Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
They put in so much stuff in this episode. It was great!

Peter MacNicol was awesome and sure hope he is around for more fun. Loved him when he was on Numb3rs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Zephyr One is much worse than Bus II.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

hmmmm

Bad editing and directing. or Skrulls

probably the former, then again gonna have to explain how she survived for 6 months on a planet with no food or water but :shrug:

Dexo fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 7, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Probably the latter. I don't know why people would think Skrulls beyond the scope of the TV show and too important for it, like they would only appear in movies.

But her rescue came fast and conveniently enough something has to be up with it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

greatn posted:

But her rescue came fast and conveniently enough something has to be up with it.

Deep psychological trauma and massive difficulty trying to figure out just where she was and who the threat is?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Is Joss Whedon writing full-time on this show now? The dialogue this season feels more like he's had a hand in writing the scripts than the past two.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
I don't think Joss is actively involved in Agents of Shield outside of consulting with his brother from time to time.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Fitz and the guy that play him are collectively the best.

And golf-May :allears:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Heathen posted:

Also, by Skrull I mean shapeshifting Inhuman. Believe what you want, Skrulls on this show are not happening until/unless they're introduced in the films (which Feige did hint could happen earlier than 2018, to be fair.)

Ladies and gentlemen, our Barry Convex moment of season 3!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I seriously doubt they're going with fake Jemma because it really undercuts Fitz's rescue there. If the whole thing was easier maybe but they only got her back by the skin of their teeth and undoing that would just be a bad idea.

Also I think that if it was a fake-out they would have revealed it to the audience in this week's stinger.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm a little disappointed that Daisy's powers now have a kinda generic look of her shooting transparent jizz from her hands.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They didn't forget the wound after it was basically the whole stinger from the last episode.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, our Barry Convex moment of season 3!

He was literally quoting the infamous Barry Convex post so I don't think he was serious.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

She's not a Skrull. Are people really going with this theory for real?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Maxwell Lord posted:

I dunno, she's kinda busy this year. Had ink done.

I can't see her show lasting a whole season.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

She's a shapeshifting alien entity. The word Skrull won't be uttered until it is name dropped in an MCU movie in 2018, at which point we will have an AoS tie-in where Coulson says the word.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Xtanstic posted:

She's a shapeshifting alien entity. The word Skrull won't be uttered until it is name dropped in an MCU movie in 2018, at which point we will have an AoS tie-in where Coulson says the word.

Having her not be her takes away the better drama of her being changed and trying to readjust, just like Fitz had to. There are better stories to tell with Simmons being herself than an imposter.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Lol. Seriously, I think Skrulls are *probably* reserved for future film use, but I would love to be wrong - they'd work best with a slow-burn setup that can really only be done on TV, and any film that used them as the villains would probably degenerate into yet another climax consisting of the Avengers blasting hordes of faceless CG scrubs, which we really don't need to see again.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I thought Skrulls had already been name dropped in one of those "list of aliens" info-dumps that happened a few times.

Steve112sms
Mar 20, 2002

Paregoric babies of the world unite.
If she's really a Skrull then why did she wake up afraid and turn to Fitz for comfort? Sure, theoretically you could argue it'd be unnerving for an alien to wake up in another world and that the Skrull wanted to curl up with Fitz to protect the cover, but that doesn't really fit with expression on her face as she does it. Seeing as how presumably no one was watching when this happened, I'm going to assume it's actually her and she's just traumatized.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I kinda figured the whole "6 months with no food or water" was probably like 2 days in Simmons time. Just interstellar that poo poo.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

pookerbug posted:

I have no idea why, but I was under the distinct impression that he had died years ago. You can imagine my surprise.

Nah, he just looks like it.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Having her not be her takes away the better drama of her being changed and trying to readjust, just like Fitz had to. There are better stories to tell with Simmons being herself than an imposter.

Oh I agree. It would absolutely cheapen the rescue. I absolutely don't think Jemma is a Skrull. Making her 'damaged' and dealing with the effects of whatever the gently caress happened to her is much more interesting now that her role and Fitz's roles are reversed from last year.

No Butt Stuff posted:

I kinda figured the whole "6 months with no food or water" was probably like 2 days in Simmons time. Just interstellar that poo poo.

I wouldn't mind something like this, but also wouldn't mind Simmons being a badass and surviving on her own for 6 months.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

I dunno. Did Ward gently caress that dog and shoot May?

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

What could she have possibly done in less than a week that made her clothes look like that?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cocks Cable posted:

I hope that isn't the end of the monolith story considering how important that made it seem. Too many unanswered questions and now its destroyed :( Where does it go? How did Simmons survive 3 months there? Did anyone else see a shadow of someone else in the storm? Why was that secret society they sending people through it? Looks like they carried a message with them.

More monolith mystery stuff. More hydra stuff.

Less Inhuman CW drama please.

quote:

people saying the Fitz Simmons rescue scene was the best thing ever

:psyduck:

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
So here is a Entertainment Weekly interview with Elizabeth Henstridge where she straight up says it is her, not a skrull, etc.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/07/agents-shield-simmons-return-elizabeth-henstridge

I like this a lot better than he being replaced by something.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Alternate scene: Fitz clips himself to the cable, says "hold it open as long as you can" and then Ward sprints in, pushes Fitz aside and jumps into the portal.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That's exactly what a Skrull would say.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Bruceski posted:

Nah, he just looks like it.

He's looking for a girl with green eyes to regain his youth.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Djarum posted:

So here is a Entertainment Weekly interview with Elizabeth Henstridge where she straight up says it is her, not a skrull, etc.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/07/agents-shield-simmons-return-elizabeth-henstridge

I like this a lot better than he being replaced by something.

To be fair, the writers could just be keeping her in the dark. I think Jemma being a Skrull is the better option cause that still allows you to do the Real Jemma Has Changed plot arc as well

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Heathen posted:

What could she have possibly done in less than a week that made her clothes look like that?

fallen down a cliff face into a swamp

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Steve112sms posted:

If she's really a Skrull then why did she wake up afraid and turn to Fitz for comfort? Sure, theoretically you could argue it'd be unnerving for an alien to wake up in another world and that the Skrull wanted to curl up with Fitz to protect the cover, but that doesn't really fit with expression on her face as she does it. Seeing as how presumably no one was watching when this happened, I'm going to assume it's actually her and she's just traumatized.

If they DID do a Skrull thing, why is everyone convinced it's it would just be her and not Fitz too?

The way the scene was edited, Fitz got to her, then just held in position trying to hang onto her. He didn't drag her back to the portal, or anything at all. He never got reeled back in, and I figured he was trapped. Then... they just get up out of the ash like nothing happened.

One amusing thing if they did that is Fitz hanging around her out of concern could take on a very different meaning.

Barry Convex posted:

Lol. Seriously, I think Skrulls are *probably* reserved for future film use, but I would love to be wrong - they'd work best with a slow-burn setup that can really only be done on TV, and any film that used them as the villains would probably degenerate into yet another climax consisting of the Avengers blasting hordes of faceless CG scrubs, which we really don't need to see again.

This is very deja vu, because people were convinced of the same about Inhumans. The running theory was that they would never, ever call them that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Blazing Ownager posted:

This is very deja vu, because people were convinced of the same about Inhumans. The running theory was that they would never, ever call them that.

It's even the same poster :v:

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Well, I'm not going to make an rear end of myself by getting dogmatic about anything like that again (except the general idea of substantive narrative crossover in the TV->film direction, which I would still be shocked to see happen; you'll get brief cameos and/or Easter eggs and that's it).

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think any major character from a movie is either too big a star, or would make no sense to appear on the show. For example I think if they wanted ABC television could totally get the wrestler who plays Drax, but that wouldn't make any loving sense at all.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
FINAL ROUND, MOTHERFUCKERS!
https://www.crowdrise.com/DubsmashWars

Both are actually kinda meh I think. Although Team Carter does have the benefit of the better song.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I noticed that Fitz is still having a few problems with finding the right words. I like that the show is still acknowledging his brain damage, but that he has mostly gotten over it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Loved how they walked in on a 1930s Universal horror movie set to open the Monolith.

Really glad Simmons was rescued, it would have been heartbreaking to have them so close but so far away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Loved how they walked in on a 1930s Universal horror movie set to open the Monolith.

Really glad Simmons was rescued, it would have been heartbreaking to have them so close but so far away.

Most shows would have dragged out her rescue over half the season. 3 episodes to work out how to use the portal, have Fitz nearly get her but get yanked back then 6 episodes of them trying to find another way to get to her.

• Locked thread