Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Remarkably, three Penguins played all 82 games this year: Phil Kessel, Patric Hornqvist, and Matt Cullen.

Crosby, jarringly and awesomely, played 80. He was healthy scratched for the last game of the year and IIRC the only other game he missed was the one game suspension for skipping the ASG.

fakeedit: No wait, Crosby wasn't even on the All Star team this year. Hahahahaha oh god Johnston sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Tusen Takk posted:

Honestly I'm glad that Datsyuk is leaving because the way he hobbled around in my store leads me to believe that movement is misery for him

Indeed.

It seemed like next year would be his absolute last year anyway, before everything else.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Eric the Mauve posted:

Remarkably, three Penguins played all 82 games this year: Phil Kessel, Patric Hornqvist, and Matt Cullen.

Crosby, jarringly and awesomely, played 80. He was healthy scratched for the last game of the year and IIRC the only other game he missed was the one game suspension for skipping the ASG.

fakeedit: No wait, Crosby wasn't even on the All Star team this year. Hahahahaha oh god Johnston sucked.

I think he missed a game right before christmas for some minor injury.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I HATE DALLAS

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

And I love you.:wink:

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I am now declaring my bandwagoning for the Cats, Caps, Stars, and Sharks, in that order. Better luck next round, other teams!

E: poo poo, that's like identical to Duke Chin

Albino Squirrel fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 10, 2016

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Duke Chin posted:

Oh and go Cats/maybe Caps out of east and Dallas and Sharks sharks shark shark snark sharks out of the west otherwise Comet/Nuclear Hellfire 2016

I like your style. :)

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Doesn't matter. Your team sucks and is boring to watch. Jamie Benn will destroy you with sick snipes and piercing good looks.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
People with cadaver ankles are the coolest.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

JoelJoel posted:

Jamie Benn will destroy you with sick snipes and piercing good looks.

All while disappointing Minnesota's women. :v:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Preds/Sharks/Stars are all cool and the Wild are mainly innocuous, which means that we're going to have Hawks/Wild and Kings/Ducks with a Hawks/Kings WCF because god hates us and doesn't want us to be happy.

Panthers/Rangers/Wings/Caps/Lightning can win the East with varying degrees of my acceptance (or in the Wings case, incredulity). When it's a Pens/Kings cup final, I hope a sinkhole opens up and takes Pittsburgh or LA while they're there, which actually isn't that unlikely!!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

If you know he's leaving because one of his feet fell off why would you eat his cap hit and not sell the rights?

loving god drat it

Why would you send Mantha back down to the AHL?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

THE MACHO MAN posted:

so I'm not sure how I missed it, but Ryan Callahan managed to put up 28 pts in 73 games this year.

did I mention how happy I am that the Rangers didn't budge on him??

Is it mere coincidence that Dustin Brown also had 28 points this season? I suggest not.
Funny enough though - Callahan is 75k cheaper and his contract expires 2 years sooner.
I foresee Dustin Brown in a Las Vegas jersey.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Doesn't Datsyuk leaving seriously gently caress over the Wings in terms of cap space?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

grack posted:

Doesn't Datsyuk leaving seriously gently caress over the Wings in terms of cap space?

You betcha

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Tusen Takk posted:

You betcha

God bless those 35+ contracts

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

why would you eat his cap hit and not sell the rights?

Why would you send Mantha back down to the AHL?

holland bad

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Stevie save us from ourselves (Kenneth Holland)

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Paying $7.5m for nothing vs. paying $7.5m for a broken, homesick homophobe staying and playing half-heartedly on gay cadaver ankles doesn't seem like a huge difference.

I like how Datsyuk said he should've done 1 year deals, though. That's a savvy business man. Maybe he could replace Holland and telecommute from Russia.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

grack posted:

Pretty sure Datsyuk said he's okay with the team trading his contract. I dunno where this "Team is gonna eat the cap hit" talk is coming from, maybe Holland's trying to get fired.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Datsyuk on one foot is still the best player on the team. He puts in more effort than any other forward except for Larkin. Dude is still everywhere on the ice. I will be sad to see him go, especially considering how loving rotten the rest of the roster is.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

VJeff posted:

Pretty sure Datsyuk said he's okay with the team trading his contract. I dunno where this "Team is gonna eat the cap hit" talk is coming from, maybe Holland's trying to get fired.

It was in that dummy Mitch Albom's article. Datsyuk's agent said the team won't trade his rights.

Why? Who knows. There's literally no reason not to pursue that as an option.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

you guys like holland would ever trade a veteran player, even post retirement

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Maybe that's him trying to be cagey about it but we all know Holland is dumb as hell

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Is it possible to speculate how much worse off we would be if we still had Babs?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Like I have a deep hope that Blashill is going to do wonders with all our young talent but if Holland doesn't get fired or drop dead then I don't think anything can save us

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

maybe the griffins are starting a two decade playoff streak

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

He's gonna do wonders *sends Mantha back down*

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I still maintain that Babcock was a net-positive for this team. It's pretty loving clear that the "no young guys!" policy is from Holland.

edit: although the idea that the vets started to hate him is probably true so that would've been an issue (but all the vets had the worst years of the careers, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/THNKenCampbell/status/719234046811860992

Guy leaves because his legs are powder and he wants to be a part of his daughter's life. Okay. Whatever.

i am the bird posted:

I still maintain that Babcock was a net-positive for this team. It's pretty loving clear that the "no young guys!" policy is from Holland.

edit: although the idea that the vets started to hate him is probably true so that would've been an issue (but all the vets had the worst years of the careers, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

I mean, it's not like it was really realistic for the Red Wings to keep him either way. Blashill had I think three fewer wins this year than the team under Babs last year, so. Yeah, Babcock's time was obviously a net positive for the wings (he won a loving cup, after all), but I don't think Blashill is a step down.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I meant net-positive for last year as a point of reference to speculate on this year, but yes.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Go Sharks

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Who do we got near the cap floor next year?

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

VJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/THNKenCampbell/status/719234046811860992

Guy leaves because his legs are powder and he wants to be a part of his daughter's life. Okay. Whatever.

I mean, it's not like it was really realistic for the Red Wings to keep him either way. Blashill had I think three fewer wins this year than the team under Babs last year, so. Yeah, Babcock's time was obviously a net positive for the wings (he won a loving cup, after all), but I don't think Blashill is a step down.

There's been some rumors that players don't like Blashill because he tries too hard to be a Babcock-Clone. I can see that. On radio interviews I can't even tell the difference between the two of them.
E: I think the Flyers made a really good choice with Hakstol and I kind of wish the Wings had gone that route instead.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

clean ayers act posted:

There's been some rumors that players don't like Blashill because he tries too hard to be a Babcock-Clone. I can see that. On radio interviews I can't even tell the difference between the two of them.
E: I think the Flyers made a really good choice with Hakstol and I kind of wish the Wings had gone that route instead.

I really hope the Flyers are vindicated in their decision for Hakstol. He's had a really fantastic first season and I can only hope it doesn't turn into another Chip Kelly situation (not that anything could ever get that stupid again)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dave Hakstol will win the Jack Adams and then be out of a job in three years or less.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

North Dakota under Hakstol went to the NCAA tournament all 11 years, including the Frozen Four his first 4 years and 7 years total; he won four conference tournaments and three conference championships (e: once in the same season).

Their first year without him they won the national championship.

Coincidence? :iiam:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 10, 2016

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

VJeff posted:

Dave Hakstol will win the Jack Adams and then be out of a job in three years or less.

Good, he can come coach the wings after our first overall pick in 2019

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

For real though, Big Mike needs to bring Yzerman home. Write a check, I'll go buy a hot and ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Exchanging Murray for Dorion seems like a step down, not that any of this matters with Melnyk insisting on keeping the team.

He could give us a lot of our goodwill back by signing Hoff to something a bit nicer than "gently caress you".

e: But it doesn't matter because he's not unfucking this mess so we'd may as well just throw any old schmuck over the wall.

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 10, 2016

• Locked thread