Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Thank loving christ for Redzone

Forever and always, let Scott Hanson take the wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
So why not Nick Foles on the Jets? He seemed like a perfectly fine QB who can lead a good team to the playoffs. What's the deal with him being a FA?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LargeHadron posted:

So why not Nick Foles on the Jets? He seemed like a perfectly fine QB who can lead a good team to the playoffs. What's the deal with him being a FA?

The Jets aren't serious about actually trying to win games anymore this year OP.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

fartknocker posted:

Forever and always, let Scott Hanson take the wheel.

Best thing about Lions playing Thursday night means early window Redzone!

Also 3 game late window Redzone is interminable I dunno what this 9/3 split is about

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
I hope broncos bears is a 2-2 tie. This season has been cursed enough, let's have something good happe .

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hm

https://twitter.com/chanjones55/status/1707413353382166668

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Surely Chandler Jones is perfectly fine, nothing going on at all nope

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Skip the IG just put McDaniels in jail.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I 100% believed that McDaniels was capable of doing something petty and spiteful when Jones first started complaining about not playing but uh. Yeah, it definitely looks like Jones needs help

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Whats with the Lions getting three Thursday games this year? They had the opener, tonight, and then Thanksgiving. Weird to me.

LargeHadron posted:

He would die behind that OL and what mcmagic said.

MikeCrotch posted:

Also 3 game late window Redzone is interminable I dunno what this 9/3 split is about
Its infuriating and I hate it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Whats with the Lions getting three Thursday games this year? They had the opener, tonight, and then Thanksgiving. Weird to me.

Every teams plays TNF at least once now, right? And the Lions play a home game every Thanksgiving, so they're always gonna have two Thursday games. And they got the season opener because the season opener is a draw in and of itself and the league didn't wanna blow one of the Chiefs' really big marquee games (Eagles, Bengals, Bills, Dolphins) on something that was gonna get a lot of viewers just by nature of being the first game of football in six months. It was a calculated risk that the Lions offseason hype was real and they wouldn't poop their pants on a big stage.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

not only that but they play the Packers twice on Thursdays this year. can't imagine there's too many examples of two teams playing each twice on Thursdays in one season

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Yeah yikes he needs help ASAP wish he’d accept it

E: deleted dude needs help

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 28, 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I can imagine Josh McDaniels killing a guy.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

epic bacon posted:

not only that but they play the Packers twice on Thursdays this year. can't imagine there's too many examples of two teams playing each twice on Thursdays in one season

First time in 97 years

https://twitter.com/LionsPR/status/1707425169411543392

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

mcmagic posted:

I can imagine him trying

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

the Bears had a lot more primetime games before the forward pass was invented

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Chandler my boy the writer's strike is over and there is no need for insane new storylines.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If Chandler really wants McDaniels to die, he should have his brother drive him around.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

CTE brain

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Kinda would like the Chandler Jones slow brain car crash to stop being a story. That dude just needs help, someone take his microphone away.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Dimitrius Underwood vibes. I hope someone can get him the help he needs.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

Kinda would like the Chandler Jones slow brain car crash to stop being a story. That dude just needs help, someone take his microphone away.

I mean it sounds like someone tried with the whole "being involuntary taken to a psychiatric facility" thing but he was released. It sucks Jones seems to have nobody in his life willing or able to help him out. Or he's so far gone he won't accept help.

I could charitably see all this as McDaniels trying to "help" but doing it in the most ham fisted, aggro, confrontational way possible and making the situation even more volatile.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jones also has a history of using gas station bath salts, so that could be in the mix as well.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let's respect that someone is going through an extreme crisis, and is being supported to keep going through it by antonio brown on X.com, who is the worst person to ever exist and faked the hit.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Docjowles posted:

I mean it sounds like someone tried with the whole "being involuntary taken to a psychiatric facility" thing but he was released. It sucks Jones seems to have nobody in his life willing or able to help him out. Or he's so far gone he won't accept help.

I could charitably see all this as McDaniels trying to "help" but doing it in the most ham fisted, aggro, confrontational way possible and making the situation even more volatile.

Yes but we don’t need a bunch of twixxer account’s breathlessly resharing videos of him clearly experiencing a mental health episode

And tbh we shouldn’t be sharing those here

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Rough
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1707484078721613966?s=20

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Freaquency posted:

Yes but we don’t need a bunch of twixxer account’s breathlessly resharing videos of him clearly experiencing a mental health episode

Yeah you’re right I deleted it

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

mcmagic posted:

We all know there's only one coach who's got what it takes to kill a man

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

It is tough but the Packers are good at making the o line just work so it’s fine

Now if we could get people to stop running the ball please

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Freaquency posted:

brb starting up twixxxer.com, do not steal my town brothel of the internet idea.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This vid showed up in my youtube recs. Guy is a big Broncos fan who did live play by play of the game on Sunday. It's a 4 hour long video. The top comment has timestamps of every scoring play. He starts out mad, then becomes despondent, and by the end he's in utter disbelief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXgzSXYd9qs

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Cool news:

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1707493009196019719

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ehud posted:

This vid showed up in my youtube recs. Guy is a big Broncos fan who did live play by play of the game on Sunday. It's a 4 hour long video. The top comment has timestamps of every scoring play. He starts out mad, then becomes despondent, and by the end he's in utter disbelief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXgzSXYd9qs

lol this is amazing

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Codependent Poster posted:

lol this is amazing

Perna is pretty funny, him and Tom Grossi make a good youtube duo.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

My feeling is he will reaggravate it immediately. But at least there's a chance he will be able to play this year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Scipiotik posted:

Perna is pretty funny, him and Tom Grossi make a good youtube duo.

Agreed. Found Perna through Tom. Love their stuff

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
He has an entire video series about the despair of being a Broncos fan which appropriately started after the Colts/Broncos game last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZhUXLmwxUc

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus posted:

My feeling is he will reaggravate it immediately. But at least there's a chance he will be able to play this year

Do you ever let the warm light of joy enter your life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Mega64 posted:

He has an entire video series about the despair of being a Broncos fan which appropriately started after the Colts/Broncos game last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZhUXLmwxUc

Yeah, what a horrible experience it must've been winning 3/4 Super Bowls in like a 20 year span. Imagine the absolute horror of rooting for such an epic failure of an organization. I bet Lions fans have great pity for Broncos fans!

Two Decades of Spectacular Failure!