Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plscks
Apr 3, 2011

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

BreakAtmo posted:

This needs to be made into a series of actual levels. Bring on Mario Maker.

For serious. I would play that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MeccaPrime posted:

Saw this posted in the fanart thread yesterday:

The locations of those switch palaces are spoilers somehow, aren't they? :mad:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Now I'm picturing Daenerys, Mother of Yoshis and I can't stop laughing

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

In It For The Tank posted:

I made the previous two. I'm too busy to do one for tonight but I can probably whip something up before next week.

Also, just to be clear, are we're just having a megathread for this season? My precious episode thread format is ruined.

Megathread

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

precision posted:

The locations of those switch palaces are spoilers somehow, aren't they? :mad:

I haven't read any books or watched any leaked episodes so I don't really know. If they are, sorry. Posted in pure innocence.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
The switch palaces are marking where Dany's invasion of Westeros moves next after conquering the last kingdom - in the same order of color as in Super Mario World, first yellow then green, red, blue.

Jesus don't look for spoilers in every inocuous thing.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
Actually the location of that switch palace near Highgarden does raise a question (if that's a spoiler somehow, whoops). Did the Tyrells just get their money through agriculture, or was there something else? I know the Reach is super fertile but it seems like JUST agriculture wouldn't be enough to rival the Lannisters in terms of wealth.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Once you activate all the switch palaces, you kill all the White Walkers. That blue one's gonna be tough, you're probably not gonna see that one until late Season 7.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Depressio111117 posted:

Actually the location of that switch palace near Highgarden does raise a question (if that's a spoiler somehow, whoops). Did the Tyrells just get their money through agriculture, or was there something else? I know the Reach is super fertile but it seems like JUST agriculture wouldn't be enough to rival the Lannisters in terms of wealth.

They also have a pretty big fleet that they use to conduct trade (mostly with the Summer Isles to the south, though).

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Depressio111117 posted:

When the continent is blanketed in snow for years on end, being the breadbasket is the only surefire money maker.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah, the ideological core of feudalism is that fertile land is the fundamental and ultimate source of power, because everyone needs to eat, especially armies. This is the reason why France was so powerful for so long.

The Tyrells' comparative advantage seems like it would be even greater in a region like Westeros where much of the rest of the continent is: desert, mountains, rocky islands, mountains, and tundra.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Maarak posted:

When the continent is blanketed in snow for years on end, being the breadbasket is the only surefire money maker.

I've never tried to wrap my mind around the logistics of a decade long winter and how the hell you're supposed to store food in that situation and I guess I just shouldn't start. :psyduck:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Seph posted:

That would mean Tormund has an affair with Sansa

Well she IS a giant.....

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Sansa marrying Tormund to legitimize the Wildlings sounds far more plausible than many things which have already actually happened onscreen.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Now I'm picturing Daenerys, Mother of Yoshis and I can't stop laughing

Yoshistone sounds like a much more pleasant place to be.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah, the ideological core of feudalism is that fertile land is the fundamental and ultimate source of power, because everyone needs to eat, especially armies. This is the reason why France was so powerful for so long.

The Tyrells' comparative advantage seems like it would be even greater in a region like Westeros where much of the rest of the continent is: desert, mountains, rocky islands, mountains, and tundra.

They've also got the second-largest city after King's Landing, and the largest total population. Lots of rivers. Very conducive to commerce, taxes, tariffs. I think the Oldtown port sees more traffic than King's Landing.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:dance:

My roommate's brother gave her a goblet with dragons on it for her birthday. I got potato chips and pita chips and salsa and hummus. And beer and wine obv.

Exciteddddddd

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
No individual threads now?

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Svanja posted:

No one cares about GOT anymore :smith:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Svanja posted:

You should've made one

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Winkie01 posted:

Awww that sucks.

I'd totally look up that statue's skirt.

Regy Rusty posted:

You should've made one

Thought people had to get permission for that in TVIV.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Svanja posted:

Awww that sucks.

I'd totally look up that statue's skirt.

That was one hell of a statue fart.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Winkie01 posted:

I like the big thread more to be honest. Easier to keep up with everything in one thread than in 12 threads

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No one wants a stupid little boy

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

bubblelubble posted:

Re: the opening scene of episode 2

Please tell me I'm not the only one who would totally look up when sailing under that Statue of Liberty-esque soldier thing :allears:
Statue of Liberty? You philistine!

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
What the gently caress! Right there Brienne!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh look they just happen to be in the same tavern :geno:

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
That brings the number of taverns in Westeros to two

unless hot pie shows up

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

IncendiaC posted:

That brings the number of taverns in Westeros to two

unless hot pie shows up

If Hot Pie somehow injected himself into this situation at this moment, that would be the greatest thing that has happened or can happen in this series.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
This will not go well.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Lol she is so terrible at her job.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Off all the taverns in Westros, she had to walk into this one

Svanja posted:

forum's dying cloud

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

OrangeKing posted:

If Hot Pie somehow injected himself into this situation at this moment, that would be the greatest thing that has happened or can happen in this series.

Sansa needs to know about the gravy.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

That escalated pretty quickly.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Goddamn it, Pod.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Turns out nobody gives a gently caress about you* or your oath, Brienne!

*except Jamie

Hope this leads to her becoming some Dark Bitch of Badassery

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
When I say whoa, I means whoa!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

NutritiousSnack posted:

forum's dying cloud

#!*$@!
Pod 'the Rod' Payne is the best character.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

drat, woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
If she kills all Sansa's protection, Brienne is her only choice.

• Locked thread