Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Jesus, Decosta has to know better than to walk right into that one. I know he was Ozzie’s hand-picked successor or whatever but he may not be the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1631365420790734858

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Gotta wear your tightest denim tomorrow.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Will they cover the statues in front of the stadium while we mourn?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

no, we're not

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Ayudo posted:

I was curious just how bad Steve Saunders could have been that he had an entire fan base calling for his head.

And, predictably he was running guys into the dirt being a hard rear end.

https://twitter.com/HoodieRamey/status/1601074827091398656?s=20

Starting to think this guy thinks doctors are overpaid nerds

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If anybody is looking to trade a 1st round pick for 2 years of Rashod Bateman I'd be all over that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If anybody is looking to trade a 1st round pick for 2 years of Rashod Bateman I'd be all over that.

Bateman was a late first-rounder in the first place and has struggled with injuries and production. He's worth at best a middle 2nd from a team that was interested in drafting him and isn't scared of his injury history.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

In addition to the 3 from Lamar that would be helpful

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Mike Davis and Hollywood Brown were tweeting in support of Bateman's sentiment. As a rival fan, you love to see it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He’d probably live in Asheville and commute

https://twitter.com/marinomlb/status/1631390611889594382?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/NFLOfficiating/status/1631397856421576709?t=GfeXPUPuG_AF7SC8EyvIlQ&s=19

bye, Boger

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Bateman has been very good in the extremely limited time he has seen the field, especially if you take into account the Ravens passing game, but there's no way he nets a 1st round pick back with all those question marks

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ayudo posted:

I was curious just how bad Steve Saunders could have been that he had an entire fan base calling for his head.

Sure Ravens fans hate him but Bengals Steelers and Browns fans love the guy. Extend Steve Saunders.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

He's been fired but don't worry they promoted his assistant or something.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rest in pitch

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i feel like bateman has been good despite injures and the team's roster construction, not to mention the ownership and management situation. he's one of the fastest guys in the league and would immensely benefit from having a better route-runner on the other end of the field to help him separate. yes, andrews is there, but he wasn't enough. literally needs another receiver on the other end of the field.

if he finds that place, dude could go nuts.

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

Isentropy posted:

Starting to think this guy thinks doctors are overpaid nerds

Well?

are they not 'nerds' by how much schooling they have
are they not 'overpaid' given how much insurance you have

These are not MY arguments. But you can see how people form them. A lot of people.

BigBeefCity fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 3, 2023

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

abelwingnut posted:

i feel like bateman has been good despite injures and the team's roster construction, not to mention the ownership and management situation. he's one of the fastest guys in the league and would immensely benefit from having a better route-runner on the other end of the field to help him separate. yes, andrews is there, but he wasn't enough. literally needs another receiver on the other end of the field.

if he finds that place, dude could go nuts.

yeah Bateman was good before injury super early this past season

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

BigBeefCity posted:

Well?

are they not 'nerds' by how much schooling they have
are they not 'overpaid' given how much insurance you have

These are not MY arguments. But you can see how people form them. A lot of people.

Yup this is my bad. Up here if you're sick you just go to a walk in clinic and wait and show a provincial health card. This is far outside of TFF though so

---

FO had some good overall analysis about this survey - that the Krafts and Luries will see this and probably actually try to fix some things. I remember a Bengals poster saying how Marvin Lewis was instrumental in dragging the Bengals amenities from 1960 to something a bit more modern using info like this

And that Snyder will try to go ahead with some extra cuts he hasn't tried yet

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Nothing says I'm a coach who's stuck decades in the past and the game has passed me by quite like saying I don't want a number 1 passing offense, I want to line up in the I.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Asproigerosis posted:

Nothing says I'm a coach who's stuck decades in the past and the game has passed me by quite like saying I don't want a number 1 passing offense, I want to line up in the I.

Better cross that I and make it a T if you wanna win in today's game

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I loving wish, God bless Doug for pulling out a loving T formation in the playoffs ityool 2023.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mystic Stylez posted:

Bateman has been very good in the extremely limited time he has seen the field, especially if you take into account the Ravens passing game, but there's no way he nets a 1st round pick back with all those question marks

Agreed. There's also no way the Ravens would part way with Bateman for less than a 1st.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The 2021 27th pick is not going for a 1st rounder 2 seasons after he put up 800 yards (total) while posting two major injuries, in an offseason where the draft's 1st round is packed with elite DL talent and the 2nd round is stuffed full of blazing fast WR prospects.

If a 1st round is Baltimore's price then Bateman is a Raven this fall.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Exactly.

He's the best WR on the team. There's no sense in letting him go for anything less a real chance at real more receiving talent.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Turn down his 5th year option and end up tagging him. There's some of that good McDaniels poo poo there

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1631745138564235286

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Turn down his 5th year option and end up tagging him. There's some of that good McDaniels poo poo there
Is that better or worse than turning down a 5th year option and then giving him $40m per?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Luckily he's only a running back so the price went from $8m to $10m

God running backs are so hosed.

Also he doubled his yardage from 2021 and went up 1 YPC, which changed things a bit.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/status/1631727308271910912?t=HhbZHtuURlMv-zdexZ7s9Q&s=19

Ouch

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Is that better or worse than turning down a 5th year option and then giving him $40m per?

It was the previous regime that turned down Jones though right? McDaniels turned down Jacobs who was playing well then cut Carr.

Gotta give the bigger lol to the raiders

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
On one hand, LOLOLOL @ giving Danny Dimes 40 million dollars a year.

On the other hand, that dude has had practically no WR help for a while.

Maybe draft the guy some wide receivers, Giants. But still, LOL 40 million. Get the gently caress outta here.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Don't let your babies grow up to be running backs.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gonz posted:

On one hand, LOLOLOL @ giving Danny Dimes 40 million dollars a year.

On the other hand, that dude has had practically no WR help for a while.

Maybe draft the guy some wide receivers, Giants. But still, LOL 40 million. Get the gently caress outta here.

Not to excuse the Giants' litany of dumbass roster moves, but they kinda tried... unfortunately the results were a massive contract for Golladay (L M A O) and drafting Robinson and Toney who produced absolutely nothing due to injury. They added weapons, those weapons just all sucked.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
IANACW (Cap Wizard) but I'm fairly confident Schoen will figure out a way to give Jones "$45M a year" and the total to be "4yr/180M" or something that in reality lets them get out of the deal after a year or two with minimal cap hit. The Derek Carr extension, basically

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Don't let your babies grow up to play football

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'd be teaching my son to kick like a motherfucker if he wanted to be a football player. Go get yourself 20 million dollars over 10 years kicking a ball three or four times a game and having to make 3 tackles a year.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm just going to straight up c/p this reddit post which I have no idea the veracity of but it sounds right

quote:

he seems 1000x more qualified. did some digging on covid guy and i can’t find one thing that says he has any professional education on training or health at all. he played d2 college football (couldn’t find his major) and they didn’t have a strength coach so he wanted to be the guy. he graduated started a gym and started training some guys in the nfl 1on1. he actually pre dates harbaugh with the ravens because he was already training a few ravens players through brian b. he says in 2008 harbaugh said i want to hire you but i can’t because you’ve never done this before. he stayed persistent contacting harbaugh and 2015 came and 20 players ended up with season ending injuries. 2016 he was on the staff as the director of performance. 2018 he became the head s&c coach.

tl;dr

he had virtually no experience outside of being a personal trainer and still got the job

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/marlon_humphrey/status/1631781630145601538?t=DmVYA-bIgULqtsl9cp_g0Q&s=19

Kawalimus was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Mystic Stylez posted:

Kawalimus was right

:hmmyes: