Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Volmarias posted:

Well, uh, yeah.

Sorry.

Heresy! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

You're starting to feel dizzy, your hand shakes as you pull your wooden spoon out of your stew. There is the taste of blood in your mouth, your life dripping out of a possibly disgusting wound in your face (luckily you're blind, it's pretty gruesome trust me!) You manage to somehow not panic through the whole of this, carefully attempting to spoon out the eyes.

You try the harder eye first.. the spoon just doesn't seem to do anything. You push harder and feel some give but in the end it's fruitless. Instead you try on one of the softer large eyes, you use the same force.

*POP* gently caress The juices run down your hands.

You try with less force this time and manage to unseat two of the large eyes. In addition you mange to get all three *POP* gently caress, make that two, smaller eyes. You feel your strength draining and you're getting sleepy, you need to hurry this up. You hold them all in your hands hoping they're pointing the right way, this will not be pleasant.

You push them all in at once.

A sharp feeling of agony bursts across your face, shocking you awake. You feel the eyes have somehow.. attached you to. But something doesn't feel right.. you feel like something is being drained from you. The dizziness is returning. You no longer taste any blood dripping into your mouth.

You..

A. Write in.

You have with you/in camp:
1 set of clothing, boots, jeans and a sweater.. dirty with some tears, but functional
1 large cloak
1 torn up back pack containing
- 3 bottles of water
- hare stew, fish stew, dried fish and 2/10ths of 1 section of dried 'meat', enough food to last 4 days
- various edible plantlife/seeds
- small survival pack (containing a small pot, a couple of matches/strike sticks, rope etc)
2 hare skins
1 revolver
- 3 bullets
1 large and clean knife
1 broken spear shaft w/ strange tooth!
1 Angel wheel
- 4 large intact eyes, one of the eyes marginally less clouded than the others.
- 3 small intact eyes
Several small chunks of angel wheel
The Phantasm

Camp Doomstairs:
Basic perimeter fencing
Crude trip wire alarm system
4 damaged buildings
1 secured building (chained) with stairs leading down to something
3 Spike traps
3 partial spike traps

You currently:
Suffer from PTSD
Injury; right shoulder
Injury; no eyes

--
If you want to, feel free to join us/other CYOA players on irc #madgod on synirc.net.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/
--

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 9, 2015

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Turn our eyes around somehow.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Sleep it off.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nettle Soup posted:

Sleep it off.

+1

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Deliriously sing "I spy with my little eye something that rhymes with..." then pass out.

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote

Nettle Soup posted:

Sleep it off.

This

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

We're about to be either extremely dead or extremely metal.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

Nettle Soup posted:

Sleep it off.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Deliriously sing "I spy with my little eye something that rhymes with..." then pass out.

This or eat the stew

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Outrail posted:

This or eat the stew

Which?! Both?!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Eat the stew and nursery rhyme then get some shut eye

Pun intended

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

stevey666 posted:

Which?! Both?!

Either/or/both

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
4 for passing out, 3 for nursery rhymes and then passing out, 2 for eating stew and singing nursery rhymes and then passing out. I'm noticing a general theme of wanting to bleed out. I like it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I thought we stopped bleeding?

Doubt we're thinking rationally anymore. If we're still bleeding jam some more eyes in the wound, that should plug it up.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Outrail posted:

Doubt we're thinking rationally anymore. If we're still bleeding jam some more eyes in the wound, that should plug it up.

We're seeing red now. That's an improvement.

Red stands for love.

We've made a friend!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Outrail posted:

Yeah this I thought we had stopped bleeding

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

You feel the eyes have somehow.. attached you to. But something doesn't feel right.. you feel like something is being drained from you. The dizziness is returning. You no longer taste any blood dripping into your mouth.

You reach over with the spoon, still covered in eye juices, and use it to eat a single spoon of the stew. It tastes surprisingly good and you feel a little better. Then the pain begins. With every heartbeat your eyes throb more and more, an intense wave of burning covers your face. Your nerves feel like they're on fire. You become delerious and scream into the redness

"I SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE.. WITH MY.. MANY EYES...AAAGHHH"

With that, you pass out.

You wake up, the pain returns. Your vision doesn't. It's still red. You try to lift your hands to your face, you feel weak and its a great struggle to do even that. Your skin hurts to touch but.. wait, you have some skin on your face now? No.. patches of skin. You drop your hands back down, panting. Trying to use the eyes to see you get the sinking feeling that something is wrong, akin to the sense of dread. You begin to feel dizzy again. You know that if you fall asleep this time, you won't wake back up. You need to do something..

A. Write in.

1 set of clothing, boots, jeans and a sweater.. dirty with some tears, but functional
1 large cloak
- 3 bottles of water
- hare stew, fish stew, dried fish and 2/10ths of 1 section of dried 'meat', enough food to last 4 days
- small survival pack (containing a small pot, a couple of matches/strike sticks, rope etc)
2 hare skins
1 revolver
- 3 bullets
1 large and clean knife
1 Angel wheel
- 4 large intact eyes, one of the eyes marginally less clouded than the others.
- 3 small intact eyes
The Phantasm

Camp Doomstairs:
Basic perimeter fencing
4 damaged buildings
1 secured building (chained) with stairs leading down to something
3 Spike traps
3 partial spike traps

You currently:
Suffer from PTSD
Injury; right shoulder
Injury; no human eyes

--
If you want to, feel free to join us/other CYOA players on irc #madgod on synirc.net.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/
--

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Uhh..eat some stew?

So, Stevey666, I really enjoy your setting, but as a player I feel kind of at a loss because so many turns have passed without much happening. We've been (figuratively and now literally) stumbling around in the dark for many turns now without the slightest idea of what we should be working toward, and at this point I don't really know what to vote for because I have no idea what's happening or why. I think the game would be more enjoyable if the character had a little more agency of his own. After all, I assume he's more knowledgeable than we are.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Bandage up our face with any cloth we have on hand. Tear up our shirt if we have to. Then finish the soup.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Drink water. Eat one of the remaining angel eyes. Eat some real food. Try to adjust to the reality of a short, brutal life as a traumatised blind person with no access to any sort of medicines -- or indeed anything much other than some pointy sticks -- in a post-apocalyptic landscape beyond any sort of understanding.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

[b]I don't really know what to vote for because I have no idea what's happening or why. I think the game would be more enjoyable if the character had a little more agency of his own. After all, I assume he's more knowledgeable than we are.

I understand your frustration, however, this is exactly how your character is feeling right now. None this makes sense to him.

You make a good point though, i'll take that on board. A lot of improvement4s are needed in general so i'll think on this. Thanks for the crit

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
OK, let's see.

Call for help? Nobody would hear except for the demon that gouged us in the first place.

Talk to the Phantasm. "Can anyone hear me? poo poo's hosed up and bullshit, and you guys were supposed to be our guardians!

Jiggle it, twist the top, do anything to make it do something!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Eat all the stew, if that does nothing poke the eyes.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
We had a good run with this one.

Now eat a bullet, let's explore with someone else.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Outrail posted:

Eat all the stew, if that does nothing poke the eyes.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Post on GBS

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Volmarias posted:

Post on GBS

Vote taken as 'stab yourself repeatedly in the face'

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

stevey666 posted:

Vote taken as 'stab yourself repeatedly in the face'

Correct.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Chug the stew

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Past the pain, past the rising panic, past the fact that you can no longer see. You feel different, wrong in someway. You guzzle both of the stews, as if your stomach were bottomless. You drink two bottles of water as if your thirst were endless. You don't feel full or satisfied, in fact you feel nothing. Nothing at all. Dizziness overtakes you and you collapse in a gibbering heap on the floor.

You dream.

You look up. The Voice sings in your ears. You feel happy and content. Angels stand in awe of the True Father

You look down. The Calling thumps in your heart. You feel a purpose and determination. The halls of the Demons filled, waiting.

You feel a light tug downward, pulling on your heart. At the same time there a tug upward, lightly pulling on your eyes. It's an odd feeling. The two forces begin to tug harder and harder. You feel wrong. You feel on fire and freezing at the same time. You feel like you're going to be split in two.

You:

A. Curl into a ball and wait it out
B. Rip out your eyes
C. Rip out your heart
D. Something else

You don't feel hungry, thirsty. You also no longer feel the pain you once felt. Your shoulder no longer hurts. You open your eyes and you can see!

Well you can mostly see. Your vision flips in and out focus, your brain trying to understand how to use not only non-Human eyes but also more than two. There seems to be a bias in one direction to your vision toward the left. You think for a moment, you must have gotten very lucky in putting the eyes in as your not looking at the inside of your now surely ugly head. It's a little disorientating.

Shaking you head a little, you peer around the camp. The sun is streaming through the holes in the roof and the windows. You look out of a window, you can see further than before.. Looking at your hands, you can see more detail. All with an overarching white cloudiness. The eyes were cloudy, your vision is somewhat cloudy. Makes sense.

You move around and for the first time in your adult life with no kind of niggle or stiffness (not like that). You feel different, odd, wrong in some ways. You don't feel hungry or thirsty at all.. you don't register anything in regards to hunger or thirst. A very unusual state for a Human to be in. This is not right. You feel panic rising up like bile, what the hell has happened to you, you feel a dull ache in your head and suddenly it's gone. You feel something new, like you've lost something. Something you never had, but you feel it's loss.

Scanning the room, your eyes are drawn to The Phantasm. It is emitting a strange light that you never saw before. You take in into your hands and can make out fine symbols etched into it. You stare at them, unknown to you. You blink a few times (which is an interesting experience) and the symbols change into something more recognizable. You see what looks like a sundial and an ocean wave.

Looking over the rest of your stuff, it all looks the same, until you get to the broken spear. The tooth on top looks darker that it did before and the air around it is slightly blurred as your give it an experimental jab into nothingness.

You:

E. Exact your revenge of the Demons below (how?)
F. Block up the stairs, gently caress those guys.
G. Move on. Pack up and head East.
H. Write in

1 large cloak
- 1 bottle of water You no longer feel thirsty.
- 2 empty bottles
- dried fish and 2/10ths of 1 section of dried 'meat', enough food to last 4 days you no longer feel hungry
2 hare skins
1 revolver
- 3 bullets
1 large and clean knife
1 Angel wheel
- 1 large intact eye
The Phantasm

Camp Doomstairs:
Basic perimeter fencing
4 damaged buildings
1 secured building (chained) with stairs leading down to a basement level
3 Spike traps
3 partial spike traps

You currently:
Suffer from PTSD - effected muted somewhat
Have vision skewed slightly to the left
Slightly clouded vision
No longer feel hungry or thirsty
Feel wrong

--

--

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 21, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
D/A. Decide that is this feels wrong we don't want to be right. Lets go find some demons and graft on some more body parts!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Outrail posted:

D/E. Decide that is this feels wrong we don't want to be right. Lets go find some demons and graft on some more body parts!

We will incorporate both the Demon and the Angel and become the new savior of humanity! Or a mutant freak who dies after a few minutes...

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
AG

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Jenkem Delivery posted:

We will incorporate both the Demon and the Angel and become the new savior of humanity! Or a mutant freak who dies after a few minutes...

Aren't we already around 30? That's about the shelf life of a savior anyway.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

D Simply wait it out, which I guess is A by another name

H We continue to chill out here, but we don't spend time blocking things up. We instead spend time with the strange device we found, seeing if we can figure anything out now that we have incorporated both demonic and angelic elements into ourselves.

We are Man, and we must balance the Angelic and Demonic, instead of embracing one over the other.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

AG

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Outrail posted:

D/A. Decide that is this feels wrong we don't want to be right. Lets go find some demons and graft on some more body parts!

Gentlemen. We can rebuild ... us. Stronger, Faster.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
AG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Unless I'm stupid (which I likely am) it looks like we are tied to getting out of this quagmire of campdoom and trying to stuff the last eye on the angel wheel into the demon that may already have your old eyes?

• Locked thread