Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Total Meatlove posted:

Adam Johnson just pled guilty to sexual activity with a 15 year old

That's got to be his career done

Actually in Britain that's guarantees your career really taking off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Machinegunboyo posted:

Actually in Britain that's guarantees your career really taking off.

Only if he wants a career in radio.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Mourinho is using these fake United links to get himself a decent job elsewhere.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Total Meatlove posted:

He also admitted to grooming which goes against the whole "I met her in a club and don't know how old she was" thing.

nonce alert

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Total Meatlove posted:

Is he still going with the 'I met her in a nightclub' defence?

Edit: I guess not!

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

beedeebee posted:

Apparently Mourinho is "sure" United will give him the job when they sack Van Gaal. He told some of his friends that everything is already taken care of. And then one of his friends told the tabloids. We'll see what happens I guess?

This rumour can't be true because Mourinho has no friends hahaha sick burn

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

quiet enjoyment posted:

This rumour can't be true because Mourinho has no friends hahaha sick burn

That's the most unbelievable part yes.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

Total Meatlove posted:

https://vine.co/v/O0brblbrOv0

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Total Meatlove posted:

Its a change from his fiancé

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Apparently Johnson admitted to grooming and missing the child, but not actually having sex with the child.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

blue footed boobie posted:

Apparently Johnson admitted to grooming and missing the child, but not actually having sex with the child.

All build up and no end product

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Lot 49 posted:

Are there any Liverpool fans here that like Benteke? All the ones on twitter and rawk seem to think he's garbage.

I think he's going through a learning process that could produce a great striker with a really fleshed-out set of skills, as opposed to being reliant on only one style of play. His movement seems to be improving and hopefully he'll eventually convert one of his many chances and then be back in form.

Whether the club should have paid 32.5 million GBP for a striker who still needs to grow in leaps and bounds is something I question a lot, though, especially when Carroll, Lambert, and Balotelli all indicated that Liverpool as a whole cannot use target men well. Also, what I just typed out above is a rosy, best case scenario and Liverpool has't had a best case scenario come to pass since about 2009.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

All build up and no end product

That's not fair, he has no build up either

Total Meatlove posted:

Hopefully (although if he gets found not guilty for the other stuff he'll be out in a couple of years going by:

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/s15_grooming/ )

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Only pled guilty to the kissing charge, I bet he's a goon

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

blue footed boobie posted:

Why does Adam Johnson have a thing for twenty eight year olds?
Because there are twenty of them.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bovril Delight posted:

Only pled guilty to the kissing charge, I bet he's a goon

Adam Johnson is an Incel?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Adam Johnson is just trying to get his farts to lethal bass level

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Mourinho is using these fake United links to get himself a decent job elsewhere.

Oh come on, name at least 15 incidents in the past 2 years where United interest has been used as leverage. :colbert:

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Panama Red posted:

Haha drat that's twisted. I'm going to hell for laughing at this

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Panama Red posted:

No good man, no good.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Panama Red posted:

epic joke m8. did you come up with this one by yourself?

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/10/who-will-win-the-premier-league-title

lol Arsenal, imo.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

look at all those lovely pundit teams. lmao whats this

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What a twat, he was a city legend now he's just a nonce

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

I really like the whole schtick from Paul Wilson about not jinxing Leicester yet he still picks their entire team as the best in the league.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Abu Dave posted:

What a twat, he was a city legend now he's just a nonce

to-may-to, to-mah-to

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This sounds about right. Arsenal desperately need to find some rhythm in their midfield and get one of Giroud or Walcott scoring. Neither of those things will probably happen until Cazorla gets back, and by that time they'll have played Spurs and Lester.

City don't look like winning the title at all, though.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
e: double post?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Lot 49 posted:

Are there any Liverpool fans here that like Benteke? All the ones on twitter and rawk seem to think he's garbage.

He's real bad op and for all the target man poo poo he's actually really bad at fighting for balls in the air or any type of ball at all really, and he is a massive bitch when defenders impose themselves on him.

He fucks up all our play and then he sometimes scores a crazy goal on a half chance he had no right to score. Bizarre player.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I never understood how whoever bought him at Liverpool (I'd love to blame Rogers, but I have a vague recollection that he didn't want him, though I could be wrong) thought "good for Villa" was in any way a ringing endorsement.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I never understood how whoever bought him at Liverpool (I'd love to blame Rogers, but I have a vague recollection that he didn't want him, though I could be wrong) thought "good for Villa" was in any way a ringing endorsement.

I'd convinced myself that scoring every other game for some dire Villa teams meant he'd manage OK even if he took a bit of time to adapt.

Welp.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Rodgers wanted him and he says Klopp wanted him too.

http://www.espnfc.us/liverpool/story/2800183/christian-benteke-needs-time-under-klopp-like-lewandowski

If they were able to get Benteke at a lower price, the learning curve would be a much less annoying situation.

I wish the club had bought Lukaku.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I keep cracking wry smiles at the Benteke situation!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

lmao at sunderland playing him all season though

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Brony Car posted:

I wish the club had bought Lukaku.

So your club can ruin another promising striker?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Benteke owns but you have to integrate him into a team concept. He can't be the focal point or the 'one player that offers something a bit different'. despite what people think he's a very good passer and our team scored a lot of goals with him on the ball passing to wingers.

Klopp and Rodgers just want to throw him on the pitch and lump the ball at him seemingly. He's not even that big.

e: like if Klopp wants everyone to press hard and retain the ball when they get it he's the wrong player. Straight up. That doesn't make him bad, it make's him bad for that style.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Can we deduct all of the kiddy fiddler's goals and assists from this seasons results please tia

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

sassassin posted:

Can we deduct all of the kiddy fiddler's goals and assists from this seasons results please tia

I think that the penalty for employing, paying and playing a kiddy-fiddler should be automatic relegation

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Sandwolf posted:

So your club can ruin another promising striker?

Yes. I see promise and I want to poop on it.

straight up brolic posted:

e: like if Klopp wants everyone to press hard and retain the ball when they get it he's the wrong player. Straight up. That doesn't make him bad, it make's him bad for that style.

That sounds like another massive cock-up between Rodgers and the Transfer Committee then because Rodgers gashed on and on during his time at Liverpool about wanting a "pressing" style so opposition teams had less time to think and move.

Benteke has not been helped by the inability of any of the midfielders (like Can, Henderson, Allen, or Lallana) to chip in meaningfully with goals. It might get better for him for the brief window when Sturridge is alive. Maybe he just needs a partner. And love.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-owners-fsg-issue-open-10871963

• Locked thread