Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Yeah I think you issue some bland blah blah blah about how you’ve cooperated with all investigations and you’re looking forward to proving that big Dan isn’t a crook and everything is on the up and up, and that the organization is focused on Winning for Are Fans and won’t be distracted by a witch hunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1590551682844602368?t=Ct3HmcjWl1AZwmCjUG2Siw&s=19

That weird combo of aggressive language, raised tone and non sequiturs...this man is bullshitting.

Pershing fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Nov 10, 2022

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Pershing posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1590551682844602368?t=Ct3HmcjWl1AZwmCjUG2Siw&s=19

That weird combo of aggressive language, raised tone and non sequiturs...this man is bullshitting.

dollar store Dan Campbell

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Pershing posted:

Saturday can’t handle Sunday

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ehud posted:

dollar store Dan Campbell

Man, MCDC had me wanting to go punch a dolphin after one press conference I was so amped up. I dunno what this dude is.

I will say that if I was trying to convince people, least of all my players, that I was qualified for a job, the sentiment "I might be very terrible at this." probably would be something I'd leave in the drafts.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Nov 10, 2022

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Pershing posted:

Yeah, he strikes me as someone who's starting to realize the clusterfuck he's walked into, and how deeply unprepared he is

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Black Lighter posted:

Yeah, he strikes me as someone who's starting to realize the clusterfuck he's walked into, and how deeply unprepared he is

And yet I still don't trust the Raiders to not blow this game

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
My gameplan would simply be run 'Da Bomb' and All Streaks. Also whatever that one crossing route that sends two interior WR crossing and then sends one on a post route and one on a fly route.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Shinji2015 posted:

And yet I still don't trust the Raiders to not blow this game

The Raiders don't want to be playing for McDaniels and look like they're completely spent by halftime a lot of games, so yeah, betting on chaos might not be a bad move

soggybagel posted:

My gameplan would simply be run 'Da Bomb' and All Streaks. Also whatever that one crossing route that sends two interior WR crossing and then sends one on a post route and one on a fly route.

Oops All Curls on every down

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Black Lighter posted:

Oops All Curls on every down
Brian Shottenheimer account spotted.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Black Lighter posted:

The Raiders don't want to be playing for McDaniels and look like they're completely spent by halftime a lot of games, so yeah, betting on chaos might not be a bad move

We all overreacted thinking everyone was going to be awesome and some predicted it, but the AFC West being this pathetic outside of (probably, maybe) the Chiefs is very surprising to me.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

We all overreacted thinking everyone was going to be awesome and some predicted it, but the AFC West being this pathetic outside of (probably, maybe) the Chiefs is very surprising to me.

Yeah, it's like the NFL's version of a disaster movie. Like, in their hubris, they built the world's tallest skyscraper but let McDaniels build the foundation and Nathaniel Hackett design the fire suppression system and the Chargers plan the opening night party on the top floor and now everything's crumbling and on fire and half the all-star cast has already been wiped out. Patrick Mahomes is Steve McQueen in this analogy, I guess.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How poorly do the Raiders have to finish the season for McDaniels to possibly get fired?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

soggybagel posted:

Fake punt every play

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1590716644241743872?t=cSigWXef7Xrrb75pUeWAjA&s=33

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Black Lighter posted:

The Colts don't have an offensive line that can block at all, a rookie QB who is in way over his head, a dude who's never coached running the team and they picked a signal caller out of a hat.

Maxx Crosby alone will win that game, regardless of what everyone else does.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

The Colts don't have an offensive line that can block at all, a rookie QB who is in way over his head, a dude who's never coached running the team and they picked a signal caller out of a hat.

They still have a good defense.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

The only way this could be better if it was a TNF game.

e: Spurrier would probably do just fine in this situation if they got him away from the golf course.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I think LV will struggle on offense, but the Colts will be so inept it won't matter that much. Saturday is delegating basically everything, so I guess his speeches are the only thing he's going to influence

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Derek Carr, despite being given a coach who understands offense and Davante Adams, is playing like rear end; and what the hell happened to Chandler Jones? I just realized that I hadn't really heard his name much this year and then I looked at his numbers and now I see why that is. Holy moly

Nov 6, 2002

I wonder how much both teams would like to undo that Adams trade.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nodoze posted:

Derek Carr, despite being given a coach who understands offense and Davante Adams, is playing like rear end; and what the hell happened to Chandler Jones? I just realized that I hadn't really heard his name much this year and then I looked at his numbers and now I see why that is. Holy moly

He was dogshit last year too. He had an incredible week 1, and then never really impacted the game again. The Cardinals didn't bring him back because he didn't have a lot left.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Whats i really killing the Raiders is Gruden/Mayock totally whiffing the drafts. Look at their first round picks, Mike MacCagnan would nod solidarity

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I mean the Raiders have a disappointing but fairly average offense, while the Colts defense is fine, but is going to be receiving absolutely zero help.

Nodoze posted:

Luckily they only paid him.... 3 years / $51m, lmao.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I wonder how much both teams would like to undo that Adams trade.

More or less then the Raiders / Pats wish they could undo the Josh McDaniels signing? :v:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nodoze posted:

Whats i really killing the Raiders is Gruden/Mayock totally whiffing the drafts. Look at their first round picks, Mike MacCagnan would nod solidarity
They made the playoffs last year with an interim head coach in a loaded conference. McDaniels of course did the Patriot Assistant That Is Now A Head Coach thing and blew everything up.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Grittybeard posted:

Mahomes is 23-3 against his division for a reason.

Denver was always an all or nothing prospect if everything worked perfectly maybe they can be competitive with the Chiefs. Unfortunately they made a franchise ruining mistake and won't be relevant for years. The Chargers just always underperform when it matters. I thought at best they could be a fringe playoff team and they still can be.

But Las Vegas being so putrid is very surprising. LV vs IND had the makings of an great game at the beginning of the season but well now it is the clownball special of the week.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

From the article:

quote:

In two starts, Ehlinger’s been sacked on 17.5 percent of his drop backs, worst of any QB in the league with at least 60 attempts.

Almost one of 5 times you drop back you're getting sacked with your QB who supposedly is mobile (spoiler: he's sorta not, but he does his best). And Saturday's keeping the OL coach, although I don't really know how much there is to be gained from changing him out at this point. Look Ehlinger is almost certainly awful, but it seems like he wouldn't be seeing the field if the line could pass block at all.

Just a disaster all around.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

They made the playoffs last year with an interim head coach in a loaded conference. McDaniels of course did the Patriot Assistant That Is Now A Head Coach thing and blew everything up.

This has been brought up by Blitz, I think, but they got incredibly lucky last year

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Maybe LV just has the wrong Patriot disciple. Bring Flores into the mix. Combine him with McDaniel and you have a whole coach

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

Maybe LV just has the wrong Patriot disciple. Bring Flores into the mix. Combine him with McDaniel and you have a whole coach

They should have hired Matt Patricia. He is a DC, OL coach, and OC all in one! You can't beat that kind of versatility :negative:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

From the article:

Almost one of 5 times you drop back you're getting sacked with your QB who supposedly is mobile (spoiler: he's sorta not, but he does his best). And Saturday's keeping the OL coach, although I don't really know how much there is to be gained from changing him out at this point. Look Ehlinger is almost certainly awful, but it seems like he wouldn't be seeing the field if the line could pass block at all.

Just a disaster all around.

Yeah, here's a video of all 9 sacks, like what could anyone do with this offensive line?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIYkoqEy9u4

First two are identical stunts the OL completely miss on, no chance.
3rd is the entire middle just gets clowned and he's sacked immediately
4th is an olay by the LT
5th is a coverage sack after pressure forces him out of the pocket
6th is a deep attempt where the pocket isn't there
7th is a free rusher where the RB notices way too late. This might be the worst one, they jut let Judon in free, ignoring him.
8th is a pocket collapse where the rookie does dumb poo poo.
9th is a late addon bullrush over the LT.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Can you imagine how toxic an environment that would be?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nodoze posted:

This has been brought up by Blitz, I think, but they got incredibly lucky last year

Sure, but they still look like a worse team in every way this year. Carr is averaging almost a yard less per throw than the previous 3 years and his completion percentage is 6-8% lower. He’s somehow made the offense worse on two axes that should be inversely proportional. Shorter passes should be easier to complete but instead they’re harder to complete and less beneficial when they do.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Sure, but they still look like a worse team in every way this year. Carr is averaging almost a yard less per throw than the previous 3 years and his completion percentage is 6-8% lower. He’s somehow made the offense worse on two axes that should be inversely proportional. Shorter passes should be easier to complete but instead they’re harder to complete and less beneficial when they do.

I wonder if it's gonna come out at some point that McDaniels just dropped a phonebook-sized playbook in front of everybody and walked away, without streamlining the system at all for players who are now struggling to pick it up

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Black Lighter posted:

I wonder if it's gonna come out at some point that McDaniels just dropped a phonebook-sized playbook in front of everybody and walked away, without streamlining the system at all for players who are now struggling to pick it up

I’m sure that’s exactly what happened. Which is pretty funny if true since he did an admirable job of making the offense easy for Max Jones last year so he is at least aware that you need to adapt your offense to the players and situation.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m sure that’s exactly what happened.

Hey c'mon, he also brought in Jarrett Stidham, Jakob Johnson AND Brandon Bolden to help install it!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/reinhardNFL/status/1590726573539352576

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1590676119552159745

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Is drops a good stat or a bad stat? Like if the pass is awful but the WR gets his hand on it for a second is it a drop?