Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

Steak’s post is some dumb poo poo

He doesn’t know better, but you should

##Vote Bif

This vote does feel bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

SolusLunes posted:

fuckin' lol why would you vote bif for steak's case

##vote sci

Because Steak is an idiot and can’t help his bad posting

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

SNG, vig me so I can go play in Amni’s game

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

come on dude

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Scientastic posted:

Because Steak is an idiot and can’t help his bad posting

that's not why you'd vote bif though, that's why you're not voting steak

ya gotta answer the question that's asked, not the question you want to hear, chief

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sorry I’ve solemnly vowed not to be the cause of your death 3 games in a row.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Scientastic posted:

wow really

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

The correct way to say it is vig, as in short for vigorous, and not vidge, as in short for vigilante. If you defend vidge you’re on the same side as ‘.jif’ and I, without reservation, hate you.

I have t read anything but this post and I agree 100%

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Because Bif jumping onto Steak’s “case” is completely scummy and terrible, what more justification do I need

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

“I like this thought and wanna see where it goes” is just grotesque in the context of a D1 Steak post

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

lotta grammar prescriptivists itt

Debating how to pronounce one syllable isn't "grammar"!! But if it is you'd be included:

Sandwolf posted:

The correct way to say it is vig, as in short for vigorous, and not vidge, as in short for vigilante. If you defend vidge you’re on the same side as ‘.jif’ and I, without reservation, hate you.

btw I am legit suspicious of Sandwolf for writing this with such passion then not even throwing a jokevote my way

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m VT pls shoot

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sci just frustrated i outed him and humalong so easily

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Steak posted:

sci just frustrated i outed him and humalong so easily

This is true, but it doesn’t make Bif’s post any better

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Yo I’ve heard tale of jokephase goin on for days but I’ve yet to see one survive more than a couple hours. That said, TBH I have steak as a null read because they seem to always play kinda scummy/heavy posting volume regardless of alignment. That said I don’t know if I’m seeing the hum case. I’m also assuming bif is just jokingly supporting steak? That’s what it seems like to me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Debating how to pronounce one syllable isn't "grammar"!! But if it is you'd be included:

btw I am legit suspicious of Sandwolf for writing this with such passion then not even throwing a jokevote my way

oh relax Bif, that statement can’t be serious

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

No one would ever willingly choose Steak as a teammate.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sandnavyguy posted:

Yo I’ve heard tale of jokephase goin on for days but I’ve yet to see one survive more than a couple hours. That said, TBH I have steak as a null read because they seem to always play kinda scummy/heavy posting volume regardless of alignment. That said I don’t know if I’m seeing the hum case. I’m also assuming bif is just jokingly supporting steak? That’s what it seems like to me

It's not even joking at all, it sounds like Steak's got good reasons behind his read so I wanna back it up and see if Hum flinches

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

SolusLunes posted:

well I know who the scum is

they're in the thread right now!!!!!

##vote bif

SolusLunes posted:

oh poo poo you're right

btw i'm scum

##Vote SolusLunes I literally didn't read the thread past here and I'm not going to. Also Sandwolf is scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

Sometimes joke vote goes til about 5 hours before deadline!

Bif maybe jokingly supporting Steak or even just adding pressure but it’s so early in the game for Sci to read so much into it feels ridiculous.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Bifauxnen posted:

It's not even joking at all, it sounds like Steak's got good reasons behind his read so I wanna back it up and see if Hum flinches

Hey look, it turns out I was right after all, nice

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

oh relax Bif, that statement can’t be serious

Exactly so why not keep the jokes comin with a fake outrage vote sheesh

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

His good reasons are meta from two prior games that happened pre-COVID

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Exactly so why not keep the jokes comin with a fake outrage vote sheesh

Because I want a GUN so I can VIG you over it instead

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I policy voted Steak in maybe 2-3 games in a row and then stopped doing it to give the kid a break and now he claims it means I’m scum every time I don’t immediately vote him.

He’s been right 25% of the time, so it’s in line with his mafia play in general.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

I policy voted Steak in maybe 2-3 games in a row and then stopped doing it to give the kid a break and now he claims it means I’m scum every time I don’t immediately vote him.

He’s been right 25% of the time, so it’s in line with his mafia play in general.

the "not policy-voting me is a scumslip" part was a joke at first, but your posting in general follows the trend that is literally the reason i caught you in karens mafia. (well, that and really unconvincingly breadcrumbing cop), so the little reasons compound into a normal size scumread

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
at this point though, sci's overly reactionary response to this has been a worse thing. ##vote sci

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

the "not policy-voting me is a scumslip" part was a joke at first, but your posting in general follows the trend that is literally the reason i caught you in karens mafia. (well, that and really unconvincingly breadcrumbing cop), so the little reasons compound into a normal size scumread

I breadcrumbed an investigative role and I was a rolecop....

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The little reasons are one reason

You are relying on a bad meta read and are potentially going to waste day 1.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SNG if people start listening to this “case” I would like you to shoot me so we don’t waste the vote today.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Shoot whoever space hamlet is, it would be fitting.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’m not seeing any case but a meta read by steak, so I think you’ll be fine but if we get close for whatever reason, I’ve already decided to give us two lunches today

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Steak posted:

overly reactionary response

I sometimes feel like you and I are playing different games

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

For real Bif and Sand are scum, I can feel it in my water

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh man which game was that, this sounds familiar but I don't think I properly read it

this was avengers mafia, which was legendary for several reasons, mainly for lasting TWELVE DAYS (11 nights), and that i won as survivor through all that.

it was my 7th game *ever*, and 5th where i wasn't killed on d1. so it was majorly influential on the development on my meta (which probably isn't surprising to some people lmao). on day 1, the town just so happened to lunch one of two serial killers. and on day 3 i claimed gunsmith and correctly outed the other sk for reasons: i was given a fameclaim as surv, so when taste claimed surv i realized there's no way he'd claim that if he got a fakeclaim like me So that was part of why the 27 player game lasted so long. The other reason is I'd even fooled the scum into thinking I was a gunsmith (despite my wrong results) and they tried to kill me basically every night. But since I had 3 shots of hiding and or doc was super good, and somehow i was super clutch with not hidig on nights I was protected, this resulted in like 6 consecutive no-kill nights. So I simply made up results every day and coasted to the end of the game, while all of my wrong investigations were written off as the work of a framer or busdriver or something.

i definitely peaked w that game and will never achieve anything like it again

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Not necessarily on the same team, just a powerful transcendental feeling that has been sent to me by the universe

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

SNG if people start listening to this “case” I would like you to shoot me so we don’t waste the vote today.

Jeez even if you and Sci aren't scumbros y'all got the same playbook

It's early d1 settle the gently caress down you two

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

The little reasons are one reason

You are relying on a bad meta read and are potentially going to waste day 1.

im not even voting for you anymore

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anyway thank you for storytime Steak, that sounds like it was fun as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Someone tell me which page the joke phase dies tia