Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

hifi posted:

Simmons is basically greg oden that's played 300 games. I dont want to dump on him but also if you think that's a great career then I dont know what to say either

given the majority of basketball players don't even make the league i think its fair to call simmons, who had 4 high level seasons, great at basketball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Anyone who is on an NBA roster is ‘great at basketball’ if you compare them to the entire world instead of, say, Lebron James or Steph Curry or Dame

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ammanas posted:

given the majority of basketball players don't even make the league i think its fair to call simmons, who had 4 high level seasons, great at basketball

I think we need some more adjectives then if everyone that's ever been in the NBA is great at basketball

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Ben Simmons isn’t On the Pantheon. He is not going to Basketball Vallhalla.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

i am a moron posted:

Ben Simmons isn’t On the Pantheon. He is not going to Basketball Vallhalla.

And yet he is a Legend because I will tell my offspring about him and they will tell theirs about The Boy Who Was Afraid To Shoot.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

i am a moron posted:

Name one PG who has played in the same era as Benjamin Simmons who is scoring under 20 ppg people are calling great

Kyle Lowry only reached 20 ppg twice. Same with Mike Conley.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

sounds like all of those examples scored 20ppg, disqualifying them from consideration in this question

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

i am a moron posted:

Ben Simmons, the guy who basically poo poo his pants in an elimination game and got so embarrassed his career ended is great. MJ is rolling in his giant bed
He was a great regular season hybrid guard forward until he Became insanely afraid to do anything with the basketball under any amount of pressure.

And while sitting out a year due to being afraid to play basketball he’s somehow hosed[url=][/url] his back up so badly that he will probably be nothing more than a bench player for the rest of his career.

Great his first two years then catastrophic

I don’t think He ever could have been Draymond Green lite, because he was never a rim protector like Draymond, that versatility is what made Draymond incredible. Ben is still just a guy who can guard some perimeter players. Kevin Durant was the Nets rim protector in Lineups with Ben and no center this year

Also original draymond before he got too beat up would take and make corner threes

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Is there any chance the Clippers fall out and don't make the playoffs? I need the best odds possible for OKC draft picks this year.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Why are there so many new post oh god no

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Describe Ben Simmons using regional bbq styles as a comparison

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

BWV posted:

I didn't really watch him too much on the Nets but did they ever figure out how to use him without him messing up the spacing? Because as good and solid as he is (16-8-8 etc), I don't know how you find success with him in a grind it out playoff series. I know Philly 2019 team probably could've won the title but that was a stacked team and they could (almost) afford having a pylon out there when Embiid and Butler were so good at scoring in the half court

he was excellent for the nets in like.. november

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
I like Ben Simmons.

I just think he's neat.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

WhyteRyce posted:

North Carolina bbq

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

raw slab of pork still in the fridge

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
A spatchcocked chicken

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Kansas city trash sauce

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

WhyteRyce posted:

Mcrib

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

blamegame posted:

he was excellent for the nets in like.. november

Excellent by what metric other than team wins? He was playing adequate basketball while Durant lit the world on fire AND protected the rim

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

WhyteRyce posted:

Overcooked Baby back ribs

also BenjaMid Simmons.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

hifi posted:

Simmons is basically greg oden that's played 300 games. I dont want to dump on him but also if you think that's a great career then I dont know what to say either

No one questioned Oden work ethic or willingness to play the game. His body just failed him.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

hifi posted:

Why the hell are you maligning Greg Oden like this?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Calidus posted:

No one questioned Oden work ethic or willingness to play the game. His body just failed him.

Simmons body has also failed him, unless you believe the teams he’s on have been lying for him

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

wandler20 posted:

Is there any chance the Clippers fall out and don't make the playoffs? I need the best odds possible for OKC draft picks this year.

It's possible but they only need 1 win to clinch the 9 spot and have the 10 spot wrapped up depending on tie breakers.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nba/westernwinmagicnumbers.html

Of course they could lose the playin games I suppose.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Benny Yips

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

I believe wholeheartedly that the philadelphia 76ers took great care of any medical or mental problems ben simmons may have had in his career, and that they’ve only wanted the best for him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

i am a moron posted:

Name one PG who has played in the same era as Benjamin Simmons who is scoring under 20 ppg people are calling great

Ricky Rubio

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

i am a moron posted:

So now everyone who gets a media award is great? Your callous disregard for the word is disgusting

you are just living up to your username with every post

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

IcePhoenix posted:

Ricky Rubio

Great and sexy are not interchangeable

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I think it's fair to say that Ben had a couple great seasons but wasn't a great player/didnt have a great career. I hope he finds happiness

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Simmons was great but then got the yips and that probably affects how seriously he was treating rehab. If you’re not interested in ball any more

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

WhyteRyce posted:

Do you remember that infamous picture of "Brooklyn Barbeque"?

https://twitter.com/jacobtheloofah/status/1448081116947263494

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

i am a moron posted:

Great and sexy are not interchangeable

Ricky has HOF vibes and is beloved by all, something that Chris Paul and Ben Simmons cannot claim

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Do you remember that infamous picture of "Brooklyn Barbeque"?

https://twitter.com/jacobtheloofah/status/1448081116947263494

It’s not really Brooklyn bbq so much as it’s just hipster bbq. I’ve seen plenty of food trucks in California pushing the same

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Henchman of Santa posted:

Kyle Lowry only reached 20 ppg twice. Same with Mike Conley.

There's no way this is accurate, but I'm too lazy to do research, so I'll accept it

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Ben Simmons was great...at not getting Bill Simmons to shut the gently caress up about him for a few years!!

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

My stupid home state rises again

Edit: wrong thread, go UConn

big boi fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 4, 2023

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Rick posted:

Of course they could lose the playin games I suppose.

They will definitely do this.

Also they will definitely lose this next game to the Lakers, maybe the most important game they've ever played against the Lakers, which will be the first time they lose to the Lakers in a long time.

They are anti-clutch.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Metapod posted:

I'm doing a thread audible cavs posters tell me about Mobleys improvement this year

His numbers are higher(?) And he's more confident

He had a good article in the ringer the other day drat I should have saved it

All said and done he seems to be improving

Back to you Jim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

indigi posted:

I think it's fair to say that Ben had a couple great seasons but wasn't a great player/didnt have a great career. I hope he finds happiness

i think this is the right take