Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tommunist posted:

720 cases in my dumb lane city today I miss food and alcohol

breweries with open spaces are a good middle ground if you’re comfortable going out. One in Boston here did mandatory 6ft, the bartender dropped off the beers in a central location, we even had to sign our names off for contact tracing purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Sandwolf posted:

breweries with open spaces are a good middle ground if you’re comfortable going out. One in Boston here did mandatory 6ft, the bartender dropped off the beers in a central location, we even had to sign our names off for contact tracing purposes.

We're legally not allowed to

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote hambeet in such a manner that one might attempt to reassign my vote again

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

spacing in vienna posted:

@yuming seriously find out if a gas station near you does alcoholic slushies, they are the bomb
Technically any gas station does alcoholic slushies if you just bring a little airplane bottle of rum in your pocket.

poo poo, that sounds excellent actually.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
more and more people are entering my confirmed town category.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hey who has been abusing goat finder

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mr. Steak posted:

more and more people are entering my confirmed town category.
Wanna share with the class or are you being ~strategic~

I can’t drink this summer cos I am pregnant. There is just something about summertime weather.

Taste, what’s pinging you about hambeet?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my scumlist:

humalong - sandwolf - sng

(cena) - ggn - hambeet(??)

the top 3 because i agree with the plethora of cases on all of them.

ggn is based in how cena's mentions of her are weird, like he suddenly adds her to lists when he wasn't talking about her. idk

and hambeet because i couldnt think of a last scum lol. i want to be steadfast and keep suspecting him but i guess my passion's waned on that

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Dw hambeets scum you don't need to justify it further

##vote hambort

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Fkn I’ve lost a post twice now on this phone. Does iOS randomly clear the clipboard or whatever?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Trombonist, who else is scum?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

hambeet posted:

Trombonist, who else is scum?

You but on the other scum team

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

tpink (3): DGK2000, Scientastic, CapnAndy
DGK2000 (2): Sandwolf, tpink
hambeet (2): t a s t e, Tommunist
sandnavyguy (1): Scientastic, Scientastic, yuming
Mr. Humalong (1): DGK2000, hambeet, DGK2000
t a s t e (0): t a s t e, t a s t e

Not Voting (7): GenericGirlName, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, Power of Pecota, sandnavyguy, spacing in vienna, Spoonsy

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 30th, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 16 hours, 25 minutes.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Absolutely slammed today but I'll be around tomorrow, especially in the afternoon. Currently feeling ##vote GGN > tpink > SNG but not sure where DGK falls on the spectrum. I started looking because the Cena mentions seemed weird, but what's convincing me more is GGN only being able to really go in on a policy/semantics argument about lurkers so far this game - it gives me the sense of scum not wanting to have to sell faking what they believe for a vote or case.

I realize that's not as big of an impact in this game because scum can still legitimately scumhunt for the other scumteam, but you have to filter out what you're thinking in terms of knowing the alignments of your scumbuddies, who you actually want to vote out vs. who you think is on the other scumteam, and other stuff like that. I know that used to trip me up as scum a lot, and I feel like GGN seems to have a similar playstyle in an order vs. chaos way. (I'm not sure how much of that is in mind for me because of Cena's list where he grouped yuming/Hal/myself/GGN together, but it seems like it checks out from what I've seen so far)

DGK - how did the end of D1 and Cena's flip impact how you felt about using the vig D2? Talk me through what your thought process was there

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yuming posted:

Wanna share with the class or are you being ~strategic~

I can’t drink this summer cos I am pregnant. There is just something about summertime weather.

Taste, what’s pinging you about hambeet?

The way he's engaging with tommunist feels off to me. I don't know if it's one or both of them but I think the more prodigious poster is a higher value target all being even

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

As much as everyone thinks I'm scum,

I have been NOTHING but transparent, honest about every mental hoop I've jumped through every conjugation of my reasoning. compare and contrast this with my competition if you will.

I'm at least trying to help town for once Im gone, because my team is the majority.

JC has to be cowardly because he's in one small scum team.

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m honestly at a loss as for what to post here. I was certain, absolutely certain that solus and B minus were scum. Maybe my scumdar is completely broken, but their posting made no sense from a town perspective. I’m So confused. Hell, I don’t even know who to vote for at this point cause my two sure scum reads were both town.

I was starting to get kinda iffy about SNG because of the tone of a few posts like these giving me a sense of theatricality (the former one was kinda making me sweat my Cena vote at the end of D1 before the flip) but since I've never played in a game with him before where he wasn't gunned down instantly D1 I finally went back and read his posts in another game (I picked Cuomo Time since it came up a few times already) and posts like this give me the sense that that's just SNG's authorial voice. I'm feeling better about SNG as town after reading that

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Yeah, I’m a theater guy, and over dramatic my nature so the style of posting is just kind of what I do. I use it naturally and it’s hard to turn off.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm really bummed about losing that post, twice, so started whinging about it in my confessional . i then realised i had started writing half of the post there, so i'd continue it from here. and look, i didn't even need any wine.

anyway i had a deep think on the state of the game on my drive into work this morning and have updated reads:

tommu could be scum. they're doing that thing where they pick one person and just glue to them. :ironicat: yeah i get it, but at least my case on steak was based on something steak said and did, whereas tommu's case begins by quoting very obvious joke posts and i dont think it's evolved from there.

ggn could be scum. you point me out for voting hum, which was really just me trying to ram home the point i wanted him to shoot sooner or later. or comically shoot me for it. there wasn't really any seriousness to that and the fact you've singled that out makes me wonder if you're floundering for actual cases to make. it seems a rather safe and easy call out.

dgk could be scum. they're call out of tpink was entirely fair, but they're more aggro than the game we just played. there i thought they were more reasonable and their calls quite fair. tpink is an entirely fair callout however they've gotten a bit aggro and defensive about it? to further confuse my read:

tpink could be scum. has been actively lurking as opposed to inactively lurking (i like whoever said that, i think dgk). i think they've been around enough to have some reads on town players.. and from there... idk. it's interesting because scum have the chance to hunt other scum in this game. so is such an obvious town as casing town really that obvious or just someone way off the mark?

(both could be scummy because we have two teams. ta da!)

sandnavyguy could be scum. is up and down. some bad posts, then some okay posts, then some bad posts.

steak maybe could be scum. idk, he worded it well i've 'lost the passion' too to pursue this. i don't have the energy to re-engage right now. however i don't think my feeling is wrong on the matter and i would be very happy to see him flip.

t a s t e maybe could be scum. i'm just getting a vibe. it could be that thing where you play scum with a player and then second guess everything for the next few games you're in with them. he could be doing that to me too, or maybe because i've been suss on him off and on. my full tinfoil theory is tommu and taste both scum same team and tommu has said 'i'll take the aussie' and has targeted me from day 1.

humalong maybe could be scum. i'm just getting a vibe from humalong, especially around the shooting. i feel there were better targets than solus. i don't fault him for picking that solus came up on a bunch of peoples list, but i'm just vibing humalong different this game. i can't remember the last game i played where he was scum so i'm dwelling on him as scum a lot. he's joked about me being town and joked about me being scum. i love a fellow poo poo poster who just wants to have some fun AND play mafia, not play all serious for sheep stations... but... idk.... wild card scum guess?

yuming probably not scum. good posting today i think

sandwolf probably not scum. BUT. I feel really odd how they go out of their way to defend players sometimes. i think they always do it though so it's not indicative of a tell for them. i was a bit iffy on them yesterday but today their posting seems quite good.

sci probably not scum, i liked their involvement in cena.

pop probably not scum. they have flattered me and my posting and i think have made some decent reads

siv probably not scum. same as pop.

capnandy probablt not scum. they liked my steak case so they're a good judge of character.

spoonsy i legit have no read on. they've not posted a heap, i dont know if anyone else has given a read on them. i saw they were 2nd last on cena.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

hambeet posted:

tommu could be scum. they're doing that thing where they pick one person and just glue to them. :ironicat: yeah i get it, but at least my case on steak was based on something steak said and did, whereas tommu's case begins by quoting very obvious joke posts and i dont think it's evolved from there.

My case day one was very obviously white noise mafia Daddington. Its been very tongue in cheek and facetious since day two and I think thats been very obvious tho ???

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

whatever tobogganist

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

who are your 'other' scum reads tommu?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

hambeet posted:

whatever tobogganist

Nice handfart

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i think my favourite was hamblart mall cop

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

hambeet posted:

who are your 'other' scum reads tommu?

Honestly all my other scum reads have already flipped and im just cruising

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

hambeet posted:

i think my favourite was hamblart mall cop

Oh yeah that's a good one

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

what do you think on any of my reads?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

hambeet posted:

what do you think on any of my reads?

Don't really disagree with them. Sci really pings me but its entirely gut and I couldn't tell you why. Just need to reread the thread but not motivated.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i should definitely be around and active around deadline today, just as an fyi

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tommunist posted:

not an answer Tomcat

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Tommunist posted:

I agree with Sandwolf here, there are 5 scum and you don't have any scum reads?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Power of Pecota posted:

Absolutely slammed today but I'll be around tomorrow, especially in the afternoon. Currently feeling ##vote GGN > tpink > SNG but not sure where DGK falls on the spectrum. I started looking because the Cena mentions seemed weird, but what's convincing me more is GGN only being able to really go in on a policy/semantics argument about lurkers so far this game - it gives me the sense of scum not wanting to have to sell faking what they believe for a vote or case.

I realize that's not as big of an impact in this game because scum can still legitimately scumhunt for the other scumteam, but you have to filter out what you're thinking in terms of knowing the alignments of your scumbuddies, who you actually want to vote out vs. who you think is on the other scumteam, and other stuff like that. I know that used to trip me up as scum a lot, and I feel like GGN seems to have a similar playstyle in an order vs. chaos way. (I'm not sure how much of that is in mind for me because of Cena's list where he grouped yuming/Hal/myself/GGN together, but it seems like it checks out from what I've seen so far)

DGK - how did the end of D1 and Cena's flip impact how you felt about using the vig D2? Talk me through what your thought process was there

I thought it would be likely Hal was picked for a scum team and said so on D1. Yuming agreed. Hambi was suspicious of Hal and said so.

Hal Incandenza posted:

RIP biffffff

I need to go back and look at sng’s “I’m about to shoot bif” post to see if it’s posturing but my gut feeling is sng is town

hambeet posted:

"I'm going to go back and look at the single post that happened two pages ago. i'm telling you all i'm going to do this because that's a natural thing to do about one single post and is not at all for townie cred"

I thought it was likely at EOD when Hal was posting about Cena that Hal was scum and it was a good opportunity for him to be vocal about a lynch, as it seemed pretty obvious JC was scum. I know that Hal is difficult to get lynched late game, so I took the shot.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Settle down, everyone

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I agreed with hambeet's post on Hal too, but that was like 48 hours before the deadline.

DGK - just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, Hal's content at the end of D1 for you read as legitimate scumhunting, just from a scumteam A person onto a scumteam B person, right?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

ok, everyone, let's agree to lynch one of

- steak
- sng
- hambeet
- tommunist
- sandwolf

preferably hambeet

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

I agreed with hambeet's post on Hal too, but that was like 48 hours before the deadline.

DGK - just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, Hal's content at the end of D1 for you read as legitimate scumhunting, just from a scumteam A person onto a scumteam B person, right?

Correct, as prior to that I was reading him scummy. Several others agreed, I took that into account with his end of day play. I pulled the trigger D2, and I was wrong. I'm not trying to blame anyone else.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

t a s t e posted:

ok, everyone, let's agree to lynch one of

- steak
- sng
- hambeet
- tommunist
- sandwolf

preferably hambeet
Why is tpink not even on your list?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

Correct, as prior to that I was reading him scummy. Several others agreed, I took that into account with his end of day play. I pulled the trigger D2, and I was wrong. I'm not trying to blame anyone else.

Okay, in that case I get it - I still don't think Hal was the best shot, but at the same time I get where you're coming from. DGK's between tpink and SNG on that preference order I posted yesterday

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

Why is tpink not even on your list?

he's not included in the group

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Power of Pecota posted:

I think the problem with this case is that scum also have to find scum. Scum not being able to sell a case on other scum in this game is just being bad at mafia (which I am, in addition to being bad at :justpost:). Ngl this game is huge and I was hoping for NK information to make it easier to build cases. Instead everyone who’s fired the gun feels townie for doing it as per their own scum reads.

DGK’s posts, especially around the lurker/scum convo feels like frustrated town.

Caveat about frustrated town reads: I could also see an argument for frustrated scum looking very similar to frustrated town. No NKs and town continuing to kill town might be making scum worried about late game with it coming down to scum v scum. On the other hand, if the scum teams are confident maybe that shouldn’t frustrate them at all?

Feels hypocritical to put my vote on someone on the basis of “these low content posts are scummy!” When I’ve probably done worse by just not posting enough.

I should be around on and off, and be 100% present for the hour before deadline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

t a s t e posted:

he's not included in the group
why do you tpink is town