Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

prefect posted:

i wonder how often howard has actually been near ronnie over the past year

0. They last saw each other in studio before everyone went home. Ronnie is still going to be part of the show once he moves, but curious how often he will be live given the 3 hour time difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

Bonzo posted:

Once Howard is off air I can see him buying the entire catalog and putting it in a vault like that Jerry Lewis Clown movie.
This would be hilarious. A lot of lame dated bits would suddenly be highly sought after like those lost Doctor Who episodes.

"This sketch was previously considered lost for years. But in late 2032, a boomer from Kew Gardens died and his family found a massive cassette tape collection in his attic, including one which contained the original Homocop."

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Whoarethesepodcasts just released a stern review episode. I haven't listened for a while but from the clips it sounds like there isn't much energy left in the show.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

EngineerJoe posted:

Somehow elegant Elliott often survived a global pandemic

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdFYYc3K/

I can only hope to have that much energy when I'm his age.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Evil Agita posted:

Whoarethesepodcasts just released a stern review episode. I haven't listened for a while but from the clips it sounds like there isn't much energy left in the show.

never heard of these guys but I listened to the whole Stern Revisited episode and i like the cut of their jib. thanks for the rec

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Normally when the thread hasn't moved for this long I assume that the show is on vacation, but these days its entirely plausible that its just that lame that there is nothing worth discussing.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

We've had the thread title "5 more years of complaining" for 10 years

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

beep by grandpa posted:

We've had the thread title "5 more years of complaining" for 10 years

We should change it to "5 more years of __________________________"

Choices:

Boredom
Auto pilot
Lameness

Come on people, lets have some more suggestions.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
High post count used to trigger worry that Artie finally died.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Bonzo posted:

It still would, it just never happens anymore.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

for about 4 years now i've known exactly what i'm going to post when artie dies so you guys be ready for it

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Bonzo posted:

I was wrong with my prediction of second quarter 2019.........

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

beep by grandpa posted:

for about 4 years now i've known exactly what i'm going to post when artie dies so you guys be ready for it
Waaaahhh!! I'm dead!!!

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

Waaaahhh!! I'm dead!!!

BYYYYYYE!

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Take care, comb your hair.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

go gently caress yourself...

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

Bye for now

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

"Hey, Gar it's Artie.... Look, I'm gonna have to call in dead today..."

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

It would be a good opportunity to bring roasts back to the show. They could prop Artie's corpse up in a throne in the studio, and everyone could take turns yelling gay jokes at him and stuff about his dead father.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"Hey, Gar it's Artie.... Look, I'm gonna have to call in dead today..."

I just recalled the wrap up show where Artie was singing along to Shooting Star by Bad Company and it was loving intense. He really stressed the, "Artie died one night, died in his bed" line.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I can't believe I never saw this before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvL46X6qCso

He can't even bother to correct misspellings yet he's bossing over everyone. Very white executive energy

Barreft fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 20, 2021

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Yeah it's pretty damning. This is exactly the kind of spotlight he doesn't want shined on him

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
it's gonna end bad for us Eric, we're gonna die alone in a Best Western in Milwaukee. we're going to give a hooker money for coke and she's not going to come back with the money or the coke and we're going to die

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If you need to walk to St Louis in a weekend, being dead is really great for that

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I don't know if she's on Cameo but I think I would pay to hear Natalie Maines sing, "Steve Langford has a huge penis"

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bonzo posted:

I don't know if she's on Cameo but I think I would pay to hear Natalie Maines sing, "Steve Langford has a huge penis"

"And the landslide/ pulled his pants down"

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hey bub, it's yer dad. I wanted to tell you we got the footstool you sent as a father's day present, but in the sun it melted and Pecky the Chicken ended up eating half of it and then exploded, which is when your mam noticed it said "New York Cheesecake" on the paper. Anyway, talk to you later.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Barreft posted:

He can't even bother to correct misspellings yet he's bossing over everyone. Very white executive energy

I don't know who came up with it, but it's brilliant: in the larger HSS fans/former fans circle, this is known as the "Pelican Brief"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Barreft posted:

I can't really blame him for having white executive energy. Not that I think he was necessarily exactly like this for his whole career, but it's not like the show just didn't require ANY kind of organization, no matter how loose they seemed.

That said, why the hell is he acting like literally no one has ever heard of Billy Corgan in their life?

edit: the inconsistent capitalization & spelling are pretty hosed though

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

YeahTubaMike posted:

That said, why the hell is he acting like literally no one has ever heard of Billy Corgan in their life?

Yeah, I'm a massive Pumpkins fan, and this Howard Billy poo poo is incredibly annoying.

Howard claims he showed the world the Pumpkins. What? Gish (1991) did well enough, but Siamese Dream (1993) shot them up into the rock stratosphere, which they'd top 2 years after that with MCIS.

When was Billy first on the Stern show?

Or am I forgetting something and Howard is claiming something else? I watched that video a long time ago and it was extremely cringey, I can't do it again.

Anyway, Howard's full of poo poo.

Ninja edit: aaaahahahahahhaa, ok, so he's talking about Oceania, and how that album sold because of Billy being on the show back then.

Now I sort of feel like Eric vs Steve Langford. I still think Howard is wrong, the Pumpkins have always sold relatively well after MCIS, but whatever.

I mean, how many albums does he think they would have sold if Billy had not been on the show, 0.0?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 21, 2021

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Yeah, the video really illuminates how far up his own rear end he is.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Yeah, I'm a massive Pumpkins fan, and this Howard Billy poo poo is incredibly annoying.

Howard claims he showed the world the Pumpkins. What? Gish (1991) did well enough, but Siamese Dream (1993) shot them up into the rock stratosphere, which they'd top 2 years after that with MCIS.

Or am I forgetting something and Howard is claiming something else? I watched that video a long time ago and it was extremely cringey, I can't do it again.

Howard is always full of poo poo. Nothing is funny unless he's doing it (exception: Garry Shandling), and nobody is famous unless he knows about them, and all success is based on people ripping him off or being promoted by him. He has no awareness of objective reality.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Ninja edit: aaaahahahahahhaa, ok, so he's talking about Oceania, and how that album sold because of Billy being on the show back then.

Now I sort of feel like Eric vs Steve Langford. I still think Howard is wrong, the Pumpkins have always sold relatively well after MCIS, but whatever.

I mean, how many albums does he think they would have sold if Billy had not been on the show, 0.0?

1. This video is Howard thinking that he is as relevant as he was in 1997. I'm listening to shows from then and it's during the release of Private Parts, and while those older shows are entertaining as hell, if you want to talk about a guy ten million miles up his own rear end? holy poo poo

2. Chris Cornell was like a god to me, and he calls him the guy from Soundgarden :blastu:

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
anyone feel like posting some times for the funnier parts? i can't sit through an hour of this

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

I love seeing new people discover the pelican brief. it's the ultimate what the gently caress

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

barnold posted:

I love seeing new people discover the pelican brief. it's the ultimate what the gently caress

The best thing to come out of that video is whomever named it "The Pelican Brief". It's an awful watch from any perspective, though I do turn apologist. I commonly work on a lot of popular pop culture items from corporate sources and presentations like this are not out of place. You just never want to see them in public without the context of the people trying to deliver said product.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I've done IT work for both IT and non-IT type companies since the 90s and yeah, this is typical. Reminds me of a C-level or Director that "forces" all employees to come into the breakroom and listen to some ridiculous pitch about how THEY need to do more to make HIM (or the company) more successful.

Remember that Howard went to Sirius thinking he was going to be providing input to the executives and got really cranky when that turned out to not be the case. Then he seemed to use that anger for the CBS law suit and trash talking XM.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Y'all think Robin is gay? I know this is random and there were rumors for years, but the more I think about it the more I wonder. Her younger days are sort of a weird blur, she didn't have sex (apparently) for like 7 years in the 80s, she's friends with (and didn't she take vacations with?) Martina Navratilova, she had a long term relationship with Mr. X but even that sounded like it was very weird...

I was wondering if her cancer diagnosis was going to result in some sort of revelation but it didn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
That thought has never crossed my mind, but it might explain her upcoming book: Quivers: A Lie
And if true, seeing Jim Florentine's massive balls might have helped contribute to that.