Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

So, I closed the updater while it was downloading since it stalled, and now it's just launching the actual game. It won't let me fly - I keep hitting the button and it doesnt do anything.
Same here. I quit and restarted the game and the downloads resumed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
How are people playing already?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Popete posted:

Only those of us from the Republic of Kiribati have access via Xbox Game Pass, sorry.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
Squirrel's tutorial 2 goes into detail about setting sensitivity and dead zones. Worth a look if you are finding stuff twitchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DXdGaRgnhU

I see #4 has just gone up too. Might as well watch that while my rural broadband speed download chunters away. Maybe I'll get to fly before bedtime!

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

microsoft should make all the cheats fly from kiribati to the rest of civilization to start the using the sim normally!!

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It'll come with the release of the Reverb G2 (October?), but apparently it'll only support the Reverb at first, and they'll add support for more headsets over the following weeks/months. This is what some dude on youtube said and youtube would never lie to me.

Oh man it being WMR exclusive does not bode well for VR support

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Welp I just found an Extreme 3D pro at a Microcenter near me so I had to pick one up for Flight Sim. Everywhere I've looked online these things have been sold the gently caress out or marked up like crazy so seeing one for MSRP at a store near me I had to jump on it. Can't waaaaaaaaait

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Vr comes with the release of the G2 Reverb. Plus you probably want a 3080ti for it.

What's the absolute cheapest I can get head tracking for? Preferably the price of a webcam?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Are the 172 supposed to constantly pull up when I'm not moving my gamepad at all? I already added a 20% deadzone so it's not that

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

ymgve posted:

Are the 172 supposed to constantly pull up when I'm not moving my gamepad at all? I already added a 20% deadzone so it's not that

Need to adjust your trim.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

explosivo posted:

Welp I just found an Extreme 3D pro at a Microcenter near me so I had to pick one up for Flight Sim. Everywhere I've looked online these things have been sold the gently caress out or marked up like crazy so seeing one for MSRP at a store near me I had to jump on it. Can't waaaaaaaaait

ive had that stick for like 10 years now, it's good. obviously not as precise as a $100+ stick but gets the job done

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ethanol posted:

ive had that stick for like 10 years now, it's good. obviously not as precise as a $100+ stick but gets the job done

It's funny because I had this same joystick ~15 years ago too and it's probably still jammed in a box in my parent's attic somewhere. It is pretty solid for what it is, it'd have to be if the design hasn't changed in over a decade. Joysticks seem hard to come by now, especially if you don't want a full blown HOTAS setup. I imagine the market for them was already pretty dry but with Flight Sim there's probably a big rush for entry level sticks like this.

Edit: I remember doing bombing runs in Battlefield 2 with it lmao

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Now that the store's live, how much does it cost to upgrade to the deluxe editions from the standard edition? Just the difference? Thanks kiribati vanguard goons

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Popete posted:

If you're one of the goons that got suckered into using NordVPN because of the somethingawful discount, about the only useful thing it can be used for is VPN'ing into New Zealand to download games early.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
So I downloaded the game from xBox for Windows and it only downloaded 1GB and now I have a play button? Anyway to get it to download the other 149?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

koshmar posted:

So I downloaded the game from xBox for Windows and it only downloaded 1GB and now I have a play button? Anyway to get it to download the other 149?

You have to be a citizen of Kiribati, my friend

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Seriously type region into the start menu and change it to Kiribati

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Hey you xbone peeps, can you use one of the sticks for free look?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Google Butt posted:

Oh, I thought it was a VPN thing and there was no way I was going to download the game over a VPN connection, thank you.

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

Now that the store's live, how much does it cost to upgrade to the deluxe editions from the standard edition? Just the difference? Thanks kiribati vanguard goons
It's more expensive to buy the standard edition and then upgrade later. They have been very clear on this in their FAQs prior to release.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I said come in! posted:

If you're one of the goons that got suckered into using NordVPN because of the somethingawful discount, about the only useful thing it can be used for is VPN'ing into New Zealand to download games early.
or just get a month of gamepass for a quid and change your windows region to a region where the game is already unlocked and there you go.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cool new Metroid game posted:

or just get a month of gamepass for a quid and change your windows region to a region where the game is already unlocked and there you go.

Ha! I didn't know this was possible. I bought the game on Steam because I was going to get all of the DLC anyways so I am going to have to wait.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

does the game draw clouds (with real weather) correctly out to horizon or does it still do that annoying bubble thing it's just clear outside your bubble

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Google Butt posted:

Oh lmao that was easy.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The only thing I care about in the Deluce edition is the enhanced O'Hare aiport. Has anyone whose played noticed any big differences between the hand crafted and auto-generated airports? Is it worth $30 if I plan to fly out of there a lot?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Has anyone gotten Opentrack to work yet? It's being recognized as TrackIR but it's not actually tracking anything for me, and the config page is blank.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

so squirrel was using a stream deck to control his in-game camera, is that difficult to set up? never used a stream deck before and it looks like cool use for one.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Merv Burger posted:

It's more expensive to buy the standard edition and then upgrade later. They have been very clear on this in their FAQs prior to release.

I'm aware, I'm fence sitting on the special editions so I'm interested in the actual numbers

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

sudo rm -rf posted:

microsoft should make all the cheats fly from kiribati to the rest of civilization to start the using the sim normally!!

Actually it would've been super cool if the first time you loaded it used your location services location to just directly drop you in your home airport on start.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It'll come with the release of the Reverb G2 (October?), but apparently it'll only support the Reverb at first, and they'll add support for more headsets over the following weeks/months. This is what some dude on youtube said and youtube would never lie to me.

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I think they clarified that when the G2 launched it would support all WMR headsets, with other VR platforms coming later. People got confused by the other platforms and thought it was G2 only until later.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Any word on whether the Steam or Microsoft Store versions of this will bet better?

Is there a solidly better platform for this game or are they functionally the same?

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

finished my flight through the french alps by landing on some random grass strip I found after I noticed my fuel tanks were running very low

GreatGreen posted:

Any word on whether the Steam or Microsoft Store versions of this will bet better?

Is there a solidly better platform for this game or are they functionally the same?

Exactly the same

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
how do you hide the HUD elements in external camera view?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Why would they leave the runway hilly like this? Seems like it would have been trivial to put some fill in?

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

fuf posted:

how do you hide the HUD elements in external camera view?

There's an option in the main settings screen, forget exactly where it is but under cameras and there should be a section for external view. something around there anyway.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

cool new Metroid game posted:

finished my flight through the french alps by landing on some random grass strip I found after I noticed my fuel tanks were running very low

Exactly the same

did u nut tho

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Fintilgin posted:

Why would they leave the runway hilly like this? Seems like it would have been trivial to put some fill in?
Because it's on the side of a mountain
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courchevel_Altiport

Google Butt posted:

did u nut tho
repeatedly

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

sudo rm -rf posted:

so squirrel was using a stream deck to control his in-game camera, is that difficult to set up? never used a stream deck before and it looks like cool use for one.

I think he said either in his tutorial video on controls, or in one of his streams this past weekend, that the streamdeck keys are bound to keyboard presses in the streamdeck software. So, not terribly difficult?

edit:

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'm aware, I'm fence sitting on the special editions so I'm interested in the actual numbers

I'm seeing $85 being thrown around for the cost of the upgrade to premium deluxe from standard.

Merv Burger fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 17, 2020

Cancelbot
Nov 22, 2006

Canceling spam since 1928

gently caress I'm sticking to GA, I couldn't work the A320 autopilot IFR and the Dublin controller kept telling me I was too low so I cancelled IFR and buttered the bread after only seeing the runway from 1000ft. I'm ready for if my pilot becomes incapacitated when people are allowed to travel again.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Google Butt posted:

Hey you xbone peeps, can you use one of the sticks for free look?

Left stick is yoke, right is look, rudder is the L & R throttle, throttle is A & B, flaps are the bumpers, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Merv Burger posted:

I'm seeing $85 being thrown around for the cost of the upgrade to premium deluxe from standard.