hygiene- essentially, it's poor practice to have a public open discord channel for the game if some alignments have already been distributed out. I assume that e+ didn't give out alignments until after the pregame chat was closed.

Oh okay that makes more sense.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also humalong normally doesnt make so many on-topic posts as town d1. he's too nervous as scum to participate in jokephase and i've seen this pattern with him before

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

See look at this guy postin his heart out, can you really think Steak is scum already? Also would people really pick Steak for a real tight scum team on purpose when, iirc he's often bussed the hell outta scumbros or accidentally blown up their game somehow

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

See look at this guy postin his heart out, can you really think Steak is scum already? Also would people really pick Steak for a real tight scum team on purpose when, iirc he's often bussed the hell outta scumbros or accidentally blown up their game somehow

I would absolutely pick steak for on my scum team because he embraces the truest power of mafia, that of Never Stop Postin'

plus I love the stupid fuckin' steak gambits, especially the surprisingly successful 3p survivor fake cop claim that turned out to keep returning correct results, hilariously

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

also humalong normally doesnt make so many on-topic posts as town d1. he's too nervous as scum to participate in jokephase and i've seen this pattern with him before

I like this thought and wanna see where this goes

##vote humalong

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

anyway ##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

I would absolutely pick steak for on my scum team because he embraces the truest power of mafia, that of Never Stop Postin'

plus I love the stupid fuckin' steak gambits, especially the surprisingly successful 3p survivor fake cop claim that turned out to keep returning correct results, hilariously

Oh man which game was that, this sounds familiar but I don't think I properly read it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as for scientastic, he posted in response to me

Scientastic posted:

Holy poo poo, I forgot you were in this game, pretty obvious who should be vigged now

and then went on to say

Scientastic posted:

I actually did plan to pick you for my team if I was a captain, I thought it would be fun

which, they can't both me true.

i made a very jokey post about this discrepancy, leaving sci plenty of room to acknowledge it without any seriousness, because i was just playing it off as a joke. however, sci entirely ignored my comment, potentially nervous about getting caught in a minor lie and not wanting to draw attention to it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*be

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Bifauxnen posted:

I like this thought and wanna see where this goes

##vote humalong

Steak’s post is some dumb poo poo

He doesn’t know better, but you should

##Vote Bif

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Scientastic posted:

Steak’s post is some dumb poo poo

He doesn’t know better, but you should

##Vote Bif

fuckin' lol why would you vote bif for steak's case

##vote sci

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Steak posted:

as for scientastic, he posted in response to me

and then went on to say

which, they can't both me true.

i made a very jokey post about this discrepancy, leaving sci plenty of room to acknowledge it without any seriousness, because i was just playing it off as a joke. however, sci entirely ignored my comment, potentially nervous about getting caught in a minor lie and not wanting to draw attention to it

Yep, nervous scum player, that definitely sounds like me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lookit that, Science comin in to defend scumbro Hum, when you're right you're right Steak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lotta grammar prescriptivists itt