Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Shane Douglas Promotion
This poll is closed.
XPW 11 18.97%
Hardcore Homecoming 1 1.72%
Extreme Reunion/Rising 2 3.45%
This New One (because it won't happen) 44 75.86%
Total: 58 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

Goodtime is fine. Yuma is loving atrocious.

is Yuma the mansplainer guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Didn't O'Reilly just re-up his ROH contract recently after all those rumors that TNA was trying to poach reDRagon? Presumably there wasn't anything in there prohibiting him from working PWG in the future at the time he signed it, and he'd probably have more leeway than a lot of guys considering his importance to ROH and the fact that he's the champ in PWG.

I'm more worried about guys further down the card like Cedric and ACH being affected by things like this. If I can't see ACH in PWG anymore then Delirious can gently caress off.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

My guess is that they actually care a lot more about what guys like Cole and O'Reilly do in other companies than guys like ACH. But yeah, this wouldn't take effect (if it ever even does at all) until his next contract.

Elgin losing in the second round of BOLA while ROH champ pissed them off and was a contributing factor to him ropping the belt sooner than originally planned.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

Didn't O'Reilly just re-up his ROH contract recently after all those rumors that TNA was trying to poach reDRagon? Presumably there wasn't anything in there prohibiting him from working PWG in the future at the time he signed it, and he'd probably have more leeway than a lot of guys considering his importance to ROH and the fact that he's the champ in PWG.

I'm more worried about guys further down the card like Cedric and ACH being affected by things like this. If I can't see ACH in PWG anymore then Delirious can gently caress off.

Yea, Fish and O'Reilly renewed a couple months ago IIRC, so they wouldn't have the language in their contracts yet, but my guess would be that whenever ROH decides they want to do this, they'll book shows opposite PWG so that the contracted talent who don't have it in their current contracts still can't work PWG.

The situation is weird because they probably care a lot less about the undercard guys, but those are the guys that can least afford to pass up the money that comes from having the contract.

I can see Sinclair trying this, but I'd be it ultimately goes nowhere because they'd piss a lot of people off.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gonzo McFee posted:

So PWG is doing it's 5 for $40 thing.

What are the best shows to get that are on this list?

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/winter/

Would every BOLA and one other DVD be an all right idea?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gavok posted:

Would every BOLA and one other DVD be an all right idea?

yes. yes it would. And that other DVD should be Threemendous III

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

yes. yes it would. And that other DVD should be Threemendous III

Or ASW 9.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

that's two DVDs

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

that's two DVDs

Is it? poo poo, I didn't realize that.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

that's two DVDs

ASW9 Night 1 is better than just about every individual show they have up for sale right now, but that's just my opinion.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I don't know what I would do in ROH's situation, but "Our contracts will forbid you from working shows in a promotion you like that is regularly attended by scouts from WWE and AAA!" seems counterproductive.

Hopefully they just start working the Providence indies and the ROH/PWG cycle can begin anew.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ROH needs to do something. The thing that brought them to the dance was a lockerroom of insanely motivated guys and a booker willing to kill them.

Now the booker's most likely in a Gangzhou jail and the lockeroom would rather be wrestling at a sweatbox in Reseda.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm sure some ROH talent is really unhappy with management but I'm not sure how you can watch the shows and think anybody is unmotivated.

Even Michael Elgin's problem is caring too much

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The only ROH matches I see that lack motivation almost always have some type of retarded finish for booking purposes.

I think a lot of it is the crowd. Reseda makes everyone pumped. Trying to push ROH into nontraditional markets just to appease Sinclair stations is leading to small, dead crowds in some places. Probably hard to get up for 200 people in an Illinois high school gym or whatever.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

oatgan posted:

I'm sure some ROH talent is really unhappy with management but I'm not sure how you can watch the shows and think anybody is unmotivated.

Even Michael Elgin's problem is caring too much

I don't think unmotivated means they aren't doing their jobs well in this case. I think it means there isn't that level of enthusiasm. I can watch a dude in PWG just be the most charismatic, funny, and talented wrestler, and when I see them in ROH all I can think is what changed. It's like ROH tells the guys to not go out there and be themselves. Again they aren't bad in the slightest, there is just something off.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I don't know what I would do in ROH's situation, but "Our contracts will forbid you from working shows in a promotion you like that is regularly attended by scouts from WWE and AAA!" seems counterproductive.

Hopefully they just start working the Providence indies and the ROH/PWG cycle can begin anew.

If Providence became Reseda for a PWG East that would be so good. It sometimes seems like it's trending that way.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

LoboLoboLobo posted:

If Providence became Reseda for a PWG East that would be so good. It sometimes seems like it's trending that way.

*cough cough* http://lookmanofans.com/store/live-event-tickets/alive-and-kicking/

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Oh trust me I'm completely aware of what's going on in Providence, I mean getting the buzz and national attention PWG gets.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I'm not a fan of giant tag matches with stacked teams instead of 3-5 good matches, so Sunday's card looks a lot better.

quote:

11/29
Elimination Tag
Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, Trent?, Chuck Taylor, Brian Cage vs. JT Dunn, David Starr, Chris Dickinson, Jaka, Dan Barry

Biff Busick vs. “Speedball” Mike Bailey
Drew Gulak & Kimber Lee vs. Pepper Parks & Cherry Bomb
Silver "My branding skills are pretty Green" Ant vs. Matt Tremont
Brian Fury vs. Jay Freddie

Schedule to appear
Anthony Stone
Buxx Belmar
Da Hoodz
John Silver
Ryan Rush

11/30
Tag Tournament Round 1
Young Bucks vs. Da Hoodz (Davey Cash & Kris Pyro)
Trent? & Chuck Taylor vs. Team TREMENDOUS (Dan Barry & Bill Carr)
Osirian Portal vs. Juicy Product (JT Dunn & David Starr)
Da Hit Squad (Monsta Mack & Mafia) vs. Doom Patrol (Chris Dickinson & Jaka)

TOO EXTREME FOR DVD!
Eddie Edwards vs. Silver Ant

Different Tag Tournament Finals
4 way eliminator

Scheduled to Appear
Brian Cage
Matt Tremont
No Biff on Sunday?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

#FreeEddieEdwards

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
After seeing them this weekend I'm on the Mike Bailey and Buxx Belmar bandwagon.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

ASW9 Night 1 is better than just about every individual show they have up for sale right now, but that's just my opinion.

ASW9 Night 1 is amazing, even if I never want to watch that main event again. That Ricochet/Swann vs. AR Fox/Samuray del Sol (aka Kalisto in NXT, for the uninitiated who want to see what he was like on the indies) match is Extremely My poo poo.

Thauros posted:

My guess is that they actually care a lot more about what guys like Cole and O'Reilly do in other companies than guys like ACH. But yeah, this wouldn't take effect (if it ever even does at all) until his next contract.

That's probably true, but my assumption is that guys like O'Reilly have the clout to tell ROH to gently caress off if push comes to shove about the subject. If they try to play hardball with all of their talent that also works PWG and it backfires on them, their main event scene will suddenly be Jay Briscoe and basically no one else. Obviously not all of the workers affected by this policy would be renegotiating contracts at the same time, but still it seems like playing with fire because ROH needs the draw of the guys good enough to work PWG. It's frustrating because I think ROH is really doing well from a talent perspective right now, and it would be a shame to see it all hosed up over backstage poo poo.

I'm not even really including Cole in this because indications are he'll probably get signed to NXT before re-upping with ROH anyway.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
If ROH really follows through with this talent ban, Chuck Taylor better be winning a loving PWG belt. He's long overdue for one.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Also, PWG should start using more CZW and IWS/SMASH guys if that happens. Use Bailey, Belmar, Dickinson, Shynron, Tabernak de Team, Jaka, etc.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Nov 11, 2014

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Fart Radio posted:

If ROH really follows through with this talent ban, Chuck Taylor better be winning a loving PWG belt. He's long overdue for one.

Best Friends will almost definitely win the tag belts fairly soon no matter what happens with ROH, they won the last DDT4 and they're super loving over in Reseda.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Also, PWG should start using more CZW and IWS/SMASH guys if that happens. Use Bailey, Belmar, Dickinson, Shynron, etc.

I'm confident PWG could still put on great shows even if they can't use ROH talent and the guys in question choose to stay there rather jumping ship. They'd still have all the WWN talent since as far as we've heard Gabe has no problem with PWG, and they could bring back the guys we haven't seen since BOLA like Myers and Gulak on a more regular basis. Willie Mack is obviously available again, they could give guys like Thornstowe another shot. It would definitely be a blow, but Super Dragon could probably make it work.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 11, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

I'm confident PWG could still put on great shows even if they can't use ROH talent and the guys in question choose to stay there rather jumping ship. They'd still have all the WWN talent since as far as we've heard Gabe has no problem with PWG, and they could bring back the guys we haven't seen since BOLA like Myers and Gulak on a more regular basis. Willie Mack is obviously available again, they could give guys like Thornstowe another shot. It would definitely be a blow, but Super Dragon could probably make it work.

But WWN Live talent won't be on the continent for most of the year if the China thing takes off as intended.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

But WWN Live talent won't be on the continent for most of the year if the China thing takes off as intended.

If the plan is to spend several extended stretches in China, this thing will be dead within six months

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Grozz Nuy posted:

it seems like playing with fire because ROH needs the draw of the guys good enough to work PWG. It's frustrating because I think ROH is really doing well from a talent perspective right now, and it would be a shame to see it all hosed up over backstage poo poo.

It's hilarious to me that ROH is being this petty and weird about a company that, as good as PWG is, runs once a month and sometimes not even that much, and runs similarly to how ROH did when they started. This is some Gabe-level indy drama right here.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just listened to a interview from Cornette from I don't know when (but presumably the last year or two) describing all the poo poo he went through with ROH and him leaving. It made ROH sound like a massive mess and their powers that be really petty and idiotic people even putting it through the Cornette filter where I assume he's mostly truthful but probably not all that good at seeing things from other people's perspective and thinking everyone who doesn't agree with him is a moron. Throw that in with stuff I've heard in interviews with ex-ROH talent like Kevin Steen and Kenny King it really just makes ROH sound like "a bad place to be". That seems like a bad time to be telling people they can't work for a place that sounds like its generally regarded as "a good place to be."

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Thank you smart phone notifications! Untitled II preview is up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4H-btADtO0

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

TUS posted:

Thank you smart phone notifications! Untitled II preview is up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4H-btADtO0

I can see myself losing my poo poo when Trevor does his dive to the outside. Surprised they didn't show Rousey chopping Biff in the reel.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

TUS posted:

new promo music holy moly

also Cage getting better and doing crazy cruiserweight poo poo is awesome and I'm glad AR Fox is back and taking the dumbest bumps ever

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dang that preview took forever to get here

Bard Maddox posted:

new promo music holy moly
nah they've used parts of Hang Me from the Moon before

oatgan fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 12, 2014

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Whats the name of the song they used before?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TUS posted:

Whats the name of the song they used before?

They've been using The Harvester for the DVDs for a while now but and on previews they usually stitch a couple songs together. The older PWG theme was The Ambassador

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

TUS posted:

Uhaa Nation is a drat freak

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

AfterFather posted:

Uhaa Nation is a drat freak
Someday Vince will see this video, and immediately demand Bobby Lashley be re-hired. He'll have a confused and angry reaction when Bobby Lashley "forgets" how to do a standing Shooting Star Press.

But really, there's never been two guys more perfect for Vince McMahon in the modern era than Uhaa Nation and Brian Cage. It's too bad both of them would lose a lot of bulk if they had to pass a drug test.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

oatgan posted:

They've been using The Harvester for the DVDs for a while now but and on previews they usually stitch a couple songs together. The older PWG theme was The Ambassador

Harvester is a great song, bought it on iTunes this morning. Getting anxious about my 5 for 40 shipment!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Things seem to be progress well for WWN China. Expect them to start signing people soonish. But after talent have gotten a taste of China recruiting talent is going to be pretty hard given all the cultural differences, civil liberties concerns and lack of internet. Imagine being a person and even worse an indie Wrestler without internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

Things seem to be progress well for WWN China. Expect them to start signing people soonish. But after talent have gotten a taste of China recruiting talent is going to be pretty hard given all the cultural differences, civil liberties concerns and lack of internet. Imagine being a person and even worse an indie Wrestler without internet.

lack of Internet?

Never been there but isn't internet access pretty widespread there and their firewall mostly a joke if you use a proxy? It's not the DPRK or anything.

• Locked thread