Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

How early do you figure she'll point out Yoshimo's plot details?

You'll walk past his mangled corpse on the way out of the starting dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Midnight Voyager posted:

Also "I can't find Khalid and Jaheira" is a relatively common problem, I recall some people just having them vanish when they were dismissed sometimes. Some people even say they'll leave FOREVER if you dismiss them after act three, but haven't you done it before? Afraid I never did it myself.

That makes me feel a bit better about it, at least. I dismissed them in the Cloakwood in act four but didn't send them to an inn, I get the feeling that's where it goes wrong.

No worries, but by this point having a short, second 'things we've missed' playthrough might be worthwhile somewhere along the line. I'm also kicking myself for shooing off Xzar and Montaron and losing Edwin. :(

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Vichan posted:

losing Edwin. :(

pretty okay with this one, given the stuff surrounding him in sandrah saga, tbh

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Re: Yoshimo.

SHE'LL BREAK HIS GEAS WITH HER MAGIC VAGINA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

i can't believe she brought aerith back to life

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Up next: Sandrah travels to Westeros to negotiate a peaceful end to the wars by sexing up all the nobility.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
As odd as this LP has been, BG2 will probably be something else entirely. There's two or three times the number of mods for 2 as there are for 1.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter LII - Commander and Sandrah in union are strong for any future.

We deliver the message to Thomic, what an easy quest.

Otho's nephew is missing!? We'll need the help of an expert.

:colbert:

(Dynaheir's romance seems to be bugged, I'm afraid this'll be it for them for the BG1 portion of this LP, Khalid and Jaheira were supposed to replace them but they vanished while travelling to the Elfsong)

While travelling to the Elfsong to pick up our sixth member Yeslick is aching for revenge.

I love you too, Shar-Teel.

While I was here I decided to deliver a corpse to the local necromancer.

Please, enlighten us. :allears:

Sandrah hates necromancy, who would've thought?

These orcs are guarding a cave entrance, which is also shown on the picture. I have no idea how you're supposed to find it without a guide.

Sandrah and Deep Pond get down to business.

The cave system is huge and borrows areas from the Nashkel and Cloakwood mines as well as the Flaming Fist headquarters.

Oh boy, not these guys again.

Think this conversation is done? Think again.

As far as Sandrah conversations go this one is passable.

This area has basilisks, I think it's time to try out one of Sandrah's skills.

Sandrah gets abilities from people she meets and sleeps with. But I repeat myself. :imunfunny:

Let's see what it does.

:eyepop:

Those basilisks didn't stand a chance.

Yeslick is experiencing some deja vu.

We also meet our first drow.

Sweet gear!

Shortly after this we encounter more drow, including a weapon master.

Oh boy, Bregan D'aerthe's involved? :negative:

Shar-Teel doesn't really get along with a lot of people.

That's a lot of Duergar, is one of them friendly?

Oh, goody! It's a dwarf!

He's so excited to join us and the battle's not even won yet, Shar-Teel can run along for now.

Nice gear.

And the stats and bio to match!

I have no idea why this happened.

Later on we encounter a death Githyanki.

We'll have to keep our eye open for a silver sword. What's this about a mount?

Blacktalon mercenaries?

Thanks for the heads-up, I guess.

Breagan D'arthe and the Iron Throne are in cahoots?

Seems so.

What followed was a pretty hard fight, Mortius and his goons were easy enough but Shar Nadal and his Drow were numerous. We eventually carry the day, as we always do. :colbert:

Mortius was carrying this crown, Imoen finally has something nice to wear.

Looks like we did some good here. :)

Shar Nadal was carrying the Silver Sword.

Might as well put the Dark Side of the Sword Coast credits here, they were found in a book nearby.

Just a few more areas to go before the exit.

What's up with that portrai-

:eyepop:

Well, that was an experience.

Why does Sandrah get all the skills!? :argh:

We exit at the Bandit Camp.

Time to head back to Beregost.

Wrong game! Wrong game! :(

Good thing Jen'lig was here.

I really appreciate being sidelined every conversation, let me tell you.

And that's all she wrote for Dark Side of the Sword Coast!

Next time we're going to do some miscellaneous questing in Baldur's Gate, suggestions for NPCs to bring are greatly appreciated!

Vichan fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 7, 2021

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know why I thought Jen'Lig would get something cool (maybe a one-time use dragon summon?) for just casually being able to talk down entire dragons and command their favors... obviously, Sandrah gets powers for that.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I am pretty sure arcane necromancy just also comes from the weave?

I remember reading back in the day that there is a Shadow Weave made by Shar but that is some other thing entirely and isn't just necromancy spells.

also who the gently caress do u think they mean will rise to the weave guys c'mon

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Ramc posted:

I remember reading back in the day that there is a Shadow Weave made by Shar but that is some other thing entirely and isn't just necromancy spells.

also who the gently caress do u think they mean will rise to the weave guys c'mon

yeah but necromancy is icky and for bad people, therefore it can't possibly be part of the main character's power set, so they needed to words about why!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ramc posted:

Fluff-wise, this is true. Necromancy as a school of magic is an inherent part of arcane magic in the Realms as created originally by Selune and not intrinsically evil. It can be used for evil purposes, but in terms of game mechanics most healing spells are actually considered necromantic because they involve the energies of life and death.

The Shadow Weave, created by Shar, is also not innately evil. It's just really creepy and Shar mainly teaches its secrets to evil people, so it's very unusual to run into shadow adepts who aren't evil.

Though an interesting note on the Weave, wild magic works by destroying it. Opposing wild magic and those who use it is a divine commandment in the churches of both Mystra and Torm in the Realms. Not evil, but incredibly destructive to the very fabric of magic.

Sandrah, meanwhile, learned psychic powers this episode.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cythereal posted:

Opposing wild magic and those who use it is a divine commandment in the churches of both Mystra and Torm in the Realms.

I'm sure this will be upheld if we happen to meet that wild mage from EE.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Why does Sandrah have psionics now? Oh yeah, because she's good at everything.

Cythereal posted:

Though an interesting note on the Weave, wild magic works by destroying it. Opposing wild magic and those who use it is a divine commandment in the churches of both Mystra and Torm in the Realms. Not evil, but incredibly destructive to the very fabric of magic.

Huh. I don't remember this.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hypocrisy posted:

Huh. I don't remember this.

It's only a thing after the Time of Troubles, when the effects of the original Mystra's death damaged the Weave in much of Faerun, creating zones of wild magic and dead magic - holes in the Weave where magic is impossible, and areas where the Weave is catastrophically damaged and not working properly. Wild magic is trying to harness the power in that damage, effectively ripping energy straight out of the Weave rather than channeling it normally into spells, and this damages the Weave for a wide area around the wild mage - making wild magic zones worse and grow, or in safe areas, damaging the Weave and potentially creating new wild magic zones. Wild magic is powerful but extremely destructive to the raw fabric of magic, and is doubly dangerous for the effects it has on people who aren't wild mages. Wild mages at least learn to mitigate some of the problems it causes for themselves.

Mystra and Torm consider wild magic to be an abomination to be opposed as part of their efforts to clean up the aftermath of the Time of Troubles.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
No, I'm pretty sure wild magic is what happens when you take a klutzy manic pixie girl and make her a wizard. Sometimes you just blow up random bystanders because you're real irrascible but really no one is at fault.

E: Speaking of EE characters, we've briefly bumped into Neera and monkmeer, but I can't help but notice that Dorn's event never fired. Is it fair to assume that Sandrah Saga just makes it impossible to ever recruit him?

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 11, 2021

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

No, I'm pretty sure wild magic is what happens when you take a klutzy manic pixie girl and make her a wizard. Sometimes you just blow up random bystanders because you're real irrascible but really no one is at fault.

E: Speaking of EE characters, we've briefly bumped into Neera and monkmeer, but I can't help but notice that Dorn's event never fired. Is it fair to assume that Sandrah Saga just makes it impossible to ever recruit him?

I did a bit of a Google, and I don't think so. I saw Roxanne suggesting Dorn for someone's Sandrah party.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Does The Saga include Siege of Dragonspear as well?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Seyser Koze posted:

Does The Saga include Siege of Dragonspear as well?

I'd bet it does because Roxanne has made other mods for SoD already.

I tried looking for confirmation and instead found:

quote:

Basically am playing as a chaste character , and even though I rebuked Sandrah's advances I am forced to kiss her in Bergost temple to bring her back and I have to sleep with her when we arrive at her mansion.

quote:

You can tell her that you do not want her but she is quite stubborn/addicted to the player, so she will keep stalking you.
There are also options to discuss her behaviour with her. Other question is whether she will adhere to your advisories. Your companions are not slaves or thralls, they have their own mind and act according to their character. You may not succeed in changing one even if you want to. If she is not the right person for you then you need to part.

Roxanne, how did you think this was a positive quality in your NPC?

Someone else also thinks her loving everyone is a bug (YOU POOR INNOCENT FOOL) and Roxanne's like "well if you install this other mod, you can gently caress everyone too! You see, she fucks everyone LESS later on, so it's like growing maturity!"

Wait, no, I found it:

quote:

Added Sandrah Siege of Dragonspear content.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Feb 11, 2021

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Ramc posted:

This is second edition. Healing IS necromancy.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You know, I knew that was bothering me for a reason...

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

"Necromancy is evil and wrong and bad!"
"You've raised the dead in front of me dozens of times."
"It's different when I do it!"
:rolleyes:

I also notice that Shar-Teel is mysteriously not abusive and aggressive towards Sandrah. (It's almost like Roxanne doesn't understand consistent characterisation, isn't it.)

Vichan posted:

I have no idea why this happened.

Because the princess went without attention for .3 seconds and needed to grab the spotlight again? Likewise, this:

Vichan posted:

Why does Sandrah get all the skills!? :argh:

This whole thing is just :jerkbag: the mod. Try making this sort of character in any tabletop group and see how fast the DM kills them for spoiling everyone else's fun.

Lysan Lurraxol
Jun 27, 2013
Sandrah talks so so much and yet everything she says is really boring. Just paragraph after paragraph of tedious exposition, all concluding with 'and this is why Sandrah is right' or 'then Sandrah shags it.'

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

From what the unofficial guide was saying Neera is the only EE character with worthwhile content, I did run into Dorn but didn't bother to post the encounter, I have screenshots though and might include it later when we run out of NPCs.

Black Robe posted:

I also notice that Shar-Teel is mysteriously not abusive and aggressive towards Sandrah. (It's almost like Roxanne doesn't understand consistent characterisation, isn't it.)

Character traits melt like snow when Sandrah's around. If you recall Khalid also stopped stuttering whenever she talked with him.

EDIT:

quote:

While heading to the mines...

An ambush!

Wait, who's that?

The resulting fight was far from a challenge, especially not with Dorn's help.

After the battle he wants to join us, let's hold off on that for now though. We might visit him at the Friendly Arm Inn later.

I've added the encounter to chapter 14 but I'm adding it here for everyone's convencience, I shouldn't have left it out.

Vichan fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Feb 11, 2021

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, hey, I completely forgot this game had a Black Company reference.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
It's nice of Sandrah to warn about Drow gear, because you might not read the item's description.

Thanks for reminding me about Khalid's stutter. That was probably the dumbest example of character assassination yet.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Can someone link to the thread(s) where Roxanne has conversations with herself and gets outed? I kinda want to experience that bit of drama.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter LIII - She always has *helpful* advice, but ask yourself who has the most profit from your heeding it.

Might as well get rid of Ferthgil and Yeslick now that we're done with Dark Side of the Sword Coast.

Who will be their replacements, you ask?

Time to give the EE characters some love. Baldur's Gate can wait.

They both have unique weapons.

Dorn immediately talks to us about his personal quest.

Neera has to open up first. We'll get to her later.

I can just imagine what Dorn said to her to try and get her to talk.

Anyway, onward to the Gibberling mountains!

After beating up some skeletons Dorn warns us that Kryll is near. How does he do that anyway!?

We find Kryll surrounded by references to The Walking Dead. Some people complained at the 'immersion-breaking references' when the Enhanced Edition first came out. Those people had obviously never played Baldur's Gate before.

Jen'lig's opening salvo of Project Force one-shot-kills Kryll and her skeletons fall with her. :allears:

Creepy.

Luckily we can already go to Baldur's Gate, to Wyrm's Crossing!

You can be really cruel to Taris here. (I reloaded after this, I'm not that cruel)

When we arrive at Wyrm's Crossing Dorn senses Simeon's near.

Wouldn't you know it, he's right.

For all his bluster he dies easily enough.

And that's it for Dorn's quest. Short but sweet.

He does have banters after this, though. A lot of these conversations are voiced.

I instantly love anyone who calls Sandrah out on her poo poo. :allears:

Dorn has to make way for Rasaad, though.

He's voiced by Mark Meer, voice of commander Shepard. (and Cyric in Baldur's Gate II)

He's got some boots to make up for the fact that he's a low-level monk in BG1.

He also has quite the backstory.

Neera raises a good point, after resting at the inn she has something else to say...

East of Firewine Bridge, you say?

The EET World Map doesn't seem to think so. :colbert:

There seem to be some shenanigans going on here.

A goblin approaches us and leads us through the map after a conversation, as you can see he's quite talkative. Let's enter the cave.

They're obviously no match for us, I don't know what they were thinking.

We quickly stumble upon a corpse.

We take the ring and give her a proper burial.

Just as trivial as his flunkies.

We meet Adoy, who is immediately introduced to our protagonist.

We're interrupted by...

Red wizards! :argh: Luckily Adoy assists us in combat by transforming...

...Into a cute bunny rabbit. :3:

Luckily Ekandor and his goons are easily dispatched.

Adoy disappears after this, those wacky wild mages... :imunfunny:

At least we got this belt out of it. Time to head out.

:suicide:

I think I should say sorry for subjecting you all to this.

Also in this area is this house with a ranger in front of it.

We deliver the bad news of his wife's passing.

After a Rocky and Bullwinkle reference (I only know about them because of Baldur's Gate II) we're pretty much finished with this area.

It looks pretty nice. :)

Rasaad's quest is the only thing left to do, we'll get to that next time!

Vichan fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 7, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

A woman luring multiple men to follow her? But Sandrah's been with us this whole time! :imunfunny:

I assume you dunked on Taris to get the party rep down a bit?

I want Rasaad's boots. Exceptional arch support that prevents back pain? Every retail worker should get a pair.

Adoy is great, I wish he could come with us and turn Sandrah into something amusing.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Black Robe posted:

I assume you dunked on Taris to get the party rep down a bit?

10 rep is too much for me, I made do with a 'happy party' tweak.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I was waiting to see Dorn interact with Sandrah. I appreciate his all too brief candor.

I liked Neera except for all those times she obliterated my gold.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LargeHadron posted:

It's nice of Sandrah to warn about Drow gear, because you might not read the item's description.

Thanks for reminding me about Khalid's stutter. That was probably the dumbest example of character assassination yet.

The worst part was the implication that he just stutters because of SCARY JAHEIRA.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

The worst part was the implication that he just stutters because of SCARY JAHEIRA.

Yeah. I said something earlier about Roxanne showing the emotional maturity of a 12 year old, and this really illustrates the point.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Vichan posted:

The EET World Map doesn't seem to think so. :colbert:
Out of curiosity, what does the world map currently look like?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Carpator Diei posted:

Out of curiosity, what does the world map currently look like?

Cut off a bit at the east but you get the idea, I will upload a proper world map after we're done with BG1.

EDIT:

Vichan fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 11, 2021

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I'm loving amazed that Dorn was able to get away with calling sandrah out on her poo poo. Like no immediate making him cower at her intellectual might or sexiness or anything

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

<MapItem name="Valley of the Tombs" icon="./icons/Moutain5.png" />

I don't even know if I'm making fun of Sandrah or BG1 or what

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Is there even an intra-BG1 xp cap anymore.

are you going to be using high level abilities by the sarevok fight

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ramc posted:

Is there even an intra-BG1 xp cap anymore.

If I remember right from the old "mash all Baldur's Gates into one program" mod, there wasn't an XP cap, so... if it works that way too, maybe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunderclan
Dec 24, 2013

Ramc posted:

Are we sure there is even going to BE a fight? Or is Sandrah just going to end things without any need for Vichan to do anything but stand in a corner and remember the brief moments when he was the focus of the adventure?