Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Mr.Citrus posted:

Pretty big discovery made about gatekeepers in CE, rich is that they ate Blind vulnerable, and that a titan can still their grenades with the said. Send a titan with bond grenades over first and it will ensure gatekeepers due to squid as you can blind them before the sword barer gets across.

Do you smell burnt toast right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Jesus Christ lol

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Jerkface posted:

comment: Dont send a titan first the initial gk is the easiest.

Counterpoint: sending a titan first guarantees every gatekeeper can be blinded

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".
The new raid is challenging but fun. It took us a while to get through the second part, but once we found an effective strategy it went relatively smoothly. Did anyone else experience lag/glitches though? Same thing happens in VoG sometimes with enemies teleporting around and regenerating health for no reason. Also the sword would sometimes drop and then disappear almost immediately.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

dyzzy posted:

this was the intent of my post

NAT KING SWOLE
Jun 26, 2012
VoG still drops exotics with old stats and atheon is still bugged to poo poo but I guess I should have expected that.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

dyzzy posted:

counter point & expansion of my previous comment: The first gatekeeper is alone and easy as gently caress to kill, you do not need to blind him. You can send maybe one of your weaker swords or another class that would be useful on the opposite side first. Then you send your titan and you don't have to worry about said person loving up. I agree if you have a team of 6 really good players sending a titan first is ok, but poo poo starts to get crazy on the opposite side as the stuff starts spawning so sometimes its good to get a weaker player in there when its only the GKer. Plus blind grenades can be useful on the starting side so the longer you can wait the better. Blind is really great for that phase though with the titan helm or grenades

Essentially the first GK is free and everything after that one is not free because you have adds spawning. The blind grenade helps immensely with the GK but might not affect the adds so there are times where its advantageous to not send your titan first.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Dec 10, 2014

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Murmur may be trash for PvP but it is half the energy/xp to have two burns worth of secondary for weeklies. New Vanquisher 8 has spray and play instead of feeding frenzy, and the rare autorifle stability instead of perfect balance. The new The Chance is the best vendor hand cannon for PvP, and the vanguard shotgun is probably the best shotgun for PvP possible if you like grenades. Did I miss any guns that are loving amazing for PvP?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

ROJO posted:

you definitely have to kill the gatekeepers. We found that if the person who grabbed the sword didn't kill the corresponding gatekeeper or get them down to pretty much a 1 HKO, it was a wipe. They are immune to non-sword damage. Each person who runs across the bridge with the sword has to kill a gatekeeper (or die valiantly with enough time that someone else who has already made it over can pick up the sword from their fuming corpse and finish the gatekeeper off). We found the Titan blind grenades do a great job of keeping the gatekeepers busy so the swordbearer can murder them safely. Once we started sending a titan across as the first swordbearer, it went pretty smoothly once we got into the rythm.

That's what I figured, we somehow managed to do it with 6 invulnerable gatekeepers running wild. I knew that running around in a circle on the syncplate couldn't have been the intended method.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

NAT KING SWOLE posted:

VoG still drops exotics with old stats and atheon is still bugged to poo poo but I guess I should have expected that.

At least you can't cheese Templar now :v:

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

victrix posted:

All my legendary engrams turning into ascended materials, ascendant shards twice from the Nightfall

Bungie :allears:

That's my experience with Crota's End so far. Two raids up to Crota and nothing but shards and energy for both my Warlocks. At least I can upgrade my raid gear right away when I finally get it but it sucks when everyone else gets at least one piece of raid gear.

To make up for it Destiny gave me a Thunderlord from the first raid chest, and then another one in the nightfall today... I really wanted those new Titan exotic arms.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Azzanadra posted:

Do you smell burnt toast right now?

I read my post a while after and couldn't stop laughing. Phone posting and multi tasking is a dangerous combo. Tldr blind grenades own in CE.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The funniest thing about this game to be me is that no matter how much I might bitch, I know I will be right back at it in a few days. I've already calculated exactly how many marks I need to update all my stuff, I need 420 marks to change my helmet, legs and arms and buy a new primary, long with 3 commendations, on top of that I've decided that my alts will level factions that aren't vanguard because it seems like a good idea.

Its not like I lack of games to play but I keep coming back to this one, I wish I could understand why. :geno:

Oh well, back to the grindstone because I'm a silly person with no self control. :frog:

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
So I've got a bit of an issue. A friend of mine has a US copy of Destiny (physical disk) but his account is Australian. He bought the season pass and we figured out that the reason it isn't being recognized is because the region of the disk doesn't match the region of the season pass he bought. So is there a way to fix this?

One idea is that he can go buy a Season Pass code from an American retailer like Amazon, but he will redeem it on his aussie account. It will match the disc, but he's worried it won't redeem because he technically "owns" the season pass already.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SBJ posted:

One idea is that he can go buy a Season Pass code from an American retailer like Amazon, but he will redeem it on his aussie account. It will match the disc, but he's worried it won't redeem because he technically "owns" the season pass already.

You can't redeem other region's codes on an account like that. Make another account on the PS3, make a US PSN account and do that way, DLC can be used like that even when he's signed in on his Australian account.

I think it's the same on PS4 but someone else would have to confirm.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
So the DLC bought from a US PSN account can be used on ANY PSN account that uses that same console?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SBJ posted:

So the DLC bought from a US PSN account can be used on ANY PSN account that uses that same console?

Yup! I have a US account with a bunch of DLC and PS1 games and I play them on my AU account like that.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

SBJ posted:

He just needs to make sure his US account has his PS4 set as his primary PS4 or whatever that setting is called.

Aries
Jun 6, 2006
Computer says no.

SBJ posted:

Yep, it's exactly what I did (even down to living in Oz).

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Thanks guys, I'll tell him to make a US PSN account and re-buy the season pass!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just did the daily story and got nothing.

Then when I went back to orbit it was a different one. :confused:

I hadn't done it yet, it was the intro to the vex mission, now its a cabal thing.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

2 26 strikes got a purple chest, New blue pulse rifle that has a base of 272 and 3 a coin.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Sorry but I think this poo poo could have been on the disk. Barring the "we have listened to the community changes" that have nothing to do with the DLC this content being in the base game with house of wolves would have assuaged many people regarding a lack of content. Even if it was just the dark below. They could have held the raids back obviously.

This and a 6th month delay for a real beta test and polish to loot systems. They might have even had time to make some actual new DLC locations like Europa.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

yeah, most of the "new" areas were found by folks glitching out of walls, either the content was not ready yet (how) or they were already planning their DLC back in the... "alpha".

E: hell, King's Watch is still an area in the cosmodrome that can't be normally accessed. I bet that's in the house of wolves DLC! :shepface:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I got a Last Word and a Red Death today :dance: Also that rapidly kill 7 enemies in melee bounty is loving dumb and awful.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

I don't really mind that assets were on the disk, they weren't finished hence why I think they could have delayed and had other fresher content ready later. Mainly if they had simply taken more care to beta all the content with a bunch of folks rather than a stress test demo of limited content it would have solved a lot of issues.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I sold my Destiny to a guy at work for £40 last week after convincing him it was really good.

I'm a bad work colleague :smuggo: :shepspends:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

rabidsquid posted:

I got a Last Word and a Red Death today :dance: Also that rapidly kill 7 enemies in melee bounty is loving dumb and awful.

Cosmodrome Patrol; you can get it with the enemies that spawn in Dock 13, the transition area between The Steppes and The Divide. Just wander in and start punching.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
Anyone want to run the nightfall? PSN - brianisnotdoug

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

El Hefe posted:

Thanks to freeman and dahbadu for carrying me through the nightfall :)

Bullshit. You carried me, bro! :)

I'd like to thank Freeman and Meat for grouping with me and running through the Story missions. Retro, Beefy, et al -- I sent you guys out party invites, but I suspect there was a lot of PSN hijinks preventing us from either a) talking once in party chat, or b) not being able to join the party in the first place.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think it's extremely funny that the new blue weapons max out at 297 damage. Also I got a blue Hand Cannon with nearly maxed out impact and the exploding damage mod. I kind of wonder how that will be in PVP.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Any tips on getting out of the level 27 hole? Getting vanguard purple gear isn't that bad, but getting the shards to upgrade it sure as hell is. I feel like i'm stuck since I have only 1 shard, no way to upgrade anything, and no way to get more shards.

No one is running VoG, so no way to get shards that way. 27 is a little low for VoG anyways. I'm not high enough to do the level 30 daily for +2 ascendant materials. Public events rarely give me shards as rewards and Bungie took away the public event ascendant material care package you get for completing a pub event.

So I guess I'm stuck running daily missions every single day and doing a fuckton of strikes for marks to disassemble purple armor for shards? Awesome. I really want to play the new raid with my friends, but it doesn't seem like there's a way I can reasonably get to 30 for it without grinding grinding grinding.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

The Meat Dimension posted:

Cosmodrome Patrol; you can get it with the enemies that spawn in Dock 13, the transition area between The Steppes and The Divide. Just wander in and start punching.

Or the good ol' WE'VE WOKEN THE HIVE mission and just punch the Thralls one after the other as they run towards you.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Avalanche posted:

Bungie took away the public event ascendant material care package you get for completing a pub event.

That's back now, I still seem to get more coins and motes than anything else though

NAT KING SWOLE
Jun 26, 2012
Holy poo poo the new vanguard warlock armor is loving ugly.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

NAT KING SWOLE posted:

Holy poo poo the new vanguard warlock armor is loving ugly.

I dunno, I think it's kinda... dashing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Avalanche posted:

So I guess I'm stuck running daily missions every single day and doing a fuckton of strikes for marks to disassemble purple armor for shards? Awesome. I really want to play the new raid with my friends, but it doesn't seem like there's a way I can reasonably get to 30 for it without grinding grinding grinding.

From what goons who tried it earlier said, level 30 isn't going to cut it for the new raid.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

IronSaber posted:

Or the good ol' WE'VE WOKEN THE HIVE mission and just punch the Thralls one after the other as they run towards you.

I lost that checkpoint, too lazy to get it again.

E: No probs Dahbadu! It was pretty fun.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2orug5/best_most_explanatory_video_ive_found_for_how_to/

Apparently the first chest in CE is very good easy to get and can contain exotics. Just did it myself but got energies :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Gatekeepers are really loving easy without grenades to blind them. All you have to do is spam R1 and it stunlocks them.

• Locked thread