Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What race should goons play for PvP shenanigans?
This poll is closed.
Furry Dominion 352 27.24%
Orc Covenant 464 35.91%
Lizard Pact 476 36.84%
Total: 1292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

A Tartan Tory posted:

Crafters will be rare, until people roll crafting alts. Until then expect some guild monopolies!

I don't think so, unless you are really going for a broad spectrum with your combat abilities. I hit 16 in this weekend and had both my bars full with abilities, I was also sitting on 3 SP that weren't being used because any other combat abilities still required quite a few more levels. As long as you know what you want your character to do you will have plenty of SP to simultaneously level up your crafting as long as you stick to only one or two.

I was concerned that crafting took away from your SP pool to put into combat abilities at first but I think the pacing of ability gain had some actual thought put into it so that you are also able to level crafting without kicking yourself in the dick in terms of getting new combat abilities.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

A Tartan Tory posted:

Crafters will be rare, until people roll crafting alts. Until then expect some guild monopolies!

There are more than enough skill points floating around to craft. Especially if you go on the Skyshard Tour of Cyrodiil.

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters

Third World Reggin posted:

I managed to get to level 22 and have enough skill points spare to keep 1 craft up. I'm sure later on I'll just have enough skill points just for the one guy.

I won't be making crafting alts.

Bank alts might not be bad, but there is no reason to waste the free xp from crafting on alts.

HideousPenguinBoy
Sep 5, 2006
Six foot twenty, F'in killing for fun.

Third World Reggin posted:

I managed to get to level 22 and have enough skill points spare to keep 1 craft up. I'm sure later on I'll just have enough skill points just for the one guy.

I won't be making crafting alts.

Too spergy just to say, "Hey, every Goon, pick one craft and put it on our guild list. Try to populate everything."

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

HideousPenguinBoy posted:

Too spergy just to say, "Hey, every Goon, pick one craft and put it on our guild list. Try to populate everything."

No, I wrote the sperg post. Thank you.

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost
Some of the longer PvE questlines reward you with one or two skill points at the end. You'll have a surplus of skill points as you level up to put into crafting, as long as you're not trying to grab every single combat skill from every tree.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

HideousPenguinBoy posted:

Pretty sure a list of crafters in the guild is just sperg central.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
Technically you only need like 30 skill points to max out a set of abilities to bind, and your chosen armor type. Everything else doesn't increase your power, only broadens your choices.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you just spend a few hours running around with a Skyshard map for zones you've already done you should be just fine on skill points.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

According to this map http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/skyshards/(Spoilers if you want to keep skyshard locations unknown to yourself) there are 5 zones with 3 shard each. Does the dominion only have one starting island and get hosed out of 3 skyshards? Their one island has 6 shards but the map here doesn't show that.

VV The more skills you have slotted in a specific tree increases your xp gain in that tree. Adding abilities from other trees isn't going to reduce your xp unless you are removing abilities from that tree to fit in new ones from others. If I am understanding their system correctly.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 6, 2014

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

What happens with my skill exp gain if I invest in more skill trees as opposed to focus on less? For example, if I have a spear templar will I level the spear skill tree faster than if I have spear and restoration?

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
From what I've been told skill increases for Class and Weapon lines are distributed according the amount of skills you have slotted of that line.

So you can gain Sword skill after just nuking down something just because you happen to have a sword skill slotted. (you don't even need the sword equipped).

For armor its the same deal. The more of a specific type you have slotted, the faster that type will level, but overall you will have gained the same amount of SP if you divide your armor.

In Skyrim it was better/more efficient to focus because of scaling, but here its not really the case so do as you wish.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Oh, so it's the ratio of slots for skill lines that counts, thanks!

mCpwnage
Dec 5, 2007

Motherfuckers, If it says 55 drive 55.

BadLlama posted:

According to this map http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/skyshards/(Spoilers if you want to keep skyshard locations unknown to yourself) there are 5 zones with 3 shard each. Does the dominion only have one starting island and get hosed out of 3 skyshards? Their one island has 6 shards but the map here doesn't show that.

I wonder if you are able to gather skyshards while you do Veteran ranks in the other faction areas, also?

nollek
Jun 13, 2007

We speak for Earth
Just a heads up, a ~4GB patch got released yesterday so patch up your launcher if you haven't already. Hopefully there's another beta this weekend, but I doubt it.

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters

nollek posted:

Just a heads up, a ~4GB patch got released yesterday so patch up your launcher if you haven't already. Hopefully there's another beta this weekend, but I doubt it.

They have been really consistent with sending the invites on Tuesdays. But they may be eager to squeeze in an extra one so they can get in two of the new build before early release.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I could have sworn I read somewhere that there would be another beta weekend... but maybe it was this thread.

nollek
Jun 13, 2007

We speak for Earth

jestest posted:

They have been really consistent with sending the invites on Tuesdays. But they may be eager to squeeze in an extra one so they can get in two of the new build before early release.

I really hope so. I got my key late into the last weekend beta and only had half a day to play before it went down. I was having fun with the first 4 or 5 levels, though it's going to take more than that to convince me to spend $60 and $15 a month. Maybe I can actually make it to 10 and try out the pvp in the next beta.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

There MIGHT be another beta weekend. If there is one, I wouldn't say it is this weekend but next weekend.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

I'm almost certain I read somewhere that there will be one more Beta weekend, for whatever that's worth.

EDIT: Oh, here we go: "We're glad you enjoyed your time with #ESO! This was not the last beta event, so be sure to keep an eye out for updates!"

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Pasco posted:

I'm almost certain I read somewhere that there will be one more Beta weekend, for whatever that's worth.
There's will be one other beta weekend, according to screenshots of the developers on the closed beta forums and the TESO twitter account.
It probably won't be this weekend, though.

Edit: and beaten by your edit. :keke:

radintorov fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 6, 2014

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

radintorov posted:

There's will be one other beta weekend, according to screenshots of the developers on the closed beta forums and the TESO twitter account.
It probably won't be this weekend, though.

Definitely not this weekend. I'm betting next.

Dekatris
Jan 12, 2014
are there going to be nekid sexy time rape mods for this?

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Yep, one more beta weekend before launch is what I've heard. March 14/15/16 seems most likely. Then they have 2 weeks from that point to get a last bit of polish on the game before early access on the 30th.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Dekatris posted:

are there going to be nekid sexy time rape mods for this?

Nekid sexy time rape Addons :eng101:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Their website is such poo poo. Anytime I click on a link it ask for age verification then just goes back to their homepage.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I think it's a general feeling that next weekend will be the next, and last, beta weekend, before Early Access comes online two weeks later for Imperial Edition/Zenimax Online Store customers.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

CountingWizard posted:

I hope that after beta feedback they decide to take the game on a more elder scrolls direction instead of mmo direction, but since it's already in beta I don't see how they could change anything.

We are one month from release, the time to take the game on a different direction passed oh several years ago. All the survey is going to dictate is their marketing.

malhavok fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 6, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

quote:

According to IGN Finland, a new beta session seems to be on Friday, March 14th at 12:00PM EST until Sunday, March 16th at 11:59PM EST.

Found this on their boards.

http://fi.ign.com/news/2407/jaossa-the-elder-scrolls-online-beetakoodeja

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 6, 2014

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

drat, there were at least 15 gigs in today's update.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

BadLlama posted:

Their website is such poo poo. Anytime I click on a link it ask for age verification then just goes back to their homepage.

Sounds like a cookie issue.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
does anybody have a link to any resources for build-lists yet?

I'm thinking 2h nightblade build looks fun w/ focus on sheer bow & 2h damage for PVE over durability.

was just wanting to get an idea of some good builds to plug into a calculator before the next beta weekend.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
It seems like in every Elder Scrolls game I make a guy with a big ol' two hander and restoration magic, and this game looks like it isn't going to be any exception. And since most of the Templar heals seem to be some variant on PBAoE I can just get in the thick of things and swing away with my group! Hooray for me!

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
I was disappointed by the size of two handed hammers in Skyrim. I didn't think to check them out in ESO, are they large?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
The hammers I had found were pretty meaty. 2h axes on the other hand looked like they were way too small to be big fuckoff weapons.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Givin posted:

The hammers I had found were pretty meaty. 2h axes on the other hand looked like they were way too small to be big fuckoff weapons.

Yeah for some reason there is a huge size differential between 2h axes and other 2h weapons. The axes are just tiny by comparison for some reason. Also I think all of the 2h axes are double headed because fantasy.

IMO they should just make the 2h axes longer but make (most?) of them single headed.

Greenllama
Jun 10, 2013

I am a green llama capable of posting on SA forums. Please adopt me.

Evernoob posted:

From what I've been told skill increases for Class and Weapon lines are distributed according the amount of skills you have slotted of that line.

So you can gain Sword skill after just nuking down something just because you happen to have a sword skill slotted. (you don't even need the sword equipped).

For armor its the same deal. The more of a specific type you have slotted, the faster that type will level, but overall you will have gained the same amount of SP if you divide your armor.

In Skyrim it was better/more efficient to focus because of scaling, but here its not really the case so do as you wish.

Yea while it's true that you will gain more skill XP by slotting more skills from one tree, it's only necessary to have 1 skill from the tree slotted. I had one line that had two skills slotted most of the time I was playing and this skill tree got to level 22. I had another tree that always just had 1 skill slotted... it made it to 21.
and I used all 3 of these skills pretty much equally in every fight too

Griz
May 21, 2001

Greenllama posted:

Yea while it's true that you will gain more skill XP by slotting more skills from one tree, it's only necessary to have 1 skill from the tree slotted.

Quest rewards seem to give skill XP to everything you have even if it's not active - there were a bunch of times last weekend where I gained a level in dual wield after turning in a quest even though I was using bows at the time and didn't have any dual wield skill slotted.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Griz posted:

Quest rewards seem to give skill XP to everything you have even if it's not active - there were a bunch of times last weekend where I gained a level in dual wield after turning in a quest even though I was using bows at the time and didn't have any dual wield skill slotted.

I noticed this too. I think a good rule of thumb is if you are interested in using something down the road, at least get a skill in the tree early on so you can benefit from quest rewards skilling it up, active or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Evernoob posted:

I like PvE in the form of long dungeon crawls or massive (not by number of participating players but by difficulty) scripted battles.

I despise PVE when fetching bear asses, and running all over the map for no true purpose.

TESO is more of the second type the first 10 levels, I hope big long dungeons will happen at higher level.

Found some gameplay video from a public dungeon and its pretty big.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtac83SkFRA

• Locked thread