Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

TM pushes for me, I flip VT and he goes "well then obviously Dans is lying" and pushes that next.

Also Dans and I are scum doing ? But rwc isn't even though they are essentially the same as Dans but shadier. It's such a blatant interference run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

because to be clear, if he's town, he's definitely a vig. if that was not a vig then he's almost certainly not town, since he lied about what he was doing

which means the possibilities for a gunsmith investigation are

1. dans is a town vig. POSITIVE
2. dans is lying and is scum. POSITIVE
3. dans is lying and is third party. NEGATIVE(possibly)

this is a loving worthless investigation, unless we're looking to find third party. the most important thing to do in the game is to find scum, generally

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Opopanax posted:

TM pushes for me, I flip VT and he goes "well then obviously Dans is lying" and pushes that next.

Also Dans and I are scum doing ? But rwc isn't even though they are essentially the same as Dans but shadier. It's such a blatant interference run

i still think moritz is doing the 'paranoid townie' thing again, and actually its fos that's the scum who's sitting slightly in the background and encouraging this. see also fos's behavior re: rwc, which (to me) really made it look like they were on the same team

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

sharkmafia posted:

To reiterate, the order of events today:

1. I claim gunsmith and say i got a positive result on rwc. note that this was an unforced action; nobody was yet under threat.

2. after I do this, rwc claims that she is a nightvig and attempted to kill opop. and possibly that she was redirected or something. Opop is the player in the game that has been shown to be able to resist at least one kill action for an unknown reason. So this is a convenient reason why the action might have failed.

Here is the verifiable information that the whole town knows:

1. RwC has a killing role. This has been essentially verified by my and rwc's claims combined.

2. There was one nightkill last night.

Everything else about this 'situation' is entirely based on RwC's word. We have no proof that she tried to visit opop, or was redirected, or did anything last night, even. Her claim is inconsistent with the only actual fact we know about last night's kill, which was that there was precisely one kill, on a player generally seen as relatively town, and who is also a good town player in general. therefore a very plausible person for scum to target.

It seems absurd to build castles of supposition purely on the basis of the unverified claim of a person for whom the simplest explanation is simply that she is one of the likely 3 in 11 players in the game who are currently scum

quoting for new page, because we've gotten so heavily into the weeds. just the facts, ma'am

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

sharkmafia posted:

note: inconsistent because it requires further layers of supposition to explain it, as opposed to the obvious explanation of 'the scum killed yuming, and no other kills occurred'

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Aw jeez does this mean we all have to reiterate everything because new page?

Just go back, it's not that hard.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Opopanax posted:

Then can you explain why you're still alive

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Because if you can't then why are you getting mad at me for trying to find out

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

hey moritz remember in abba mafia when you got a theory in your head and singlehandedly swung the elimination away from egalz and onto fool of sound, and then fos flipped town and egalz flipped scum

kind of similar, actually! not just because you were wrong but because it was also about you freaking out about a weird game interaction that you didn't understand

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

## vote Busta Rhymes

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

i say this because i think you're town. i dont think an actual scum would absolutely go to the mat for a teammate who had a claim against them like this

just something to consider

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

sharkmafia posted:

hey moritz remember in abba mafia when you got a theory in your head and singlehandedly swung the elimination away from egalz and onto fool of sound, and then fos flipped town and egalz flipped scum

kind of similar, actually! not just because you were wrong but because it was also about you freaking out about a weird game interaction that you didn't understand

Okay but do you think oppo and Dans posting are even good this game

Even if you think I'm paranoid about their roles, their postings aren't good? So theyre sus on role actions and sus on posting. Why are we still keeping them around

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

There are players in this game who know I'm not gonna flip scum. Just saying.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Even if RwC is caught scum, this could easily be distancing towards opop

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Tired Moritz posted:

Even if RwC is caught scum, this could easily be distancing towards opop

that's fair, it could be a bus, given that i should have been pretty clear to the scumteam that rwc was going to go down the second i made that claim

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

of course the risk of that course of action would be opop actually getting killed

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Then RwC will look good

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

personally i still think its more likely that opop is town, but if you're absolutely determined to off one of them, then opop over dans. not today though

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I once (as scum) vigged my scum teammate and nearly made it to endgame

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Also Dan coming in the middle just to drop a vote on rhymes is so bad, like come on

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If Dans is indeed a town vig, he's naturally going to be pretty suspicious of another claimed town vig in a 15 player game

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

Also Dan coming in the middle just to drop a vote on rhymes is so bad, like come on
She's claiming my role which I'm gonna say low chance she actually has, killing role she confirmed she has, so this is a no brainer. I'm not going to make 120 posts about it.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'm not voting anyone other than RWC today. Shark has a gunsmith result on her, she's claimed she tried to shoot Opop.

I don't believe Dans and RWC are both town vigs, I also don't believe Opop is just VT or doesn't know why he hasn't died (theoretically twice now)

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

I'm not voting anyone other than RWC today. Shark has a gunsmith result on her, she's claimed she tried to shoot Opop.

I don't believe Dans and RWC are both town vigs, I also don't believe Opop is just VT or doesn't know why he hasn't died (theoretically twice now)

Don't forget two days of Opop dodging the noose.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Dans Macabre posted:

She's claiming my role which I'm gonna say low chance she actually has, killing role she confirmed she has, so this is a no brainer. I'm not going to make 120 posts about it.

I didn't actually claim your role. You said you're the chef. Well, I'm the chef's knife.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Shark - it might not make sense to actually share the details, but one thing to ask the mod is: Does the Gunsmith result reflect:
A) "Current ability to kill?"
B) "Ability to kill at any point in the game?"
C) "Sucks to suck, not going to tell you read your PM"

If it's B, then yeah, picking Dans would be awkward.
If it's A, then there's a stronger case to have picked Dans at some point (because they claimed one-shots).

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Anyway I think that's everyone, gonna hammer in like 10 minutes if no one else has anything to say right now.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

mod says its B

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

sharkmafia posted:

mod says its B

Ah well, fair enough.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##vote RwC

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Look on the bright side, Rhymes With Clue: you can't be accused of lurking anymore!

Votecount for Day 3

Rhymes With Clue (6): sharkmafia, Sandwolf, Grandicap, Opopanax, Dans Macabre, CubicalSucrose
Opopanax (1): Rhymes With Clue

Not Voting (4): fool of sound, Johnny Keats, Maerlyn, Tired Moritz

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 15th, 2024 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Rhymes With Clue, The Chef's Knife, SELF-aligned Serial Killer, was forced back into her sheathe D3!

quote:

You are The Chef’s Knife, SELF-aligned Serial Killer. At night you may take one of two actions:
##kill - Kill another player.
##sharpen - Make your next kill attempt unstoppable. While sharpening you activate a one-shot immunity to kills. All attempts to block this action will fail.
You win when you are the only player left alive.

It's Night Three, you know the drill.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Sandwolf, The Vegetable Peeler, TOWN-aligned Vanilla, was found caught in a pile of artichokes N3!

quote:

You are The Vegetable Peeler, TOWN-aligned Vanilla. You have no powers except your vote.
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

It is now Day Four. Deadline is noon on Saturday, EST.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (9): CubicalSucrose, Dans Macabre, fool of sound, Grandicap, Johnny Keats, Maerlyn, Opopanax, sharkmafia, Tired Moritz

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 16th, 2024 at noon EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Cool.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Who I think is TOWN:
Dans Macabre
CubicalSucrose
Opopanax
sharkmafia

Therefore I plan to read from these:

fool of sound
Grandicap
Johnny Keats
Maerlyn
Tired Moritz

I am of course not interested in reading all five so if anyone has suggestions for my focus pls let me know!!

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

opop: no killing action

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

votefinder posted:

:redhammer: Look on the bright side, Rhymes With Clue: you can't be accused of lurking anymore!

Votecount for Day 3

Rhymes With Clue (6): sharkmafia, Sandwolf, Grandicap, Opopanax, Dans Macabre, CubicalSucrose
Opopanax (1): Rhymes With Clue

Not Voting (4): fool of sound, Johnny Keats, Maerlyn, Tired Moritz

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 15th, 2024 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

I am trying to look back and see who is most suspicious of RWC flipping town.
Scum would know RWC wasn't scum. There was only 1 kill N1 and 1 kill N2, so they wouldn't immediately jump to SK. They would wonder if shark got a false positive somehow, so they wouldn't want to tie their wagon too closely to a vote here, so either one of the non-voters or one of the lukewarm RWC voters is where I'm focusing.

The one from that group I am clearing is TM. The lound unabashed Opop lying stuff is, I feel is wrong and a distraction, but also feels like it comes from the heart. That is misguided townie mindset 100%.
So I think the pool I am looking at is Fool, Keats and Maer. With a side of Cube, who expressed willingness to vote immediately, and also hammered early, feels a bit skittish.

But I think the scummiest of that crew is Keats.

Johnny Keats posted:

Do you think flipping RWC as a town vig will confirm Opop as scum? If so I'm down to check

No vote on RWC. Automatically, subconsiously assuming she is going to flip town vig. Trying to leverage it into an Opop vote. Unprompted RB claim. It's all there.

##vote Keats

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

also if moritz isnt town i will be extremely surprised. nothing specifically clearing him but i don't think that stuff yesterday was easily faked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Agree that that level of arguing from TM is most likely town

Shark is at worst a scum gunsmith but I wouldn't pursue that right now...I am a bit surprised shark wasn't the NK choice but maybe scum assume he's protected.

I also don't think a "can't kill" result on Opop is cut and dry proof he's town but probably best to focus on others today.