Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Yeah but he's big.

I'm honestly surprised he's back in the league, I figured he was done when he got traded for John Scott.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eric the Mauve posted:

I don't think Miller is the kind of skater the Penguins need but I'll watch the Sabres-Rangers game tomorrow with an eye on him and report back. I Am Not A Scout of course so take my evaluations for whatever modicum you think they're worth. FWIW though his cap hit is almost $4M so the Penguins would have to unload Kap or Zucker or Rust before they could entertain the thought of trading for him, and no way in hell will the Sabres retain salary without getting picks back that the Penguins should not part with.

Extremely same and agreed. It's mostly a situation of 'Wow right sided defensemen potentially available with any offensive upside are dire and non-existent'. Cap implications and what it would take to pull any of this off I really would rather not ponder.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Gonna make Tom Wilson think twice about trying any funny stuff when he’s deployed against the 1st line in Washington though

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Extremely same and agreed. It's mostly a situation of 'Wow right sided defensemen potentially available with any offensive upside are dire and non-existent'. Cap implications and what it would take to pull any of this off I really would rather not ponder.

Yeah and the other problem is that if he's really the only RD rental on the market the price someone will end up paying will end up being ridiculous. All it takes is two teams deciding they've gotta have a RD and bammo, there are 58 new posts in here of "They got a first rounder for six weeks of Colin Miller? What the gently caress??"

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1462595545659236355

gg Buffalo

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

computer enhance

how the gently caress does he time this perfectly with 4s left to set up the winning goal:

https://twitter.com/RangersMSGN/status/1462595957888110593?s=20

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah and the other problem is that if he's really the only RD rental on the market the price someone will end up paying will end up being ridiculous. All it takes is two teams deciding they've gotta have a RD and bammo, there are 58 new posts in here of "They got a first rounder for six weeks of Colin Miller? What the gently caress??"

That's why I figure you either do it as soon as possible and if it doesn't work out flip him again later at the deadline if you can or you're basically sitting pat on the RD outside of something more intricate which I'm not wasting the time and effort on any of that.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

big awooga energy about adam fox

he's actually broken it

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/CapitalsPR/status/1462593932315955205?s=20

They must’ve rushed him back…

:smith:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

he's actually broken it

Thread title please

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Fire Blaine Forscythe

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I’d like to retract my previous admonishment of the Sabres after watching half the Isles AHL team just straight up fail to play hockey, resulting in a Joseph Woll shutout.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Why did the NHL postpone Ottawa games due to a covid outbreak but is making the Isles play through theirs?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Flames look good this year. Helps we finally have a coach that has them working with a system and it’s doing something.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Furnaceface posted:

Why did the NHL postpone Ottawa games due to a covid outbreak but is making the Isles play through theirs?

Not enough Covid

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

lmbo ty for the new AV

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

lmbo ty for the new AV

had to do something but didn't wanna change my Kaapo now that (Morpheus voice) he's starting to believe

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/MrBooth07/status/1462626374082973702?t=IlSZ3cgDNQGWSknE3gzz5g&s=19

This did not result in a goal

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Someone from CAS needs that as an av since its basically their season so far encapsulated in a single gif.

techno allah
Sep 29, 2005

Koopa Kid posted:

I’d like to retract my previous admonishment of the Sabres after watching half the Isles AHL team just straight up fail to play hockey, resulting in a Joseph Woll shutout.

Aaron Dell season stats - 2 games started - 2 last second goals given up

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Difference in gov't policy, maybe

Krime posted:

GMs are really dumb. Someone out there would trade for him.

I've learned that GM's often crystallize their idea of a player, so if a guy has had a good year in the past 3 seasons, especially if they won a cup, SOMEONE is taking their deal on

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

It's so cute that he plays with a mini stick.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Caps were due to lay a stinker, at least Ovi scored. Final game of a long road trip. Second of a back to back. Flush it and move on.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Cartoon Man posted:

Caps were due to lay a stinker, at least Ovi scored. Final game of a long road trip. Second of a back to back. Flush it and move on.

They were just doing their old buddy Grubs a solid with a W. Obviously part of the agreement included an Ovi goal.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Cartoon Man posted:

Final game of a long road trip. Second of a back to back.

Flames have something to say about this.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Mangiapane's stat line is absurd... 15 goals, 2 assists... scoring on a third of all shots taken. Batting around .300, pretty drat good baseball numbers combined with his fielding percentage he's probably going to get paid.

So team save percentage approaching 96%, top line hasn't given up a goal 5v5 yet, new Backlund 2nd line has the fanciest of stats... 7 shutouts in 19 games is a modern day record.

.... when it all comes crashing down it's really going to be crushing.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Misanthrope posted:

Mangiapane's stat line is absurd... 15 goals, 2 assists... scoring on a third of all shots taken. Batting around .300, pretty drat good baseball numbers combined with his fielding percentage he's probably going to get paid.

So team save percentage approaching 96%, top line hasn't given up a goal 5v5 yet, new Backlund 2nd line has the fanciest of stats... 7 shutouts in 19 games is a modern day record.

.... when it all comes crashing down it's really going to be crushing.

lalalalalalala never gonna crash

just kidding I know better than to be hopeful by now

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

Furnaceface posted:

Ottawa had to play through theirs for quite a while. They were only shut down after their 10th player tested positive, 10 days after the outbreak started. Their last 3 games before the shutdown, they played while short 8-10 players. I think the rationale was that the 10th player (Batherson) couldn't be connected to an earlier exposure, so there was a risk it was still spreading in the team.

e: Still amazed that nobody on the Pens got it after this guy tested positive the day after this game:

https://twitter.com/Capital_Gains65/status/1458460485398016006

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

mennoknight posted:

lalalalalalala never gonna crash

just kidding I know better than to be hopeful by now

Trust in Darryl

e: starting to think that 3-year contract for Nemeth wasn’t very good and neither is Drury

https://twitter.com/travisyost/status/1462841930727915524?s=21

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 22, 2021

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Nemeth was a decent defensive guy before so either he's underperforming and maybe we can hope for a bounceback or something about his previous stats was hiding deficiencies

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Levitate posted:

Nemeth was a decent defensive guy before so either he's underperforming and maybe we can hope for a bounceback or something about his previous stats was hiding deficiencies

I'm sure being chained to a rookie and Tinordi doesn't help.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm sure being chained to a rookie and Tinordi doesn't help.

Super quick glance Tinordi and Nils both have significantly better numbers (still very very bad numbers mind) away from Nemeth than with him. Nemeth's actual results match up reasonably well with his expecteds. 32% (7 for 15 against) vs 37% expected splits. Tinordi actually drags Nemeth up a bit but has really awful actual outcomes (0 for 5 against all of which with Nemeth at his side). Quite shocking. Trouba sinks like a stone next to Pat. Nemeth's numbers are almost Jack Johnson bad tbh. Probably don't him in the line up. The Rangers other options also appear to be quite bad.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Aye Doc posted:

it took him 3 years to recover from the pain of living in ohio

proof:
then:
now:

So did Tennessee inspire him to look like his vision of the image of the next great Nashville Recording Artist, Jesus, a bum panhandling on Broadway, or someone who must stay at least 100 yards away from the nearest school? What's he going for here?

e- God drat, 17GP, 12-7-19, he really DID make a comeback. Good on him.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 22, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's Nashville so probably the 3rd one.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Super quick glance Tinordi and Nils both have significantly better numbers (still very very bad numbers mind) away from Nemeth than with him. Nemeth's actual results match up reasonably well with his expecteds. 32% (7 for 15 against) vs 37% expected splits. Tinordi actually drags Nemeth up a bit but has really awful actual outcomes (0 for 5 against all of which with Nemeth at his side). Quite shocking. Trouba sinks like a stone next to Pat. Nemeth's numbers are almost Jack Johnson bad tbh. Probably don't him in the line up. The Rangers other options also appear to be quite bad.

Nemeth seems like the dude that's always being walked when the Rangers are on the wrong side of a highlight clip. He was on that first big McDavid goal this year and then another that I am forgetting.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

For what it's worth, Duchene has still been a hugely positive contributor event-wise even during his nashville days (in fact more so than earlier in his career)
Part of it has to be just... the rest of that team smothering the hell out of offensive players and last year he did have a PDO of 94 so there's something afoot

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Chad Sexington posted:

Nemeth seems like the dude that's always being walked when the Rangers are on the wrong side of a highlight clip. He was on that first big McDavid goal this year and then another that I am forgetting.

It was the Tkachuk between the legs shot. Nemeth was covering Tkachuk who was crashing towards the net, switched to backchecking the Flames guy who was at the halfboards with the puck, leaving Tkachuk open right in front of the net, and then failed to block the passing lane, giving Tkachuk a wide open net to shoot at.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I've been reading in here about how bad Zdeno Chara sucks now, and been thinking to myself "sure he can't move at all anymore but he's probably not THAT bad, being able to stand still and reach halfway across the ice will always have its uses." So I watched him every second I could see him in last night's game, and let me tell you, Isles fans: you were right. He really sucks.

It's weird, it's like it's not just that his body is moving in slow motion these days, it's like his mind is too. He reacts to everything a split second late, and mostly all he does on offense is nothing, and all he does on defense is screen his own goalie. He's actually worse than you guys have been letting on. He's worse than Matheson and that is really saying something.

So the Islanders are probably in the same situation as the Avs with JMFJ, they'll go on a tear as soon as they give up and release the useless old defenseman who should have retired three years ago and basically puts them down 5-on-4 whenever he's on the ice. Except in the Isles' case they're in the Metro so they should probably do that pretty soon or the playoffs might sneak out of their reach.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 22, 2021

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Nemeth sucked in his return for the Avs, and was the single cause of several key goals against in the playoffs. I celebrated when I heard he left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

The isles also have 7 people in covid protocol, including a brand new positive last night, their second best defenseman is out 6 weeks (with their best one also having covid) and now their hottest player and 2c Brock Nelson might also be out long term with a lower body injury. They started the year with the longest road trip in nhl history and as soon as they come home half of their lineup is out.

I have no idea why they're still being forced to play their games, but they're pretty much screwed if they have to keep this up