Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

SporkChan posted:

ANarc has 4 posts since the game began, so I couldn't think of any other case it could be. Plus I think, though I'm not 100% sure, that Maug has stated the 'vote out lurkers' case in prior games I've played with them.

Wait no 5. I didn't look at the time codes for one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Nep-Nep posted:

I waffled a lot on zoya in my own mind last game. Something I notice in this game that's consistent with last game is d1 zoya doing a fair amount of flavor posting. But that isn't necessarily alignment indicative and so I want zoya to explain what the post comparison I quoted is actually trying to say

##vote nep mostly vibes but i've seen scum nep pretend to needle and scumhunt hard twice before and this feels the same

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Nep-Nep posted:

Well while I"ve got you here, where do you stand on wologar? If you agree with sandwolf's dislike of the 'needling' how does that weigh for you compared to what you said about yami's post pinging you?

mild ping on woloHONKHONK, slightly more than my other pings, but that might just be me being sensitive since they voted me

more importantly, i'm used to games where lunching is not possible on D1 so i generally read almost everything D1 as a shitpost HOOONK and don't put any serious stock in my reads until stuff starts actually happening and i can re-read the posts with context

SporkChan posted:

And is Anarc based on anything other than 'vote all lurkers'?

Nep-Nep posted:

A quick search of maugrim's post history doesn't show me any talk about lurkers or voting lurkers, did I miss something?

now that this has been brought up and i think about it, though, anarc's lack of participation so far does concern me slightly (worried about leaving a trail of opinions to be dissected post-flips?)

last game (my first game) snooze avoided participating seriously the first couple of days and while i found that suspicious, i ultimately ended up just reading that as disinterested townie...... and then, well, it turned out she was the mastermind all along so :shrug:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

shwinnebego posted:

##vote nep mostly vibes but i've seen scum nep pretend to needle and scumhunt hard twice before and this feels the same

I'd buy that.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

shwinnebego posted:

I often like to envision my own scumhunting style early in games as being like ice fishing and this post feels like being dropkicked from behind while I'm still trying to figure out what tackle to use

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i can appreciate that ppl don't wanna vote someone who is generating content and posting reads D1 but i got a good feeling about this

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Somberbrero posted:

was rereading Yami's post history, not the thread, so sure that's fair. I'm wondering if anything else stood out in that exchange? I appreciate you commenting on the actual casework and not handwaving it, but it seems like a minor point in a longer discussion.

Yami is generally fitting the energy I expect from town Yami, though I found it nonsensical that he called himself an easy target.

As for you casework reads to me like you decided to come in the thread and call Yami scum and then after the fact tried to cobble a case together. You also mentioned in a post that you try to make yourself believe something sometimes just to see where it goes. I feel like that can at once be true and the audacity to do that and freely admit to it can apply to either alignment so I don't have a stance on you yet.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

shwinnebego posted:

i can appreciate that ppl don't wanna vote someone who is generating content and posting reads D1 but i got a good feeling about this

Yeah you shouldn't vote someone like that, you should dayvig them instead

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
as an aside I hope there is a dayvig in the game and the flavor is a knife-thrower who isn't actually good at their job

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Nep-Nep posted:

as an aside I hope there is a dayvig in the game and the flavor is a knife-thrower who isn't actually good at their job

If they hit scum they're p good imo

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Nep-Nep posted:

As for you casework reads to me like you decided to come in the thread and call Yami scum and then after the fact tried to cobble a case together. You also mentioned in a post that you try to make yourself believe something sometimes just to see where it goes. I feel like that can at once be true and the audacity to do that and freely admit to it can apply to either alignment so I don't have a stance on you yet.

this commits to nothing on my alignment and doesn't engage the core content from yami or myself.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

JosefStalinator (2): Zoya, Maugrim, Rhymes With Clue, Maugrim
wologar (1): SporkChan, shwiffles, shwiffles
Somberbrero (1): Yami Fenrir
Yami Fenrir (1): Somberbrero
Zoya (1): wologar
Maugrim (1): shwiffles, SporkChan, wologar, Zoya, SporkChan, shwiffles, wologar, JosefStalinator, Zoya, Rhymes With Clue, Rhymes With Clue
Nep-Nep (1): shwiffles
SporkChan (0): Yami Fenrir, wologar, Yami Fenrir, wologar
hambeet (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir

Not Voting (6): AnonymousNarcotics, hambeet, Maugrim, Nep-Nep, Sandwolf, Tired Moritz

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 06th, 2023 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Sandwolf posted:

He’s not even in this game!

That's tremendous.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

This still reads like a vote intended to be at least somewhat serious to me. I can't quite explain it, something about the wording in the first quote.

Spork also uses the point on Maug to snipe at me for some reason? Feels like a really weird thing to just throw in there.

This feels like an overreaction to an action that does nothing. Shwinn coming in makes it look worse.

Feels a bit overexplained to me, idk.

I just feel like something about the maug-spork-shwinn-wolo interaction stinks and spork seems to be at the center of it as far as I can tell.

Day 1, take it with a grain of salt and all, but that's where I am rn.

p good case here, would vote

i like my nep viberead tho plz vote nep

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

vote nep with me and your dreams will come true

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sorry I totally forgot about mafia all day. Will reread now.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Re: yami vs somber, it really feels like somber picked a target and then went back and found places in their posts to back up their assertion, rather than actually finding yami scummy to begin with.

However, based on somber's progression of thoughts/posts, I feel like it's coming from a town perspective, so I really don't want to vote for either of them today.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

shwinnebego posted:

I see you're riding the nep train p hard, who do you think is scum w them?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Feeling a bit under the weather but I haven't forgotten my promise, Yami.

Also following some of your guys' "reads" is pretty bizarre.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm a little sus on Stalin just bc they've posted a lot without actually saying anything. But the only other game I can remember playing with them they were posting a LOT and were scum so... Idk

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ditto with Zoya posting a bunch without saying anything but they seem to be new so I won't lunch them today.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I see you're riding the nep train p hard, who do you think is scum w them?

i’unno

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Would vote
AnonNarc has that Terminator thing going, seems on-brand for them. Would vote
Hambeet is funny, I don’t know what he means by “roll up” is this like the Twitter “unroll” thing? Would vote, unless ... yeah I don't know.
josefStalinator has not put in any scumhunting that I can see. Did votefinder shenanigans, NAI but kinda sketchy actually. Really Josef, scum again? Would vote, in fact am voting.
Somberbrero would vote just because he said twice that it would be the most fun if Yami were scum. Okay, why say that twice?
SporkChan would vote but it’s just vibes

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Alright I promised Yami some of my patented, Wins-praised* reads.

Let it be known that I hate Day 1 reads and I consider these about as accurate as me using a dowsing rod to find water, and they are 100% gut based, not evidence based. Let the vibes flow:

AN:

Ditto with Zoya posting a bunch without saying anything but they seem to be new so I won't lunch them today.

Re: yami vs somber, it really feels like somber picked a target and then went back and found places in their posts to back up their assertion, rather than actually finding yami scummy to begin with.

However, based on somber's progression of thoughts/posts, I feel like it's coming from a town perspective, so I really don't want to vote for either of them today.

A lot of "hrm, this ones doing this, but lol town" except on me, a mod confirmed town. Pings me as a scum trying to contribute without contributing and alienating anyone

Hambeet

hambeet posted:

clown facts

Did you know that clowns have been around since the time of the ancient Egyptians? That’s right! They were thought to have served a socio-religious role as the priest often played the clown role as well. Jesters were found in 300 B.C. China under the reign of Emperor Shih Huang-Ti.

Clown post

hambeet posted:

idk why people forget that relaxed beet is more than likely town beet.

like, think about rimworld 2 beet. posting at the high rollers high stakes table beet.

Town post

Maugrim posted:

It's mainly just the post where they voted me, it sounded very selfconscious and their clown RP since hasn't changed my mind.

It could absolutely be newbie awkwardness but I had no trouble townreading them in the last game. Regardless they probably get a D1 pass from me because it's their second game

Anarc I had the very mildest of pings from their opening post and another later one. In the absence of other reads it gets them on the list but :shrug:

Town

Nep

Nep-Nep posted:

Yami is generally fitting the energy I expect from town Yami, though I found it nonsensical that he called himself an easy target.

Nep always seems to be trying too hard - but nep was town last time and spent a lot of energy really scumhunting. I want more evidence that this is really scumhunting and not just them trying to misdirect. Town lean with furrowed brow

RWC

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Why are you not voting Josef?

Rude

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Eventually rope is swinging in pretty wide arc. At highest point of arc

suddenly

Clown, still on bicycle, flips!

And drifts slowly down to ring under umbrella

ok you can stop drum roll now

With a flourish, upon landing

Clown ##closes umbrella on Tired Moritz

Ta-daaaa!

But funny

Shitposting, could be scum cover, but might be day 1 shitposting. Slight scum ping redeemable with effort

Sandwolf

Sandwolf posted:

Idk how much my opinion means to you in this game yet, but I got strong townread from those somber posts about you. Not saying they’re accurate but it feels like somber really is seeing something and bringing it up, not trying to manipulate the game into falling into a Yami vote

townpost, unless its a gambit with somber. town conditional on this not being some alliance between the two

Shwinne

shwinnebego posted:

##tie zoya into a balloon dog shape

Good post

shwinnebego posted:

Kinda felt this tbh

shwinnebego posted:

But this feels weirdly strong, mitigating my town read

Somber

Somberbrero posted:

I want to back down off Yami because I find it stressful but honestly in my gut I feel I'm right even if it's for the wrong reasons.

This is so... stiff? Saying that it's the proper play pings me for some reason. Like, we all know that, why say it?

Just think back to when you have claimed Miller and compare internally.

A non-comment. Feels like scum compelled to vocalize their presence and acknowledgment, but in the most neutral way possible.

Yami cites this as an attempt to get others to vote spork. It feels really toothless?

Especially paired with these posts in context. I don't get the sense Yami ever really cared about flipping spork.

Strong town post, I think Somber correctly identified something

SporkChan posted:

...but Toal isn't playing?

:wrong:

SporkChan posted:

I didn't get the impression Yami was trying to get others to vote me, at least not after his initial push on me. He has admitted that the case on me is weak and could easily be a town with a different style.

However, the case on me has basically dominated D1, aside from funny clown antics. So Yami asking other's what they fell about it comes off to me as a way to drum up D1 content, get people talking, not necessarily a way to push the case on me.

SporkChan posted:

I've seen some people mentioning Zoya, what's the case there? Just reread and nothing jumps out at me.

And is Anarc based on anything other than 'vote all lurkers'?

Very conciliatory, asking questions without really doing anything or making enemies. Scum ping

TM

Tired Moritz posted:

Good morning guys *honk*

As much in this game as Toal. Null read but post more plz

Wolo

wologar posted:

I'm not voting Somber today. Squeamish solidarity.

Town post

wologar posted:

That's tremendous.

Thank you

Slight town lean but little info

Yami

Yami Fenrir posted:

Just feels right, but also

(Spork case here)

Spork is the one I'm least confident about, but shwinn noticably jumped on wolo hard over the flavor thunderdome.

While also basically not acknowledging any of the spork case. Feels like distraction kinda play. Popped in again after I called out somber.

Shwinn feels inappropriately aggressive towards wolo when wolo hasn't really... done much except vote spork.

As for Somber:

Note the wording here. It's not "I don't really have a case", it's "I can't write up the case I have right now".

I already pointed out that the call out isn't even correct, as I've tried to convince sand and beet, but also calling someone out over that on day 1 is kinda laughable in the first place.

This is a massive walk-back within minutes. Ignoring the fact that I was, y'know, asleep, we're suddenly at "Oh it might not really be your fault, but I'm keeping an eye on you... despite keeping the vote on."

Also, ofc, no comment on spork beyond "may just play more reactively than I'm used to."

Isn't that something that usually results in a scumread, anyway? I feel like there's something missing in between "there's a case on the person I'm not used to" and "the person casing is scum".

I'm not really good at explaining it but this feels backwards somehow, like somber started with me being scum and is working backwards from there.

Yami makes a good case. Yami also seems to be cozying up to me. I'm worried that Yami is bussing/trying to ingratiate themselves to town for a long con. Slight scum ping but kinda flip dependent and the most furrowed of brows.

Zoya

Zoya posted:

mild ping on woloHONKHONK, slightly more than my other pings, but that might just be me being sensitive since they voted me

more importantly, i'm used to games where lunching is not possible on D1 so i generally read almost everything D1 as a shitpost HOOONK and don't put any serious stock in my reads until stuff starts actually happening and i can re-read the posts with context

now that this has been brought up and i think about it, though, anarc's lack of participation so far does concern me slightly (worried about leaving a trail of opinions to be dissected post-flips?)

last game (my first game) snooze avoided participating seriously the first couple of days and while i found that suspicious, i ultimately ended up just reading that as disinterested townie...... and then, well, it turned out she was the mastermind all along so :shrug:

Yip yip!

3P ping, don't even ask me why. It's a gut feeling

AN: Medium scum ping
Beet: Strong town
JosefStalinator: mod confirmed masonry with toal
Maug: Reluctantly recognize my rival as town
Nep: Town lean with furrowed brow
RWC: Null shitposter, maybe slight scum ping from low effort
Sandwolf: Town lean but with terms and conditions
Shwinn: The slightest of town pings, but want to see Yami/Somber flip tbh
Somber: Strong town read
Spork: Scum ping
TM: Null, are they even here? zzz
Wolo: Slight town lean, need more info
Yami: Slight scum ping but the most furrowed brow possible, I can barely read their posts anymore (a good thing)
Zoya: 3P ping without any evidence

*small sample size

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote RWC

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

That was very sloppily edited. This is better:

Would vote
AnonNarc has that Terminator thing going, seems on-brand for them. Would vote to avoid NL
hambeet is funny, I don’t know what he means by “roll up” is this like the Twitter “unroll” thing? Would vote, would rather not today.
JosefStalinator has not put in any scumhunting that I can see. Did votefinder shenanigans, NAI but kinda sketchy actually. Really Josef, scum again? Would vote, in fact am voting.
Somberbrero--would vote just because he said twice that it would be the most fun if Yami were scum. If you say it once I believe it, if you say it twice it sounds like some kind of preconceived plan.
SporkChan--would vote but it’s just vibes

Anyway--these are players I would vote in order to avoid NL. I know it's supposed to be really bad to NL D1 but gee, we usually just dither around and ax some innocent townie, so I'm kind of relaxed about it. Relaxed to the point that there are players I would not vote.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sheesh that’s a lot of reads Josef

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Now on to players I would not vote, and I mean today unless something really substantial happens

Not today
Maugrim - asking questions, sharing thoughts. Would not vote.
Tired Moritz was supposed to pretend-disappear after I umbrellaed him and then appear elsewhere. He did not disappear then and also has not appeared elsewhere. Uh oh, what if it worked in a way not like I thought? But probably would not vote.
wologar-- only reason I wouldn’t vote here today is because of the thunderdome. Would like to know things about this action like, is this wolo’s only action? A bit nonplused by his content.
Yami--would not vote because of miller claim, at least not today.
Zoya has lightly defended wolo, then also lightly been pinged by wolo, and I can kind of relate. Also, day action.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

Sheesh that’s a lot of reads Josef

it was demanded

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hey Josef, make a list again, I'm bored

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

##vote RWC

Noooo I have another great balancing act for tomorrow!

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Lots of furrowed brows here, have I mentioned that will give you wrinkles?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JosefStalinator posted:

it was demanded

I demand you pick your scummiest person and try to convince me

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Somebody needs to vote Sandwolf, oh hey ##vote Sandwolf

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I forgot, also hambeet stole my trick water-squirting nosegay, would vote twice (if I could)

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also something I meant to say earlier but got sidetracked on.

I have a power that requires that the target is not in a masonry (and/or is a messenger, it's ambiguous on purpose).

I would appreciate it if people stated if this doesn't apply to them. I do understand if you don't want to say, though.

I am not a mason (again!) and not a messenger so pick me unless this is a destructive power.

Don't pick Josef, he says he's in a masonry with Toalpaz (again!)

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

FOR THE RECORD

I did not ever vote for Maugrim. I placed a joke vote on somebody not in the game, whose name shall not be mentioned again, and Josef shenaniganed it and made it count for Maugrim.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Weird, I had no internet for most of the day but I could read this game up to a certain point, just couldn't refresh.

When it came back I still didn't see any new posts. But after I posted--they were there. So some of my reads could have changed. And some didn't. Hmm.

Apropos of nothing, I went to the liquor store yesterday and bought two bottles of wine and two six-packs of beer. After I checked out the checker told me "Have a blessed night."

Did it look like I wanted to have a blessed night?

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Actually ##vote SporkChan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also something I meant to say earlier but got sidetracked on.

I have a power that requires that the target is not in a masonry (and/or is a messenger, it's ambiguous on purpose).

I would appreciate it if people stated if this doesn't apply to them. I do understand if you don't want to say, though.

I ain’t in no masonry