Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mewse
May 2, 2006

fatherdog posted:

iirc her current management is her theatrical agent, which is the same one the Rock has.

That's probably a million times better than one of these idiot fight managers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I trust A Diaz Manager with my life

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

fatherdog posted:

iirc her current management is her theatrical agent, which is the same one the Rock has.

Yeah I'd say that is a step up from a normal fight manager.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Your honor, I'd like to introduce my manager, they call him MC hammer because he is actually the rapper MC hammer from the 80s

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Watching through those title history videos I noticed one of the fights got scored 50-43 (might have been 42). Have there ever been such low scores in other fights?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
DOCTOR: And what seems to be the problem?

[i start to do the ben rothwell dance]

DOCTOR: We'd better get you to the hospital... you're Insanely Sick

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Teddybear posted:

Watching through those title history videos I noticed one of the fights got scored 50-43 (might have been 42). Have there ever been such low scores in other fights?

there was a 30-23 once

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Stipe Miocic was on track to beat Mark Hunt 50-40 if he didn't get the stoppage at the end of the 5th.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Teddybear posted:

According to this list, Franklin-Loiseau is the most lopsided at 50-42, 50-42, 50-43 (I assume this is the one that you saw). The one that featured a 30-23 score (Forrest Petz vs Sam Morgan) is #2 on the list but that scorecard is a bit of an outlier since the other two judges had it 30-27 and 30-26. That said I believe it's the only 10-7 round that's ever been scored in the UFC.

Bubba Smith posted:

Stipe Miocic was on track to beat Mark Hunt 50-40 if he didn't get the stoppage at the end of the 5th.

Actually one judge had scored every round 10-9 and even the harshest only had two rounds at 10-8, incredibly enough.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/05/stipe-miocic-vs-mark-hunt-scorecard-a-surprising-lack-of-10-8-or-10-7-rounds

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Hendo/Vitor had 30-24's I think, though it was corrected later because judges can't add properly and they meant to put 30-26.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

1st AD posted:

Hendo/Vitor had 30-24's I think, though it was corrected later because judges can't add properly and they meant to put 30-26.

It says something about vitor that there were10-8s and that fight was still fall asleep boring

nuh-uh no way
Mar 27, 2010
Siver/Pham also had a 30-24, and that was brutal beatdown.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Who was the name of that super Irish super young Rufus sport guy who got brutally and insanely beat so badly that the government passed a law that he had to go to college instead of doing UFC. That guy is slightly less funny in the new perspective of Rufus sport getting a guy killed.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
He was Danny something I think.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

colonel_korn posted:

Actually one judge had scored every round 10-9 and even the harshest only had two rounds at 10-8, incredibly enough.
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/05/stipe-miocic-vs-mark-hunt-scorecard-a-surprising-lack-of-10-8-or-10-7-rounds
that's just bad judging though. Even Mark Hunt was like "yeh after the 1st round I was finished" & it should have been 10-8s and a possible 10-7 all the way to the depressing finish line.

but enough of that let's go back to forgetting the fight had happened. In fact it might be better if it's remembered as Mark Hunt courageously earning 10-9 rounds in a fight where he took 400 unanswered punches to the head.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Dan "Danny Boy" Downes

mewse
May 2, 2006

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

He was Danny something I think.

Danny Downes? How could you forget that last name

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Teddybear posted:

Quarry-Starnes, AKA 'The Running Man' had a 30-24. (The other judges gave it 30-26 and 30-27 but the 24 dude had the right idea).

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Triticum Guzzler posted:

DOCTOR: And what seems to be the problem?

[i start to do the ben rothwell dance]

DOCTOR: We'd better get you to the hospital... you're Insanely Sick

Thanks, a full Delta flight now thinks I'm nuts.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
No need to drag Larry Craig's name through the mud in this thread. The man has a very wide stance while making GBS threads and that's his right

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

colonel_korn posted:

According to this list, Franklin-Loiseau is the most lopsided at 50-42, 50-42, 50-43 (I assume this is the one that you saw).

Rich Franklin gets overlooked as an all-time great a lot but he beat a man so badly that the victim suffered from anxiety for years because of it. That is some next level MMA.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I think Rich Franklin doesn't get talked about as much as he should cause he never officially retired. There was that entire year where everyone wanted to talk about Rich's career in retrospect but every few weeks it was rumored he was going to fight Lil Nog and everyone decided to hold off on doing it. Like once he gets inducted in the Hall of Fame there will be an entire month of "hey remember that cool thing he did" instead he just sort of vanished after the Wanderlei Silva match. At least that's what I think happened.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

I think Rich Franklin doesn't get talked about as much as he should cause he never officially retired. There was that entire year where everyone wanted to talk about Rich's career in retrospect but every few weeks it was rumored he was going to fight Lil Nog and everyone decided to hold off on doing it. Like once he gets inducted in the Hall of Fame there will be an entire month of "hey remember that cool thing he did" instead he just sort of vanished after the Wanderlei Silva match. At least that's what I think happened.

He was on Chael's podcast recently and said much the same really. He has one fight left on contract and needs to decide by the end of summer if he's gonna do it or not.

How reliable are the PPVs bought on ufc.tv, pubs in Dublin don't have late enough licenses for the fight so a few pals and I are going to watch it with a few scoops at home.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

EmmyOk posted:

He was on Chael's podcast recently and said much the same really. He has one fight left on contract and needs to decide by the end of summer if he's gonna do it or not.

How reliable are the PPVs bought on ufc.tv, pubs in Dublin don't have late enough licenses for the fight so a few pals and I are going to watch it with a few scoops at home.

I've never actually ordered a card through UFC.tv directly but I've bought a few now on Xbox Live. I assume it's at least similar quality and I have had minimal issues.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bluedeanie posted:

I've never actually ordered a card through UFC.tv directly but I've bought a few now on Xbox Live. I assume it's at least similar quality and I have had minimal issues.

Oh neat, could I buy it on PS4 then?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

EmmyOk posted:

Oh neat, could I buy it on PS4 then?

Yep. Here it is on sale for 10% off for PS+ subscribers.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It is 50 quid there but 20 on the ufc site? Is that an error?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dangersim posted:

He's got life under contr...oh he let it go

My life in post form

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

EmmyOk posted:

It is 50 quid there but 20 on the ufc site? Is that an error?

Not likely. UFC prices based on location, I'd assume PS network just has one global price, or just that you're looking at the US page / pricing.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Waffle Conspiracy posted:

Not likely. UFC prices based on location, I'd assume PS network just has one global price, or just that you're looking at the US page / pricing.

Yeah that makes sense cos ufc.tv showed it in eurs. I will check it on my own ps4 now and hopefully it will be the same price as the tv over here.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
They also have HQ versions that are more expensive but sometimes the LQ price is what shows up; just look through the options I guess.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Was Frank Shamrock as badass as that video makes him look?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Pretty much.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Frank was pretty much the prototype of the modern fighter, first guy to be good everywhere and be able to blend it together

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

It wasn't till someone linked the below Alexis Dufrense fight that I realised just how important Bruce is. I mean everything about it is poverty-line level production but it still highlights how bad a weak announcer is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v5SNexJSVs

The best/worst example was Invicta 9. They couldn't get Buffer, or Martinez. They ended up with...I don't know, some dude's cousin or something. He knew that he was supposed to emphasise things, but he didn't know what or why. Didn't help that it was in front of an Iowa crowd that had no idea what they were looking at. Aside from Inoue/Kowalkiewicz, that was such a dogshit card.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Dangersim posted:

Frank was pretty much the prototype of the modern fighter, first guy to be good everywhere and be able to blend it together

If I recall correctly he was also one of the first to take strength and conditioning really seriously.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I love the story of Shamrock-Zinoviev. According to Frank, when he was fighting Kevin Jackson to win the title he noticed that the floor of the octagon was a lot harder than the surfaces he'd competed on previously (i.e. Pancrase ring). He figured that he'd have a big advantage wrestling and grappling over Zinoviev, so he decided that he would just grab him, pick him up, and drop him in such a way that he would be injured. And it played out exactly that way. The entire fight was Shamrock picking a dude up by the hips and dropping him on his head, which knocked him cold and broke his collarbone. The economy of effort in that fight still amazes me.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
The UFC wont let matt brown come out to an intro song he comissioned

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/ufc-shut-down-matt-browns-walkout-song

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Randy could be your daddy
Randy might've put it in your mammy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

The UFC wont let matt brown come out to an intro song he comissioned

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/ufc-shut-down-matt-browns-walkout-song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T41QuVLFGFw

• Locked thread