Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Cloud Potato posted:

Yep, still having a lot of fun, but what happens to me is "Hmm, my skills aren't great for this situation, I'm sure someone else has better, I'd better wait for them to post first" and then if everyone's waiting, we get a day or two of thread paralysis. Like, this current roll, Trew ain't got Gunnery, better leave it for the character that does lest impatient, poor rolling hurts the situation, the group and the thread. But then, does anyone have Gunnery?

Don't think so lol. Somebody gotta either make up a quick story that you can link back to someone else's chargen events that explains how they learned gunnery, or just roll it as -2 if they got jack of trades, or -3 if they don't.

Basically the skill chain would cancel out how extremely not trained in gunnery you all are. It's possible to fail shooting the ground but you're gonna have to have some p bad luck imo. If somebody has a negative dex DM it would be uh "suboptimal" to have them pull the trigger.

Also you can take extra time to get a bonus to to-hit, it's not like you have to rush. The only penalty to this would be taking the extra time to carefully aim instead of whipping the turret over and lettin er rip. So unless it's crucial to blast this very second it will probably not be a big deal. You got a few days to finish this job and haven't even gone thru one yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Alright, no-one has gunnery, but we have one spare shared pool skill left of pilot 1 that no-one has claimed, but which we already have on a couple of characters so don't really need,

can we swap that for gunnery since we definitely want that in the mix? I can take that as it makes sense Rolf would have had an opportunity to shoot a big gun, otherwise anyone else with a non negative dex modifier.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah I guess I will allow it if nobody objects

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Yeah I guess I will allow it if nobody objects

Aight we can swap it around later if so, but to move things along Rolf grumbles his way back in through the airlock, peeling off his gloves and slapping them on the shelf so the ice can flake off them, clambers up the ladder to the gun station and flips on the power toggles, click click click. The reticle is that delicious fake green on the screen as he lines it up, right in the middle of the ketchup circle, zzzit pulls the triggers.

Zap: 2d6+1 7 plus five, total of 12.

Actually gently caress it, let's take 1d6 minutes to line it up perfectly for an extra +2, 14 total.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
You take the risk and

The results are excellent! Ice ruptures and molten water begins flowing up through the hole. It steams and boils even as it refreezes, but some water is hot enough to begin flowing down past the ship towards the sea. It starts snowing hard, but the shelf doesn't seem to be in any increased danger of collapse. The hole itself is a little ways away from the ship, and it's puking out a bunch of particles and frosty vapors. Shouldn't be too cumbersome, right?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Aria Xsdottir

"Nice. We've proven we blow, now let's see how hard we suck, lets get the hoses out there before this all freezes again."

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ronwayne posted:

Aria Xsdottir

"Nice. We've proven we blow, now let's see how hard we suck, lets get the hoses out there before this all freezes again."

Rolf laughs as he works his thick gauntlets back on and seals them with a hiss of escaping air. "I've been in the infantry. Trust me, we got the suck on lockdown".

And with that he's out there, hoses into the hole, leading to the containers which are on the back of the air raft so we can get it back inside easily.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
alright gimme a flyer (gravity) roll to see if you make it out there without flipping over. I figure your previous roll for survival will still say how much time you have before you get frozen over.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Wind here is harsh, and cold as everliving gently caress, but actually fairly steady down low where it comes off the ice. Get more than ten meters up and all bets are off, but we don't need to get up there so, yep, just like that.

Flyer: 2d6+1 11

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZaSYkBpzvA

Outside the gravity is weird as ever, and doesn't help much with the bulky suit, but with that roll you're able to make it out there without capsizing into the cryochamber & fill up the tanks. Icicles keep forming on the raft, the tanks, the tubes, your suit, everything around, but there's enough time to fill things up and get back to the ship before your sealed into the reforming ice cap.

While you do all this, the shelf groans concerningly but doesn't collapse. Sensors and drones indicate it's holding up pretty well. You make it back with the tanks but will have to take a break and recheck all your gear before going out again.

You've recovered two tons of the meltwater + whatever's agglomerated onto your suit and the raft.
It's been 9 hours since you've left Vic's. Keep this up and you might live up to the ridiculous stories Rolf spun trying to get extra money for the job...

E: gimme a science roll to figure out if the stuff you've got is actually what Vic wants

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 11:50 on May 13, 2023

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

"NERDS," yell Rolf, grinning hugely. "You're UP."

He slumped down in the Comms chair, flicking on the signal search and twirling the dial on the console.

"After that detail's sorted, where next? Grab some trees, so our little animal assholes don't need to spend too much time in a cage?"

The receiver hit on a distant, static riddled thread of music. Hyperjazz, from one of the Zhodani pirate bands. Rolf turned it up until it filled the bridge. "Aww yeah this is my poo poo."

[OOC: Antivehicular, I think the science roll would be you?]

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Tayloria Hendi

"On it. Haven't done microscopy in a while -- this might be fun."

PLANKTON CHECK TIME (Science Bio + Edu): 2d6+3 12

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

planktowned

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Antivehicular posted:

Tayloria Hendi

:drugnerd:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Antivehicular posted:

Tayloria Hendi

Also i forgot but you get +2 for having your biology tools. There's some kinda setup where having high tech tools gives (bigger?) bonuses or minuses depending on Tech Level of the problem you're working on but tbh i don't really know how the hell it works, so I'm going to call it that your sweet Hesaim TL 16 tools will just give the bonus for any biology roll that isn't completely off the charts difficult, and if you do somehow run into a situation like that, the tools would be required to even attempt it instead of getting the bonus. Idk will have to look into how toolsets work more if anything like that happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN5DJC01yXU

Within the tanks there are already some aggregations forming:

Closer inspection reveals you have what Vic is looking for

However there are some other inclusions that Vic doesn't care about. They're all at much lower concentration than the actual target sample.

With these results you can be sure you have just enough of the right gunk and this part of the mission is basically complete. It's on the low side of amount, but it should be sufficient. Unless you plan on trying to purify the samples and bulk them up more nobody needs to go back out onto the frozen side of the planet. If you wanna do anything to the content of the tanks you're probably going to have to formulate a roll about what you want to do and how, otherwise according to the briefing you can just leave 'em in cargo till delivery.

You might be able to wring out some extra cash if you do the paperwork for sample retrieval for Vic instead of letting him handle it. With your level of skill & experience with the university, you don't even need to roll, but it would add extra time to the job.

While Tayloria does the analysis everyone who's still looking at the scanners or scooting drones around notices that the hole is starting to freeze over again, and probably you'd have to blast it open again to get more samples of this quality, unless you really hauled rear end getting out there.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

"I'm figuring we do the paperwork on the way to the trees, yeah? Good enough is good enough, and doing his donkey work should keep him sweet."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

"This stage is complete, right? I don't like tempting fate for a bonus check here. Let's see what the 'safer' option is like."

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Somebody roll pilot starcraft to take off & go into a holding pattern @ the next zone -- or to take off, fly there, and land. Yeah I could handwave this one away but it's complex enough that imo it warrants a roll, and every time you try to land in a rough area that isn't even the most basic spaceport I'm gonna make you roll it anyway. Estimated travel time is going to be pretty quick, like 15 minutes if everything goes well. The difficulty of the landing is going to be based on where you wanna land, if you wanna just get there and touch down.

This region contains both the colau & bagua tree.

Vic warned that the baked lands were a pointless and dangerous waste of time, but the other half should be relatively normal, only needing breather masks as long as the weather is good. You should be able to wear standard armor and clothing, or at least not need to worry about doubling up vacc & environment suits.

Assuming you have no desire to check out the baked lands then that cuts the scan area in half, if you feel like scanning. These lifeforms are probably near running water if the brief is correct, but without narrowing it down past "not the baked lands" you're still looking at a search zone in the hundreds of km².

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Trew Pisco

"OK, let's bag us a bagua tree! Probes away!"

Using probes to find bagua tree (Science 0, EDU +1): 2d6+1 9

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mykkel, could you give us a pilot roll? I think you are designated fly boy.

Rolf is clipping himself in ready for takeoff with a :alonso: expression

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Dan Jenks

So is there any rerolling in this system??

Dan engages in the usual take off and flight tasks, but the landing is a bit rough. "Sorry about that everyone. Every once in a while Jester likes to buck a bit."

Fly and land at next stop: 2d6+15

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mykkel posted:

Dan Jenks

Dan engages in the usual take off and flight tasks, but the landing is a bit rough. "Sorry about that everyone. Every once in a while Jester likes to buck a bit."

Fly and land at next stop: 2d6+15

The crew recalls the probe drones back into their bay, makes sure everything's secure, and you blast off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfQnJBqgIUE

You're able to lift off fine & the thousands of kilometers from the dark side of the planet to the twilight zone is quick and easy. The sun seems to rise almost supernaturally fast once you get close to the terminator. Everything looks great, until the ship's computer starts beeping frantically and listing out warning information. You find yourself overshooting the landing zone. By a LOT.

Mykkel posted:

So is there any rerolling in this system??

Not really that i can see. Seems like it might be better to try and stack bonuses ahead of time. If you wanna take more time you can go slower and get a +2. Instead of it taking a few minutes to land it'd take 10x longer. Yeah I'll just give you that.

uuuh, according to the book landing in a starport is 6+ and landing out in the wild usually takes an 8+, 10+, or 12+, depending on the terrain. So... that seems like an 8 in this case would be landing in a calm body of water or a non-forested, open space on even ground. Taking more time would give 5+2 = 7 and put you into the "holy poo poo barely made it" zone if you were landing on an 8-difficulty area. That was a rough fuckin roll. Being 1 short is a lot better than completely botching things, which is a lot better than catastrophic -6.

I'm gonna call it basically you're going to have to crashland and hope you don't blow up the ship. If you guys had planned out roughly where to land or said where specifically maybe it would have been weighted towards that, but now it's up to the dice to decide :evilbuddy:

:rolldice: tile 48:

:rolldice: tile 44:

:rolldice: tile 22:

According to the readouts something's wrong with the control systems, but Dan's able to wrangle the ship through a cleft in the mountains, past the woods, and over an open plateau. Jester's Revenge grinds its naked belly against the ground until you screech to a halt.

This... isn't where you're supposed to be.

The control consoles are all helpfully flashing DIAGNOSTICS REQUIRED but at least nobody's gotten hurt.

--

Cloud Potato posted:

Trew Pisco

"OK, let's bag us a bagua tree! Probes away!"

Using probes to find bagua tree (Science 0, EDU +1): 2d6+1 9

The probes only have limited useful range, pretty much you can use them to search the whole area labeled "world hex map," the widest local area, which is extremely convenient to gms. You can send them further or do more complicated stuff, but they aren't anywhere as fast as the ship itself, so it isn't really possible to send them far ahead unless you're in orbit and shooting them down to the surface.
    You launch them out now. They reveal a few things:
  • It's safe temperatures outside the ship, so it should be fine to go out as long as you have the right masks.
  • There doesn't appear to be any major hull damage to the ship, at least at first glance. She's absolutely not on her feet though, resting directly on the hull.
  • There's a bigass ditch carved out behind the ship, and a mound of rocky soil in front.
  • This is for sure the wrong ecozone for the samples you're looking for. If you're lucky you might find some maybe 200km away? Probably not the most pressing concern this very second.
  • The only life forms you can see immediately around the ship are some scrubby grasses. Woods a few km to the southwest.
--

The probes are standing by to scope whatever you'd like, and you still have comms. You are probably going to want to run the diagnostics that the computer's asking for, seeing as whatever went wrong crashed the ship.

Mechanic/engineering/electronics, something like that would be fine. Or you may want to split up and search for the samples and try fixing the ship at the same time. Or something else. Sleep it off? You've been working at this for a while now. Maybe don't go to bed or stop for lunch if there's a hull breach in a dangerous atmosphere idk.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Trew Pisco

"No injuries? Excellent, that's a successful landing in my book. Give me a few mins, I'll get these diagnostics started."

Running diagnostics (Electronics 0, Engineering 0, Mechanic 0, EDU +1, taking my time +2): 2d6+3 12

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cloud Potato posted:

Trew Pisco

"No injuries? Excellent, that's a successful landing in my book. Give me a few mins, I'll get these diagnostics started."

Running diagnostics (Electronics 0, Engineering 0, Mechanic 0, EDU +1, taking my time +2): 2d6+3 12

Rolf is going to help, also taking his time

Mechanics: 2d6+0+2 11

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

Now that sudden death by falling through the ice is not an issue, Aria slaps her mask on and gun in hand starts poking at stuff around the ship.

Recon taking time, 9 What do my lumpenprole eyes see, GM?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Ronwayne posted:

Aria Xsdottir

Now that sudden death by falling through the ice is not an issue, Aria slaps her mask on and gun in hand starts poking at stuff around the ship.

Recon taking time, 9 What do my lumpenprole eyes see, GM?

Some stuff in the workshop and in the living quarters is slightly jostled but the artificial gravity is working fine and nothing is super broken. Looking out through the windows nothing seems to be particularly bad, there's no rampaging herds of alien monsters or anything.

Cargo seems good. The hold is in good condition and can almost open to the outside, although it wouldn't be too easy to walk directly in with anything large. The airlock, drone bay, & air raft also can get outside no problem. The airlock cycles in the normal 10 seconds. (I had somehow been under the impression that it took a good minute to do but according to the book yeah it goes pretty fast. It's that it can hold 3 people wearing vacc suits at the same time, not that it takes 3 minutes to open.) The ramp still works and you can get out around on the surface, which doesn't seem like it's going to cave in or anything.

You're crashed at relatively high altitude, in the distance are the baked lands on one side, more mountains and then the sea on the other. To the north is more mesa and mountains. The south is more mountains that quickly drop off into the sea. The sun is dead still in the sky, and there are constant winds. Warm this time.

If there are any animals that live up here they must have been scared away by the crash. The low gravity is disorienting, and the thinness of the atmosphere makes exposed skin feel strange. Sounds different too. It's not exactly pleasant, but you won't die unless your mask gives out.

sebmojo posted:

Rolf is going to help, also taking his time

Mechanics: 2d6+0+2 11

Cloud Potato posted:

Trew Pisco

You guys also get a bonus because you've got the workshop onboard with all the kinds of tools and probes and crap you'll need. The computer doesn't say there's anything wrong with the hull, just that the maneuvering systems are screwed up. There's a problem with the avionics, so you two pop open the access panel on the bridge and start working through the checklist.

Everything looks fine.

You check it over again, all seems right.

You check the computer again -- doesn't detect a problem, other than the fact you're crash landed.

Something's fucky, so you go over the avionics one more time and even go so far as to open up individual components and check inside.

bingo.

All these extra wires? That poo poo's not supposed to be in there. Not only have the control systems been sabotaged, but they were rewired to hide the fault from the computer. The ship only realized something was wrong when it was too late. It's obvious that unless you fix this then flying the ship is going to be a real bad idea.

But Dan didn't crash the ship. He got crashed.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Some stuff in the workshop and in the living quarters is slightly jostled but the artificial gravity is working fine and nothing is super broken. Looking out through the windows nothing seems to be particularly bad, there's no rampaging herds of alien monsters or anything.

Cargo seems good. The hold is in good condition and can almost open to the outside, although it wouldn't be too easy to walk directly in with anything large. The airlock, drone bay, & air raft also can get outside no problem. The airlock cycles in the normal 10 seconds. (I had somehow been under the impression that it took a good minute to do but according to the book yeah it goes pretty fast. It's that it can hold 3 people wearing vacc suits at the same time, not that it takes 3 minutes to open.) The ramp still works and you can get out around on the surface, which doesn't seem like it's going to cave in or anything.

You're crashed at relatively high altitude, in the distance are the baked lands on one side, more mountains and then the sea on the other. To the north is more mesa and mountains. The south is more mountains that quickly drop off into the sea. The sun is dead still in the sky, and there are constant winds. Warm this time.

If there are any animals that live up here they must have been scared away by the crash. The low gravity is disorienting, and the thinness of the atmosphere makes exposed skin feel strange. Sounds different too. It's not exactly pleasant, but you won't die unless your mask gives out.

You guys also get a bonus because you've got the workshop onboard with all the kinds of tools and probes and crap you'll need. The computer doesn't say there's anything wrong with the hull, just that the maneuvering systems are screwed up. There's a problem with the avionics, so you two pop open the access panel on the bridge and start working through the checklist.

Everything looks fine.

You check it over again, all seems right.

You check the computer again -- doesn't detect a problem, other than the fact you're crash landed.

Something's fucky, so you go over the avionics one more time and even go so far as to open up individual components and check inside.

bingo.

All these extra wires? That poo poo's not supposed to be in there. Not only have the control systems been sabotaged, but they were rewired to hide the fault from the computer. The ship only realized something was wrong when it was too late. It's obvious that unless you fix this then flying the ship is going to be a real bad idea.

But Dan didn't crash the ship. He got crashed.

Rolf: "Well that's some bullshit right there."

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gonna bring up some schematics, painstakingly pore over them (taking my time) and see if we can work out whether it was trying to crash us in a specific place or just put us down somewhere remote? Like it's possible this mission is aimed at loving us, but how and where and why

Electronics: 2d6+2 10

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
:rolldice:: 0
There's not enough info here to figure that out just by looking at the bonus circuit boards that have been so graciously installed. Whoever did it has some experience hotwiring spaceships. More than Rolf does. You are able to isolate the problem to a couple individual components which can be swapped out.

Streetwise / Electronics (computer) / Engineer (M-drive) / Investigate / even Pilot (spacecraft) rolls would be helpful to get more info about the sabotage. Basically if you can make an argument that the roll should apply you can prob contribute. The characteristics for a task like this are gonna be either INT or EDU.

There's a couple complicating factors here, though. One is trying to figure out who did this is not the same as getting the ship fixed. And fixing the ship or even identifying possible culprits isn't likely to explain how someone bypassed security to get in here in the first place. Or their motivations or actual intentions.

For actually fixing the ship, it's similar: Engineer (M-drive) / Mechanic / Electronics (computer). INT or EDU.

Then there's the fact that it's getting pretty late. Not seeming likely that you'll be able to do the whole mission in one day after all, but Vic did give you a lot more time than that. If you guys try to marathon it without sleeping eventually you'll start getting negative dice modifiers. At least you don't seem to be in imminent danger. The ship still has food and you can ofc live in it safely, and you'd still have connections to the planetary comm network here even if the ship was totally destroyed.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Dan Jenks

"I knew I couldn't trust the slipshod security running the starport. My specialty is more in the Jump drive area, so I'm not real sure what all these extra wires are doing or what triggered them. I'll take a look at the logs, see if I can spot when the drive stopped performing as I expected. We might want to get some sleep before trying to fix the ship, or get more specimens."

I took the additional time +2 modifier for this roll
Pilot/EDU roll to determine when the crash was triggered: 2d6+4 11

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

"I'm annoyed I didn't catch it either, but I was expecting assholes trying to run off with cargo or materials, not actively mucking with the wiring besides trying to steal it. Let me crash for a few hours and I'll poke around the computer some more. I need to think about how to go about this." Arianhod thinks about how she would go about pull off a job like this as she dozes off.

(Streetwise before bed, taking time, 11)

Awake again, she slurps the now day old cold coffee and begins to tinker with the computer and reboot it whatever it needs done.

(Elec(Computer), taking time, 12)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 17, 2023

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Rolf shrugs, leaves it to the geeks, and tranks out.

His dreams are complex, multicolor, and happily indescribable.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Trew Pisco

"Right, ya'll deal with the whats and the whys. I'll see about getting this bird in the air again so we can, and I repeat myself, bag us a bagua tree."

"Why ain't no-one laughin'?"

Fixing the ship (Mechanic 0, EDU +1, taking my time +2): 2d6+3 11

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mykkel posted:

Dan Jenks

"I knew I couldn't trust the slipshod security running the starport. My specialty is more in the Jump drive area, so I'm not real sure what all these extra wires are doing or what triggered them. I'll take a look at the logs, see if I can spot when the drive stopped performing as I expected. We might want to get some sleep before trying to fix the ship, or get more specimens."

I took the additional time +2 modifier for this roll
Pilot/EDU roll to determine when the crash was triggered: 2d6+4 11

The second you switched from cruise to landing is when the sabotage boards activated and caused the crash. Seems like the boards detected the difference and started interfering with the controls.

Ronwayne posted:

Aria Xsdottir

"I'm annoyed I didn't catch it either, but I was expecting assholes trying to run off with cargo or materials, not actively mucking with the wiring besides trying to steal it. Let me crash for a few hours and I'll poke around the computer some more. I need to think about how to go about this." Arianhod thinks about how she would go about pull off a job like this as she dozes off.

(Streetwise before bed, taking time, 11)

It's hard to say what's going on down there without being there to get a feel for it, but technically the security level within the spaceport itself is supposed to be 5. There's restricted zones, a couple shipyards, a lot of freight moving around -- a lot of moving pieces. Lotta money and high tech materials for such a small planet. Probably this was somebody who has familiarity? Might be a local? But why some nobodies like you? Who'd be gunning for this crew? It's somebody or some people who can bypass both local security and the ship's and get out without being noticed. They've either got connections or are very skilled.

Ronwayne posted:

Awake again, she slurps the now day old cold coffee and begins to tinker with the computer and reboot it whatever it needs done.

(Elec(Computer), taking time, 12)

Cloud Potato posted:

Trew Pisco

"Right, ya'll deal with the whats and the whys. I'll see about getting this bird in the air again so we can, and I repeat myself, bag us a bagua tree."

"Why ain't no-one laughin'?"

Fixing the ship (Mechanic 0, EDU +1, taking my time +2): 2d6+3 11

Working together, you're able to check over everything and undo the sabotage. There's a period of time where the ship's security logs have been blanked -- the gap starts before the meeting with Vic. Whoever did it must've been proficient with illegal intrusion software, which means highly skilled or heavily funded, and the whole process coulda taken... maybe an hour and a half? Extremely fast for this kind of work. The sabotage job would have started about 31 hours ago, then. Something like that.

But the coffee is real, good coffee. It doesn't hurt the process. Wherever Vic's getting it from it's legit, even a day old.

Unless you missed something, which you probably didn't, the ship should be good to go. Everything checks out and you can try to take off when you like.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Rolf hears the engine flux turbine spinning up and opens his eyes, comes yawning onto the bridge. "We good to go? Maybe take it easy on the lift, this sabotage is givin' me the shits. If that was Vic, I hope he isn't needing all his fingers for the next little while."

(maybe take longer on the lift-off, if that's possible?)

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Dan Jenks

assuming we can't get anything for Vic from our current location, Dan will head to our original planned landing location

"Anyone curious to know if Vic has enemies? Everyone relax, we're going to take a slow route to our next destination, while I make sure Jester's really fixed. Thanks Aria and Trew for getting the engine running."

Pilot Jester to next destination, taking our time: 2d6+3 13

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
well you could leave the ship where it is and pile into the grav car and fly that out into the forest if you wanted. If anybody has flyer (grav) skill they can just drive the car normally and don't need to roll as long as it's not adverse conditions or trying to do stunts. Strapping a tree to the car and flying back would need a roll, flying thru a storm would, but normal use will not.

i'm gonna call it you don't need to roll to land at the spaceport but any time you gotta move the ship between wilderness locations, that's a roll. If you wanna, decide where on this map to actually park the ship this time. Any non-mountain tile will have a 8+ location to safely land the ship on, inside an actual forest or other rough terrain would be 10+, you got a 13 so you're basically guaranteed a safe landing, even if you wanted to land on an actual mountainside or if it was storming.

According to the brief you're most likely to find these samples along the coast, near running freshwater. If you don't wanna do some scans or whatever, i'll plonk you down where it seems good enough.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

"Figure we should get some fresh water running out of those hills towards the sea, maybe put her down there? We can scan on the way in, snap a few pictures and put her down near some trees if we see 'em". Rolf taps one of the western hexes.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Dan Jenks

"Sounds good, Rolf. Can someone get scanning and run out a probe or two? Make sure we aren't stepping into something we shouldn't."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Trew Pisco

"Probes away, Cap'n. Whichever one of you is Cap'n."

Using probes to find bagua tree (Science 0, EDU +1, taking my time +2): 2d6+3 10