Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Deadpool posted:

Preacher also isn't happening on HBO. It's AMC.

Oh, in that case, who the gently caress knows what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I feel like we should have heard something about the Preacher pilot by now. Like at least casting rumors or something, wasn't it announced before Daredevil?

No it was not, the Marvel Netflix stuff was announced November last year, Rogen only announced he was writing Preacher over the summer. Plus It's TV and it's Seth Rogen doing it (who is also doing other projects) and it's a possible 2015 fall release, you're not going to hear about anything for a while.

Like the Jessica Jones tv series is supposed to be next year too if they don't push it back and there's been nothing about it other than it exists.

Waterhaul fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Dec 1, 2014

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Deadpool posted:

Preacher also isn't happening on HBO. It's AMC.

No wonder HBO has been so tight lipped

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
We all just WISH it would be HBO. :)

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Waterhaul posted:

No it was not, the Marvel Netflix stuff was announced November last year, Rogen only announced he was writing Preacher over the summer. Plus It's TV and it's Seth Rogen doing it (who is also doing other projects) and it's a possible 2015 fall release, you're not going to hear about anything for a while.

Like the Jessica Jones tv series is supposed to be next year too if they don't push it back and there's been nothing about it other than it exists.

Well Jessica Jones had those casting rumors recently. So there's that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Daredevil was the same way and then they released all this promotional stuff all at once. Netflix is weird about it's marketing, did you know that their Marco Polo series is being released next week? Probably not.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I'm excited!

http://instagram.com/p/wHkPednsiv/

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Hells-to-the-yea!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Well shoot, that kind of news is going to cause a firestorm.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

redbackground posted:

Well shoot, that kind of news is going to cause a firestorm.

Are you trying to get a job writing for Gotham?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

Are you trying to get a job writing for Gotham?
I fear I may be too subtle for their tastes.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

redbackground posted:

Looks like a storm is coming. And it will rain down fire from this storm. Yep. Raining fire from the storm. Some might even call it a....dramatic music....firestorm.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Every episode of Gotham should have Donal Logue tell someone "you are quite the JOKER" while winking at the camera.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

StumblyWumbly posted:

Every episode of Gotham should have Donal Logue tell someone "you are quite the JOKER" while winking at the camera.

Starting with Bruce.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The Flash/Arrow crossover is loving hilarious and awesome.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

redbackground posted:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Flash was...really weird this week. It was like they spent too much time on it for one episode so just resolved one story off-screen, and just completely ignored the other story. :confused:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

irlZaphod posted:

Flash was...really weird this week. It was like they spent too much time on it for one episode so just resolved one story off-screen, and just completely ignored the other story. :confused:

The other story carries over to tonights Arrow.
Will say that the resolving of the villain off screen was really loving jarring though.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I don't think it was that bad, once they knew how his powers worked and attacked him as a team there was no way he could have possibly stood up to them for more than a moment. They used the time in better ways.

For reference, the villain's power was if you looked into his eyes he could make them glow and induce rage in you. Once they know this all they have to do is take him down before they look in his eyes which isn't hard when you have arrows and super speed.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Eh, I thought it was fine and kind of funny. I mean, the dude's power comes from him staring into people's eyes. Ollie and Barry knew that after Barry got "infected", so capturing the dude would be trivial. They could literally just walk up to him with their gaze diverted slightly downward, or Barry could zoom in and put a bag on the dude's head, or Ollie could just shoot him with a rope arrow from 50 feet away, etc. Flash vs Arrow was the name and focus of the episode, and the bad guy of the week served his purpose, so they chose to use the remaining screen time on other things rather than having a one-minute scene of them easily capturing the dude.

e;fb

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I thought it was actually really funny that the villain was beaten offscreen trivially once they worked together.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

I thought it was actually really funny that the villain was beaten offscreen trivially once they worked together.

I actually thought that was kind of the point.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Also worth mentioning that it looks like (based on previews) tonight's Arrow episode is going to be all about Barry and Ollie actually working together, so if people just want to see that then tune in tonight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was, but some people thought CW messed up or something.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

It's a two-part episode. Generally, two-part episodes try not to wrap everything up in a single episode.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Ha. My cable glitched right when it came back from commercial so I thought my DVR had skipped the part where they caught Bivolo.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ToastyPotato posted:

Ha. My cable glitched right when it came back from commercial so I thought my DVR had skipped the part where they caught Bivolo.

Any chance you're Canadian because my cable/pvr glitched a few times and stuttered some parts (so I missed out on the part where Welles tells Ollie that he knew his dad, and something about a blonde girl in a coffee shop).

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Madkal posted:

Any chance you're Canadian because my cable/pvr glitched a few times and stuttered some parts (so I missed out on the part where Welles tells Ollie that he knew his dad, and something about a blonde girl in a coffee shop).

This happened in the US as well, it seems to have been pretty widespread that there was a little stutter right as it was coming back from that commercial break, kinda like it was jumping into the middle of a scene, which caused a little confusion when combined with the fact that Rainbow Raider was suddenly captured. Pretty funny, actually.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Clearly AMC heard this thread talking about Preacher since they decided to officially announce it's been picked up for a pilot at least. Of course whether it ever gets released/leaked is another thing but at least it is actually happening and not just staying in development hell.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Great now I get to confusedly try to explain the plot of the story to my curious friends while constantly saying "No, but, it's actually done pretty well and makes sense!".

Super excited. As long as it's even Walking Dead quality, I'll at least enjoy the start a whole bunch.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
S Preacher TV show is one of the few things that makes me wish I was a dumb kid again.
I appreciate it, not sure I'll be able to watch it.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

It's not offical official yet but apparently Krysten Ritter is Jessica Jones.

Which until I see something crazy good from the series is a complete miscasting.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ehhhh, I am not a fan of her.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What does Jessica Jones do anyway? Why is she getting her own series as opposed to any other female character?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

greatn posted:

What does Jessica Jones do anyway? Why is she getting her own series as opposed to any other female character?

She works with Matt Murdoch as a bodyguard and is involved with Luke Cage. She is street level and while has powers they are not really important. Read Alias it is really good.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

greatn posted:

Given that it's adapting Alias, she's a private eye/former superhero/sometime Matt Murdoch "bodyguard"/future wife of Luke Cage/"down to earth" look at superheroes and their relationship with regular people and an example of where being a superhero can go badly.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

It's not offical official yet but apparently Krysten Ritter is Jessica Jones.

Which until I see something crazy good from the series is a complete miscasting.

She was good in Breaking Bad, and I liked her in Don't Trust the B, and while neither of those characters are much like Jessica Jones, they also aren't much like each other.

greatn posted:

In the comics she's married to Luke Cage and the mother of his child, if they were planning on having a tv show that ties into a Luke Cage show and it was about a woman other than her, it'd be really weird.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Seems like Mike Coulter is going to be Luke Cage:

quote:

I hear it came down to her and Teresa Palmer, with both doing chemistry reads with The Following‘s Mike Colter, believed to be the choice for male lead Luke Cage.

Ritter is extremely slight so I wonder if she'll hit the weights for the role. Colter I only know from Good Wife where he strikes me as a bit wooden, but that could just be the character.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I mean, I know this isn't being fair since I don't know the character, but her only descriptions being "She's Luke Cage's wife and Matt Murdock's bodyguard, she has powers but it doesn't matter" doesn't really inspire confidence. Apart from her relationships to men, what does she do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

greatn posted:

I mean, I know this isn't being fair since I don't know the character, but her only descriptions being "She's Luke Cage's wife and Matt Murdock's bodyguard, she has powers but it doesn't matter" doesn't really inspire confidence. Apart from her relationships to men, what does she do?

She used be a superhero, she quit and became an alcoholic private detective. There were rumours of a potential Jessica Jones show going back years (well before the first Avengers film or Marvel reclaiming the broadcast rights to Daredevil). Her relationship to the men in the shows is likely part of why they're doing it now, but this wasn't some flash decision.

You should read Alias if you're curious about the character, it's only 18 issues.