Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Yeah, the cat going through a human neck makes Chipie's portrait uncomfortable to look at, which is a shame, really, particularly so if it turns out that Chipie is the cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Donkringel posted:

Well that is interesting. Setsu knows there is a loop going on (since Set gave us the loop ability, no surprise) but also does not like being a gnosia and is looking forward to the next loop.

I'm putting my money that this game is going to have a mindfuck twist like Doki Doki Literature Club or something like that.

I get the feeling that this whole thing is a training exercise for the next generation of ship AI.

The current AI can't consistently figure out who is Gnosia on actual ships and it's become enough of a problem in the real world that this test with all of the loops has been devised. Everyone that has showed up so far are each different AIs coded in certain ways and then mashed together to determine the approach that can best figure out how to spot Gnosia. Cassidy's AI is a new model and is being built from the ground up via the EXP/level system the player has access to. Meanwhile, someone like Comet is a finished product destined to never tell a lie but always be able to tell when someone else is doing as such. Similarly, Raqio will always be 100% logic and 0% People Skills even as that approach continues to end in being flash frozen.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Falconer posted:

I get the feeling that this whole thing is a training exercise for the next generation of ship AI.

The current AI can't consistently figure out who is Gnosia on actual ships and it's become enough of a problem in the real world that this test with all of the loops has been devised. Everyone that has showed up so far are each different AIs coded in certain ways and then mashed together to determine the approach that can best figure out how to spot Gnosia. Cassidy's AI is a new model and is being built from the ground up via the EXP/level system the player has access to. Meanwhile, someone like Comet is a finished product destined to never tell a lie but always be able to tell when someone else is doing as such. Similarly, Raqio will always be 100% logic and 0% People Skills even as that approach continues to end in being flash frozen.

That's a good idea, but what possible drawbacks would an AI with full scores in all categories have? Unless they're also trying to figure that out and the 100%-in-everything-AI is Yuriko.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

wologar posted:

That's a good idea, but what possible drawbacks would an AI with full scores in all categories have?
Maybe the ideal outcome would be finding a set of stats that have a high chance of winning as crew but a low chance of winning as Gnosia. With super stats you're just hoping they don't roll Gnosia.

Or maybe this experiment is being conducted by the Gnosia and the goal is the other way around. :tinfoil:

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

wologar posted:

That's a good idea, but what possible drawbacks would an AI with full scores in all categories have? Unless they're also trying to figure that out and the 100%-in-everything-AI is Yuriko.

My guess is that Yuriko is the AI of an admin and is there mostly to make sure no funny business is going on that would fudge the outcome. That is, if Cassidy didn't have their plot armor then Yuriko would participate with stats on par with the other AIs and Cassidy wouldn't have had a target on their back for the entirely of loop 5 (for as long as it lasted before cold sleep in the LP's case).

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Mega64 posted:

The worst part about going to cold sleep or being eliminated is you don't find out the ultimate result of that loop, so we have no idea whether the Gnosia win this one or not. That said, I think it's safe to say the Gnosia would have won. Setsu had me fooled, and having Stella and Setsu on two different factions really helps the chances of them sneaking in a victory, especially since Yuriko seemed more concerned with killing us than actually finding the Gnosia.

So this gets to one of my favorite things about Gnosia. Every single character has some sort of underlying motivation and logic to what they do, to the point of adhering to this personality even when it is very obviously suboptimal (Raqio...).

Except for you, the player. You don't have those things, because you're not programmed. You can make the perfect plays every time, because you aren't compelled to let your own personality get in the way.

Well, aside from one little thing.

Your game ends when you do. If you're voted off or killed, you get nothing. No more information, no more anything. You don't get a chance to do more, to necessarily even see if your side won. Every other character has their AI quirks, and the player character has their own version: they will avoid plays that put them, personally, in danger.

Is it best to Day 1 claim Engineer in this? Yeah, probably. If no one counter claims, you're Definite Human and the Guardian Angel can easily cover you. If someone does, you're probably not going to get nightkilled because that confirms the other Engineer as Definite Enemy. But it doesn't matter when you, the player, are the Engineer because that takes a back seat to "I want to live". Yes, it might be suboptimal for the Gnosia to nightkill you and effectively sacrifice whoever on their side claimed Engineer. However, that doesn't mean they won't do it, and if they do, that's it. Doesn't matter if the Crew go on to win, you've lost.

That wrinkle gives even the player their own motivation to make bad plays. To go an entire game not claiming a role. To not speak up against suspected Gnosia for fear of dying. To try and get three way ties so no one dies because the alternative is you getting thrown into cold sleep.

Because of this, the player gets to see their character on the same level as the rest of the cast. They're not better because they've spent ten years playing PbP Mafia or anything, and they're not worse for having never touched a social deduction game before, because they too have to abide by a strong motivation of "don't die", giving them a personality quirk informing their gameplay, just like every other character.

Gnosia loving rules, is what I'm saying.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Rosalie_A posted:

Gnosia loving rules, is what I'm saying.

Well, now I want to play it.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
It took a while for some of them to grow on me but I have to agree that the character design in this game is amazing

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Rosalie_A posted:

So this gets to one of my favorite things about Gnosia. Every single character has some sort of underlying motivation and logic to what they do, to the point of adhering to this personality even when it is very obviously suboptimal (Raqio...).
I'm very impressed by this, BTW. I tend to scroll through accusations pretty fast (that's why I'm on loop 100 and still missing stuff, I guess), but after a loop ends I go through the log and things just make sense.

The AI is better and most consistent at Mafia than human Mafia players.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The point on personalities is spot on. With the benefit of multiple loops, the player should be able to spot which team Raqio is on day one. The flowchart is simple:
a) did they NOT claim/counterclaim on the first engineer/doctor claim? They're crew. If they do a later claim they're telling the truth.
b) did they claim on the first claim? They're lying, double check if Comet or the other high intuition characters are targeting them.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Sindai posted:

Can't stop thinking that that cat appears to be tunneling through Chipie's neck.

Great news! Your thinking is correct

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Seems to me there's two possibilities for Chipie:

1: That's not a real cat, it's just an accessory
2: That's not a real human, it's just an accessory

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Tenebrais posted:

Seems to me there's two possibilities for Chipie:

1: That's not a real cat, it's just an accessory
2: That's not a real human, it's just an accessory

Looking at loop 7's summary screen, it looks like Chipie's Gnosia face has his eyes closed.

So I imagine that the cat is the actual person, and we'll be seeing some form of nightmare cat face down the line.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Chipie's weird to play with because he's well-rounded and actually good at Mafia, but more in the sense that keeps his head down and waits for the game to fall into place on it's own. He's not actually a brilliant logistician or cunning manipulator, but he's got a great strategy and is a good team player.

unfortunately that makes him useless to the protagonist

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm very impressed by this, BTW. I tend to scroll through accusations pretty fast (that's why I'm on loop 100 and still missing stuff, I guess), but after a loop ends I go through the log and things just make sense.

The AI is better and most consistent at Mafia than human Mafia players.

That makes me curious if a later character will be random and unpredictable like a 1am drunk human player.

"Dude we had this in the bag, why did you throw?"
"I thought it would be funny *takes another shot*"

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

This is indeed the case. That particular character is....ALOT and you'll know him when you see him :v:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Leraika posted:

Got some "he's" for Raqio in loop 7 day 2.

Also: Ah, Yuriko.

Thanks! Finally got that fixed.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
So SQ just has absolutely abysmal stealth right? The Gnosia seem to hate them judging by the rounds we've had so far, to the point I wonder if they're gnosia for surviving the night.

Gives me nostalgic flashbacks to playing pbp mafia and wondering why x player is alive, except those people were targeted for generally being effective players instead of just being cursed by the nature of stat-like RPG elements.

Rawkking fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 29, 2021

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Rawkking posted:

So SQ just has absolutely abysmal stealth right? The Gnosia seem to hate them judging by the rounds we've had so far, to the point I wonder if they're gnosia for surviving the night.

Gives me nostalgic flashbacks to playing pbp mafia and wondering why x player is alive, except those people were targeted for generally being effective players instead of just being cursed by the nature of stat-like RPG elements.

This is why I only run games of mafia now. If I try playing them I'm dead first night. First trial if I survive the night (because I'm mafia..)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Donkringel posted:

This is why I only run games of mafia now. If I try playing them I'm dead first night. First trial if I survive the night (because I'm mafia..)

Shouldn't mafia skip over you and have you lynched day 2? That seems an easily exploited group consensus.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Question for Mega: Is talking about how certain characters tend to play(not speculating but stuff like 'yes, Gina tends to play like XYZ') considered a spoiler if we haven't seen you note those aspects in action yet?

(I have played this to completion and am inclined to keep my mouth shut unless it's confirmed to be okay)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I’ll say it’s fine since most of it shouldn’t really affect story stuff, just don’t talk about skills we haven’t seen used yet and of course avoid more spoilery aspects of their play.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Rawkking posted:

So SQ actually has fairly high stealth, along with high charm and performance. She tends to go after people at random, which can get her shanked by the gnosia if she happens to go after one of them. We're still playing with relatively small numbers of characters at a time, so I wouldn't put too much stock in people being killed seemingly more often than others yet(barring stuff that Mega's already noted, like Raqio and Shigemichi tending to be low-hanging fruit for cold sleep targets).

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Omobono posted:

Shouldn't mafia skip over you and have you lynched day 2? That seems an easily exploited group consensus.

That has happened as well and the Mafia team was tickled pink it worked when they won that round.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

This seems cool as hell and I’m heavily debating whether I want to pick this game up.

On the one hand single player mafia sounds great since I feel like you’re more equipped to make logical decisions against AI characters, but on the other hand it sounds frustrating not being able to make persuasive arguments outside of the game mechanics. Maybe it’ll come up later, but going on a 5 minute monologue of weaving lies and assumptions near the end of a game is one of the best parts of in person mafia and it just seems like that would be lost in translation.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Donkringel posted:

This takes me back to playing it in wc3 during college. Except that meant everyone was playing under a pseudonym so the game very quickly devolved into "find and lynch James as fast as possible and THEN play a round of mafia"

Mega64
May 23, 2008

We're starting things out with a siren going off.

Music: This is a Lie

It took eight loops, but this time we're finally Gnosia.

If need be, I will absolutely throw you under the bus. So you'd do best to just keep quiet and let me do my thing, OK?

Gnosia don't have to stick with each other. Yeah, all Gnosia have the same goal, but sometimes someone gets exposed and it's better to just cut and run, plus it's easier to fit in with the humans if you're bickering with the other Gnosia.

And of course, different people play differently as Gnosia. Raqio will not hesitate to backstab other Gnosia, while Shigemichi is loyal to a fault.

Anyway, let's get started with this whole "ending the human race" thing.

Music: Suspicion

An Engineer and Guardian Angel have also been confirmed to be present. This may help us to single out the infectees.
Hey, this'll be easy!

As you're already aware, Gnosia can false-claim as Engineers. This does extend to us as well.

Round 1 - Cassidy opts not to reveal, not that they'd be allowed anyway since only one Gnosia can claim a role. I'm fine with this, I really don't like claiming roles because that's more opportunities for people to catch me lying.

Anyway, the actual Engineer is Shigemichi.

Round 2 - Setsu, Stella, and Cassidy accuse Shigemichi. Chipie and Gina (!?) defend him.

Round 3 - SQ in particular loves to try allying with people during the debates, but other characters may also try to collaborate. Chipie's not interested at this time.

Round 4 - Comet goes after Gina. SQ, Stella, and Cassidy stand up for her.

Round 5 - Cassidy targets Comet, as Comet's really good at spotting liars, so the earlier she goes the better. That said, Chipie and Stella come to her defense.

But it still works well enough to tie her with Shigemichi. On to the revote!

Round 1 - Gina doubts Comet. Chipie and Stella are still pretty loyal to her.

Round 2 - Comet of course targets Shigemichi, with assistance from Raqio. Gina, Chipie, and Cassidy jump to his defense.

I wanted to keep Shigemichi around, but honestly I probably should've targeted him over Comet. If Raqio gets exposed, that means Shigemichi's reports will start confirming people, so Gnosia should really be aiming to take out the real Engineer during the debates.

It probably didn't matter, as Comet still got two-thirds of the vote, and she's still a threat to Cassidy, so it's still a net win. Just, probably not who I should have targeted. Oh well, too late now!

We opt to visit Chipie, who's a bit hesitant about us. Understandable!

Anyway, time to do the usual.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4... 3, 2... 1...

You replied that it's exactly as Raqio says.
Alright... now let's make a decision. Which pitiful human will be the next one to be erased from this universe? And by the way, only one person can be eliminated at a time. So we have to choose carefully.

When Cassidy is Gnosia, they'll always be the one to choose who is eliminated, though sometimes the other Gnosia might give suggestions.

Shigemichi obviously cannot be eliminated, as that would expose Raqio. Thus, I opt for Setsu, as they are generally pretty sharp and have been floating under the radar this loop.

Setsu should actually be thanking us. Kindly putting an end to such a worthless life like that.

You reach out to touch Setsu's body...

Bon voyage, Setsu.

So that's the process that Gnosia eliminate people.

Warp is complete, and time seems to have started moving again.

Time to head to the main console. Gotta be careful not to be... removed.

Well, we've done our damage. It's time to get back to debating.

It feels weird when it's our fault for once.

Reports - Raqio claims SQ is Gnosia, while Shigemichi claims she's human.

Round 1 - Stella and Chipie are suspicious of us, though at least Raqio comes to our aid.

Round 2 - SQ and Stella doubt Raqio next. Maybe Setsu wasn't the best target...

Round 3 - Raqio sticks their neck out for us by defending us. Stella fights back, clearly not trusting us at this point.

Round 4 - Shigemichi goes after Stella next, with Chipie and Cassidy jumping in. Raqio decides now's a good time to defend her.

Round 5 - So Stella repays the favor by...accusing Raqio. This gets Gina suspicious of Raqio as well.

The vote ends up spread out, except for the block on Raqio. Well, looks like we're flying solo now!

...Or maybe not!

Generally, targeting someone who's targeting you is a great way to get people suspicious of you. On the other hand, Stella's also probably got the best idea of what's going on, so right now she's my biggest threat. I think if I can get SQ on my side, I might be able to get one of Gina, Chipie, or Shigemichi to join in.

...Though that's a lot harder if Stella is protected.

Reports - Stella is human. That's kinda bad, as Shigemichi was suspicious of her, so now it'll be even more difficult to flip people from her side.

Round 1 - After that last round where Gina defended Shigemichi, she remembered that this is Shigemichi we're talking about, and thus he needs to be targeted. Stella is also suspicious, but Chipie and SQ think he's fine.

Round 2 - SQ wants to collab, and with Raqio gone we could use any help we can get. As long as we're not too obvious, she should follow our lead fine enough.

Round 3 - Chipie solidly trusts Shigemichi, but Gina and Stella don't, so Cassidy jumps on the Shigemichi dogpile and also doubts him.

Round 4 - Gina doubts SQ, which sets off Shigemichi, Cassidy, and Chipie. SQ's our ally, we want her to stick around if possible!

Round 5 - Chipie still thinks Shigemichi is the best. Stella and Gina still do not trust him.

So after all of that, it's Gina that ends up going to the fridge.

At night, I visit Chipie again, who's still wary of us.

Once again, I target Stella, and once again, I was blocked. It was either her or Chipie, and Chipie's still open-minded about us while Stella is strongly against us, so I figured it was worth risking targeting her again.

Of course, it still isn't working out.

Reports - Another reason to eliminate the Engineer early. Since Shigemichi has found out that SQ, Stella, and Chipie are human, he will 100% know that Cassidy is Gnosia. Of course, that doesn't mean the others will know that, and Shigemichi's probably not sharp enough to pick up on that, but this really puts us in a bad spot.

Round 1 - SQ decides to declare her loyalty to us, but Stella and Shigemichi already know we're not to be trusted. We're going to need Chipie's help to survive this.

Round 2 - Chipie is still fully on board the Shigemichi train. Stella still doesn't trust him.

Round 3 - Next up, Shigemichi is suspicious of Stella. You know, the person he said was human a day ago. Chipie is also suspicious.

Round 4 - I decide to pounce on Shigemichi here. My thought was that Shigemichi is either the world's dumbest Engineer, or he's a bad liar who can't keep his stories straight, considering he just suspected someone he thought was human.

Since this is Shigemichi, it's obviously the former.

This backfires, hard. Chipie and even SQ jump to his aid.

Round 5 - Shigemichi now decides Stella is human after all. Chipie and even SQ agree.

Yeah, taking on Shigemichi bit me in the rear end. I should've targeted Stella, or kept my mouth shut. There's a good chance if I did either, then Chipie and SQ could've voted Stella out instead, and Cassidy could've maybe lasted one more night, though even then it would've been pretty tough to win since Shigemichi and Chipie were so close, and the Guardian Angel may have screwed me over again.

Turns out the Guardian Angel was SQ all along. Thanks!

As you saw, Cassidy accusing Shigemichi was when SQ flipped on us, and it's because she caught us lying. Collaborations aren't binding, so if you find out your partner's a Gnosia, you're more than welcome to turn on them.

Oh well, let's hope things go better this time.

Well, back to Crew again.

Like, do we really *have to* eliminate the Gnosia? They do act like humans, so couldn't we make a deal with them?
Yeah, that's a good point.
Maybe if we asked them not to get rid of us, they might actually listen...?
I've never heard of anyone making a successful "deal" with Gnosia nor Gnos itself. I doubt it would be possible.

I guess that's like, possible? Like, it might even work...

Gnosia eliminate humans. That's just what they do, and why they exist. Just like how your cats are simply cats. Or how humans are humans. Gnosia are simply Gnosia.

We don't have time for this. We need to get started...

Stella's got something to say.

You asked what an AC Follower is.

They believe that this universe is insane. But if we could be eliminated by the Gnosia, we could transfer over to the "true" universe... They disavow the laws of physics and humanity, and worship Gnos. That's basically the gist of AC Followers. Apparently they've been rapidly increasing in numbers recently.

AC Followers aren't actually Gnosia, and don't know the Gnosia, but are still on the side of the Gnosia, so they try to help the Gnosia best they can.

Of course, this usually involves attracting so much suspicion that they themselves are targeted for cold sleep, so the typical play style of this role in Werewolf is very much against the spirit of "make it to the end of the loop" that Cassidy shoots for. Thus playing AC Follower is generally pretty drat difficult as far as winning goes.

Luckily that's not our problem here, we're still just crew.

So like, Chipie is like... an AC Follower then...?
Haha, sorry to let you down. But I'm nothing that dramatic.

And I'd like everyone else to be careful, too... Any one of us could be an AC Follower.

So this game has an AC Follower. Good to know!

Round 2 - Setsu requests the Engineer, and this time we have three claims! As I said, only one Gnosia can claim Engineer, but the AC Follower can also claim Engineer! This means between Raqio, Comet, and Shigemichi, one is the actual Engineer, one is a Gnosia, and one is the AC Follower.

Round 3 - SQ and Shigemichi team up. It's so sweet.

Round 4 - Setsu decides to target SQ, but a defensive front forms with Shigemichi, Stella, and Cassidy.

Round 5 - Comet's doubting Gina, while Raqio and SQ go to her defense.

Uh, wow. Four-way tie.

Guess we'll restart.

Round 1 - Gina accuses Raqio. Nobody else chimes in.

Round 2 - Comet's still gunning for Gina, though Stella and Setsu go to her defense.

Another revote! Since the results are different, we do another debate round.

Round 1 - Setsu asks us to vote. Great use of a round!

Round 2 - SQ decides that was a Gnosia tactic and goes after Setsu, though Comet and Shigemichi think they're fine.

Finally, it's Gina who is eliminated.

Music: In the Unknown Ship

Before we get to the night phase, Setsu catches up with us to chat a bit.

So there are a few things I wanted to tell you to watch out for. If you don't need the advice, I'll let you go.

Have you seen how we've been faring so far? We need all the help we can get!

OK. First of all, it's important to avoid standing out. The more you stand out, the more likely you'll be doubted, and thus voted against. You'll also draw enemy attention, increasing your risk of elimination. Of course, simply speaking up makes you stand out. Not so much if you simply agree with someone else's opinion, though. Also, protesting or arguing too much when doubted also draws attention. Any unnatural behavior will make you stand out.

So basically, don't talk too much, don't talk too little, and make sure that Stealth stat is high.

The Engineer is an important weapon in the fight against the enemy. The Engineer can provide the crucial knowledge of who is and isn't Gnosia. But if they don't step forward, they can't share that knowledge. Engineers often refrain from stepping forward out of fear of being attacked.

And with that pep talk, we get our first new skill!

Step Forward basically asks the Engineer to claim, which also may get claims fron the Gnosia and/or AC Follower. Of course, if you do this later, the real Engineer may already be eliminated, so be aware of that.

Also, all stats have a minimum stat requirement. I'll try to aim toward getting these stats up when I can while still prioritizing the build we decided at the start of the LP.

Well... it's going to be a long fight. Let's do what we can to make it through this.

Anyway, we level up Charisma a bit so we can get closer to using our new skill, then pay a visit to SQ.

That's one of the Engineers down, meaning Shigemichi is either the actual Engineer or the AC Follower.

Reports - Raqio claims Comet is Gnosia, while Comet says Setsu is human. There's a good bit we could try to unpack here, but I don't think we'd really come away with much new information from it, so let's move on.

Be careful, Cassidy. Talking too much and keeping quiet are both dangerous. You'll draw unneeded suspicion.

Round 1 - Comet accuses Cassidy to trigger a recap on everything Setsu just explained to us a minute ago. Keep your talking balanced, and embrace Stealth.

Round 2 - Anyway, Cassidy decide to turn things on Comet instead. Stella agrees with them.

Round 3 - Setsu suspects SQ, but Stella doesn't.

Round 4 - Comet goes after Raqio next, but Setsu goes to their defense. Since Setsu's the one I currently trust the most so far, Cassidy joins Setsu in defending Raqio.

Round 5 - Stella and Comet are still doubting Raqio because, well, it's Raqio.

That said, this time it's Comet who probably spoke a little too much, and thus she gets frozen.

Another night done.

Reports - Raqio says Setsu is human. It's possible Raqio and Comet are the Gnosia and AC Follower in some order, but even so, this means the probability is high (though certainly not 100%!) that Setsu is human. Thus I decide to follow Setsu's lead for this loop. Well, until I don't. Sometimes I don't know what the hell I'm doing, as you may suspect.

Round 1 - SQ once again onces to collab with Cassidy, but this time she's turned down.

Round 2 - Raqio trusts Setsu, but SQ and Chipie aren't at this time.

Round 3 - And of course Setsu pays it right back by throwing suspicion at Raqio. Chipie is on Raqio's side here.

Round 4 - SQ is also doubting Raqio, and once again Chipie defends them. This time Cassidy joins in. For some reason I thought Raqio was probably fine, maybe?

Round 5 - Also I was apparently suspicious of SQ for some reason.

Well, the good news is I get what I want.

The bad news is I'm an idiot!

Yeah, I'm really doing poorly so far. Oh well, it's all part of the experience!

Next time, we throw in yet more new characters and roles as we get closer to the end of the "tutorial"!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Man, putting your first Gnosia round on the same side as Raqio is a dick move. Raqio is such an rear end in a top hat, no one likes them.
How much of Raqio's bloodlust there is from them being gnosia, and how much is just cause they're a dick?

That extra scene with Setsu feels kind of intimate with them looking directly at you like that. The game is doing a pretty good job at getting you to feel like the two of you are in it together, even when you're not always on the same side of the human/gnosia conflict. Kinda want to give Setsu a hug.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
How does Raqio even contribute if everyone hates them so much? They seem like such a dead weight.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 4, 2021

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
*They

Also Raqio is logical, so if you know they're human and you're human you're generally good.

They won't survive too long unless they are like un-cc'd Engineer and the Guardian angel saves them or something.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
Raqio's generally smart and I like them. Terrible at social, sure, but they're excellent at spotting inconsistencies and being the mean pressure that you need sometimes. They may have a superiority complex of sorts and have not great odds of survival, but they're my friend.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Fixed, sorry.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Raqio owns :colbert:

One of my friends described them as the ultimate mtg blue player and it's absolutely true.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

At some point they said something like "I trust X, so to change things up I've decided to start not trusting them instead :smugdog:" which is exactly how I would play mafia

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Starting a new game and going back to minimal stats like this, you really,really notice how much Charisma and Stealth and the Number 1 and 2 most important stats to improve on early. Setsu's hints of not talking to little or too much is good but as you get higher and higher up in stats you can basically bulldoze your way through any situation with no consequences, even people like Chippy and Yuriko become no problem at all.

Contrast to right now where if Mega is ever told to shut up by the others there is a very good chance they are already dead :v:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Gotta say, I'm digging this LP gimmick of not actually being good at the game

:smug:

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013
Well, this LP has convinced me to get the game, so that's a thing.

And Raqio is pretty helpful assuming you can keep them alive. Though apparently they can still be wrong despite being as logically inclined as they are. One time they were the deciding factor in not just keeping a gnosia out of cold sleep but landing them the victory. Admittedly the gnosia in that case was me, so it was appreciated, but still. But yeah, if you think they're human, keeping them around helps a good bit.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Is it me or is it hard to keep the names straight with who the characters are? I don't know why but I am just having the hardest time. I think only Raqio and Setsu are the ones I can follow so far, while I remember Cassidy is Op about 70% of the time.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Cassidy = Player
Setsu = Blondie best friend/Tutorial Mixter
Raqio = Blue-green logical rear end
Shigemichi = VERY loyal dude what looks like a 50s gray alien for unfortunate unstated reasons
Comet = Intuitive lass with a yellow-greenish cover over her red hair
Chipie = cat which is wearing a dude (can't understand how having his butt held up constantly is comfortable for him)
Stella = Green haired girl who likes the player, usually
Gina = Purple haired girl who is... eh...
SQ = Red haired girl who is pretty random
Yuriko = Girl who hates the player and wants to stomp them flat

Did I miss anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

Bought the game because of this thread. I lost on loop 2 because Gina’s “well, what if everyone ELSE is Gnosia” question made me suspicious, and lost because she actually did turn out to be the engineer in my game while Raqio was the Gnosia. That made me lol. So I guess only the first loop has a scripted result? (That being, SQ = Gnosia.)