Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Revol posted:

Holy poo poo, I had never played Rune Factory 2! I started playing it again today expecting me to recognize everything, when I realized I must have only played it the first time for like, five minutes, and then given up for some reason. I wonder how that happened?

Anybody got tips on starting out in RF2? What's the best weapon type? Who's easy to marry? What monsters do I want to get first? What does RF2 do different from RF1 and RF:F that I should know?

If this is the HM I'm thinking of, then marry the rich chick. Then you get to be in-laws with Max. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I finally got this game a few days ago and have been playing a lot ever since. Last night I was midway through my first fall and was checking my calendar or something. As I walking back to my bed I happened to notice something at the top of the screen and went to investigate and what I had always thought was a blank wall turned out to be a doorway and... holy crap! There's a kitchen there! Have I had a kitchen in my house this whole time?? How did I not know there was a kitchen there???

So I'm not incredibly observant, I guess. :downs:

Really digging this game so far, though. Except that I have an unrelenting and possibly unreasonable hatred for my chick's hat. It is the worst hat. I wish I could get rid of it or buy a different one for her. I think it's the dumb flower on the back that enrages me so.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Really? I must have blacked out during that part.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Corridor posted:

I dunno if I'm the only one currently playing this or what (8th Winter first year, just picked it up again after a hiatus).

I was playing it a LOT and then Etrian Odyssey came out and distracted me. :black101: I'll probably get back into it soon, though.

Corridor posted:

What do y'all do in winter to make moneys when there's no greenhouse basement unlocked? Just fish and make jewelry?

I pretty much commit to disappointing the mayor at the bazaar every week. v:shobon:v

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Spaseman posted:

How does fertilizer work? What is the difference between using it once and using it each day? from what I've seen, Raul's stuff only increases the value of my crops by half a star and trying to create slightly better fertilizer from the windmill would realistically take far too long.

I guess what I really want to know is what does it take to get 5 star quality crops?

It's pretty easy once you've opened up the seed-making windmill, at least with quick-growing crops. Plant the crop, fertilize every day until it is ready to harvest, make seeds from the harvest, repeat. The seeds will retain the star increase, so each crop will be higher in rank.

This is most worthwhile for quick-growing crops you only harvest once, like turnips or potatoes. You can do it with long-growing or multi-harvest crops like eggplant or tomatoes, but that would take forever and I probably wouldn't bother until I had a basement to grow them in.

Also, some people figured out how many days in a row it's most efficient to add fertilizer so you get the most quality increase and don't waste any (I think it was four days, or something), but it's kind of a pain in the neck for me to try to remember how many days in a row I've been fertilizing, so I usually just do it every day until the harvest is ready, regardless. Fertilizer is pretty cheap.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

It also seems like I had more success with higher level animals if I beat the poo poo out of them before trying to tame them. Just be careful not to overdo it and accidentally kill them!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The only place where 2 excels and 3 falls short is the presence of Max. Man, I wish he were a marriage candidate in 2. Can you imagine, waking up every morning to, "Hello, I'm Max! Your husband! Remember, it's MAX!"

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It's a very weird game and I don't like it too much. It's not overtly bad or anything, but mostly boring and devoid of charm. The villagers are boring, there's no real exploration to speak of, and the town is a static map where you select different houses. The farming mechanic is alright, and ranching can be a little fun, but it seems like they throw in too many unnecessary steps (thrashing wheat, for example). It also had its plus sides, but to be honest, I forgot most everything about that game, it's been over a year since I've played it.

edit: It also has a pretty different tone from HM. It seems more focused on survival, at least at the start. You have to prepare yourself for winter, and if you don't store enough food you could starve. You also need fire wood. Another example of the different tones is how you have to personally butcher your animals to prepare them for food.

That sounds like a really interesting concept for a game. All the stuff you mentioned in your edit sounds really cool. Too bad it sounds like they didn't try to give it much personality, though. A lot of the fun of HM is socializing with the townsfolk.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

GruntyThrst posted:

I can't believe the gay thing is even an issue anymore. For gently caress's sake the only people who give a poo poo are radical social conservatives and they don't play video games because THEY ARE CORRUPTING OUR YOUTH AAAA.

Hey, just because they don't play games doesn't mean they should let anybody else have a good time.

I'd have gay married Gaius, too. He was dreamy. :swoon:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Serenity Dove posted:

Secondly, I'm looking at what HM games have been released in the last year. If I've enjoyed the RF games up until now is it worth my time picking up number 3? Also I see there's a new HM out soon, Tale of Two Towns? I'm considering skipping over Grand Bazaar and going straight for that one. Good idea?

I liked Grand Bazaar. The main difference between it and other HM games is the Bazaar system.
Instead of throwing all the junk you want to sell into a shipping box every day, you hoard it until the end of the week when your character shleps it all to the Bazaar and you get to play a minigame where you sell it all. The bazaar is also where you buy your animals and tools and stuff. I really liked that mechanic, some people didn't. It's a personal preference thing.

Other than the bazaar thing, there wasn't a lot to make Grand Bazaar stand out from the rest of the games. Two Towns has a lot of good buzz, though. I'd say go ahead and get both, but if you're only going to get one, maybe wait for Two Towns, or even just see how people feel about it once it comes out.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Spills the Moon posted:

How did everyone enjoy Grand Bazaar? I really liked it up to about my second year. There just wasn't enough to do. I believe I have the game still saved on my wedding day. Once I got to that point it just felt like I'd done everything and I put it down.

I really enjoyed it, but relationships were, to me, definitely the low point of the game. Just not enough variety. You probably stopped your game at about the right time. I liked my husband ok until the day we got married, and then he lost what little personality he had and just became some boring dude in my house.

The social/marriage system is a big part of what draws people to the HM games, so it's so weird to me that the RF games, particularly 3, were the only ones to get it right.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Spills the Moon posted:

Furthermore, the game lacked options for improvement. I really loved the cosmetic enhancements an HM game offers. Was I alone in thinking the deck and the bathroom in HM64 were awesome things? After two years of Grand Bazaar, it grated on me that increasing the capacity of my storage room and the freezing ability of my refrigerator were the most advanced things I could do. It was stupid.

It's always fun to start out with a dumb little shack on a patch of garbagey useless land and over time turn it into a lovely estate.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I have to admit I'm a little relieved. Playing two HM games at once puts me at risk of getting HM'd out. Also it'll give me a little more time to finish replaying Little King's Story.

I'd be sad if the DS one got pushed back, though! That alpaca must be mine!

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 19, 2011

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Oh, wow, you guys, the alpaca is the most adorable thing.

I don't know if this is true of all the stuffed alpacas, but mine has a bump under his mouth that makes it look like he's pouting. :3:

Ok, time to play the actual game, now!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Can someone take a picture of their preorder Alpaca? I'm curious to see it.

Here's mine:

I feel it's the cutest of my HM preorder livestock. Even cuter than my cow who has only one horn for some reason!

Just look at that face. :3:

So, for people who have been playing, how about that Howard guy? Don't suppose he's a marriage candidate, to you? :bigtran:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Are you using your pot as well?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

LordSloth posted:

It also has that system I personally dislike where you can water your crops twice a day, and have to if you want the maximum growth rate.

I do love the new crop irrigation trenches/rows, though. Pressing A once to water a whole row of crops, even without ever upgrading my watering can? YES.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

ArmadilloConspiracy posted:

I haven't been posting much because I've been busy playing, for whatever that's worth.

I'm a few days from the end of spring, and I enjoy the game so far. While none of the eligible bachelors seem to be quirky/insane, a few of the other people are, which helps. I enjoy hearing a one-eyed orchard master ramble about his place in the academic community, and the furry of a blacksmith be shocked that I could figure out what kinds of gifts he likes. Also Howard keeps trying to convince me to move to Bluebell so he can share gossip with me <3.

I think the personalities of the other villagers (potential love interests, in particular) is by far the weak point of the game. How am I supposed to want to develop a relationship with a dude when all he ever says is "Boy, you sure work hard, don't you?" or, "I like crops/horses/flowers!" Even the bachelors and bachelorettes in Grand Bazaar had more personality, and I thought they were the flattest characters in the series so far. Even the characters in the original SNES game seemed more fleshed out, though that may just be because the horrible translation job made them all seem functionally retarded.

I agree about Howard, Panda Dude and Orchard Guy, though. Orchard Guy in particular goes on my long list of people in Harvest Moon games that you can't marry, but that I wish you could. Guess I gotta settle for Horse Guy.

quote:

I'm having the damnedest time trying to figure out fertilizer, though. Whenever I try to throw it on a growing plant it tells me I can't use it there.

There's a section on this page describing how to do it. It seems like more trouble than it's probably worth, at least initially. Once you have the ability to turn crops into seeds, it might be worth doing.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Jimmybob posted:

It seems like lately they always make the hottest one someone you can't marry. drat teases.
They've been doing that since the beginning. Remember the mayor's wife from the SNES game?

Howdy, Ma'am.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Wandering Knitter posted:

Also I don't know if this will be handy for anyone else, but you can be a huge cheat and submit food bought from the Tea House/Cafe to the cooking festival.

It saved my bacon after my summer of no loving crops what so ever. :argh:

Whaaat?? The soup competition this Summer snuck up on me, so I didn't have any combination of ingredients that day that would turn into soup when thrown in a pot. I decided to see if I could poison Pierre instead.

I attempted to submit a rock, a branch, a bug, and even a failed dish, but the stupid mayor wouldn't accept any of it.

For the following entree competition I thought I had it all sewed up. I made an omelet, and with pretty good milk and egg, too. But I didn't notice that my oil had gotten old and was rotten which degraded the freshness of my dish as well and the stupid mayor wouldn't accept it. I threw it in his face before going in to watch the competition, where TWO people from my town had submitted failed dishes.

All this and it turns out the mayor doesn't even check whether you made the dish yourself?

Hey, Mr. Mayor... :fuckoff:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

eggrolled posted:

Sad, no Tides of Destiny from Amazon yet. :smith: Anyone else went that route?

I did. They haven't shipped it yet.

Edit: In fact, I just checked and their delivery estimate is the 14th. That's ok with me since I'm in the middle of a game I want to finish first anyway, but if you're in a hurry, maybe you want to cancel that Amazon order.

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 8, 2011

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Yeah, what is with those things? I'll be running around an island where all the inhabitants are plinking away at my health with maybe 8 damage a hit, and then out of nowhere some Dire Wooly jumps up and snuggles my face for 100 hit points. How is it that this game is causing me to flee woolys on sight?

And yet I still can't bring myself to intentionally attack them because it just feels so mean. :(

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

As I recall, Runeys were a pain in the butt, but it didn't take THAT long to keep them in check, once you got your system set up and had a routine established. The method Emalde linked is a good one, and it worked for me. I think it's worth reposting:

Maldraedior posted:

1. It rains a lot in summer, but you should still have some sun. Have Candy wish for a Sunny Week, I think it costs one rock, one tree and one grass Runey. You're gonna need some sunshine because most of the Runeys will go into hiding when it rains

2. Basic Runey maintenance is not too difficult and is only really time consuming if you're trying to push a bunch of areas into prosperity or you've let the populations spiral too far out of control. Hopefully you've stopped for the night and read this before starting again because you'll want to have made a bit of progress before the 20th and if you can get things stabilized before the end of the month you can take advantage of the grace period that happens during the first week. more on that after

BASIC RUNEY MECHANICS

The default pattern of Runey life is the food chain. Every day the Water Runeys will eat some of the Rock Runeys, and you will get about half as many new Water Runeys as Rock Runeys were eaten. The Rock Runeys eat the Tree Runeys and grow new Rock Runeys. The Tree Runeys eat the Grass Runeys and grow new Tree Runeys. The Grass Runeys do not eat anything. Grass Runey growth is based on the proportion of Grass Runeys to the total population of Runeys in the area. Basically, the more not-Grass Runeys in an area and the fewer Grass Runeys, the more Grass Runeys will grow. The important thing here is if there are 0 Runeys of a type no more will grow, so your first order of business(once you get some sun) is to run around to every area and hoover up as many Runeys as you can. Once you've done that check with Candy or use the machine in the clock tower and try to get a few of every type in every area. The lake is a bitch so I suggest throwing some extras out there. I don't know whether eating or growing happens first so try to get 6 or so of each and ride it out as best you can until

SPECIAL DAYS

on or around the 20th of each season there will be a huge growth spurt of whatever type that area is affiliated with(you can see this on the distribution map, Mist's is Grass, the beach is water, etc). In the future you'll want to make sure you don't have that type maxed out and miss it but this time through this burst is what is gonna help you pull back up so you can get some real work done. The other special time is during the first week of each season. The food chain stops and all populations of Runey grow by a few each day, so the important thing is to just make sure there are a few of each type and get your farm organized. The homestead doesn't seem to follow the food chain. Runeys just grow, and the more crops you have planted the more Runeys will grow, so don't neglect your farming

GRASS FACTORIES

grass factories are the key to raising Runey populations. If you have enough Grass Runeys and can keep the world's Water Runeys in check the other types will fall in line. Pick somewhere convenient and small(Mist's place is best but the beach and Town Square make good backups) and suck out every Tree Runey and as many Rocks as you can. Leave 10 or so Grass and dump as many water as you have. If you're short you can throw out a few Rocks, but the idea here is to get about 10 Grass and 60 not-Grass(or Tree). The next day you should have about 10 less not-Grass and about 10 more Grass. Siphon off the new Grass and go collect a few waters from other areas to reset the grass factory.

PROSPERITY

Prosperity is the end goal of Runey balancing. An area in in prosperity when you have at least 35 of each Runey type. Prosperity will cause your crops to grow faster. One area in prosperity is enough to cause your grass to regrow every day. Two is enough to completely break the economy. The important part now though is that Prosperity shuts off the food chain for that area. Instead, Grass will drop by two every day, but all other Runey types will skyrocket up to the max of 60. Once you've got one grass factory and one area in prosperity you can stabilize the rest of the world in a week.

Every day after your farm work quickly suck up any big groups of Runeys. Run over to your grass factory and suck up any Grass(if you use Mist's you can just grab all the Runeys in the main area and leave the ones past the bridge, otherwise make sure you throw back a few Grasses.) Dump out any Water(once you've got plenty of Rock you might want to start doing a 40/20 mix, it will cut back on starvation deaths) and run to the Clock Tower. This is the easiest area to keep in Prosperity because the machine is right there. Suck up any Runeys outside the door and in the little clearing below. Check the machine and drop enough Runeys to bring the totals up to 36/36/36/40(Grass). Then, one area at a time bring all your totals up to 20.

Once you've got everything stabilized you'll have more Runeys than you know what to do with. You can keep working and bring more areas into prosperity, but all you HAVE to do is reset your factory every day, reset the Tower every other day, and balance out the other areas ONE TIME at the end of the month.

If anyone else comes back in they will suggest you hack your Wii and use the infinite Runey cheat, but it's not necessary and makes you a DIRTY CHEATER

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

LLSix posted:

What and where is the first animal that can be tamed to gather crops/ores? I've already got the key to the third shine and I haven't found one yet. I'm spending whole days gathering in my crops now and would love to offload all that tedium to a monster so I can go back to making friends and cracking skulls.

I found that level makes a much larger difference than any gear choices. I ground the hell out of the first couple of areas to max out the spring island using only yellow runeys before doing anything else. I haven't had much trouble since except that some of the random islands are much higher level then the first floor of the shrine in that zone.

FWIW, I found the spear to be clumsy and switched to twin swords/katana/wind staff after the first shrine. Katana seems particularly boss, doing more damage per hit than two-handers with 10 more attack than the katana.

I have an orc gathering crops on my Spring island. Can the same monsters that gather crops also gather ore? If they can, that would save me some time.

I usually don't worry about whether my gathering monster gets every little thing. I plant a bunch of sprouts, make sure to pet everybody every day, and then check in the storage bin after a few days to see what's there. If it seems like I'm getting a lot of bare spots in the field, I plant them again, but that's about all I do as far as farm micromanaging.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Partial Octopus posted:

I think I'm going to live in bluebell during the winter/fall and chinatown during spring/summer. I'm starting to enjoy the game a lot more now. I'm halfway through summer 1. Also I don't understand why you can only fit 2 chickens in the farm but 2 sheep and 2 cows. It seems kind of strange.

That was my initial plan (after starting out in Bluebell) and then every single season that bastard mayor would find some reason why I simply *couldn't* move this month. "It's raining! Town Hall is closed!" "Now there's a festival!" "Woops! you missed the deadline!"

I'm pretty much resigned to never leaving Bluebell now. Never ever. :(

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

There's actually a time limit in that one, so don't waste too much time screwing around. On the other hand, night doesn't end until you go to bed, so go ahead and screw around after all; just be careful not to pass out.

You probably know that stuff already, though. It's been so long, it's hard to remember. Watch out for Hitler, I guess. He's... actually not so bad in this game? Mostly talks about peace and love. His presence always made me worry a little bit about the fortune teller, though.

I usually married Ellen in that game. She made me cakes. :3:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Gotta be the Yak for me. My small cow plush only has one horn. I can't let Natsume hurt me again. :colbert:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

If you don't mind taking a slight risk (I've really only heard good about it but it's new and all) A New Beginning.

That's an important consideration. All new HM games are the best thing ever until the next one is announced, and then almost immediately it's like, "I hope they don't repeat all the mistakes of that last piece of poo poo!"

That said, I'm really enjoying ANB so far, but I'm only on day 10, so my opinion doesn't count for much yet. The characters seem to have more depth than "I like horses!" or "I like bugs!" Also 3 out of 5 possible brides appear to be older than 10 years old, so clearly Harvest Moon is making progress!

As for other DS HM games, I preferred Grand Bazaar to ToTT. I liked the windmills and the Bazaar mechanic. The biggest problem for me, though, was the same as my problem with ToTT, which was the flat boring characters. Yes, I know you like art. Think of something else to say.

I liked Sunshine Islands, too, but a lot of people didn't like the micromanaging that went into that one.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Well, yeah, that's the intent. But then why not just make crops grow faster, then? What's the point of making the player do tedious busywork just to make that happen? It's poor gameplay design.

The ability to water crops twice doesn't add any interesting gameplay or depth to the game. The developers should have just picked the growth times they wanted and stuck with that.

Because if they just made it happen automatically it wouldn't be a reward for putting in the extra work. I'm not saying it's a great feature or anything, but I get why they put it in.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Night Gaunt posted:

Back on topic, I think everyone should post pictures of their HM plush collections. I want to see all the cute animals. :3:

Here's mine!

Note that my cow only has one horn. He came that way. :( I think plushie quality went way up with the last two, though. My alpaca has this bump on his chin that makes it look like he's pouting and that's drat cute. Also the yak is the softest thing. Any of you who haven't experienced the softness of the yak plushie are missing out.

Oh, my! How unseemly! Stop it, you two! It's against nature!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I'm right at the end of my first summer and just won the intermediate level of the crop festival with a three-star tomato. I have a cow and chicken and a baby chick. I can get the first level of town restoration if I ever get around to putting some street lamps up. The only bachelor in my town is that animal dude and he's a complete dick, so I don't associate with him.

So maybe I'm a little behind the curve on this one, but taking my time is ok. :)

I was wondering what level of cooking you guys recommend I get to before I quit cooking things individually. I can grind through for as long as it's worthwhile, but it would be nice to just start grilling stacks of fish.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Careful about building your life around those weather reports, though. They seem to be wrong an awful lot.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

elzie posted:

I'm halfway through Fall of Year 1 and I'm working on Restoration #3. The problem is, it's literally been raining ALL SEASON LONG except on Festival days when the shops are closed anyway, so, I ran out of chicken feed and now it's Thursday and it's raining and oh god Neil why the gently caress is your shop closed on weekends?

All of my chickens are gonna die. :smith:

I'm in the exact same situation. 'Sup, chicken murdering buddy? :smith::respek::smith:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I think they were thinking, "Hey, Twilight is pretty popular. That guy was a controlling jerk, right?" And judging from the reactions, looks like they were right.

I can see marrying him just for the sometimes entertaining experience of marrying a videogame shithead, but actually thinking that sort of thing is cute?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Toriori posted:

Can cheese or yogurt be part of the crop festival? Also, for this restoration I have to win intermediate in the monthly crop festival, any tips?

If there's a crop available in your season that regrows, pick that one. You can keep fertilizing even after you've harvested, and it will continue to improve. I won intermediate with a three star tomato, so it shouldn't be beyond your reach.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Any reason I should hang on to "barn dirt" other than as something to stuff into Allen's mail box? It would make sense if there were a way to convert it to fertilizer, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for Harvest Moon to start making sense.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Fru Fru posted:

I suppose you could do that but there really is no reason to when eating one piece of food will fix it. Also Klaus is insane. One of his cutscenes was like a five minute rant about why macaroni has a hole in it.

Huh. Looks like now I have a mad doctor to befriend.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

So one of my cows is HUGE now! I assume this means I did something awesome, but what does it signify exactly? Do I get a special bonus from it at all besides the joy of having a cow as big as a tree? Is it safe to stop feeding her treats now?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

I got my first five-star today. Baked cheese, and it's only worth 655 gold :sigh:

Win yourself a festival or two and you will never have to worry about money again.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Fogu updated it's animal info! Finally I got some answers about giant animals!

fogu posted:

To reach the maximum 5-product level though, your cow will need to be super-sized! The increase in size and the ability to produce 5 products are tied together; the cow won't reach a bigger size unless you've fed it enough treats, and it won't produce 5 products until it is a larger size. So to reach the 5-product level:

• Feed it enough treats to reach the next level after level 4
  • Have the cow between 9 to 10 hearts of friendship
  • The cow has spend 1000 hours of time outside the barn on your farm

If you have pets herding your cows, reaching 1000 hours of outside time won't be a problem. Pets will herd animals at 7:00 am and bring them back in at 5:00 pm, which gives the cow 10 hours of grazing time. After 100 days of being herded, the cow will naturally have the necessary 1000 hours.

If the cow drops below 9 hearts, it won't shrink back to its original size or stop producing 5 products.

Hopefully that helps anybody else who wants giant lactating monsters roaming around their farms. :)

There was also this little tidbit...

fogu posted:

The more friendship the cow has, the less of a chance that it will die in the morning when you wake up.

:gbsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

If you throw a snowball at the ground, sometimes it will break open and something will be inside. (We're talking a flower or a piece of wood or something. Nothing to get too excited about.) I haven't noticed any blueprints or recipes that require snowballs. I usually save them up until I have about 20 or so and then throw them all at once.

• Locked thread