Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Victorious Radia posted:

i really dont get it lol, it literally can only be about the money

Being the coach at Alabama is like being the Pope of college football

(vvvv INSERT PENN STATE JOKES BELOW vvvv)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

JoPa was an enabler of a serial pedofile and rightfully should be burning in hell. Then the duck says, “well then, got any grapes?”

Manoueverable posted:

Absolutely no shot we get anyone even halfway decent. We didn't even get a recruiting bump from how this season went, it needs to be rebuilt again now that everyone is leaving. I'd be shocked if we made a bowl game next year.

Legit offer, I have a Bama hat around here somewhere that’s brand new. If you ou want on the bandwagon it’s yours.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Also how the hell do you say his name?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t understand why it’s so hard to grasp that the borderline psychotic types that make it to the very top of the coaching ranks aren’t simply looking for the cushiest job they can land. If they were they would have already settled at a lower level with a way lower effort reward ratio.

Right, if he wasn’t ambitious he could’ve just remained the HC at Sioux Falls for 60 years and they’d probably rename the school after him or something.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Warbird posted:

“Deh Bow-er”

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Man gently caress Bama. Going after 3 coaches at teams that just rebuilt themselves. Hope Deboer is mediocre and the fan base drives him out. Feel terrible for UW fans

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Warbird posted:

In three years “former Alabama coach Deh Bow-er”

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If there's one team to bandwagon, it's the 2023 bowl-eligible and 2024 playoff team 12 seed Northwestern Wildcats.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

In three years “former Alabama coach Deh Bow-er”

Bow as in “bow and arrow” not bow as in “Lil Bow Wow”

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Man gently caress Bama. Going after 3 coaches at teams that just rebuilt themselves. Hope Deboer is mediocre and the fan base drives him out. Feel terrible for UW fans

Looking at his career, it's to be expected. But man, he could have turned us into a powerhouse, alas...

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Maybe a bit of an off the board pick, but how would we feel about Jamey Chadwell at Washington?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Henchman of Santa posted:

He’s from South Dakota, he probably doesn’t love big city life on the coast.

Yeah, a lot of these guys (most definitely the white ones) are chuds who would relish the opportunity to go to some place like Alabama. My brain can't comprehend it but I can believe it

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Washington Huskies Coach Lane Kiffin

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Mike_V posted:

Yeah, a lot of these guys (most definitely the white ones) are chuds who would relish the opportunity to go to some place like Alabama. My brain can't comprehend it but I can believe it

I don’t think it’s especially fair to make it a race thing when the guy takes a more prestigious job than the one he had before.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Realtalk, I'm bummed for you husky fans. Also if this goober drops Georgia on his first game we will be soooooooo goddamn insufferable. You don't even know.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

General Dog posted:

I don’t think it’s especially fair to make it a race thing when the guy takes a more prestigious job than the one he had before.

I am addressing the claims of "HOW COULD ANYONE WANT TO TAKE A JOB IN BUMFUCK SOUTH/MIDWEST WHEN THEY'RE IN SEATTLE??"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Plus it’s not a great look for the 30% of non white people who make up Alabamas population who you know might like living there

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Whoa, Big 10, huh? Alright. Well, see ya later!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Weird, it's like giant piles of money will make living anywhere tolerable.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

"Alabama is a bumfuck third world country with no redeeming qualities and consists mainly of a population that is beyond redemption" is sadly not a new or exciting take. poo poo, we've been in the news every week this year and it's all been non racist stuff. I'm just as surprised as anyone about that.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

General Dog posted:

Maybe a bit of an off the board pick, but how would we feel about Jamey Chadwell at Washington?

I know he got a haircut recently but the man who was considered too much of a redneck for SEC and ACC jobs is not gonna fly in Seattle

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t understand why it’s so hard to grasp that the borderline psychotic types that make it to the very top of the coaching ranks aren’t simply looking for the cushiest job they can land. If they were they would have already settled at a lower level with a way lower effort reward ratio.

it's not about being cushy?? alabama and washington are lateral moves

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Victorious Radia posted:

it's not about being cushy?? alabama and washington are lateral moves

You can’t believe that.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Pete to Washington, if only as an interim for the year

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

A lot of high school kids had foregone NIL $$ to be coached by Saban. That is gone and they'll want to be paid. This may be turbulent for the alabama roster

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Yeah, comparing us to Bama is a ridiculous assertion, we've always been a second tier program at best.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
If DeBoer can coach up a center, they're fine

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dabo, Daboer, Daboest

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Price/Shula/Franchionne era wasnt that long ago

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

The Big Jesus posted:

Heard it was his wife’s health

This is the common wisdom amongst boosters. They say Miss Terry has early onset dementia.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Warbird posted:

You'll be saying "De-Booooo-erns" after two years :v:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

is this my age?? i remember when alabama would be considered a step back from a top B1G/PAC-12 team

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I mean up to the point where you’re competing for the title for sure. But he literally did that with his current team this year. That’s where it gets harder to understand the jump. I mean Bama is probably a better spot to consistently make the playoffs but it also comes with boosters and a fan base who’ll be up your rear end if things don’t go perfectly. Even the egotistical dudes have to recognize that there will be down years and it’d be good to be at a place that doesn’t run you out on a rail for getting 8 wins as you reload.

The prestige makes sense, especially for an ultra ambitious guy. That and greater admin buy in bc UW is a good school but they’re an academic institution first.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Victorious Radia posted:

is this my age?? i remember when alabama would be considered a step back from a top B1G/PAC-12 team

A little, yeah. Bama is a better job for all ways except that the fans are maniacal weirdos

And location

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Sorry UDub, that sucks. Selfishly didn’t want to see Lanning or DeBoer over there.

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

This sucks for Huskies fans, I'm sorry. I was filled with dread when I thought it might be Norvell this morning, I can imagine how much it sucks to actually have your coach poached like that.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

DaBear

GD_American posted:

This is the common wisdom amongst boosters. They say Miss Terry has early onset dementia.

Sabes has outright said that this isn’t the case and that they’re both fine.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

pillsburysoldier posted:

A little, yeah. Bama is a better job for all ways except that the fans are maniacal weirdos

We're passionate. It's harmless.*

* May not apply to the genus Quercus

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Definitely trust everything college coaches say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I mean up to the point where you’re competing for the title for sure. But he literally did that with his current team this year. That’s where it gets harder to understand the jump. I mean Bama is probably a better spot to consistently make the playoffs but it also comes with boosters and a fan base who’ll be up your rear end if things don’t go perfectly. Even the egotistical dudes have to recognize that there will be down years and it’d be good to be at a place that doesn’t run you out on a rail for getting 8 wins as you reload.

The prestige makes sense, especially for an ultra ambitious guy. That and greater admin buy in bc UW is a good school but they’re an academic institution first.

i guess. but a head coach chasing non-academic-first jobs is itself.. i mean i guess just saying a quiet part out loud