Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean it’s not really an age thing Swift has been a thing for going on 20 years she’s remarkably resilient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

apologize for what you said and stop talking about it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean it’s not really an age thing Swift has been a thing for going on 20 years she’s remarkably resilient

She's way bigger now than she was at any time previously.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm just busting your big balls in that previous post. it doesn't matter to me. bengals 15 wins in a row starting tonight

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

The only one of those guys that *might* be better than Zach Wilson is Wentz. He still sucks and wouldn't get the Jets to the playoffs.

Are we sure Taylor/Travis isn't just a part of the heavy re-write to the NFL script after they lost so much material with Rodgers turning into dust?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

mcmagic posted:

She's way bigger now than she was at any time previously.

This is true. I think her concert is getting released in movie theaters soon and it'll probably do massive numbers.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Some dick tried to take her music from her and she owned him by re recording it all and became a billionaire.

You should not ignore her, she rules and also writes all her own songs which is more than you can for even someone like Madonna.

48 year old male who listens to metal and EDM most of the time checking in

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/ByChrisMason/status/1706370650141589537?t=bcgZ0EaQtdGQfoHP_fRdDg&s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

end of an era

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wandler20 posted:

This is true. I think her concert is getting released in movie theaters soon and it'll probably do massive numbers.

We moved Exorcist because she decided to drop it the same weekend.

It's looking like a $100m opening right now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Wow they might get out the contract. Lucky.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

There's an out after 2023 anyway but yeah

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Blind Pineapple posted:

The only one of those guys that *might* be better than Zach Wilson is Wentz. He still sucks and wouldn't get the Jets to the playoffs.

Are we sure Taylor/Travis isn't just a part of the heavy re-write to the NFL script after they lost so much material with Rodgers turning into dust?

I said this in another thread but why would any exec want to add Wentz to an unhappy locker room? The abrasive guy everybody hates that is also bad wont improve anything.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

How would that get them out of the contract?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I refuse to believe he's really been that bad. Some of it has to be the Chargers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I said this in another thread but why would any exec want to add Wentz to an unhappy locker room? The abrasive guy everybody hates that is also bad wont improve anything.

I sentence you to watch some Zach Wilson football if you don't think Wentz would be better. Wentz is bad, he's an unlikeable rear end in a top hat apparently, but he's massively, massively better at playing quarterback then Zach Wilson.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The entire locker room already hates Wilson as it is. They nearly revolted last year and the rumblings are already starting now after Week 3.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I refuse to believe he's really been that bad. Some of it has to be the Chargers.

It's both.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kalli posted:

I sentence you to watch some Zach Wilson football if you don't think Wentz would be better. Wentz is bad, he's an unlikeable rear end in a top hat apparently, but he's massively, massively better at playing quarterback then Zach Wilson.

So slightly better Zach Wilson is the solution? 2 hated bad qbs ain't saving jobs

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Harlock posted:

The entire locker room already hates Wilson as it is. They nearly revolted last year and the rumblings are already starting now after Week 3.

No one likes either of them, neither of them are very good on an NFL level (at least anymore) at playing QB. It will make the Jets locker room amazingly hostile with high school cliques and will possibly lead to fistfights.

I see no reason why the Jets should not sign Wentz. In fact they must.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Eagles and Colts need to swing a deal so one of them has the Taylor Swift backfield

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

wandler20 posted:

She broke the AMC Theaters presale record by $10 million lol

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Harlock posted:

Geno Smith can tell you how painful being a Jets QB can be

We could see an outright mutiny on SNF :munch:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pron on VHS posted:

Josh Rosen??

Ok we might have found the line where you just stick with Wilson

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Trevor Lawrence thing is baffling to me. He's playing badly. The offense is terrible. His EPA/play is atrocious. And yet PFF still loves him and I think Steven Ruiz probably moved him up to #2 in the Ringer QB rankings.

I think most people are assuming Trevor's still playing like late 2022 Trevor and haven't actually watched any Jags games this year because why would you. He's been overthrowing his receivers constantly and is delivering a few hospital balls on top of that. Nothing that can't be fixed and I'm sure he'll get back to his old self as the season progresses, but right now he's low-key bad.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Vikings are 0-3 and don't have a QB under contract for next year

Kirk for Zach let's go

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So slightly better Zach Wilson is the solution? 2 hated bad qbs ain't saving jobs

Slightly better is massively underselling how bad Wilson is. Wentz had 27 TDs and 7 ints for Indy just two years ago. Zack Wilson has thrown 17 TDs in his entire career. Wentz’s absolutely worst season ever is still a modest improvement over Wilson’s best.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

I think most people are assuming Trevor's still playing like late 2022 Trevor and haven't actually watched any Jags games this year because why would you. He's been overthrowing his receivers constantly and is delivering a few hospital balls on top of that. Nothing that can't be fixed and I'm sure he'll get back to his old self as the season progresses, but right now he's low-key bad.
I just read a thing about how Dougie P was the one calling plays last year but this year he was having his OC "Press Taylor" (yes this is apparently a person's name (I assume nickname?)) call the plays this year. At halftime yesterday Doug decided to start calling plays again, which is why the offense started showing some life in the second half.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

For as bad as you might think Carson Wentz is, Zach might be the 2nd worst QB over the last 10 years. Only Josh Rosen is worse by EPA and CPOE.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

where's the team cancer factor chart

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Jets should really reach out to Dwayne Haskins. He's not doing much these days and he's statistically better than Wilson.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I haven't knowingly heard anything from Taylor since Shake it Off but Love Story still slaps

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I'm in my 40's and I know guys who only ever listen to the bands they grew up with from the 80's and 90's and I find that idea really depressing.

It's somewhat natural though. When you're 16-25, it's a lot easier to hear the GREATEST SONG YOU'VE EVER HEARD. Each couple hundred new songs you listen to after that makes it tougher and tougher to have anything hit you with the same resonance. And that's before you get to the "Songs You Associate with College," "Songs You Associate with Your First Real Romantic Love," etc.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The Jets should really reach out to Dwayne Haskins. He's not doing much these days and he's statistically better than Wilson.

Reach out via oujia board?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

:eyepop:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Colin Cowherd account spotted.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

This post sucks OP

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I don’t think anyone’s job is in danger at this point, it’s just trying to salvage something of the season

But Wentz may make things worse, actually, and as a fan of chaos I’m all for it

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Freaquency posted:

I don’t think anyone’s job is in danger at this point, it’s just trying to salvage something of the season

But Wentz may make things worse, actually, and as a fan of chaos I’m all for it

He sucks a lot but there is no universe where Wentz is worse than Zach Wilson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:chloe: