Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

also i think its very funny that grandi is voting yuming based on something he saw in a dream so i'm on board ##vote yuming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

snipe

sharkmafia posted:

yeah im always very impressed when people manage to sound like they have conviction about their day 1 case

this ^^

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

gently caress, shameful

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

sharkmafia posted:

also i think its very funny that grandi is voting yuming based on something he saw in a dream so i'm on board ##vote yuming
##vote shark

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

yuming posted:

:qq: my phone at my reply.

This is like a weirdly chill D1 so it is hard to get actual reads about when we’re just talking about melon ballers.

The Cube vote was wholly a joke and I think it’s clear Grandi is working backwards here.

re: Opop that was me taking a shot in the dark to try and get a reaction or something. I had a vague sense that Opop could fit as scum here since he was happy to continue kitchen banter and not much else. However that’s not exactly unusual from what I remember of his play.

Grandi I’m not sure yet. What do you think of my response Grandi :sun:

You are right, I am working backwards. I definitely wouldn't be pursuing you over it if it wasn't for the dream. First because I enjoy playing with you, so it wouldn't be worth it to go for on a whim, and second because I don't like low content targets d1 because of the lack of info it gives. But for today I am more willing to give credit to dream me because being a dream prophet would be hella cool.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

yuming posted:

But like let’s talk about Grandi making this into a serious vote.

Does anyone else think this is a serious vote? Cmon Grandi.

No. Even I don't think it was a serious vote. I was saying it was 1 of 2 game related posts you made, and it was only barely a game related post because it was psuedo-joke post stuff.

Did I phrase it poorly?

Grandicap posted:

Two vaguely game related posts. It's arguable in the first one, because it isn't really a town call, it's a response to TM saying they are town. And the second is the lowest of low hanging fruit. The lack of interaction in general feels off for town yuming as well. Even in the non-game related things, it feels stilted.
Am I giving my sleep brains too much benefit of the doubt?
Maybe, but I'm voting there so I can declare myself a prophet of the kitchen1 if I am right.

##vote yuming

1Prophet of the Kitchen is not indicative of a role based claim

No, I don't think so, I said the first one was arguably game related, because it isn't really a town call.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

sharkmafia posted:

yeah im always very impressed when people manage to sound like they have conviction about their day 1 case

Get better at sounding like it

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

We need more townies to deftly use dishonesty in their posting. Scum has it easy with these honest towns

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Johnny Keats posted:

We need more townies to deftly use dishonesty in their posting. Scum has it easy with these honest towns

extreme honesty is how i prefer to play town, doing anything else is uncomfortable

also based on the games ive seen so far scum seems to win rather rarely here. sample size of four though

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

High power games do that, I think. I'm definitely not salty scum from some of those games

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Johnny Keats posted:

I actually think I agree with this these days

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote shark

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Johnny Keats posted:

Disagree. Just be more honest as scum.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

I cannot tell a lie: i'm great at mafia

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

CubicalSucrose posted:

I'm intrigued...

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

One of the best things about mafia is how we all have different and subjective ideas about what's general good strategy. My view on the thread is radically different from the norm. I see it firstly as the place scum gets their primary information from. 2nd, it is the forum in which to coordinate with other towns, but never forgetting the first thing.

It's only my perspective, but if you're interested in experimenting with mafia playstyle, try it out

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Grandicap posted:

No. Even I don't think it was a serious vote. I was saying it was 1 of 2 game related posts you made, and it was only barely a game related post because it was psuedo-joke post stuff.

Did I phrase it poorly?

No, I don't think so, I said the first one was arguably game related, because it isn't really a town call.
Eh fair enough but that was 100% joke post. The Opop vote was left ambiguous to try and get a reaction which I knew could be read as scummy.

It was good bait. Dream bait? lol

I am not reading as Grandi as scum here.

But let’s turn our attention to shark here woof that is not a good look.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CubicalSucrose posted:

Hey, answer my question pretty please.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Mr Keats is reading very town to me for some reason.

I don’t usually have a good read on him but I think I’ve figured out his town POV enough to try and find it across games.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

yuming posted:

Like I can imagine Opop as scum but I can imagine p much everyone as scum right now this game has a weird vibe.

The main “case” I’m not on board with is Maer because she seems like she’s sticking her neck out to make some content when there’s little pressure to do so.

##vote yuming this is also a scum post. Town yuming larkishly rolls with the inherent stupidity of D1, playfully engaging with the idiocy of others while offering her own idiocy in turn. This standoffish critique of day 1 play is coming from a scum place of not knowing how to engage.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

good use of 'larkishly,' shwinn

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I could see scum yuming trying to back off once I start getting votes but I'm not convinced yet. Kind of jumped on me out of nowhere and it felt genuine

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

shwinnebego posted:

##vote yuming this is also a scum post. Town yuming larkishly rolls with the inherent stupidity of D1, playfully engaging with the idiocy of others while offering her own idiocy in turn. This standoffish critique of day 1 play is coming from a scum place of not knowing how to engage.

Didn’t the last game yuming roll scum in she literally had no idea how to post? This feels a sight more comfortable than that

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

yuming can post as scum she just doesn't like it

however the fact that she voted me immediately, presumably because she didn't like that i was voting her based on grandicap's dream prognostication, feels like a more town-yuming kind of indignation

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I thought it was a pretty poor showing considering people were suspicious of like our whole scum team D1, yes.

shark and Cube I am the most suspicious of here I want to hear more especially from Cube.

shark hasn’t really engaged in anything up to this point.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

yuming you should know very well that i won't post anything of value until i feel that i have something of value to say. you can't force these things

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

shwinnebego posted:

I’m just frustrated not to be able to get any good reads. Though happy to contribute to some actual content and dream weaving ofc.

Still waiting Cube.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

that said you gettin' cranky about it does give me a datapoint so ##unvote

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

uhhhhh

##unvote

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Well deadline is tonight so we gotta drum something up ##vote Cube

HEY PLEASE ANSWER WHY DID YOU VOTE ME tia

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

People sure are piling up on yuming, I should probably read the posts

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

yuming posted:

wow gently caress it is what the gently caress

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Also Fancy has zero content posts did they forget they were in this game?

I had a good Town read on them last game would like to see some of that conviction here.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'd be on board to exec yuming

What the heck does "weirdly chill d1" mean, this is what d1 is always like

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

sharkmafia posted:

wow gently caress it is what the gently caress
? ? ?

I am asking Cube to explain why he is voting me is that not what you read that as?

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

no, i am saying that i am shocked that the deadline is in five hours

maybe it's because i was focusing on the other, concluded game up until today but this is a distressing revelation

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Dans Macabre posted:

I'd be on board to exec yuming

What the heck does "weirdly chill d1" mean, this is what d1 is always like
Then vote me. It means the game feels like it’s just floating down the lazy river. Usually there’s at least a good slap fight or something.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

sharkmafia posted:

no, i am saying that i am shocked that the deadline is in five hours

maybe it's because i was focusing on the other, concluded game up until today but this is a distressing revelation
Slightly more distressing for me :sparkles:

I get it now and glad that game is over so I can use my reads from that game freely~

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

yuming posted:

Oh sorry I was running. Running is awful.

Uhh...voted you because Grandi had a dream where you were scum, and because I'm suspicious of the early interaction between you and wins. Felt manufactured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hollow.

Cube is scummy imo.