Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

North Carolina Senate isn't planning on voting on a Bill that passed the house which puts more regulations on puppy mills because their feelings got hurt when their lovely behavior in what they thought was a private meeting became public. Also they are against the regulations because of freedom (too much regulations on hunting and farm animals :qq:) and whatever.

http://www.news-record.com/news/local_news/article_c99a108a-87a8-11e3-9fe9-001a4bcf6878.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Budweiser's superbowl ad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQB7QRyF4p4

NC has said that they're not going to even consider a bill regulating/ending puppy mills in 2014.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

The Democratic party is letting Obama down by not squashing all discussion of these bullshit issues, effectively snapping the ball into the end-zone for a Republican safety in 2014. :smith:

(I mean the NSA thing is legit but mentioning it in the same breath as "IRS" or "BENGHAZI" strips it of all credibility, which is more comparable to the Republicans snapping the ball into the end-zone honestly)

(also: DRR DRR DRR)

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
I don't know why they would be worried about that snap; that Elephant is clearly in the neutral zone.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

That is not how you do A Monty Python cartoon. Try again.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

quote:

You've got to use the accepted language in order to see things the "accepted" way.
And BTW, there's only 10 weeks 'til Passover. I mention this because if you want to be sure to have a Dry Bones experience at the seder this year you'll have to act early. Our complete inventory of our gorgeous Dry Bones Haggadahs is in our living room here in Israel. Most have now been sold and shipped. The LSW (Long Suffering Wife) is boxing them up as fast as orders come in and then shlepping them to our local post office.
Peek inside this very special Haggadah at our online "Mom and Pop" store: store.drybones.com

Labels: Arabs, Bias, Israel, Jews, map, Media, newsman, Palestine, Palestinians, Peace, Settlements, Talks, West Bank

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Monkey Fracas posted:

Two of those footballs are wholesale deliberate fabrications.

While Benghazi is a real place in Africa, both the IRS and the NSA are legal fictions of an illegimite government trying to supress the living man. A freeman of the land post. :v:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Go for the gold Kirschen, go for the goddamn gold.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Vogon Poet posted:

Add me to the list of people who found this funny, although moments after chuckling at it I realized Tinsley probably meant it as a genuine anti-atheist cartoon, which is just kind of sad.
The thing is that "atheists believe in nothing" is a lovely straw man thing that's popular among the kind of Christians who are really bothered at the idea of atheists existing. Tinsley may not even be aware of that (and not just because of a drunken haze or whatever :tinsley:), but intentionally or not he did kind of use a Ray Comfort talking point to make his joke. Without all of that it's just a dumb Garfield type mundane joke though, and certainly a step up for Tinsley's usual thing of making "jokes" that just barely work if you ignore reality in favor of GOP talking points and/or are really, really angry at pop culture.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Its almost like the Palestinians lived there and the Israelis are seizing the land

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dilma goes to Cuba and meets Fidel.

"To the left Dilma, to the left."

-------

World Cup is coming and with a lot protests going on, the government is trying to rally people into supporting the WC.

"This is so you see the World Cup's advantages better."

Blindfold is nationalism (duh).

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

Speaking of that Cheerios commercial, I have honestly never seen a single tweet or anything that actually opposes it. All I see are articles about the backlash. I've seenplenty of awful tweets and facebook posts about the Coke commercial, but never about that Cheerios one.

Can someone fill me in on what the coke and cheerios commercial were, and why they're all :911:?
I did see the budweiser one and it was pretty :3:, is anyone really mad about that one?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Boohoo crying about "the accepted way" when he lives in a country where Zionism is dominant in every goddamn major political parties, his way is the loving accepted way. What rear end in a top hat.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Boohoo crying about "the accepted way" when he lives in a country where Zionism is dominant in every goddamn major political parties, his way is the loving accepted way. What rear end in a top hat.

A reminder that he believes the US prison system actively fucks over Jews and that black people have it easy.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Unless Obama fucks an intern, you're going to see Benghazi until the day he dies, and maybe even after that since Ted Kennedy still gets brought up in spite of being very dead. If Obama speaks at the 2020 DNC, expect at least one cartoon where his shadow is a grim spectre labeled BENGHAZI.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
edit: nevermind

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

loving Lester; now I want quiche.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Are Arabs still living in the lands JHVH promised to the descendants of Israel?

There ya go.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I'm still waiting on the paperwork, God. This needs to be signed in triplicate. And you're going to need a lawyer representing ALL THE JEWS FOREVER

agarjogger
May 16, 2011
Kirschen, you're a malignant tumor and your god despises you.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

alnilam posted:

Can someone fill me in on what the coke and cheerios commercial were, and why they're all :911:?
I did see the budweiser one and it was pretty :3:, is anyone really mad about that one?

Coke Ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=443Vy3I0gJs

Cheerios Ad #1 (from earlier last year): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYofm5d5Xdw
Cheerios Ad #2 (the one from the superbowl): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKuQrKeGe6g

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

alnilam posted:

The Cheerios commercial showed a family with a black dad, white mom, and mixed daughter. As someone said upthread, it's a sequel to another commercial with the same family that did provoke a racist eruption last year.

The Coke commercial had people singing "America the Beautiful" in several different languages, and naturally caused a ragegasm among the "Speak English or get out!" types.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

This has gotta be the weirdest Tetragrammaton I have ever seen. No vowels, but still Romanized consonants. Points for originality!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I appreciate that the response to the Coke and Cheerios ads is terrible and deserves to be mocked, but it's worth noting that both spots were almost certainly designed to court this sort of unsavory minority public opinion outcry as a means of increasing their publicity. I'm sure the folks at the ad firm employed by Cheerios are steamed that Coke just ate their lunch.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 4, 2014

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
I don't really think Coke or Cheerios are really hurting in the brand awareness department.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

I appreciate that the response to the coke and cheerios ads is terrible and deserves to be mocked, but it's worth noting that both spots were almost certainly designed to court this sort of unsavory minority public opinion outcry as a means of increasing their publicity. I'm sure the folks at the ad firm employed by Cheerios are steamed that Coke just ate their lunch.

Yeah, they had to know what they were getting themselves into there. I like that interracial marriage is still an issue that causes widespread discontent, though. How exactly are people justifying being upset with it?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

No such thing as bad press etc.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

I appreciate that the response to the Coke and Cheerios ads is terrible and deserves to be mocked, but it's worth noting that both spots were almost certainly designed to court this sort of unsavory minority public opinion outcry as a means of increasing their publicity. I'm sure the folks at the ad firm employed by Cheerios are steamed that Coke just ate their lunch.

Of all the terrible things that American corporations do, trolling right wingers as a marketing strategy is probably the most laudable one.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

They no doubt are happy to get the PR, but at least advertising is exposing bald bigotry instead of schmaltzy, exploitative poo poo like **~~inspirational soldier homecoming~~** followed by a big Bud logo.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

What is that elephant even doing? Tying its shoes? Taking a dump on the field while flossing its teeth?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Record breaking cold? You call that climate change? Ignorant libs.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Internet Webguy posted:

What is this "global" in "global warming" you speak of?

CowHammer
Feb 18, 2013

Internet Webguy posted:

Obama reminds Mother Nature to pay to place a worker. A Caylus Cartoon.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

I actually don't find it hard to believe that the first Cheerios ad wasn't really intended to piss people off. Like, obviously they deliberately chose to feature an interracial couple, but probably more with the intent of getting some good press by being "progressive". I don't think they really anticipated people flipping out about it. I mean honestly the ad is entirely unremarkable aside from the fact that the girl's mom is white.

Coke definitely knew that they were poking the hornet's nest with their ad though.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Internet Webguy posted:

Artist: "Obama is dumb and wrong"
Obama: "Climate change is a Fact"
News Report: "Climate changing"

This is peak Branco

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Make no mistake though: if the country was overwhelmingly and openly racist, then Coke would have klansmen singing the song.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

loquacius posted:

This has gotta be the weirdest Tetragrammaton I have ever seen. No vowels, but still Romanized consonants. Points for originality!

Thanks!!

....hey waaaaait, I don't think you really appreciate my originality at all ! <:mad:>

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 4, 2014

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rorus Raz posted:

They no doubt are happy to get the PR, but at least advertising is exposing bald bigotry instead of schmaltzy, exploitative poo poo like **~~inspirational soldier homecoming~~** followed by a big Bud logo.

Plus, at least they realize that it's a viable advertising strategy, as opposed to the "[group] does not buy our product so we don't target them in our advertising" self-fulfilling prophecy that actually exists in the world.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Sandpuppy posted:

What is that elephant even doing? Tying its shoes? Taking a dump on the field while flossing its teeth?

Tying its shoes. It's Bok making the assumption that the democrats are self-destructing and suggesting that the republicans should press their advantage now, because Bok does not know how politics works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amarkov
Jun 21, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah, they had to know what they were getting themselves into there. I like that interracial marriage is still an issue that causes widespread discontent, though. How exactly are people justifying being upset with it?

By shoving an interracial marriage in my face, General Mills is trying to imply that I would be intolerant of such a thing!

"You are the real racist" is infinitely versatile, turns out.

• Locked thread