Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

consider that shark is mad because they're going to get flipped and then not because of the setup itself. i think it's crazy the guy yelling about lazy play has decided to walk instead of trying to convince anyone otherwise. all shark has to do is make a better case here. in fact ##vote shark I feel way more comfortable with this than whatever is going on around the other other masonry.

so should we call him.... left the game shark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dans Macabre posted:

I mean at this point we all agree that one of these :

sandwolf
hal
shark

is scum, right? that's the three left in base.

I still don't know I 100% agree, but it seems "likely"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dans Macabre posted:

sandwolf
hal
shark

Hey dans make a case

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
We are the Shade paints masonry.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

Hey dans make a case

I was gonna start with which one of them voted for keats but none of them did lol.
which makes us look bad, and also makes sense that nobody would want to axe their masonbuddy.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

can I just say I like the shark cases that somber posted

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Somber encouraged me to do this publicly so I'm whipping it out.

shades
shwinn
AFQM
Cpig
Obama
yuming

WHO SCUM: this is the hardest one for me. I'm thinking cpig because of the hilarious hammer, extremely low content. voting for masonbuddy (obama) seems like intentionally bad strategy (I know not everyone agrees with me)

base
CubicalSucrose rip
[s] Johnny Keats rip

Hal Incandenza
Sandwolf
sharkmafia

WHO SCUM: Shark. I agree with Somber analysis.

technical
Captain Foo
Dans Macabre
Somberbrero
Tired Moritz
Your Personal Muse

WHO SCUM: right now I'm thinking tm or ypm. I'm enjoying ypm play so I don't want to kill him especially since we see eye to eye on how to use images effectively.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

On these grounds I'm going to put my ## vote shark back

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Somberbrero posted:

consider that shark is mad because they're going to get flipped and then not because of the setup itself. i think it's crazy the guy yelling about lazy play has decided to walk instead of trying to convince anyone otherwise. all shark has to do is make a better case here. in fact ##vote shark I feel way more comfortable with this than whatever is going on around the other other masonry.

if i was playing scum this situation wouldn't have arisen in the first place, because i wouldn't have stuck my neck out to explain the setup and then protect my masonry

you're wrong, but I find the idea of needing to try to case one of the two people in a masonry with me again to be exhausting. What exactly am I supposed to say? Sandwolf I think is town and hal has basically no content. your case on hal was 'he hasn't done anything so i can't think of anything to mention.' The fact that this led you to go for me instead is very annoying

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

also if i was scum i'd be having a great time strategizing about how to manipulate the various factions instead of being very cranky

proceed with your case by all means, but you'll regret it. unless you're scum

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Obama said he’s irl busy till Sunday fyi

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Still think he’s scum. I’d also like to see cpig post. Scum cpig doesn’t hunt scum

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Shark’s frustration is town frustration most likely

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dans Macabre posted:

sandwolf
hal
shark

You really seem insistent on killing among this predetermined group of folks with absolutely no conviction that any of us are actually scum.

This is scum who knows this isn’t gonna be fruitful I think

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Hal is the only base player who hasn’t exhibited seemingly genuine frustration. It seems somehow unsporting to vote him on this basis but I do think he’s likely the base scum now

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dans Macabre posted:

On these grounds I'm going to put my ## vote shark back

Nah man, absolutely not ##vote dans

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

You really seem insistent on killing among this predetermined group of folks with absolutely no conviction that any of us are actually scum.

This is scum who knows this isn’t gonna be fruitful I think

I disagree. I have conviction that ONE of you is scum I just. don't know who for sure. I'm starting with Shark though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

sharkmafia posted:

if i was playing scum this situation wouldn't have arisen in the first place, because i wouldn't have stuck my neck out to explain the setup and then protect my masonry

you're wrong, but I find the idea of needing to try to case one of the two people in a masonry with me again to be exhausting. What exactly am I supposed to say? Sandwolf I think is town and hal has basically no content. your case on hal was 'he hasn't done anything so i can't think of anything to mention.' The fact that this led you to go for me instead is very annoying

that's a strange reaction to having relative surety that you know someone is scum. i would think that would make it easy for you to lock in a Hal vote but what do I know? i apologize if my play is annoying but i'm not sure how else i'm supposed to identify the members of the 'mafia' in this instance.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

shwinnebego posted:

Hal is the only base player who hasn’t exhibited seemingly genuine frustration. It seems somehow unsporting to vote him on this basis but I do think he’s likely the base scum now

In total fairness to Hal, he has been consistent that he is very busy at the moment and can’t devote much time to this game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

that's a strange reaction to having relative surety that you know someone is scum. i would think that would make it easy for you to lock in a Hal vote but what do I know? i apologize if my play is annoying but i'm not sure how else i'm supposed to identify the members of the 'mafia' in this instance.

I think shark and I are both leaning towards Hal (feel free to correct me shark) but he’s been upfront about not being around for non-game related reasons. We’re obviously not eager to encourage this stupid loving line of logic and certainly not against someone we know is basically an excused lurker.

This is why we’re getting so us vs. you about this poo poo, you’re trying to kill one of us on the supposition that one of us is scum, when I don’t think anyone really has reason to believe that yet. Yes I agree it’s likely, but we’re not about to jump over ourselves to cannibalize our own masonry on a whim.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

shwinnebego posted:

Obama said he’s irl busy till Sunday fyi

lol, lmao actually though.

Sandwolf posted:

I think shark and I are both leaning towards Hal (feel free to correct me shark) but he’s been upfront about not being around for non-game related reasons. We’re obviously not eager to encourage this stupid loving line of logic and certainly not against someone we know is basically an excused lurker.

This is why we’re getting so us vs. you about this poo poo, you’re trying to kill one of us on the supposition that one of us is scum, when I don’t think anyone really has reason to believe that yet. Yes I agree it’s likely, but we’re not about to jump over ourselves to cannibalize our own masonry on a whim.

you think there were zero scum in your starting masonry of 5?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

lol, lmao actually though.

you think there were zero scum in your starting masonry of 5?

Are you positive there is scum in your starting 5? If so I’m more than happy to start with your masonry instead of mine :)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

Are you positive there is scum in your starting 5? If so I’m more than happy to start with your masonry instead of mine :)

i mean yeah that seems like the most likely scenario by a wide margin. i could be talked into a tmor vote for sure, but this whole line feels pretty disingenuous from you given the mason wincon. i understand you want to protect your crew, i'm not pushing for Base elimination as part of that. I'm following the line of logic i laid out earlier itt where it seems like the most efficient way to hunt scum.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sandwolf posted:

Please do so

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
voting BASE is bad. vote shwinn with me instead

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The way i see it most non base players should case base but base should case whoever (if they want to case outside the masonry that makes sense and they should do so)

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
"there's less alive people in their masonry so there's a higher probability of hitting scum"

this isn't the roulette table, this is mafia

either hunt scum or be scum

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

"there's less alive people in their masonry so there's a higher probability of hitting scum"

this isn't the roulette table, this is mafia

either hunt scum or be scum

this argument itself is getting really tired

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Make a case on someone in my crew and I’ll vote for em this poo poo ain’t nothing to me man

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Sandwolf posted:

I think logically yes, hal is likely to be the scum in the masonry. I think you have been playing pretty townie, and hal has made a post or two that seemed noncommittal and hedgy. But i am not eager to vote him when my argument mostly comes down to 'process of elimination.' I don't have much conviction about my choice and if I'm wrong the chances the base mason team has of making something happen lategame re: our other wincon fall from low to nonexistent. everyone else in this game doesnt care much about this because they're on different teams

plus yeah, there's the fact that hal has been absent not because of his alignment but because he has poo poo going on. i'd prefer to give him a day

i'll read people not in my masonry before deadline (as best as I can given I can't see the other mason docs) since I do agree that's the best use of a lovely situation

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Dans Macabre posted:

Make a case on someone in my crew and I’ll vote for em this poo poo ain’t nothing to me man

i thought we were friends

I'm sitting sick in an airport (and will be for FOUR HOURS BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT IS BAD) (SOMEONE START A COUP) (IN MINECRAFT)

do NOT bother me

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

guys I'm gonna just go on vacation for 3-4 days nobody vote for me or be suspicious of me

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Town's gonna do great

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dans Macabre posted:

guys I'm gonna just go on vacation for 3-4 days nobody vote for me or be suspicious of me

I have good news dans, you don’t need any of the basonry’s votes to kill someone in the basonry

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

That is great news

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dans Macabre posted:

That is great news

Let’s hold hands and kiss

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Vote Obama