Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

Wrigley Field Straight Cash Homey Report

1. 3 people sitting together in Marmol shirtseys
2. A Nomar jersey
3. Javy Baez jerseys
4. Josh Vitters shirtsey (I didn't know you could even buy those!)
5. The greatest of them all: A #29 shirtsey with "Crime Dog" on the back, which I want to own immediately

Shirsey.

Legs Benedict posted:

Dodger traded for Kevin Correia. PTBNL or cash

Why didn't you trade for Price

hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Drunk Canuck posted:

https://vine.co/v/MVtJTTQKq9M

Bryce Harper is my hero and he is bringing back the good things in life. (aka disrespect)

That's great, Bryce Harper is great, and I hope a bunch of Braves fans are really angry about this.

Legs Benedict posted:

Dodger traded for Kevin Correia. PTBNL or cash

Why didn't you trade for Price

Please start Kevin Correia in a game down the stretch Dodgers. Please

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

theacox posted:

True Turk fans are still vigorously brushing their teeth between innings.

I have a signed toothbrush around here somewhere.*

*Not game used.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Bob Ojeda posted:

That's great, Bryce Harper is great, and I hope a bunch of Braves fans are really angry about this.

He just made a collosal rear end of himself on the bases, so I guess we're square

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Bob Ojeda posted:

Please start Kevin Correia in a game down the stretch Dodgers. Please

oh it's gonna happen. can't have a ~veteran~ on this team without Colletti giving him a start... Or three.

speaking of Correia, I spent a few minutes looking at his peripherals and boy howdy he is even worse than I loving thought

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
The Dodgers have a proud tradition of having questionable #5 starters for the past couple of seasons now, in 2012 it was aaron harang, ted lilly, and nathan eovaldi, in 2013 it was chris capuano, josh beckett, and ricky nolasco, this season it's dan haren and roberto hernandez and paul maholm and kevin correia

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Reminder that last year the Dodgers traded an actual baseball player for Drew Butera.

Clearly Terry Ryan knows the dark secrets of someone in the organization.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012

VJeff posted:

Quote from Joe Nathan after blowing a save today:

Late on this, but this quote is funny because it reads like he's planning to wake up and blow another save.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

tatankatonk posted:

The Dodgers have a proud tradition of having questionable #5 starters for the past couple of seasons now, in 2012 it was aaron harang, ted lilly, and nathan eovaldi, in 2013 it was chris capuano, josh beckett, and ricky nolasco, this season it's dan haren and roberto hernandez and paul maholm and kevin correia

So one of those three will be good next year

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

TheChaosPath posted:

He just made a collosal rear end of himself on the bases, so I guess we're square
Yeah, he can mess up the "A" all he wants as long as he keeps being useless in this series.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I have this in my closet.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

N: Trevor May is supposedly being called up to start for the Twins on Saturday.

V: loving finally.

lol

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Twins can't have nice things

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

shirtsey

holylemon
May 24, 2004

Dude, have you ever touched a dolphin?

Fun Shoe
N: The rally possum showed up at O.co again last night.

V: It can't be much longer until possum-related signs show up in right field and/or the A's do a giveaway starring the O.possum.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Two more pitchers died today.

-Jacob DeGrom sent to NY for an MRI on his shoulder. :rip:

-Anibal Sanchez out 3-4 weeks with a pec muscle strain. :rip:

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

holylemon posted:

V: It can't be much longer until possum-related signs show up in right field and/or the A's do a giveaway starring the O.possum.

If Oakland finally wins the Series this year, the marketing campaign for that opossum is going to be out of control.

Quick, someone sketch up the A's "elephant on the ball" logo, but with an opossum.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

holylemon posted:

This has been my favorite development of the season.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

Twins can't have nice things

Because they horribly mismanage everything, resulting in all the prospects eventually being busts. Let's call up this high-ceiling prospect to make his MLB debut for a spot start against the best team in baseball. Yeah, good plan guys, sure worked out well! :downsbravo:

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 10, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

He's not going to get better by wrecking AAA anymore. Even if he gets shelled in every start this year then you learn that he's probably a bullpen guy anyway, which was already an expected probability.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
or he just sucks. He threw 7 walks in 2 innings.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Farchanter posted:

If Oakland finally wins the Series this year, the marketing campaign for that opossum is going to be out of control.

Quick, someone sketch up the A's "elephant on the ball" logo, but with an opossum.

Stadium vermin should not be made into a rallying point! The rally squirrel was the worst.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Schweinhund posted:

or he just sucks. He threw 7 walks in 2 innings.

IcePhoenix posted:

Even if he gets shelled in every start this year then you learn that he's probably a bullpen guy anyway, which was already an expected probability.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
He has a lot of trouble repeating his delivery which is something you can cover up in the bullpen.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

zakharov posted:

-Anibal Sanchez out 3-4 weeks with a pec muscle strain. :rip:

Tigers have a legitimate shot of not making the postseason, which is hilarious, but not nearly as hilarious as KC actually winning the AL central.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

was replying to the 'he's being mishandled!!!' post

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Schweinhund posted:

was replying to the 'he's being mishandled!!!' post

well it was right after mine :(

I don't think he was being mishandled at all, unless you want to argue that he should have been up a month ago (which I think is true, but he was also hurt for a month or so, so it doesn't bother me that much). Who cares what team he was facing.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
So why is Greinke giving up four runs a game in his last four starts? :iiam:

had Colletti had more confidence in Puig in centerfield he might have dealt Pederson for Price, but Puig had just started the position at that point.

Jim Dwyer
Mar 29, 2014
I, for one, am ready to write off Trevor May's MLB career after one bad start

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

holylemon posted:

It's kinda funny that he only shows up for Shark's starts.

At least this is an organic thing, unlike that stupid goddamn monkey.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Joakim Soria is also on the DL now too but nobody cares about that because he's terrible

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.

MourningView posted:

It's kinda funny that he only shows up for Shark's starts.

At least this is an organic thing, unlike that stupid goddamn monkey.

The rally monkey team has moved onto the even dumber rally mullet.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

leokitty posted:

The rally monkey team has moved onto the even dumber rally mullet.

Unless they changed it this month they still do the monkey thing pretty much every game (including when they're winning, i'm not sure what they're rallying from there). The monkey is Down With The Sickness.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I go to Angels games a lot, and the goddamn rally monkey makes even watching the Angels lose an uncomfortable experience when it should be joyous

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Farchanter posted:

With how over Rocket Raccoon is right now, a photoshop of a possum in galactic bounty hunter gear named something retarded like Awesome Opossum would probably sell, like, 10,000,000 shirts if you set up a stall outside O.co

Don't do that, though, because then you're outside O.co when the walls burst and you drown in a river of sluice water and human feces.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Has't May always been a walkaholic? I'm not really sure I see the cause for surprise here.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jim Dwyer posted:

I, for one, am ready to write off Trevor May's MLB career after one bad start

Yeah, cause that's totally what I said. :rolleyes: I was more pointing out that the Twins' management doesn't have a good track record of properly developing guys.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Sigh, Ramirez to the DL with an oblique injury.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Der Meister posted:

Sigh, Ramirez to the DL with an oblique injury.

Hanley? Alexei? Aramis? Manny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

Yeah, cause that's totally what I said. :rolleyes: I was more pointing out that the Twins' management doesn't have a good track record of properly developing guys.

I think it's more that a very large amount of prospects simply can't hack it at the ML level. I really doubt they've been significantly worst than most organizations. Also the farm was barren until recently so you didn't really have any guys that could be mismanaged. I think you're just projecting the Hicks thing.

• Locked thread