Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Somebody blocked me last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Dans Macabre posted:

Who I think is TOWN:
Dans Macabre
CubicalSucrose
Opopanax
sharkmafia

Therefore I plan to read from these:

fool of sound
Grandicap
Johnny Keats
Maerlyn
Tired Moritz

I am of course not interested in reading all five so if anyone has suggestions for my focus pls let me know!!

Why is Cube in your town list? I'm just curious, I'm null on him at the moment

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I'm not discounting the idea that shark is a scumsmith in a game with a serial killer and a vig, but I think I'm unwilling to vote opop unless we test shark first.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 2

AFancyQuestionMark (7): yuming, yuming, Dans Macabre, yuming, Sandwolf, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, Opopanax, sharkmafia, sharkmafia, Rhymes With Clue, Maerlyn, sharkmafia
Opopanax (4): Johnny Keats, yuming, AFancyQuestionMark, yuming, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, Maerlyn, Rhymes With Clue, fool of sound, Maerlyn, Rhymes With Clue, Tired Moritz
Maerlyn (1): Grandicap, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, fool of sound, fool of sound
Rhymes With Clue (1): sharkmafia, sharkmafia, CubicalSucrose, sharkmafia, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, sharkmafia
Johnny Keats (0): Dans Macabre, Opopanax, Dans Macabre, Opopanax
Dans Macabre (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
Tired Moritz (0): Maerlyn, Maerlyn
Sandwolf (0): Opopanax, Opopanax

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 12th, 2024 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

To my annoyance is looks a lot like the swerve onto Fancy was just town huffing its own farts unless, again, shark is a scumsmith and they're pulling a gambit with opop.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Johnny Keats posted:

Town roleblocker checking in

fool of sound posted:

Somebody blocked me last night.

Hmmmm

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Two dead town, vig dans, an opportunistic SK vote, opop/maer/shark

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Johnny Keats posted:

My thoughts on that are I just noticed I'm a miller this game.

Would Keats be this cheeky as scum?

Maybe

I'm going to keep looking at his posts later but I have to get back to work

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Maerlyn posted:

Would Keats be this cheeky as scum?

Maybe

I'm going to keep looking at his posts later but I have to get back to work

Keats always posts poo poo like that tbh.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

note: i think this investigation is very likely to be reliable because in a game with this much vanilla, i dont believe that opop is both a godfather and whatever role he'd have to be hiding to resist a kill

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

the 'town roleblocker' claim seems plausible from keats, i'd expect that a roleblocker and either a second investigative role or another weak-ish protective role would fit for the remaining unrevealed town power roles. and it seems likely that if scum had a roleblocker they would have roleblocked me last night

which is not to say that he's cleared but he did post that super early

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

actually yuming flipping tracker means probably weak protective role over investigative role. which is a shame

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

anyway regardless

PROBABLY TOWN
dans (likely vig)
opop (gunsmith investigation: no kill)
moritz (if he's scum i'll eat my hat)

which means there's most likely 3 scum in

grandicap
fool of sound
cube
keats
maerlyn

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

i had various susses on fool of sound but most of them were linked to his behavior re: rhymes with clue. that read was obviously untrue because rhymes was not scum, but an SK. fos could still be scum but it's less cut and dried

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Maerlyn posted:

Why is Cube in your town list? I'm just curious, I'm null on him at the moment

BEcause of the massive effortposts

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok cool, so

Dans (I don't buy an SK and a scum dayvig in a 15 player game, Town)
CubicalSucrose (no solid read but he's probably posting too much to be scum)
sharkmafia (I guess I could see scum gunsmith or maybe a rolecop or something but I feel like they've played things pretty town so far, no interest in voting them)

Grandicap (Grandi is wily but I still don't see him trying to get someone killed based on information they Recieved in a dream as scum. That said I don't recall anything else he's done)
Tired Moritz (bizarrely fixated on killing me and Dans. If rwc had flipped scum I'd be voting tm already, as is I'm not ready to call them town or scum but I'm leaning scum, will depending on their posting today)

fool of sound (I couldn't tell you one thing fool has said or done in this game, probably lurking scum)
Johnny Keats (still scummy)
Maerlyn (still scummy)

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Okay, I think it might be time for a spreadsheet today.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

fos i think is still my top pick, ill reread him a little later

otoh grandicap i have a town lean on because I think he's been posting well and i find his reasoning genuine. but he could just be scum playing well

maerlyn/keats/cube are between those two in scumminess

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I will vote for Maer, fool or Keats today.
I think that's the end of the list for me.
I can concieve scum of in TM or Cube, but they are so far down the list that I wouldn't consider them as on the table until those 3 are either cleared or off the table.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Despite the ostensible clearing from shark, we still don't have a resolution on dans vs opop. It was day 1, one of them is lying. I really want to test shark's claim on opop still before we run out of time letting shark continue to lead the game. I still find the behavior around opop to be deeply suspicious and unless someone else has an investigative role we have to kill to test. Shark immediately shaking off the fact that their central case on me was based on RwC and I being teammates in order to maintain me as their top pick is not town behavior.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
With an SK and 15 players we're almost certainly looking at 3 scum. A gambitting shark and opop only need us to misyeet today and suddenly we're in lylo. We can't afford to be giving this the benefit of the doubt

Grandicap posted:

until those 3 are either cleared or off the table.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I think it's suspicious that grandi is making that statement when town is so far behind. That's not a town mindset. I'll vote grandi if people can't be convinced to test shark's claim, but I really think we NEED to test shark's claim.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
##vote opop

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I still don't believe shark's explanation for not scanning opop on night 1 (that they "always scan shwinn first because they can't read them"). Similarly, shark steadfastly defended opop all of day 2. I do not think this result should be considered trustworthy.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

so, fool of sound

sharkmafia posted:

also, the posts of analysis following that post don't actually contain a scumread, just a lot of 'null' and 'vague town'

and the last post is fuckin' nothing, i think literally everyone who has commented on dans has noted that his dayvig makes him probably town

this analysis seems content light and also seems designed to omit several people from being discussed at all

this post still pings me. the rwc/yuming thing was a red herring but the fact remains that he made a big post where he failed to scumread anyone

however the main reason i see him as suspicious is his behavior from yesterday

he starts off with this post:

fool of sound posted:

Sorry why are we assuming a redirect was in play for RwC's ostensible kill at all when the much simpler explanation is just

1) Scum killed yuming, RwC is lying about failing to kill the person who already has been shown to be "mysteriously" bulletproof at least once or
2) Scum killed yuming, RwC is telling the truth about failing to kill the person who already has been shown to be "mysteriously" bulletproof at least once

but then almost immediately switches onto a different tack of interrogating my claim

fool of sound posted:

Oh cool love when people claim to have investigated someone who died the same night so there's no breadcrumbing or posting behavior that could verify it. And you could have checked to make sure that it WAS a vig since, you know, it failed?

If RwC isn't scum you absolutely are.

fool of sound posted:

Bullshit. It would change your posting behavior. You would be able to point to posts where you were asserting that you wouldn't vote for them, defensing them, leaving them out of your sus lists, ect. There's a reason scum like to claim that they targeted dead people, even beyond running the risk of being counterclaimed.

fool of sound posted:

Shark why wouldn't you check Opop, given that's the big contentious mystery?

what this reads as to me is fos playing second fiddle to moritz and egging on his paranoia.

one thing grandicap said earlier rings true to me: scum knew that rwc was not going to flip scum, and they likely didn't have any evidence that there was a serial killer in the game. they would be trying to set up mis-eliminations on the basis of that assumed town flip. So this posting by fos seems to be to read like a scum setting up to push a misquorum on one of opop or myself, by making himself look good and getting moritz on his side,

I am fairly convinced that moritz is town. however, fool of sound, his cheerleader, is not.

##vote fos

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

fool of sound posted:

I think it's suspicious that grandi is making that statement when town is so far behind. That's not a town mindset. I'll vote grandi if people can't be convinced to test shark's claim, but I really think we NEED to test shark's claim.

Shark's claim is verified. It caught someone with a killing action.
The question is whether shark is a scum gunsmith or a town gunsmith. I am willing to bet that he is a town gunsmith and I would stake the game on it.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Grandicap posted:

Shark's claim is verified. It caught someone with a killing action.
The question is whether shark is a scum gunsmith or a town gunsmith. I am willing to bet that he is a town gunsmith and I would stake the game on it.

I mean the claim on opop. I think that shark is a scum gunsmith.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
This is a game with at least one and probably two non-scum killing roles.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

sharkmafia posted:

##vote fos

Cool complete reinvention of your case to continue pushing the same person you have since day 2.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

fool of sound posted:

Cool complete reinvention of your case to continue pushing the same person you have since day 2.

A day 2/3 case that was debunked

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fool of sound posted:

I mean the claim on opop. I think that shark is a scum gunsmith.

Why?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Why was I roleblocked? I was aggressively casing shark and opop. Either they are town and thought I was unsubtle scum about to kill the person I was casing, or they were scum worried about me having a investigatory role.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Because their choice of targets on nights 1/2 doesn't line up with a town player trying to confirm or dispel suspicions. A modestly active at best shwinn and an abortive push on RwC?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
This despite their vociferous defense of opop and the heavy sus on them day 2. A town player would have checked opop then if not night 1.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

i checked rhymes with clue because i was suspicious of them and wanted to confirm my suspicions. my case on them day 2 was also not 'abortive,' it was my focus for most of the day, and i only switched off of them in the last hour because we had to eliminate someone. My investigation was entirely consistent with my play. feel free to check.

it's unfortunate that I checked a dead person day 1 so fos can seize on that. but here are the facts at the moment:

1. I claimed yesterday, unforced, to say that i had a 'can kill' read on rwc.
2. rwc did in fact have a kill, and was in fact not town.
3. it's entirely consistent with my behavior this game that i would have done this check.

fos appears to be arguing that because I have defended opop before, and I just claimed a clear on him, the best thing for town to do at this moment is not to kill one of the uncleared people such as himself, but eliminate either the person who is definitely a gunsmith, or the person who was just cleared by said gunsmith. Because it could be a 'scum gambit.' Even though my claim yesterday was made proactively and has been borne out in every respect.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

also, bringing up the shwinn thing at all as a strike against me is weird. because it's essentially confirmed that I am actually a gunsmith. so riddle me this:

-if i am a scum gunsmith (or a scum rolecop), why would I have claimed a check on the person that the scum nightkilled? The scum presumably would not kill the same person that they gunsmithed or rolecopped.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

because, see, the idea that i would 'have to claim' the dead person is inconsistent with the idea that i'm actually a gunsmith, which I am.

the only way that logic applies if i wasn't actually one, and i was faking the claim. but it should be obvious that I am not.

so why would a scum gunsmith investigate the scum nightkill?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

sharkmafia posted:

also, bringing up the shwinn thing at all as a strike against me is weird. because it's essentially confirmed that I am actually a gunsmith. so riddle me this:

-if i am a scum gunsmith (or a scum rolecop), why would I have claimed a check on the person that the scum nightkilled? The scum presumably would not kill the same person that they gunsmithed or rolecopped.

Or you made the kill knowing that 1) that’s functionally checking anyway and 2) you could claim it safely even if there was a watcher in play

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why is Oppo still alive

can dans make a case on anyone at this point

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Dans Macabre posted:

Who I think is TOWN:
Dans Macabre
CubicalSucrose
Opopanax
sharkmafia

Therefore I plan to read from these:

fool of sound
Grandicap
Johnny Keats
Maerlyn
Tired Moritz

I am of course not interested in reading all five so if anyone has suggestions for my focus pls let me know!!

"please tell me who to bandwagon on" omg im gonna throw myself into the sea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

fool of sound posted:

Or you made the kill knowing that 1) that’s functionally checking anyway and 2) you could claim it safely even if there was a watcher in play

so you're adding an even more specific condition for how that could possibly make sense, then. rather than having their gunsmith actually run a check, the scum had them do the kill, because ????

it's not like 'actually i am a gunsmith and I was checking them' would have done poo poo if a watcher had caught a single person visiting the person who died.

to me, it sure seems like you tried a repeat of this sus from yesterday without noticing that it no longer makes any sense.

fool of sound posted:

Oh cool love when people claim to have investigated someone who died the same night so there's no breadcrumbing or posting behavior that could verify it. And you could have checked to make sure that it WAS a vig since, you know, it failed?

If RwC isn't scum you absolutely are.

note the 'if rwc isn't scum than you absolutely are' line here. This is the no. 1 reason why i think fos was trying to swing a mis-elimination based on the assumed rwc town flip