Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Has to suck being the one to send Gordon Ramsay's daughter a bad dish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I was cheering on the lad from KY, but good grief did he not measure up...

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You know the wait staff gave her the lovely one on purpose. :getin:

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

It's hard to imagine any of the guys winning this season. I guess Steve hasn't had any major gently caress ups but he's also been pretty much invisible during all of the dinner services and doesn't get a lot of talking head segments.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

J-Spot posted:

It's hard to imagine any of the guys winning this season. I guess Steve hasn't had any major gently caress ups but he's also been pretty much invisible during all of the dinner services and doesn't get a lot of talking head segments.

Ehhhh, I find it's really hard to tell until they whittle it down more. The editors effectively invent each episode, so you're never getting a true representation of each contestant.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Steve has more talking heads than his red team counterpart, Megan.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I was cheering on the lad from KY, but good grief did he not measure up...

You know the wait staff gave her the lovely one on purpose. :getin:

I love it when even Marino gets salty; "Take it back to the drawing board."

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Davros1 posted:

I love it when even Marino gets salty; "Take it back to the drawing board."

My favorite part was when Megan kind of shrugs it off like "it's kind of bland..." and Marino takes it to the kitchen and turns up his nose like ~Megan says this is horrible...just bland and nothing like the one earlier!~
:bravo:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Guess this was probably the filming cut with Masterchef with Mary Jayne suddenly being dropped from the competition for illness...

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
LOL @ Kevin. Was he stoned the entire time?

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Joe, “This dish only takes three ingredients to make.” Proceeds to make pasta and use another 6 different ingredients. Honestly, this episode showed that, once again, Joe is, and should be, easily replaceable.

And then Nancy even says that Joe should just stick to making wine.

So what I’m saying is, is that Joe sucks.

Kwatz fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jul 15, 2021

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Kwatz posted:

Joe, “This dish only takes three ingredients to make.” Proceeds to make pasta and use another 6 different ingredients. Honestly, this episode showed that, once again, Joe is, and should be, easily replaceable.

And then Nancy even says that Joe should just stick to making wine.

He really is a piece of poo poo. All of his "this really doesn't measure up to this level of the competition" doesn't mean much to me when Joe is one of the people who decides which people get to ~this level~ of the competition...
:jerkbag:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He is a “restaurateur.” I’d like to see him be a line cook.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Invalid Validation posted:

He is a “restaurateur.” I’d like to see him be a line cook.

Pffft, even that is generous: I’d like to see him walk us through his P&L... :nallears:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

He is a “restaurateur.”

Remember that Bastianich only "owns" his restaurants because his mother is loaded and fronts all the money.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m sure if you looked into it he pretends he bootstrapped his way there too.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

I’m sure if you looked into it he pretends he bootstrapped his way there too.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I remember him doing this during his days on Restaurant Startup. But that show was completely forgettable and I don’t remember almost anything from it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Keanu getting cut on a cook like that is pretty sad. She seemed to really start coming into her own.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I will just say that Keanu's elimination was kinda BS and so was Tay's on MC Legends (Jonathan Waxman was decent though, I actually haven't minded any of the guest hosts this season save Paula Deen)

Cyril Sneer posted:

LOL @ Kevin. Was he stoned the entire time?
It felt like there were drugs involved for the first few eliminations/services tbh

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Guess this was probably the filming cut with Masterchef with Mary Jayne suddenly being dropped from the competition for illness...
Coronavirus??? :ohdear:

Kwatz posted:

Somewhat agree, he's the heel to the other two judges, definitely bad vibes but kinda indispensable. Christina had a bad aura also but without the redeeming humour so not as enjoyable to watch. Aron is a decent Graham substitute though. Graham's utility as and likely enjoyment of being a judge diminished somewhat after his surgery.

Stoked for these to come back next week after the dumb olympics are finally wrapped up

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

J-Spot posted:

Not sure if that's really a good metric on who is going to win the season. I've been rewatching season 10, and Christina is basically invisible until the final 12 or so... Some of the good chefs are good in a way there just isn't much content to air when compared to the people that send up raw fish over and over.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Man I'm so glad Josie is gone. She has that weird way of talking that I've noticed in a lot of other reality tv stars where there's no intonation, or emotion, in her voice at all. I find it super annoying to listen to.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Cyril Sneer posted:

Man I'm so glad Josie is gone. She has that weird way of talking that I've noticed in a lot of other reality tv stars where there's no intonation, or emotion, in her voice at all. I find it super annoying to listen to.

Yeah, not sad to see her go at all. Reminds me of people I’ve worked with in different industries that have just enough technical skill to perform a task but way too much technical knowledge about the task. Usually ends just like Josie where they can’t cut it when it comes down to it and they flame out.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

I was scared Steve was going to go home, glad it was Josie instead

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Josie was terrible! Makes sense that she's finally gone.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

oshuaj posted:

I was scared Steve was going to go home, glad it was Josie instead

Steve's "Why I should stay in HK" speech was probably the best ever

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I got a good laugh when poor Sam was trying so hard to live up to his vow not to throw anyone under the bus and then Antonio doesn’t waste half a second.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

J-Spot posted:

I got a good laugh when poor Sam was trying so hard to live up to his vow not to throw anyone under the bus and then Antonio doesn’t waste half a second.

My laugh out loud moment was Dick Whiskey.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Joseph got sunk by the lady who should’ve gone home already and who ends up going home the following episode anyway.

Justice 4 Joseph

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Definitely bullshit to get put into pairs for a challenge and then have only 1 person from the losing pair go home. Should have been another cook between the bottom 4....

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Yeah it’s pretty bullshit that the screaming hell demon didn’t do home in that challenge too. Joseph should’ve stepped up but it’s a team challenge. Glad that Anne is gone tho

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Endless Trash posted:

Joseph got sunk by the lady who should’ve gone home already and who ends up going home the following episode anyway.

Justice 4 Joseph

i get not wanting to risk doing crepes with someone who'd never done them. -but man he should've come up with another dish over her overly complicated mess, at least that's what her dish sounded like to me in a challenge where you needed to be identical.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Chef Ramsay decided to not gently caress around with the black jackets and take out 2 of the good chefs right away... :D

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
:confused: or is that :thejoke:

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Sad to see Michael go, but that’s what serving raw chicken will do. I’ve actually liked this seasons format change, even if it was due to COVID. Far less of the usual challenge junk and more cooking.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kwatz posted:

Sad to see Michael go, but that’s what serving raw chicken will do. I’ve actually liked this seasons format change, even if it was due to COVID. Far less of the usual challenge junk and more cooking.

No way, it's terrible. And the 1st part of the season was even before they had to stop production for Covid. Not sure where the split was for the season. It's either when Mary Jane dropped out for illness or when Autumn? came in with a busted leg...

The 1st half of the season at least, the entire episode is dedicated to a single cook... and then they only taste their top 3 and bottom 3 as a completed dish... It's just a lovely Top Chef without the crazy team and ingredient type challenges.

bigE
Nov 26, 2004

Oh, ye of little faith.
It was apparently between Episodes 10 & 11. (When Autumn came back with the broken foot and almost no accent.)

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Kwatz posted:

screaming hell demon

lol

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Steve’s elimination was bullshit imo :mad:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Has anyone else noticed an insane amount of ADR on Masterchef this season? And often it's Ramsey clarifying the rules to a challenge when the edit shows someone failing it.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Steve’s elimination was bullshit imo :mad:

Ramsay was certainly torn up by it.

But one person had an internal problem and solved it themselves, the other person asked Ramsay to solve it for them. Steve went genuine when he should have faked confidence.
:shrug:

I did think he was going to the finale...he just exuded professionalism on camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bummer to see Brynn go. She certainly wasn't winning but she seemed more prepared for a head chef role than Kiya is, which is to say neither of them are at all.

But it was also nice to see someone with pretty crippling anxiety trying to normalize that conversation on TV

Go Megan I guess, Trenton is too much of a fucker to root for
It should've been Steve though. Calm chefs seem cool