Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
breaks
May 12, 2001

It recommends low everything for my 660ti that runs fine on ultra, I think it's just busted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

Nitevision posted:

Side-gunners in the transport chopper won't shoot at the sniper I'm hovering us besides, supports stare at me as I beg for ammo, squad is split to four corners of map and nobody responds when I say "hi" on VOIP. The more things change...

This is par for the course and the #1 reason to play with friends or goons. When lone wolfing just hope you get lucky with a decent squad.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
Ah, pre-loading my copy now. One day and two hours to go until the game unlocks! It's going to be a long night tomorrow. :)

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010

breaks posted:

It recommends low everything for my 660ti that runs fine on ultra, I think it's just busted.

Okay good to know, I guess I'll just fiddle around with the settings myself.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

DarkJC posted:

"GeForce Experience"

My "GeForce Experience" has been that it has no idea what your settings should be. It keeps recommending middling settings even though I'm using a GTX 690, and insists on the lowest FoVs possible. I also notice they stopped talking about it handling your game settings and are focusing on it's DVR-ish and Shield streaming features, which actually might be useful.

I don't let it "optimize" my games.

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

kiresays posted:

I couldn't do jack poo poo with the AK-12, but as soon as I got the SCAR + Red dot it was like a light switch.

Yup DICE nerfed them back to bf3 levels of AK shittyness

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
So did they fix the bug from the beta where rebinding keys would generate huge files that crashed the game?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

breaks posted:

I have a 660ti and it reccomended High for everything with SSAO and AA up pretty high, and I actually tweaked those down slightly.

Yeah you should never really trust those auto thingies anyways. They're never going to configure it perfect for your specs.

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

GaylordButts posted:

My "GeForce Experience" has been that it has no idea what your settings should be. It keeps recommending middling settings even though I'm using a GTX 690, and insists on the lowest FoVs possible. I also notice they stopped talking about it handling your game settings and are focusing on it's DVR-ish and Shield streaming features, which actually might be useful.

I don't let it "optimize" my games.

Yeah, the new "GeForce Experience" is just awful, I made the mistake of updating it after installing new drivers a couple months ago and it was just bad in that "look guys we totally streamlined this stuff for no reason and added a bunch of useless and broken 'features'!!1", had to system restore to get rid of it and just kept using the regular control panel.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

1 day in and already there's way too many instant respawn vehicle servers. When will they learn :negative:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

DarkJC posted:

I've got a 560 Ti and ran the "GeForce Experience" optimizer just to see what settings they recommend. Turns out they recommend Low settings for pretty much everything except Ultra for "Post-Process Quality", and even 1680x1050 instead of my native 1920x1200.

This surprised me since Battlefield 3 runs at a mix of High and Ultra on this card at native res, and this game doesn't really look any different from Battlefield 3 at all. Will this get better over time? Is it just poorly optimized or what?

The GeForce Experience setting thing is bullshit. I have a 560 Ti and could run the game on high flawlessly. When I first downloaded that GeForce program I had it do every game it could. It either made the settings too high to run effectively or ran everything on Low when I could do the highest graphic settings.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.
Is there a way to exclude variables in the server browser? It was possible in BF3 but I can't seem to figure out how its done in this one. I just want to try to find servers with the Hud on and 3d spotting off. Is that too much to ask?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Any tips on how to not be utter garbage on the Floodzone map? I always do terrible on that map and struggle to maintain a 1:1 KDR because I just can't seem to see anyone before they shoot me. It's just that map though - no other give me the type of utterly frustrating fits this one does.

Jalapeno0
Mar 9, 2013

Someguy posted:

Yeah, the new "GeForce Experience" is just awful, I made the mistake of updating it after installing new drivers a couple months ago and it was just bad in that "look guys we totally streamlined this stuff for no reason and added a bunch of useless and broken 'features'!!1", had to system restore to get rid of it and just kept using the regular control panel.

Agreed! I have a geforce 660(not ti) and the recommended geforce experience settings are all over the place some options on Ultra and some on Low... wtf

good to know I need to remove this. FYI I was running everything on high and ultra during the beta at 1080.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
4 straight lock ups for me. Protip, if the game locks up, you lose EVERYTHING YOU'VE SAVED. I guess it only saves at the end of the round.

peabody624
Dec 12, 2006

Lugaloco posted:

1 day in and already there's way too many instant respawn vehicle servers. When will they learn :negative:

Seriously this poo poo is stupid.

Straker
Nov 10, 2005

BadLlama posted:

Anyone running this game in ATI Crossfire that can report whether or not crossfire works with the game or if it breaks everything as usual?
I have a 7990 and it works fine, though with a 2500K I'm badly CPU bottlenecked and need a 1440p monitor. 50-80fps on 1080p, ultra + 64 players and this card is only working about 2/3 as hard as it could be :(

Jalapeno0
Mar 9, 2013

suddenlyissoon posted:

4 straight lock ups for me. Protip, if the game locks up, you lose EVERYTHING YOU'VE SAVED. I guess it only saves at the end of the round.

Yup, someone mentioned earlier that if you lock up, wait a little while before you enter the same server again to let the next map cycle in. Looks like the stats get tabulated on the server at the end of the game, If you jump back into the same server to early your stats get cleared you start with a clean slate.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Man if only there were some way to browse servers and join the ones you like instead of the ones you don't and not complain about how other people like to play video games. Too bad there isn't, I guess I'll just bitch about Metro 64p conquest for two years.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Straker posted:

I have a 7990 and it works fine, though with a 2500K I'm badly CPU bottlenecked and need a 1440p monitor. 50-80fps on 1080p, ultra + 64 players and this card is only working about 2/3 as hard as it could be :(

Cool, thanks for the information!

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Suppressors on 200 round LMGs are the bees knees. Pubbies never stop running in front of you

EDIT: I have found servers called AOD stomping grounds. Any idea if this the same AOD from PS2 because holy poo poo they are terrible?

neonbregna fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 29, 2013

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I've failed to shoot the Hind from the truck five times so far :downsgun:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Crigit posted:

Is there a way to exclude variables in the server browser? It was possible in BF3 but I can't seem to figure out how its done in this one. I just want to try to find servers with the Hud on and 3d spotting off. Is that too much to ask?

I highlighted the two buttons to get the full server browser.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

Carecat posted:

My god I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this problem. I swear I was aiming right at it each time but it took till the 5th attempt till it actually blew up.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
For those who love shotguns, you can have a triple shotgun loadout on the support and assault classes. You just need to unlock the MASS and the XM 25 dart, as well as unlock the super shorty secondary. Then you can be the shotgunningest motherfucker around! :black101: also, QBS owns, I don't know why the 870 is so bad compared to it. Hoping the other shotguns can appeal to me.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Carecat posted:

Well there's your problem, you're supposed to be aiming at the Havoc! :milsperg:

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Olive Branch posted:

Has anyone stumbled across a dog tag and weapon collectible guide for the campaign yet? My inner completionist OCD sperg needs everything.

I found a guide that had all the dog tag locations called VG247 or something.

Edit: http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/28/battlefield-4-single-player-walkthrough-–-baku-mission-1/

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I've fixed most of the bug's I've been getting. I'm still getting crashes on map change but if you're gonna crash then might as well be then.

Aside from that it's been really great.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

neonbregna posted:

Suppressors on 200 round LMGs are the bees knees. Pubbies never stop running in front of you

EDIT: I have found servers called AOD stomping grounds. Any idea if this the same AOD from PS2 because holy poo poo they are terrible?

AOD is one of those holdover clans from the old days like warrior nation who are gigantic and play like 30 different games.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So are there no Platoons anymore? Looking for an easy way to connect with other goons. I haven't tried the KFS server yet though, so that might be all I need.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So are there no Platoons anymore? Looking for an easy way to connect with other goons. I haven't tried the KFS server yet though, so that might be all I need.

:dice: hosed up and your bf3 platoons don't carry over nor can you create new ones. Yet?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Any patch notes for the 700 mb update?

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

No home should be without one.

Nitevision posted:

Has anyone found a way to unbind console from B/disable console? Dumb as hell

There is no way. I strafe left with "B," so this basically renders the game unplayable to me. Support says they're aware of the issue, and it "may" be changed.

poo poo needs to be changed.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Totally TWISTED posted:

:dice: hosed up and your bf3 platoons don't carry over nor can you create new ones. Yet?
Platoons won't be in BF4 at launch, because they were dissatisfied with how they were in BF3 and didn't have time to code a new system before the 29th.

quote:

If you’ve been playing the Battlefield 4 Beta, you might be wondering: “Where are the Platoons from Battlefield 3?” We are looking at introducing Platoons for Battlefield 4 in early 2014. We know this is a very popular feature for Battlefield players that have been used by thousands of fans, and as such we are preparing to bring it back into Battlefield 4. As we do this, we’re also very eager to hear what new functions you would like to see. Battlelog has always been an organic service that constantly changes and grows together with you, the community — so please; share your thoughts on the BF4 forums! We’ll be able to share more of our plans for the upcoming Battlefield 4 Platoons feature later.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Rayjenkins posted:

For those who love shotguns, you can have a triple shotgun loadout on the support and assault classes. You just need to unlock the MASS and the XM 25 dart, as well as unlock the super shorty secondary. Then you can be the shotgunningest motherfucker around! :black101: also, QBS owns, I don't know why the 870 is so bad compared to it. Hoping the other shotguns can appeal to me.

What type of accessories and mods do you use? Duck bill is pretty allrite, but I imagine full choke and darts are the way to go.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Carecat posted:

You get ONE. SHOT. What the gently caress was :dice: thinking?!

And every time you miss, not only do you have to load, but you have to do the stupid driving section over and over and over.

God damnit QTEs are so bad, whyyyyy are you doing this Battlefield?

3's campaign was lame, but 4's is a loving joke by comparison. Its like half as long too.

Stick to multi.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

neonbregna posted:

Any patch notes for the 700 mb update?

I haven't downloaded any update on the PC yet. Is this for a console?

Zaphod42 posted:

3's campaign was lame, but 4's is a loving joke by comparison.

The massive distances between save points and having to watch cinematics you've already gone through in order to restart from those save points is just icing on a cake of poo poo. Linear campaigns are loving retarded, and I wish they'd just let you experience what you *wanted* to experience. I remember getting the itch to play the F/A-18 level on BF3 one time, then going back and finding that even though I'd beaten the campaign, for some reason I'd lost all of my progress and would've had to have started from the beginning.

...I just watched the mission in 1080p on Youtube instead.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 29, 2013

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Zaphod42 posted:

You get ONE. SHOT. What the gently caress was :dice: thinking?!

And every time you miss, not only do you have to load, but you have to do the stupid driving section over and over and over.

God damnit QTEs are so bad, whyyyyy are you doing this Battlefield?

3's campaign was lame, but 4's is a loving joke by comparison.

Stick to multi.

BF4's campaign is significantly better than BF3s, you're not going to find anybody here that really believes that.

... and you're complaining about a slow motion fifty foot M320 shot as being difficult? :colbert:

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
if you want to live low, live low

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I haven't downloaded any update on the PC yet. Is this for a console?

The massive distances between save points and having to watch cinematics you've already gone through in order to restart from those save points is just icing on a cake of poo poo. Linear campaigns are loving retarded, and I wish they'd just let you experience what you *wanted* to experience. I remember getting the itch to play the F/A-18 level on BF3 one time, then going back and finding that even though I'd beaten the campaign, for some reason I'd lost all of my progress and would've had to have started from the beginning.

...I just watched the mission in 1080p on Youtube instead.

I replayed that mission a bunch of times by just selecting it from the menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ElProducto posted:

I replayed that mission a bunch of times by just selecting it from the menu.

That's just the thing. I originally didn't have BF3 Premium. I bought it and upgraded my BF3 install a few months after it had come out. When I went back into BF3 for the first time in a while to play the mission, all of my progress had been wiped and I was incapable of accessing it without starting fresh.

• Locked thread