Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Fixing Ja Morant with the same eight-hour training course they give cops to tell them not to be racist. Problem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

leftist heap posted:

They reserve the CBT that actually works for rich people

read as CBD, also would have made sense

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Ja marching into the commissioner's office with his "does not have donkey brains" certificate

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Papercut posted:

Ja marching into the commissioner's office with his "does not have donkey brains" certificate

:hmmyes: Ja got unzipped in florida

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

WhyteRyce posted:

lol wonder if Ja bailed early on therapy so he could get his suspension done asap

Can always do more therapy while at home without pay?

Or more likely it was just a pr stunt I guess

Maybe it was just PR , but yeah it's not like people don't go to therapy and get help while also doing their jobs.

If he keeps on moving that stupidly then yeah going to be extremely liable to lose everything up to and including his life.

I at least hope this has been a wakeup call for the dude.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
He needs Jesus in his life

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

No need to overreact, the gun he brandished while drunk was a found gun

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
bleh

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
A 2-day intensive in-patient followed by a more typical program for someone who has a traveling job isn't that unusual. The "Spend weeks in a live in facility" is way more rare in real life than it is in movies. So there's nothing so far that screams it's just a PR stunt or anything.

I also think 8 games is a little harsh though the string of events is probably a big factor. And it's probably nice to have a firm date.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
They did say he possessed the gun while intoxicated

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

I feel like I'm being questioned as if I doubt the validity and seriousness of the injury when my t-shirtpost clearly stated that I trust the team and KAT about the seriousness of the injury

Oh sorry, that wasn't aimed at you at all. There's been a bunch of people including media members who are all "It Seems Fishy" but I think a lot to do with media folks who don't like to be shut out of injury/health news (and I'd always side with a player wanting to keep that private if they want to).

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

leftist heap posted:

drat they did stuff to his cock and balls?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

drat they did stuff to his cock and balls?

Strip club therapy

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

toggle posted:

Strip club therapy

That’s what many wise patrons use it for

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

WhyteRyce posted:

lol wonder if Ja bailed early on therapy so he could get his suspension done asap

Can always do more therapy while at home without pay?

Or more likely it was just a pr stunt I guess

I think someone posted here that if he doesn't get All-NBA this year, he loses tens of millions or something.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Therapy gave him some laminated flash cards reading “do not pull a gun on people” and “let your friends punch teenagers for you,” problem solved

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I'm glad Ja has been cured.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

I’m not a therapist but I think Ja was at the strip club longer than this

I am a therapist and I agree with this

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

instead of a gun he should pick up a book. the playbook that is. and study it

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

LeBron James Thirsts After Wife Savannah in Stunning Red Carpet Photos: 'DAMNNNNNN'
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/lebron-james-thirsts-wife-savannah-170730493.html

Steph Curry wants another Warriors game at Oracle before NBA career ends
https://sports.yahoo.com/steph-curry-wants-another-warriors-140000097.html

pentyne posted:

What's the lowest number that doesn't sound insane? 50? That's basically 2/3rds of the season.

Over 90% of NBA/ABA MVPs have played at least seventy games. And all but one of the other MVPs played in a shortened season. Bill Walton winning in 1978 with only 58 games played was a big outlier.

Imagine if Jokic wins MVP next year while playing only half the season because it's just eminently clear that he's the best player in the league.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Dokmo or Zogo, or anyone, is there an accepted correlation between midrange shooting % and 3p% in the pros?

I've heard the axiom that guys who shoot well in the midrange can learn to shoot threes. I know people like to combine 3p% and ft%.

At the team level this year the correlation between FG% at 10-16 feet and 3P range is ~.22 And ~.15 for players (who've played a decent amount of minutes). Not very strong.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

kingcobweb posted:

Nugs are Not doing great, losing four in a row. Jamal Murray has been awful, and is clearly playing hurt...

I've been rolling my eyes all year when people complain about Michael Malone, but I'm genuinely confused with a lot of what's going on.

The Nuggets players outside of Jokic and Gordon look really weak. Pedestrian numbers for a #1 seed.

It reminds me of the 1990s Pacers. Many years Reggie Miller had dominant numbers but there was no one to back him up. Just a rotating group of OK players.

Bip Roberts posted:

I could probably lose 4k in a year too easy

Yeah, the average US citizen currently carries a debt of ~100,000 USD. So 4K doesn't seem like much at all.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Damian Lillard Frustrated With Current State Of The NBA
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/damian-lillard-frustrated-current-state-145707252.html

Felton Spencer dies at 55
https://sports.yahoo.com/former-louisville-standout-nba-center-felton-spencer-dies-at-55-213910618.html

KurdtLives posted:

Matt says to himself "What a stupid bet, he just as well could of set the money on fire, I'm going to pocket it. Come March of 2022, he is panicking because it looks like the Celtics are legit contenders and he executes a complicated series of hedging bets to enable him to mostly cover this 20k. The C's lose and he's off the hook for his buddy but lost the hedges.

This a bad scenario that I could see happening more often than realized.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Silver coming down harder on Trey Lyles than Ja

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
MVP should relate only to financial value that a player brings to the team. Therefore LeBron is the MVP every year

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/jalenrose/status/1636115336503214080?s=46&t=3d9JmXOJWgE8nozHLwUyjQ

Soft focus apology incoming

I hate all this

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Is Oprah retired from apology interviews?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Dokmo or Zogo, or anyone, is there an accepted correlation between midrange shooting % and 3p% in the pros?

I've heard the axiom that guys who shoot well in the midrange can learn to shoot threes. I know people like to combine 3p% and ft%.

I meant to take a closer look at this. Here's a five year snapshot showing that it appears midrange FG% used to be more closely tied to 3P%:

code:
Year	Correlation between 10-16ft FG% and 3P% at the team level
2000: 	.44
2005: 	.31
2010: 	.30
2015: 	.30
2020: 	.21

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm not a therapist but I think Ja's interview with Jalen was longer than his rehab

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Zogo posted:

I meant to take a closer look at this. Here's a five year snapshot showing that it appears midrange FG% used to be more closely tied to 3P%:

code:
Year	Correlation between 10-16ft FG% and 3P% at the team level
2000: 	.44
2005: 	.31
2010: 	.30
2015: 	.30
2020: 	.21

Much appreciated

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

pathetic

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Panda dunks are now Apology Shoes

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That person who said Andre I dunked and now would have to miss weeks was dead on.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

IcePhoenix posted:

I feel like I'm being questioned as if I doubt the validity and seriousness of the injury when my t-shirtpost clearly stated that I trust the team and KAT about the seriousness of the injury
For what it's worth, I was just elaborating on the seemingly innocuous "calf strain"

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

kingcobweb posted:

Speaking of injuries, a little Nuggets Talk

Nugs are Not doing great, losing four in a row. Jamal Murray has been awful, and is clearly playing hurt; he had a period where he had most of his quickness and was putting up bubble Murray numbers, but he hurt his other knee and is trying to grit through it. He was questionable against the Raptors, then played 40 minutes in a loss, putting up 14 points on 18 shots. He should've been shut down a week ago, there's no reason to push a guy who's still recovering from injury this hard with the one seed all but locked up. And his bad play is a big part of why they're losing anyway!

As great as he can play, he's sometimes clearly a Kobe Guy in a bad way. Breaking off the play to do turn around midrange fadeaways with 12 left in the shot clock without Jokic getting involved in the play. And without him being able to take advantage of his quickness, he's going to those bad shots nearly every time. Cut it out Jamal.

The big roster moves to improve the Nuggets bench (Reggie Jackson and Thomas Bryant) have been a disaster so far. They were both DNP-CD in the last game, where, again, Jamal played 40 minutes. With Reggie struggling this much, there's no backup for Jamal. Bruce Brown is a good player but he's incredibly miscast when they run him at PG. FVV picking his pocket was a great example of that.

I've been rolling my eyes all year when people complain about Michael Malone, but I'm genuinely confused with a lot of what's going on.

Ah that's a bummer about Reggie, maybe he's lost the will to ball without his buddy. Or maybe he's broken and the Clippers made the right call on letting him go? Although they are making some terrible calls lately.

According to an interview with Isaiah Hartenstein he would have accepted a minimum offer to stay with the Clippers, but they never even offered, so he went to the Knicks, who haven't been using him right. And the Clipeprs went with John Wall instead, who stank. So they could have skipped the John Wall experiment, played Terence Mann more, and had a decent backup center all season. And now they brought on Westbrook, which screws over Mann and Bones.

I think both of those questionable moves - Wall and Westbrook - were made to placate PG13 LOL

temple posted:

Nugs could use a young energetic player for those bench minutes. Maybe a PG.

Poor Bones got double-screwed

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

leftist heap posted:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/highkin/status/1636161536468348928

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
That tracks for the guy who removed his rear view mirror so he ‘can’t look back’ or whatever

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

looooooooooooooooool so it begins
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1636136379477372930

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Current Jalen Rose looks like a parody version of Jalen Rose