Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Come one, come all, to Giuseppe Burnham's Big Top, the most fantabulous, most amaztacular, most splendiferous show in town! We've got it all! Clowns! Trained animals! More clowns! And the greasiest popcorn this side of the Atlantic! Yessir, no matter what you're looking for, you'll find it at Burnham's Big Top, the finest show around! Witness death-defying stunts, heart-warming comedy acts, enchanting illusions and more! Come - the show is about to begin...

General Information

This is a role madness Mafia game for 14 players. There are no regular jesters (though there may be clowns), involuntary alignment changes, deliberately misleading role PMs, falsified flips or other similar mechanics involved.

Days will generally be approximately 48 hours long and nights 24 hours. Nights may end early if all actions are submitted; in that case leftover time will go into the day phase. The deadline will be approximately 9 pm UTC (5 pm EST), even if the day starts or ends early.

Eliminations will be by majority vote with hammer once majority is reached. No-elimination days are possible.

Cloacamazing! and Cubical Sucrose helped with improving the initial draft and proofreading. Thanks!

Rules and Regulations

Standard rules apply.
  • Discord is required to play. > DISCORD SERVER IS HERE <
  • Do not edit posts.
  • Do not post while dead, at night, or between hammer and flip.
  • Do not quote or copy-paste out-of-thread information like moderator messages or private chats. Paraphrasing the contents of such messages is okay.
  • Do not discuss the game with anyone outside of authorized channels.
  • Do not fake day actions. As an exception to the typical rules, you are permitted in general to keep posting while targeted by a day action.
  • Do not lurk. Less than 10 posts per game day will result in a warning, repeat lurking to more serious consequences. This minimum is reduced to 5 posts if the day ends more than 12 hours before deadline and removed entirely if the day ends more than 24 hours before deadline.
  • Night action results will generally be along the lines "Your action was successful", "Your action failed", and/or "Your target did X." Don't read too much into night action flavor and be aware that an action resolving successfully does not necessarily mean it resolved the way you intended!
  • In general, do not expect to be able to solve the game through flavor. Trying to is probably a mistake. I don't expect anyone to be familiar with the source material and non-town factions may have been provided with elaborate fakeclaims.
  • Most importantly, have fun and treat fellow players as human beings.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, always remember that your mental well-being is more important than a forum game. While antagonism and deceit are inherent features of social deduction games, there are lines that should not be crossed that may be highly personal. If you feel stressed out, abused, angry, or in any other way discomforted beyond what you feel is part of the game, do not hesitate to reach out and say so. Nobody will think ill of you if you have comments or concerns, or want to leave the game at any point, before the game or during the game. The following users have been suggested as points of contact if you do not feel you can reach out to me: The Traditional Games forum moderators, Leperflesh and Antivehicular; and Mafia regulars VoodooFly, Hal Insandenza, Bifauxnen, Monathin, Wologar, Maerlyn, EccoRaven, CCKeane, Opopanax, Sandwolf and Shellception.

Players
  1. AnonymousNarcotics (they/them)
  2. hambeet (he/him)
  3. JosefStalinator
  4. Maugrim (He/him)
  5. Nep-Nep (She/Her)
  6. Rhymes With Clue
  7. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  8. shwiffles (he/him)
  9. Somberbrero (He/him)
  10. SporkChan
  11. Tired Moritz
  12. wologar (he/him/whatever)
  13. Yami Fenrir
  14. Zoya

Hyper Crab Tank fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jul 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

my irl name is Giuseppe Burnham

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Society.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Spoiled obs.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Here for it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Okay sure unless someone else wants my spot

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tired Moritz posted:

Okay sure unless someone else wants my spot

I want Moritz spot, but in exchange, he can have mine

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
*crashes into thread*

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yes pls

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

*enthusiastic bike horn honking*

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Zoya posted:

*enthusiastic bike horn honking*

honk honk i'm in

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
This sounds like fun

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
But Doctor, I am Pagliacci signing up.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Squeezes into clown car...

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Alright after spelling bee and cultivator resulted in me winning despite making hilariously incorrect conclusions about the game state, I'll play here and have a totally normal time, if anyone drops a plot twist on me I'm gonna (something circus-like here)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’m new here can I join in?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Honk honk

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

All right, and we're full! Everyone get in Discord please. Game will start later today when I have the time.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

"Ladies and gentlemen, one and all, from near and far, welcome! Welcome! We have a grand show for you this evening, and you will not be disappointed!"

The mood was high in the big top, the stands packed to the brim with spectators looking for some good old fashioned entertainment and hyped up to the roof by the ringmaster.

"Let's give our first act a warm hand, everybody!"

When nobody materialized, the ringmaster spun around and laughed cheerfully.

"I guess he must be a little shy tonight, folks. Not to worry, he just needs some more applause!"

As the audience clapped their hands in rhythm, the ringmaster marched out and stuck his head through the flap separating the performance area from the backstage.

"Where is he? Don't tell me he just up and vanished on us again. Get him out here or I'll--"

The assembled performers looked nervous, even fearful. One of them finally piped up to give him the news.

Illusionis a.k.a. Pelle Hermanni, OBS-Aligned Prop Clown has been found crushed beneath a box of extremely heavy props!

quote:

As a night action, you may hand out a variety of useful items to another player.

##thick makeup: Your target is protected from the next three times an action would kill them.
##joy buzzer: As a day action, the holder of this item may ##buzz another player, killing them if and only if they represent a threat to the circus.
##lie detector: As a night action, the holder of this item may ##interrogate another player, learning if they had lied about anything this game.

The ringmaster grimaced, but quickly recovered.

"The show must go on, people. Go on, get out there! I don't care what you do, just put on a drat show! We'll deal with... this... ourselves."

Day 1 begins now!

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (14): AnonymousNarcotics, hambeet, JosefStalinator, Maugrim, Nep-Nep, Rhymes With Clue, Sandwolf, shwiffles, Somberbrero, SporkChan, Tired Moritz, wologar, Yami Fenrir, Zoya

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 06th, 2023 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 9 hours.

Hyper Crab Tank fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 7, 2023

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hello,

I am a Miller.

I am here to announce that I am a Miller in my first game of the day, as is proper Miller procedure.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Cool story bro

Now to more important matters:

HONK HONK

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

You are right, of course.

:honk:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maugrim, are you scum?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Yami Fenrir posted:

Maugrim, are you scum?

Still no. Are you?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maugrim posted:

Still no. Are you?

Nope.

All good then, resume :honk:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Genuine question has anyone ever done the scum D1 miller claim gambit before

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Why? Do you already think I'm scum?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
No, I think you're likely town but it's mostly because of the miller claim and I'm interested to know if it's a thing people try as a gambit.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

To actually answer the question, no I haven't, but I also don't play that often.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Lmao at the lie detector power

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Maugrim posted:

Still no. Are you?

##vote maugrim

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Shwinn gets it

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
@Clyde, who is the best clown in the circus?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

pictured: horus, before he faces the emperor

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

im glad illusionis is gone. they had it coming imo.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

hambeet posted:

im glad illusionis is gone. they had it coming imo.

I just wish they'd handed me the makeup before they were crushed.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Oh, almost forgot!

:honk:

There, now the honor of our sect is upheld.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

shwinnebego posted:

##vote maugrim

Yami and I had this exact same exchange in Touhou and I was town then too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Maugrim posted:

Yami and I had this exact same exchange in Touhou and I was town then too.

Exact same? Super suspicious!

...just read that D1 and wow, yeah. You did both have basically the exact same conversation in that one.

##vote Maugrim