Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
why the hell is dame still in Portland then lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Just goes to show that no player should ever show any loyalty to an org or city, that loyalty never goes both ways.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

skipmyseashells posted:

why the hell is dame still in Portland then lol

morestuff posted:

• "Lillard wants a two-year, $107 million extension in July…beyond his $48.8 million in 2024-2025 to pay him $51 million at 35 years old and $55 million at 36 years old"

The money, honey.

Good for Dame. Give loyalty, get loyalty.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

What do we gotta do to move Tobias for Sabonis? Tobi can drive a tank.

Yes he’s not really an upgrade at this point but who else is going to take Tobias?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Carlosologist posted:

Does Chicago need help at 4 & 5? I can totally see them trying to swing for the fences with Sabonis

They do, but I don’t think you can play Sabonis/Vucevic together and they probably need a floor spacer at the 4 to give DeRozan room to operate inside. In theory it would be nice to upgrade from Vucevic to a younger talented center but that’s not gonna happen in real life

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Pacers get Wall and picks
Blazers get Turner and TJ Warren (or a piece of paper that says TJ Warren)
Mavs get CJ
Rockets get LaVert and Porzingis and whatever second-rounders are left over

There, I did it, I fixed the NBA

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

OzFactor posted:

Pacers get Wall and picks
Blazers get Turner and TJ Warren (or a piece of paper that says TJ Warren)
Mavs get CJ
Rockets get LaVert and Porzingis and whatever second-rounders are left over

There, I did it, I fixed the NBA

lol this makes the Mavs worse.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1468289269580111872?t=IhPGs5vXU38PHgf9P7-VAQ&s=19

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

i love to see bench players supporting one another

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Operation DNP-ULTRA omg lmao

Holy lmao

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

Maybe, but with probably an easier pathway to get better.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I've been a fan of some adjusted variant of CJ/Nurk/* for Turner/Warren/Lamb for a while

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

rivetz posted:

I've been a fan of some adjusted variant of CJ/Nurk/* for Turner/Warren/Lamb for a while

If the Pacers are looking to rebuild they'd probably want some guys under 30

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Operation DNP-ULTRA omg lmao

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Spacebump posted:

I admit to not having watched them much at all this season and am still operating on the assumption that KP is a continued disappointment and the constant hum of "they need a secondary creator" that seems stuck to them in the Luka era. Is KP playing better?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
All these leaks make sense. So Portland is/was basically Exit Planning Dame to avoid the supermax.

Athanatos posted:

This time attendance is actually down so there may be some movement. Pacers have been happy to be middle of the road "make the playoffs" as a successful season metric for a long time...but now that attendance is dipping, they can take the rebuild years.

There are going to be some very happy teams with Sabonis and Turner. Maybe Turner gets to be on an All-Defense team when people watch him play for a non-Indiana team.

Well that makes sense to me. If attendance is down, might as well rebuild. Indiana has the bones of a solid roster, that's going to change several teams' fortunes maybe if it happens in-season.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

When KP is playing he's good. When he's playing

CJ might be overcooked steak at this point but that overcooked steak will always be there for you

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/drguru_/status/1468078627120111624?s=21
man has been jubilant

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

OzFactor posted:

I admit to not having watched them much at all this season and am still operating on the assumption that KP is a continued disappointment and the constant hum of "they need a secondary creator" that seems stuck to them in the Luka era. Is KP playing better?

When KP is playing, outside the first few games, he has been the second best Maverick. The only big men that tend to do much good for the Mavs are KP, Maxi, and Boban. Losing KP for CJ would mean their big rotation is Powell/Maxi/some Finney-Smith minutes and occasionally Boban/Moses Brown.

This would be a disaster. When Moses Brown gets minutes, he constantly looks lost on the floor. Dwight Powell is mostly a turnstile who makes hustle plays. Boban can't play that many minutes. Finney-Smith isn't really a big. Maxi wouldn't be a bad starter but he isn't good enough to be a team's best big.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Listened to The Lowe Post today and apparently Luka came into camp at 260lbs

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

OzFactor posted:

CJ is not a secondary creator.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

All these leaks make sense. So Portland is/was basically Exit Planning Dame to avoid the supermax.

Well that makes sense to me. If attendance is down, might as well rebuild. Indiana has the bones of a solid roster, that's going to change several teams' fortunes maybe if it happens in-season.

He has made it easy by playing like poo poo. Time for Portland rebuild.

Also nobody go back a month to find people defending enes kanter

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Spacebump posted:

Take PorzingisDwight Powell, Carlisle loves that guy

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Listened to The Lowe Post today and apparently Luka came into camp at 260lbs

He's going to come into next season out of shape too because the Basketball World Cup and him taking time off after it.

I think he has had one normal offseason since joining the NBA.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

It really feels like he gains weight anytime he goes back to Slovenia

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
You try turning down veal and buckwheat dumplings

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I wanna watch a cooking show with Luca and Zion where they are visibly doughier every episode.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i would like to formally apologize for ever implying kanter might not be a cia plant

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Declan MacManus posted:

i would like to formally apologize for ever implying kanter might not be a cia plant

Samesies

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1468340228435767297

:hmmyes:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

When he’s right he’s right

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

this one is incredible

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Three point plan for the Lakers to defeat ISIS

1. Defeat ISIS in home games

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Magic is undefeated

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Declan MacManus posted:

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
kanter was just so obvious from the start, can’t wait until he’s out of the league in 2 years doing podcasts with Ben sharpino

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's no surprise that Enes Freedom dialed this up as the Ghislaine Maxwell trial was beginning? Was he a part of a backroom deal for immunity? Check the flight logs. 👁👁

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1468324397073063939

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I've been saying both these things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

xbilkis posted:

They do, but I don’t think you can play Sabonis/Vucevic together and they probably need a floor spacer at the 4 to give DeRozan room to operate inside. In theory it would be nice to upgrade from Vucevic to a younger talented center but that’s not gonna happen in real life

is vuce just not the focal point the way he was elsewhere? his numbers are kind of disappointing so far