Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
What do you mean "in front of" City doesn't put anyone in front of its 6 man midfield :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Welcome to the apocalypse, friendo

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
He’s gonna look like Gandalf in front of the hobbits

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Total Meatlove posted:

He’s gonna look like Gandalf in front of the hobbits

The Fellowship of Erling

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Personally I am ready to welcome the death of football

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
Leeds United manager Jesse Marsch wants his struggling side to take inspiration from the likes of Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa and Muhammad Ali in their attempt to avoid relegation from the Premier League.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Truly the whole human race is richer for having borne witness to Gandhi's courageous and heroic struggle against relegation from the Premier League

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Leeds United manager Jesse Marsch says his embattled side should take inspiration from former German Chancellor Adolf Hitler and his refusal to accept defeat in the face of overwhelming odds and universal international condemnation

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

Truly the whole human race is richer for having borne witness to Gandhi's courageous and heroic struggle against relegation from the Premier League
To be fair Gandhi was assassinated shortly after World War II and that's kind of like being relegated from life.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

EC10 posted:

Leeds United manager Jesse Marsch wants his struggling side to take inspiration from the likes of Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa and Muhammad Ali in their attempt to avoid relegation from the Premier League.

Conveniently there is a documentary out, about what a monster Mother Teresa was.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Quit India Movement leader Mahatma Gandhi wants his struggling country to take inspiration from the likes of Jesse Marsch, Sam Allardyce, and Tony Pulis in their attempt to achieve independence from the British Empire.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

The only question mark over Haaland is his injury record and it's a weighty one considering City's calendar and the absolute cloggers that'll get one or two good hits on him in the Prem every match.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
I had a joke about how Halaand under Pep could go as well as Ibrahimovic at Barca, but then I remembered that Barca still won a ton of stuff that year. This blows.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
what if ivan drago was made to play jazz???

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Crazy Ted posted:

To be fair Gandhi was assassinated shortly after World War II and that's kind of like being relegated from life.

Depends on what you come back as, could be relegation or promotion.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Backdoor Delivery posted:

:golfclap:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Backdoor Delivery posted:

Let's see, Gandhi died on Jan 30th 1948...

Bad news, on round 2, he went on to write "It's Raining Men"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Jabara

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

sprotto posted:

Leeds United manager Jesse Marsch says his embattled side should take inspiration from former German Chancellor Adolf Hitler and his refusal to accept defeat in the face of overwhelming odds and universal international condemnation

Now I want a relegation-themed Downfall edit

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mark Noble very emotional farewell speech https://streamable.com/xaqto7

"I've been at this club longer than I haven't if you know what I mean"

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Eric Cantonese posted:

I had a joke about how Halaand under Pep could go as well as Ibrahimovic at Barca, but then I remembered that Barca still won a ton of stuff that year. This blows.

that situation crossed my mind immediately, trying to add in a prime striker on top of the Pep formula, but then he also got a lot of out Lewandowski at Bayern so, it's possible he knows more now than before...

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

harperdc posted:

he also got a lot of out Lewandowski at Bayern

Didn't get a CL out of him lol

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

brocked posted:

Now I want a relegation-themed Downfall edit

There was one for newcastle but it seems to have jinxed the whole situation

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
If Haaland can avoid getting injured all the time he'll be amazing at City. He's very good technically so his bulk and strength are just an added bonus and it's not like he's some dumb ox who can't make a short pass. Really does remind me of Ibra in terms of play style.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

He's also absurdly fast, even if his size/style makes him look a bit slow.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

This is peak Pep, he's ready to play Haaland in the midfield already https://twitter.com/Jack_Gaughan/status/1524509389700358147?t=ZCKhUQy6i09RNZYw2clCrw&s=19

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

pik_d posted:

This is peak Pep, he's ready to play Haaland in the midfield already https://twitter.com/Jack_Gaughan/status/1524509389700358147?t=ZCKhUQy6i09RNZYw2clCrw&s=19
Erling Haaland: Manchester City's revolutionary Libero

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

pik_d posted:

I know we love to joke about Pep overthinking things, but I'm sure this is more about getting Haaland to improve in his contribution to build-up play, which every striker could stand to do.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
That read to me more like "all the pressure of scoring goals is not on Haaland, we have other people who can score goals." Basically covering Haaland if he doesn't start blasting them in right out of the gate.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
just pay whatever science needs to clone pele and play him off the bench, problem solved

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61407180

i don't know what's funnier, that someone typed the words "not inconceivable" in that article, or the idea of it actually happening and then going to pens.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Vinestalk posted:

That read to me more like "all the pressure of scoring goals is not on Haaland, we have other people who can score goals." Basically covering Haaland if he doesn't start blasting them in right out of the gate.

The read to me is that Haaland will not be a striker at City because City does not use strikers

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Does anyone know if there's any internet radio stations that I can listen to PL games live in the US?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

pik_d posted:

Does anyone know if there's any internet radio stations that I can listen to PL games live in the US?

The BBC world service often has the major weekend games on.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

And I think talksport have the ones BBC dont?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Cool, looks like it's on talksport today for the NLD. Thanks posting friends.

Edit: Maybe not, I don't see it on either schedule. Talksport just had "updates from the game"

pik_d fucked around with this message at 12:31 on May 12, 2022

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
thanks to a certain liverpool supporting former SA admin its now sexual harassment to make fun of pep for being bald

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/05/12/calling-men-bald-sexual-harassment-judge-rules/

quote:

Calling a man "bald" is sexual harassment, a panel of balding judges has ruled.

Hair loss is much more prevalent among men than women, so using it to describe someone is a form of discrimination, an employment judge has concluded.

Commenting on a man's baldness in the workplace is equivalent to remarking on the size of a woman's breasts, the finding suggests.

The ruling - made by a panel of three men who in making their judgment bemoaned their own lack of hair - comes in a case between a veteran electrician and his manufacturing firm employers.

Tony Finn - who is now in line for compensation - had worked for the West Yorkshire-based British Bung Company for almost 24 years when he was fired in May last year.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Finally! Several of you will be hearing from my lawyers for historical abuse I have received about my lack of hair.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Finally! Several of you will be hearing from my lawyers for historical abuse I have received about my lack of hair.

I thought Avenatti was in jail though?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jose posted:

thanks to a certain liverpool supporting former SA admin its now sexual harassment to make fun of pep for being bald

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/05/12/calling-men-bald-sexual-harassment-judge-rules/

quote:

Tony Finn - who is now in line for compensation - had worked for the West Yorkshire-based British Bung Company for almost 24 years when he was fired in May last year.

how the gently caress is this real lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I thought it was the hair that you have that was the cause of the teasing.