Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lysan Lurraxol posted:

If it's any incentive I'd love to have Valerie in BG2 if only to round out the vanishing small roster of non-terrible female npc mods for BG2.

I may take a look at it once I've finished the STO LP that I've inherited, but to be honest, it's almost certainly not going to amount to anything unless someone volunteers to do the rest of the scripting and technical work. :v:

Remember that I don't even own the Enhanced Editions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I like how there's a Shar and a Sharess who are completely different

Sharess is Bast, one of many gods from mythology just hanging out in the Realms.

As for the Black Pits...I vote yes. It'll be pretty short since you're geared and leveled and I like pretty much everything Baeloth says. Though, if it isn't Sandrah'fied maybe it's not worth it.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I laughed pretty hard at "my loverboy collection" :ohno:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
At least she leaves your dog. I half expected he'd be gone too.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

are you loving for real

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also, seriously, did she have to belabor how it was a rape? I don't feel like the game originally was like "oh yeah Bhaal had a rape spree." There were certainly consensual Bhaalspawn out there.

And another thing, isn't she supposed to be able to work fine with an evil party? How does that work? "Oh, you can be evil as long as you obey me when I have opinions on you doing good things, which is all the time."

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Elminster this, Elminster that! Give me two thousand years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse!

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Just when you think you're getting used to the idiocy, of course it gets more idiotic.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Elminster this, Elminster that! Give me two thousand years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse!

:agreed:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

tithin posted:

are you loving for real

lmao

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Remember that I don't even own the Enhanced Editions.

lunar new year sale on steam atm 50% off

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ramc posted:

lunar new year sale on steam atm 50% off

Just like when they were released, they don't offer anything that I want to spend money on. A set of new characters and story bits that range from mediocre to offensive, technical improvements that I can mostly get via mods, and a handful of other small things.

As with most low-effort nostalgia cash grabs, the Baldur's Gate enhanced editions for me completely fail the "So why would I buy this when I already have the original games?" test.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Also, seriously, did she have to belabor how it was a rape? I don't feel like the game originally was like "oh yeah Bhaal had a rape spree." There were certainly consensual Bhaalspawn out there.

Bhaalspawn. Chinchilla.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 14, 2021

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Just like when they were released, they don't offer anything that I want to spend money on. A set of new characters and story bits that range from mediocre to offensive, technical improvements that I can mostly get via mods, and a handful of other small things.

Yeah if you already still own it in a playable form then w/e

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cythereal posted:

Bhaalspawn. Chinchilla.

The chinchilla wasn't like "Me mum was minding her own business and then Bhaal SENSED HER AND RAPED HER BECAUSE HE COULD. He inseminated my chinchilla mum!"

Anyway, Roxanne could have had Imoen's mom be a priestess of Bhaal who got attached to her unborn kid and went to Winthrop for help. Didn't HAVE to go straight for rape.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 14, 2021

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Goddamn how can this poo poo just get worse.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Thank gently caress for that. Now we can carry on without them. What do you mean the entire game breaks because a single modded NPC got her fee-fees hurt and the creator is a ridiculous godmoder who throws tantrums if you don't pick the solution that lets her self-insert solve everything while you watch?

This is the gamer equivalent of "it's my ball and if you don't let me win I'm taking it home". Roxanne, you are not a spoilt seven year old. Get a loving grip.

Also I'm assuming the rapid decline in Imoen's already horrifically bad Engrish means she's about to transform into her true demon self and eat someone, right? The general standard of English in the whole mod is not good, but her dialogue is so butchered it must be deliberate. Except I can't think of a reason for it.

Also yes to the Black Pits. I guess.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Also, seriously, did she have to belabor how it was a rape?

We've already seen that she has zero understanding of consent or sexual assault. I'm surprised she even knows rape exists in any form. But of course she had to include it, that's bonus EDGE points!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Updates on my adventures in Infinity Engine mods and running across the wreckage of Roxanne everywhere I turn:

Roxanne's EET installer includes some things you can't turn off that are labeled as EET Fixpacks. They are not. They tweak poo poo for her mods. Dead serious, I ran across a warning about this.

Her installer doesn't include the original version of some mods she stole or altered on her own AT ALL, namely that Balduran's Tower mod. You can't pick a non-Roxanned mod from that installer.

It is by far the easiest and most convenient mod organizer to use for newcomers. The interface is excellent, and it easily lets you download and install any goddamn Baldur's Gate mod you can think of, even ones that just spring up new on the forum. The alternative, Project Infinity, is really clunky, has a terrible interface, and isn't remotely as newbie-friendly. This isn't like Vortex vs Mod Organizer 2, to use a Bethesda game example. Honestly, Project Infinity barely outranks just figuring it out yourself and running the Weidu installers. Too bad the really handy one is written by a jerk and forces bad edits on you!

...Oh, and I just realized: We have it confirmed that Imoen is NOT Sandrah's sister. So... US being her brother is still an uncomfortable option!

Wait x2: IT'S NOT US EITHER. We know our mother's name from later games. Alianna.

NGL, I have no idea how to spoiler tag in this LP, Sandrah keeps spoiling poo poo left and right.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 14, 2021

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Is Roxanne going to edit all of Imoen's dialogue in BGII because I absolutely utterly loathe how she is written in this mod. If I have to to read "Besta" one more bhalldamn time.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

mitochondritom posted:

Is Roxanne going to edit all of Imoen's dialogue in BGII because I absolutely utterly loathe how she is written in this mod. If I have to to read "Besta" one more bhalldamn time.

Don't forget quickest.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Updates on my adventures in Infinity Engine mods and running across the wreckage of Roxanne everywhere I turn:

Roxanne's EET installer includes some things you can't turn off that are labeled as EET Fixpacks. They are not. They tweak poo poo for her mods. Dead serious, I ran across a warning about this.

Her installer doesn't include the original version of some mods she stole or altered on her own AT ALL, namely that Balduran's Tower mod. You can't pick a non-Roxanned mod from that installer.

It is by far the easiest and most convenient mod organizer to use for newcomers. The interface is excellent, and it easily lets you download and install any goddamn Baldur's Gate mod you can think of, even ones that just spring up new on the forum. The alternative, Project Infinity, is really clunky, has a terrible interface, and isn't remotely as newbie-friendly. This isn't like Vortex vs Mod Organizer 2, to use a Bethesda game example. Honestly, Project Infinity barely outranks just figuring it out yourself and running the Weidu installers. Too bad the really handy one is written by a jerk and forces bad edits on you!

...Oh, and I just realized: We have it confirmed that Imoen is NOT Sandrah's sister. So... US being her brother is still an uncomfortable option!

Wait x2: IT'S NOT US EITHER. We know our mother's name from later games. Alianna.

NGL, I have no idea how to spoiler tag in this LP, Sandrah keeps spoiling poo poo left and right.

I'm not sure I follow this. She wrote her own mod installer or something else?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Chapter LVI - ..mmh...that wonderful middle toe graced by the silver engraved ring that I dreamed of kissing...

This chapter will deal with the Black Pits and is pretty light as far as Sandrah content is concerned. I still wouldn't want to keep Black Pits' content from you guys so I'll show the dialogue in its entirety without much commentary. Not that that was ever a big draw to begin with.

Anticipating this she provides us with more unbearable arrogance, I have no idea what the hell that second banter's about.

She gets a new spell out of it at least.

Exchanging Edwin and Viconia for Khalid and Jaheira (yay console) turned out to be somewhat of a mistake, they're awfully silent.

Time to enter the Black Pits!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRSAK3dq4xs

We're going to make a clockwise pass to the various merchants.

This guy's voice acting is ATROCIOUS.

Quite the colorful cast of characters.

This guy's supposed to give you hints before every battle but for some reason his advice is in the wrong order, ergo useless.

You have to talk to Baeloth before every battle to get it started. This chapter will already be long enough so I won't be showing it again.

We arrive too late to save these guys.

At least we qualified!

We're teleported back to the resting area.

Sandrah not knowing something? That's new.

Not a lot to say about these encounters, needless to say we're extremely overleveled.

Every so often a gladiator team will appear in the prisons.

Poor guys, they turn out to be the 'endboss' of the tier 1 fights.

Sandrah is determined to be two steps ahead of every single plotline in the game.

We can start the tier 2 fights now which means everyone has something new to say. Again we go clockwise.

Riveting.

New prisoners as well, I can't wait to face the smug bastards. Treacle is voiced by a vanilla BG1 voice actor that I couldn't place. Did I mention almost every line is voiced? Beamdog spent a lot of effort on this.

The tier 2 fights. Still a breeze. The Ogre Mage fight had five portals spawning enemies, a neat concept.

This prompts yet another round past the shopkeepers.

Now that that's over with we might as well check the prisons.

He seems cool.

Too bad we had to kill him. :negative:

This is the last bit of Sandrah content for this chapter. Why Roxanne thought it was a good idea to integrate The Black Pits into the main game I'll probably never understand.

Anyway, time to make a final round.

Why go through all the trouble of screenshotting this if it barely relates to the LP at all? The answer is quite simple: :spergin:

Looks like the beholder's siding with Baeloth.

The Rakshasha and Thardek as well? This might turn into quite a fight.

Well, that's anti-climactic. For some reason Baeloth's allies turned on him, the beholder didn't even bother showing up. Maybe Sandrah did some poo poo behind the scenes.

The gang shows up to thanks us before the non-Duergar teleport out of this place.

Dinguer prefers to fight us, together with the duergar who pour into the arena to throw us out.

Time to get out of here. (If you wait too long the genie simply leaves you to the Duergar)

After scaring the living daylights out of the barkeeper we're done with the Black Pits, probably the most Sandrah-lite chapter so far. This also means we're finished with the Waterdeep content, at least for the BG1 portion of this LP.

Will we finally get to Baldur's Gate content like I promised ages ago? Tune in next time to find out! :keke:

Vichan fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Nov 25, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Strawman!Edwin is so much more boring than Canon!Edwin. He does normally have non-horny/non-misogynist conversations, Roxanne. And he's almost certainly smarter than Sandrah no matter what you say.

Vichan posted:

This is the last bit of Sandrah content for this chapter. Why Roxanne thought it was a good idea to integrate The Black Pits into the main game I'll probably never understand.

It does seem weird that she bothered to do so and then didn't have Sandrah interjecting in every single conversation. Look at all that dialogue she could have taken over! So much wasted opportunity for pointless blathering!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Black Robe posted:

It does seem weird that she bothered to do so and then didn't have Sandrah interjecting in every single conversation. Look at all that dialogue she could have taken over! So much wasted opportunity for pointless blathering!

Maybe the bit about all of the lines being voiced made it problematic to do so, somehow.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ah Baeloth, an antagonistic rear end in a top hat accentuated with alliteration. Black Pits isn't amazing but it is fun little side story. Shame the Baeloth fight glitched out like that (he only summons the beholder once the first two allies are dead).

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tithin posted:

I'm not sure I follow this. She wrote her own mod installer or something else?

Okay, modding Baldur's Gate is a little complicated because it's old as poo poo. Let me try to go through it.

First, Baldur's Gate mods. How do you install them? Portrait replacements and very simple overrides go into the override folder, easy. Anything else, you're using Weidu. Guy named Weimer came up with it. I can't really tell you how it works, just that it literally uses a command prompt, that's how old we're talking here. They pretty much install themselves with some y/n input from a user, but you need to pay close attention to what order you install things in, what's incompatible with what, etc. EE has made things slightly easier, I hear, but Weidu is still what people use.

Now, basic EET: There used to be this thing called Big World Project that would merge Baldur's Gate 1/2/TOB into the same game so that you could play them through without having to import saves across games. Also Baldur's Gate 1's engine worked differently, so it meant you could use 2's engine. This evolved into EET, Enhanced Edition Trilogy, for the new games. Same principle. Run everything on BG2, don't have to keep hopping from game to game between them. Even Siege of Dragonspear is started like a "new game" imported from BG1, I hear.

Now, modding for EET: It's not tremendously newbie-friendly as a process to figure out what's compatible with it, what's not, what order to install things in. You basically have to hope people have marked incompatibilities on their mods themselves. So the EET Install Tool (just like BWP before it) tries to help with that. It gives you a GUI and the ability to download and update mods inside the installer, complete with compatibility warnings and errors and all sorts of useful things. This is almost certainly what Vichan used to install EET, Sandrah, and all the other mods. It would definitely be the easiest way.

The process of keeping this installer updated was SUPER time-consuming and draining, however, so guess who took the whole thing over? The endless font of free time, Roxanne. Since Roxanne's controlling the installer, she controls what mods it shows. On the one hand, it's super up to date and very easy to use. I was helping some Russian guy edit the English translation of his new mod, and I saw it pop up on that installer. On the other hand, you can never tell what poo poo Roxanne's sneaked into your game. You can't look at a mod by title and know that it's Roxanne's version. You can't look at a set of required fixes and know that it's just some edits Roxanne made so her own poo poo works better on it, even if that poo poo isn't something you goddamn have installed. You are at her rear end in a top hat mercy.

The alternative is called Project Infinity, and I am fighting with it right now. The GUI is sparse and updates... badly. Like I have a mod installed, I click it, it takes many seconds too long to see if there's any mod metadata, it changes the mod name if so to match it... this happens every time I install a new mod. Checks won't stay checked if I install a new mod either. It is clunky at best. It tries to have the download-mods-from-anywhere feature that EET Install Tool does and it's more transparent about what the mods are and where they come from, but it's got very limited options. Manually adding them in is awkward. It is worse in every way except that it doesn't force Roxanne poo poo on you.

EDIT: and just to clarify further, EET and EET Install Tool are different things. EET just merges the games, EET Install Tool helps you run EET and mod it.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 14, 2021

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I wouldn't normally entertain the notion that anyone could buy off a beholder and a rakshasa with sex, but with this mod I'm not certain of anything.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I thought it was weird that Black Pits wasn't integrated with all the other content in the first place, so I at least can understand the choice to find a way to include it. It's not like it's more out-of-place than Watcher's Keep.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

So I just blitzed through this thread recently (skimming a lot, because Sandrah has way too much repetitive content), and goddamn this is some bad fanfiction.

But I got a question for anyone who's paid more attention than me...how old is Sandrah meant to be?

A rational person might assume that there's no way someone in their early 20s has met half of everyone on the Sword Coast and learned some of the most devastating magics known to man and be a trained warrior who can crush Battle Horrors and know the most obscure bits of lore in the realms.

But this is Sandrah's Saga, and I wouldn't be surprised if this Roxanne lady made her 18 for both the wow factor of her being brilliant and talented at a young age and because it would fit some creepy virgin youth fetish (despite her loving her way up and down the Sword Coast at the same time).

But hey, maybe I'll be surprised and she's actually 30?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

A update or so late but is kind of funny that even the party members who were egging you on to kill the Sirine also ditch you in favor of sandrah when you get ALONE'd for doing it.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

LJN92 posted:

So I just blitzed through this thread recently (skimming a lot, because Sandrah has way too much repetitive content), and goddamn this is some bad fanfiction.

But I got a question for anyone who's paid more attention than me...how old is Sandrah meant to be?

I think she is supposed to be like 20 or so. There was some throwaway line describing her as only not-recently-being-a-teen herself or something.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

LJN92 posted:

A rational person might assume that there's no way someone in their early 20s has met half of everyone on the Sword Coast and learned some of the most devastating magics known to man and be a trained warrior who can crush Battle Horrors and know the most obscure bits of lore in the realms.

But this is Sandrah's Saga, and I wouldn't be surprised if this Roxanne lady made her 18 for both the wow factor of her being brilliant and talented at a young age and because it would fit some creepy virgin youth fetish (despite her loving her way up and down the Sword Coast at the same time).

But hey, maybe I'll be surprised and she's actually 30?

She has to be older than Vichan so she's older than 20.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I googled some of the timeline and it's kind of wild.

-The Time of Troubles was ten years prior to the start of the game. This is canon, but it's also kind of wild that it's not more deeply engrained in the public consciousness.

-At the time of her ascension, Midnight was 24. Sandrah's grandmother is 34. I have no idea how old Sandrah or Elminster are supposed to be, but if we ignore the ages being nonsense and assume Sandrah is a year older than Vichan, 21-22, that would mean she was 11 when her grandmother attained divinity, and had plenty of time to know her as a person.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I googled some of the timeline and it's kind of wild.

-The Time of Troubles was ten years prior to the start of the game. This is canon, but it's also kind of wild that it's not more deeply engrained in the public consciousness.

-At the time of her ascension, Midnight was 24. Sandrah's grandmother is 34. I have no idea how old Sandrah or Elminster are supposed to be, but if we ignore the ages being nonsense and assume Sandrah is a year older than Vichan, 21-22, that would mean she was 11 when her grandmother attained divinity, and had plenty of time to know her as a person.

Elminster is literally over a thousand years old, thus Edwin's "Elminster this, Elminster that. Give *me* 2000 years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse!" His mother was a lady named Amrythale. I have no idea why Sandrah made it Midnight, you can find this in the most cursory Googling. If it was her mom's mom, sure, whatever though the time's still messed up.

Like, I didn't misread that, right? She's saying Midnight is Elminster's mom and her grandmother. Even in Baldur's Gate plot terms, where they forgot that dwarves and elves come of age way later than humans and so the timeline wouldn't make sense if protagonist was one of those, that's nuts.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

Elminster is literally over a thousand years old, thus Edwin's "Elminster this, Elminster that. Give *me* 2000 years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse!" His mother was a lady named Amrythale. I have no idea why Sandrah made it Midnight, you can find this in the most cursory Googling. If it was her mom's mom, sure, whatever though the time's still messed up.

Like, I didn't misread that, right? She's saying Midnight is Elminster's mom and her grandmother. Even in Baldur's Gate plot terms, where they forgot that dwarves and elves come of age way later than humans and so the timeline wouldn't make sense if protagonist was one of those, that's nuts.
Yeah, I mentioned this a week and a half ago that Roxanne is trying to outright warp canon rather than just tweak what's there. It's super clunky even by the most charitable read.

NGDBSS posted:

I'm not deep into Realmslore but I know Elminster is supposed to be really old for a human. (Apparently he's over 1100 years old during the events of Baldur's Gate.) So what's Roxanne's explanation for switching around the canon to make him younger than Midnight? There are easier ways to get that I'm Impossibly Special :sparkles: aura than this! Just play up the Chosen of Mystra connection or something!

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

So not as bad as I thought it could be, but still pretty dumb.

Can't wait to see how Sandrah will sort out all the problems in and around Baldur's Gate, alongside her trusty sidekick Vichan.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can I just say this LP has been very weird for me, personally, with this name? And finding out that I'm the same age as her in this era isn't helping this be weird? It's super weird!

Hey Sandrah, it's your weirdly young grandmother speaking, CUT ALL OF THIS OUT!

I have been fighting Project Infinity for hours and I am just about ready to either do it myself by hand or turn to Roxanne. This is a Bad Time.

Thunderclan
Dec 24, 2013
Just speaking from my own extremely brief experience, installing them individually wasn't too bad. Originally tried to use the EET since it seemed the best way to install mods since it was my first time playing (quite glad I couldn't get it to work now, Sandrah sneaking into my install would have ruined the excitement for sure) but since it didn't work I took my chances with installing the individual mods and it seemed like everything played nice together (no crashes or error messages at least).

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Midnight Voyager posted:

Okay, modding Baldur's Gate is a little complicated because it's old as poo poo. Let me try to go through it.

First, Baldur's Gate mods. How do you install them? Portrait replacements and very simple overrides go into the override folder, easy. Anything else, you're using Weidu. Guy named Weimer came up with it. I can't really tell you how it works, just that it literally uses a command prompt, that's how old we're talking here. They pretty much install themselves with some y/n input from a user, but you need to pay close attention to what order you install things in, what's incompatible with what, etc. EE has made things slightly easier, I hear, but Weidu is still what people use.

Now, basic EET: There used to be this thing called Big World Project that would merge Baldur's Gate 1/2/TOB into the same game so that you could play them through without having to import saves across games. Also Baldur's Gate 1's engine worked differently, so it meant you could use 2's engine. This evolved into EET, Enhanced Edition Trilogy, for the new games. Same principle. Run everything on BG2, don't have to keep hopping from game to game between them. Even Siege of Dragonspear is started like a "new game" imported from BG1, I hear.

Now, modding for EET: It's not tremendously newbie-friendly as a process to figure out what's compatible with it, what's not, what order to install things in. You basically have to hope people have marked incompatibilities on their mods themselves. So the EET Install Tool (just like BWP before it) tries to help with that. It gives you a GUI and the ability to download and update mods inside the installer, complete with compatibility warnings and errors and all sorts of useful things. This is almost certainly what Vichan used to install EET, Sandrah, and all the other mods. It would definitely be the easiest way.

The process of keeping this installer updated was SUPER time-consuming and draining, however, so guess who took the whole thing over? The endless font of free time, Roxanne. Since Roxanne's controlling the installer, she controls what mods it shows. On the one hand, it's super up to date and very easy to use. I was helping some Russian guy edit the English translation of his new mod, and I saw it pop up on that installer. On the other hand, you can never tell what poo poo Roxanne's sneaked into your game. You can't look at a mod by title and know that it's Roxanne's version. You can't look at a set of required fixes and know that it's just some edits Roxanne made so her own poo poo works better on it, even if that poo poo isn't something you goddamn have installed. You are at her rear end in a top hat mercy.

The alternative is called Project Infinity, and I am fighting with it right now. The GUI is sparse and updates... badly. Like I have a mod installed, I click it, it takes many seconds too long to see if there's any mod metadata, it changes the mod name if so to match it... this happens every time I install a new mod. Checks won't stay checked if I install a new mod either. It is clunky at best. It tries to have the download-mods-from-anywhere feature that EET Install Tool does and it's more transparent about what the mods are and where they come from, but it's got very limited options. Manually adding them in is awkward. It is worse in every way except that it doesn't force Roxanne poo poo on you.

EDIT: and just to clarify further, EET and EET Install Tool are different things. EET just merges the games, EET Install Tool helps you run EET and mod it.

I used to be into BG modding back in the day, like a very very long time ago, so I'm familiar with weidu and even the big world project, but I haven't look in almost a decade.

As I recall, the Big World Project was extremely non user friendly, because it basically downloaded every single mod it could find, with absolutely no compatibility fixes.

I just hadn't heard of Enhance Edition Trilogy, and the fact that it's been usurped by someone who's sneaking in all this junk is kinda disheartening.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

quote:

While leaving the zombie farm we're accosted by the weird mage ladies from the Beregost inn as well as a zombie lord, just like all Roxanne encounters they're very annoying.

This encounter didn't trigger for me when it was supposed to, I'll add this to the appropriate chapter.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Thunderclan posted:

Sandrah sneaking into my install

Now I'm picturing Sandrah as some sort of malicious mod-based internet worm that forcibly inserts herself into all games installed on your hard drive.

Planescape: Torment
Sandrah immediately joins you when you start the game and gives you a multi-page plot exposition explaining who the main antagonist is before you've even left the Mortuary. Oh, and she's now a Fighter/Cleric/Psionicist and Dak'kon learned everything he knows from her. When you try to talk to someone at a tavern, it triggers an event that describes a lesbian threesome involving Sandrah, Annah, and Fall-from-Grace in excruciating detail.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Jedi Master Sandrah is your permanent companion and cannot be dismissed or exchanged. All your other companions fall in love with her. It turns out Sandrah has the top secret rank of Supreme Jedi Master and thus the parts in the Jedi Code about not having emotional attachments don't apply to her. A polygamous wedding ceremony is officiated by the Jedi Council on Dantooine. Sandrah reprograms HK-47 and turns him into a pleasure droid, fluent in 6,000,000 forms of erotic expression.

Skyrim
Sandrah saves the main character from execution, revealing that she is the secret daughter of the Emperor who also happens to be the Ultimate Dragonborn. She ends the civil war by loving both General Tullius and Ulfric Stormcloak and is crowned High Queen of Skyrim.

Thunderclan
Dec 24, 2013

Comrade Koba posted:

Now I'm picturing Sandrah as some sort of malicious mod-based internet worm that forcibly inserts herself into all games installed on your hard drive.

Planescape: Torment
Sandrah immediately joins you when you start the game and gives you a multi-page plot exposition explaining who the main antagonist is before you've even left the Mortuary. Oh, and she's now a Fighter/Cleric/Psionicist and Dak'kon learned everything he knows from her. When you try to talk to someone at a tavern, it triggers an event that describes a lesbian threesome involving Sandrah, Annah, and Fall-from-Grace in excruciating detail.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Jedi Master Sandrah is your permanent companion and cannot be dismissed or exchanged. All your other companions fall in love with her. It turns out Sandrah has the top secret rank of Supreme Jedi Master and thus the parts in the Jedi Code about not having emotional attachments don't apply to her. A polygamous wedding ceremony is officiated by the Jedi Council on Dantooine. Sandrah reprograms HK-47 and turns him into a pleasure droid, fluent in 6,000,000 forms of erotic expression.

Skyrim
Sandrah saves the main character from execution, revealing that she is the secret daughter of the Emperor who also happens to be the Ultimate Dragonborn. She ends the civil war by loving both General Tullius and Ulfric Stormcloak and is crowned High Queen of Skyrim.

I would not be very surprised to be honest, seems like exactly the sort of thing that would spawn out of this madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Comrade Koba posted:

Skyrim

No no, she turns out to be a descendant of Martin Septim himself, due to an amorous fling he had with the Hero of Kvatch (who is now canonically female for Roxanne's convenience/?Sheogorath magic fuckery?). She is now both the Ultimate Dragonborn and the rightful heir to the throne.

Her quest involves not only helping her defeat Alduin but also getting Titus Mede to recognise that she is not only the legal Septim heir but also the most qualified to lead the Empire during this time of turmoil. Ulfric Stormcloak is literally hosed into surrendering to the Empire.

In an ending cutscene, it is explained that Sandrah's rule lead to the ultimate defeat of the Aldmeri Dominion and now Akavir is petitioning for annexation.