Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

ObamaAkbar. posted:

If you actually want him dead you better make that public info, right now tmor is just a lurker vote

Wat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I think for sure, no matter what base paint is not going to win the game. So to assure town victory, base should expose themselves and let us kill them.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Okay it’s tomorrow can someone catch me up on everything I missed

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Okay it’s tomorrow can someone catch me up on everything I missed

i openly don't know how to scumhunt effectively in this setup since town also wanted to protect their teammates and kill opponents D1 (usually, we look for such behavior as a hallmark of scum)

a buncha people seem to want to kill me for this

that's my summary

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

sharkmafia posted:

rather than scumhunting

since you have insights into how to hunt scum in this setup, share them

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

What’s the best practice on executing people based on avs because schwinn….

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Fancy tunneled me early, which seems more likely to be town imo

Obama, shark, and Foo are all insisting that people should "hunt scum" without actually engaging with the most pressing conversation here, which is how to hunt scum in this setup

Captain Foo posted:

Scum post, no conviction, wishywashy
“What do people think” shwiff what do you think

already answered this, yes i have no conviction, share the basis of your convictions, who you think is scum, and why

ObamaAkbar. posted:

schwinn using the setup to try and avoid scumhunting seems like a poor excuse.

who is scum and why? this is a wishy washy post seeming to imply that obama has insights into how to hunt scum in this game while in fact just following a train onto me (without a vote, no less)

okay gently caress ya'll i don't need your help i've figured it out, the way to hunt scum in this game is to find people who seem to imply that there's an obvious method to scumhunting in this setup where standard methods clearly don't work without actually offering any concrete reads based on transparent methods

obama is scum

##vote obama

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i also think foo and shark are likely to be scum

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

obama is in my masonry and he has done this same mealy-mouthed +1 of another person's read without any additional insights twice in the masonry (once regarding somberero, once regarding me again)

vote, and i can't stress this enough, for obamaakbar

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

obama is exhibiting symptoms of being shook scum in our masonry, he accused my read of being OMGUS and then when i asked him to reconcile that with (1) the content of my read that isn't about his vote on me and (2) my townread on fancy he instantly fell silent

shook af

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

wish i could thunderdome obama rn i'm so confident in this read

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Obama is not in my masonry so I’m fine voting Obama

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Hang on looking for funny alt

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

## vote Obungler

Fine

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

shwinnebego posted:

since you have insights into how to hunt scum in this setup, share them

man relax, it's only been a couple hours since i made that post and ive barely had any time to post at all since then

i agree that the proper method of scumhunting is non-obvious in this game. but my primary reason for making that post is to head off people saying 'well i don't want to vote anyone in MY masonry, they're on my team. and also i think we should just vote the base masonry hurr'

the fact that people are still saying that kind of proves that the point was warranted

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

As far as scumhunting goes, i agree with afqm that some amount of the scummy actions are going to be internal in the mason docs that can't be seen by the entire town

the best way to head this off is to be as open as possible when scumhunting your own teammates. that means giving the context, in the thread, for why you think they're scummy based on something they did out of thread. we should use the mason docs as little as possible for the purposes of scumhunting

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Also I'm of the opinion that anyone who is still pushing the 'we should eliminate the base masonry' thing looks worse. that's somberbrero and dans macabre currently

although if i had to pick one i'd say i'd pick the one that's framing it as a noncommittal question rather than 'well i dont want to vote anyone who's in my mason doc!" which is somberbrero

Somberbrero posted:

right, but afqm, we're pretty sure there's at least a scum in each masonry, right? so if we smash base, we're going to hit scum too and accomplish both objectives. what am i missing?

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

##vote somberbrero

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Right now, scum has no incentive to push any of the base paints because it narrows down the possibility of a scum being caught there by a significant margin so well I don't think the base paints should reveal themselves, I think they should be aware if people are sidestepping their content

Anyway, cube totally revealed themselves in the masonry, right? Lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I would like to see Obama post more because their scum play is just +1ing any case and lurking but again, Idk if Schwinne is saying the truth

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
And yeah I'm confirming that I'm in the masonry with Cap. Foo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Checking the masonry and everyone is being mean and saying I'm the scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tired Moritz posted:

Checking the masonry and everyone is being mean and saying I'm the scum.

Are they right?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

hold on i'm not being accused of lurking by tmor am i?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Someone chimed in saying I'm scum despite saying not reading thread and me making like five posts in the chat...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Sandwolf posted:

Are they right?

Unfortunately for them, no

ObamaAkbar. posted:

hold on i'm not being accused of lurking by tmor am i?

Ad hominem? Mmmm. Also hey, people turboed yesterday

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Wow

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I honestly didn't think i was '+1 ing' anyone. I think somber has made some suspect posts and i'm back and forth on schwinn right now because the heat that he's coming at me with kinda feels more towny.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Tired Moritz posted:

Unfortunately for them, no

Ad hominem? Mmmm. Also hey, people turboed yesterday

not trying to offend you , i'm just talking about this game in particular

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

sandwolf hasn't really posted anything game related, would also vote there

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I do not approve of the Keats vote btw. We know they're good at masonry sleuthing from the telephone game...

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

We have 13 people. And I know for sure only one of them is town (me). So I want to kill one scum today, out of the 12 remaining.

If I limit my scope to BASE masonry, I have 33% chance of hitting scum. If I look at all of you, I have 8% chance.

If I can make those numbers better by end of day great but otherwise I think focusing on BASE is the way to go.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

i do honestly think people are overthinking this set up. why not ignore the masonry aspect for now and just look for people doing anti-town things or posting weird suspicious poo poo like we usually do.

i can see scum using the setup as a crutch to avoid faking any scum hunting, it's one of the reasons i was so suspicious of schwinn before.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Tired Moritz posted:

I do not approve of the Keats vote btw. We know they're good at masonry sleuthing from the telephone game...

mister hindsight here

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Dans Macabre posted:

We have 13 people. And I know for sure only one of them is town (me). So I want to kill one scum today, out of the 12 remaining.

If I limit my scope to BASE masonry, I have 33% chance of hitting scum. If I look at all of you, I have 8% chance.

If I can make those numbers better by end of day great but otherwise I think focusing on BASE is the way to go.

i doubt base are going to offer themselves up though given this sentiment. unless the other masonries out themselves (very bad idea)

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

they should sacrifice themselves for the greater good

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

the good of my masonry

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I honestly didn't think i was '+1 ing' anyone. I think somber has made some suspect posts and i'm back and forth on schwinn right now because the heat that he's coming at me with kinda feels more towny.

Definitely agree Shwin’s heat today is coming from a townie POV. I don’t think he gets quite that heated/is capable of faking that heat.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dans Macabre posted:

Are you seriously suggesting we just kill the entire base paint masonry to find the scum within? Scum post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh christ but he could just be playing the other game (win with masonry)okay, I see why scumhunting is kind of hard here.