Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Xabi posted:

Der Spiegel pulling the strings again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
I talked to Jesse lingards brother after the game and I’m sure he won’t mind me saying, he thinks man utd’s fans can gently caress off

https://twitter.com/sporf/status/1521447932502937600?s=21&t=aQopwHZfYlBMUdPx3pGgAw

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
I’m the posters saying pulisic “could reach champions league starter level” and comparing his stats to a Liverpool B team player who only plays carabao cup the next season after he won the champions league starting the games

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

EC10 posted:

I’m the posters saying pulisic “could reach champions league starter level” and comparing his stats to a Liverpool B team player who only plays carabao cup the next season after he won the champions league starting the games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y6zdAbN9o8

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Could be worse, as least he hasn't been as big of a flop as Pookaku or Werner

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
I'm guessing Pulisic will look decent when he gets a run of matches, but also lol at American fans conveniently forgetting about stats for several months so they could claim he deserved Mount's place in the team

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

After Lingard went to West Ham and tore poo poo up, it feels like maybe he was a little disrespected by known small time club Manc U??

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

bewbies posted:

Chelsea definitely paid a premium for his age, assuming he continued to develop. he's obviously either plateaued or pegged out talent wise, so that buy doesn't look particularly great.

Tbf he’s only 23, so there’s still room for improvement, but Chelsea probably wasn’t the best place for him to develop given all the players in and around his position.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the new clint dempsey, give him the mic and let him spit rhymes

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

blue footed boobie posted:

Tbf he’s only 23, so there’s still room for improvement, but Chelsea probably wasn’t the best place for him to develop given all the players in and around his position.

He's also not fast, which means he's got to be completely locked in (or playing third fiddle to Kane and Son) to be truly effective as a modern wing forward, and he can't really beat out Mount or Havertz for a central spot.

tilp
Apr 7, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

Yes. Is this even a serious question?

He's a five tool player

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Done my advanced run in maths this morning and have Burnley on 41 points, Everton on 40 and Leeds on 38. If they can get anything against arsenal or Chelsea then maybe but not likely. Prem's poo poo anyway

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

Done my advanced run in maths this morning and have Burnley on 41 points, Everton on 40 and Leeds on 38. If they can get anything against arsenal or Chelsea then maybe but not likely. Prem's poo poo anyway

should never have sacked bielsa imo

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
He just needed time

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Lingard didn't receive an Old Trafford send off because he's getting a new contract for 4 more years at his boyhood club, baby.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/iPaperSport/status/1521784374601175041?s=20&t=Gb_04NakmBEeax98iY691g

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
30 point deduction imo. Fan safety comes first

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1521776692573917184

Burnley are apparently looking to do a Leeds. Gotta love leveraged buyouts.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

We’re gonna buy a club and make them pay for it

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
The PL/FA really need to do more to keep bad owners out of football.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Sounds like a 30 point deduction for Burnley as well I fear. Sad to see

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

tetsuo posted:

The PL/FA really need to do more to keep bad owners out of football.
”you can’t buy the club unless you have the money for it” seems like it would be not that hard to enforce but im just a simple lad who doesn’t know very much about big business

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

”you can’t buy the club unless you have the money for it” seems like it would be not that hard to enforce but im just a simple lad who doesn’t know very much about big business

Nah you see leveraged buyouts are actually very good, because

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Just make it so you have to pay in cash

Preferably in a large briefcase or treasure chest.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

Chelsea owe Leeds a win too to even out their performance at the weekend.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Just make it so you have to pay in cash

Preferably in a large briefcase or treasure chest.
imagine if roman abramovich had to personally hand ken bates a giant novelty cheque for the cameras, phwoar

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
what I've been doing on my lunch . A respectable 66, missed on Zola (ffs), Siewert, Gracia, Pellegrino, Pepe Mel, Zajec (who) and Xisco.

Nearly got all the 9000 Watford managers though

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

jesus WEP posted:

TheRat posted:

Nah you see leveraged buyouts are actually very good, because

LBOs are a scourge that should have disappeared with the 1980s, but western business practices are so tied around tactical use of debt that I don't think you could ever eradicate from business as a whole. It's really not good for any European soccer club though.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

what I've been doing on my lunch . A respectable 66, missed on Zola (ffs), Siewert, Gracia, Pellegrino, Pepe Mel, Zajec (who) and Xisco.

racistly typing all the Spanish sounding names i can think of to see if i can hit a few of these Watford ones

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

60 for me,Karanka, Lombardo, Lage, Carvalhal, Wagner, Guidolin, Juande Ramos, Marco Silva, Sanchez Flores, Meulensteen, Jokanovic, Zajec, Mazzarri, also had to google spellings for a couple of them because i am not smart

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

TheRat posted:

Jesus Christ. RIP Burnley and gently caress their owners

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

TheRat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhU7Fgw5PmI

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We had around £60m falling due within 3 year when we went down (all future payments for poo poo players we'd bought, not financial funny business from our American owners). It's survivable if you sell everything not nailed down that first summer and have £40m worth of academy players ready to go.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

sassassin posted:

We had around £60m falling due within 3 year when we went down (all future payments for poo poo players we'd bought, not financial funny business from our American owners). It's survivable if you sell everything not nailed down that first summer and have £40m worth of academy players ready to go.

You seemed to be run so well and then hit some massive wall. Was that on Laudrup or some board personnel switch?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eric Cantonese posted:

You seemed to be run so well and then hit some massive wall. Was that on Laudrup or some board personnel switch?

Things just snowballed over time. Expenses grew with every season we were in the PL (highest % of income spent on wages in the league when we went down), and even though the TV money was shooting up at the same time the owners didn't have the resources to maintain cashflow for a business that large. Every time a player would be sold the future payments would be cashed in to pay the weekly/monthly bills. Same thing with the TV money most seasons; it's usually paid out gradually over the season but we'd have to give up a % for Barclays to pay everything in advance. And then we'd spend it on players, with those deals being structured over 3-4 years.

It was kicking increasingly large cans down the road and hoping the assets would be there to pay for it all when needed. The summer before relegation we sold a pedo, Llorente for a then-world record fee for a player his age, and Jack Cork, and that would have paid for all and then some. but then in came Clucas, Roque Mesa, Bony returned (took home £90k/week in the Championship) and in January Andre Ayew (£80k/week in the Championship, plus bonuses, for two whole seasons). And £8m for Renato Sanches on loan.

Former chairman Huw Jenkins went a bit mad with spending as soon as he'd cashed out most of his shares and become a literal multi-millionaire rather than just an on-paper multi-millionaire whose fortune could disappear after one bad season. The Americans in charge now were a bit naive more than anything, it's hard to fault anything they've done since relegation. Fans despise them because they expect us to keep buying £5-10m players and not need to sell our best to make ends meet. Show some ambition! Speculate to accumulate! Even pundits (like dipshit Iwan Roberts) think the evil Yanks are stealing money from the football club, but there's nothing to steal.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/MarkKleinmanSky/status/1522503765420617728

Now that's loving funny

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Me dividends!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Burnley's finances in such a good position they're taking out a loan now because half the chris wood transfer fee isn't until next year

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1522444673415098370?s=20&t=Od9RQvLQvxcQf7bQG_92Dg

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Jose posted:

Burnley's finances in such a good position they're taking out a loan now because half the chris wood transfer fee isn't until next year

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1522444673415098370?s=20&t=Od9RQvLQvxcQf7bQG_92Dg

no worries it's all good, source:

https://twitter.com/resurge19/status/1522518659872215040?s=21&t=IFfT70rHhTabXYyI24-Dcg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Imagine being so poo poo at managing your finances that you can be in the premier league, the league with unlimited, endless money, and still run out of money