Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Fragrag posted:

No Jack, you were supposed to be Kat's love interest!

not enough feathers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

Do you mean her obsessions with them, or their obsessions with her?

Yes

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Saoshyant posted:

Out of curiosity, why is that exactly? Seems pretty odd that just because it's the last year the students can do away with the uniforms.

In terms of sixth form (which is actually the last two years) its because, at least for the moment, it is because it is post compulsory education you don't HAVE to do your A levels, though your pretty much hosed with out them. Though in my case sixth formers still had to wear shirt and tie.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

mrpwase posted:

(the city in Zimmy's head is Coventry)

Wait so jack fell for Zimmy because she sent him to Coventry? Sounds kinda backwards, but I suppose especially with kids it often works that way.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Ok I love this one way too much Smitty and Parley are almost certainly two of my favourite characters.

Edit: now if only I had moneys :(

Rumda fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 10, 2012

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Rumda posted:

Ok I love this one way too much Smitty and Parley are almost certainly two of my favourite characters.

Edit: now if only I had moneys :(

And now it is done thanks again guy.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

SimonChris posted:

The best of part of the comic is how everyone is now perfectly okay with the presence of the worm, even though they were running from it in terror only two pages ago. Clearly, they were all in on it from the start.

Am I the only one that took Wednesdays comic to mean some form as mind-control as well as illusion powers from Blue?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Phy posted:

I always thought those gloves just had little wires sewn into the finger tips to conduct the body's natural electrical field to the phone screen. Maybe Jones doesn't have an electrical field?

Which means if jones was a robot she would have an electrical field.
Hmm she's like a robot but non-conductive, and also very heavy, and possibly both mechanical and Etheric, JONES IS A GOLEM.

Also with regards to the new page

HWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

T-man posted:

In other news, have we considered that it may be a Father in relation to a church or other body?

I can't see Tom being that dickish in the actual comic. In the rant or comments on a forum or twitter sure but not the actual comic

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Fecha posted:

I was fine with the golem idea until I thought "Well what kind of golem had a childhood?" I guess it's possible she went through some process to become non-human?

Undead doesn't quite work because undead people don't tend to be super dense.

Well they never said she was their age just that they knew her.

Robo Pope posted:

Undead golem? That would basically be like a Frankenstein's Monster, right?

Pretty much, most places (by which I mean d&d and offshoots) tend to refer to them as flesh golems.

Rumda fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 20, 2012

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Prison Warden posted:

I think there is something in this, when Annie was first learning about her heritage, the phrase "when you have a child" was directed towards Annie, and the comments below the page specifically point out the use of the word "When"

Calaveron posted:

It is in fire's nature to propagate itself.

Huh this is slightly worrying.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
We know brinnie was not Jones before we knew brinnie was brinnie

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Is it just me or is Antony trying too hard to quantify feeling smacks a little of sociopathy or maybe I stretching a little

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Well that was quick.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
While it may indeed end up being a godlike machine that won't necessary make it a deus ex machina.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Just because Tom is a better writer than to spend pages of content in a VISUAL medium explicitly spelling out the exact rules that the magiputer follows just to please the more spergish of his readers does not mean it has no rules limits or costs.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Both of those could easily be described as different uses of the same power creating hard light objects, but then you and tubgirl would say its too powerful because the same thing that could be used to stop a sharp branch arm could be used to stop a sword or a bullet

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

1stGear posted:

Is that how it works? Cool. Show me that. So next chapter when Donny waves his hand around and stops Jeanne from impaling Parley, it doesn't sound like an asspull.
look at the Ysengrin page there are clearly 3 layers of shielding and one has been shattered I think its a safe bet to assume a tangible hologram is what is stopping the force of the blow

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

You realize microchips and computer code have blueprints, right? Like, you need to know how they operate and be able to communicate the basic principles to make one. They're understood things that can be described via language, which is for communicating ideas and not being some obfuscatory squiggles with inherent power over nature. That's how they're real things distinct from magical spellcasting.

Cool, thought as much

And yeah none of this is going to be terribly meaningful in another three-six months but if we were about saying/thinking things of lasting value why even post on a forum

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Tea-san posted:

Kat eventually makes her own later in the story.
:stare: This is one of the best things I've read all day.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
The fact that Goblions even managed to get this far is a slap in the face to (almost) every other comic in the list

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
You could make the argument that he sees himself as the tree wolf and those that knew him before see him as a twisted freak (seriously look at his introduction and the headmasters reaction to him) with the ether form being his true self, though it maybe revealed that an ethereal image is based on your subconscious self image which would mix things up

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Perfection

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Well its not going to happen now is it

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

JT Jag posted:

Parley/Smitty better be coming back in some fashion, they're great.

drat right they are.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Secret Spoon posted:

Jones killed the dinosaurs.

Too early for that.

Maybe she landed on a pre-biotic earth, and all life is descended from microbes on her skin.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Gaia Theory confirmed?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
It does lead to some amusing hypocrisies though, like my boss saying he doesn't eat mushrooms because there fungus while drinking beer and eating a blue-cheese burger

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Phy posted:

Batesian mimicry.

ok I read that as Batman mimicry at first, I think its time to sleep...

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Male Man posted:

Your old avatar has a URL of one less than your current one:

Or you can just use soap

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Smug Fox strikes again!

The sumgest fox.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Tenebrais posted:

Grey squirrels are pretty much the only species of squirrel in Britain at this point. I've never seen a red one in the wild.

They are actually making a come back in Cumbria at the moment, at least according to a headline on a Cumbrian Life magazine I saw in the shop last week.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Fucknag posted:

Looks the same to me?

Third panel right arm

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
That reminds me, the sleeping form looks more like his actual body than his usual wolf form.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

SHISHKABOB posted:

So far, we have never seen anything about "doing the evening survey" in the training for becoming the medium. Now obviously that doesn't discount the possibility entirely, but I have a feeling that Tom was trying to give Daniel the vibe of "just a guy doin' some work". Whatever that work is and how it relates to the court-forest relationship is probably not really important whatsoever.

Well if back that a guy could just go over to the forest to do some ecology field work or whatever, and now only the mediums and their protectors as well as those with express invitations can cross the bridge then it IS of great importance since renards murder of the guy is the reason for the current frosty relationship between the court and the forest.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Hodgepodge posted:

Or maybe she was a little girl who found/received a doll and wrote "if I die I want my brother to have my dollie" in her diary. Jesus loving Christ, goons.

well she is said to be Adams older sister, but it could have been written a fair bit ago.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

The Red Queen posted:

A lot of dolls have cloth bodies and porcelain hands, feet and heads, so the comedy option here is that she ends up a malevolent porcelain head, sitting on the ground stewing in her evil.

Yeah but the porcelain is already cracked so it would under the heat crack more.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Angry Avocado posted:

If her spirit is anything like Renard's, she dies if she doesn't find a new host immediately.

Well the one thing we know is that it won't work exactly the same as Renard, since his power was a 'gift' of coyote, and when he gave it he lost that power so he couldn't have given it again to a murder shrimp.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Lowen posted:

Does anyone else hear Bill Bailey for Bud? Because I totally do.

It would be harder not to hear him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

MooCowlian posted:

Maybe I'm misreading, but I was under the impression that was just her first step into a forest village. I didn't read too far back, but that's the chapter where she goes off into the forest for the summer. Ysengrin is supposed to be taking her to her new home.

No that's it.