Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I've been aware of Caro and his crazy exploits for a while now but I never really knew anything more specific than "Went to Libya, then went to Syria, now missing", so now after a little google I see that he actually fought alongside Libyan rebels? I was sure he was only playing journalist.

Did he go to Syria to fight alongside the loyalists or was he going to join the rebels/al-Qaeda/whoever? Does anyone even know?

What a crazy guy. Assuming that he isn't dead and someday turns up well and safe, wouldn't he be tried for treason in the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

He is. Starved to death in a regime prison.

Source? Can't find much new info about him past 2012.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Well. Here's to hoping he's not being tortured anymore, at the very least.

I guess he was just a crazy mofo with some balls of steel. A shame nobody could stop him before he threw his life away and earned himself a dosage of unimaginable suffering, and who knows what damage he actually wrought to others.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Any particular reason why IS consider the Peshmerga to be Zionists?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

illrepute posted:

Any idea which rebel faction is attacking those Filipino peacekeepers in Golan?

Israeli media is reporting it's al Nusra.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Watch her video "Why the NWO hates syria".

She probably believes that the Protocols of the Elders of Zion is a real historical document, she's really into that whole 'Jew world order' style of antisemitism.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

suboptimal posted:

Really? Everything I had read suggested that it was two parallel waterways to better facilitate traffic in both directions and to accommodate larger ships.

Unrelated news: do we have a :clancy: emote yet?

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4577648,00.html

Oh ynet, keep spreading Bibi propaganda like it was actual journalism.

If IS actually wanted to master the deadly secrets of weaponized atoms wouldn't they set their sights at the only country in the region that actually has them?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Is I/P chat still forbidden here? Seems like an intifada is erupting any day now and the thread was closed cause people kept responding to MIGF's childish nuke-chat posts, while I agree with the sentiment it seems like there are other ways to deal with those kind of derails rather than straight up closing a thread that has generally been rather civil in comparison to previous I/P threads.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Well technically every being is born in a state of Fitra and is therefore a muslim so.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

More accurate to the Middle East, what you're looking for is dhow tradelanes and average transit times. I'm of the firm belief that fishermen from West Africa knew of the Americas, if only for the rich fishing possibilities. Folks discount the evidence there is of this since they refuse to grant human ancestors the samw autonomy and ingenuity as we currently have.

Well that, or the fact that there's actual irrefutable archaeological evidence that proves that the Vinland colony existed and given that it was apparently the only serious attempt at westward exploration and colonization coming out of Europe during the entirety of middle ages perhaps it isn't that much about other people underestimating our ancestors as it is about the fact that successfully crossing the Atlantic using primitive boats is a pretty big deal that not too many people have seemingly pulled off.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
What do you mean a third intifada is unlikely? this is the third intifada, it is happening right now. Abbas has nothing to do with it, this time it's all about spontaneous attacks carried out by individuals with little to no planning and no involvement from the old timey resistance groups.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
We've had this debate about a hundred thousand times in the I/P thread (which should be unclosed), when one people oppress another people the wrongdoings of the oppressed are indeed partially the responsibility of the oppressors, no one is magically absolved of their own personal wrongs but there is an obvious 'larger struggle' at play which cannot be simply ignored.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Guys stop fighting, the solution is clearly to make replicas of these souvenirs, sell them ourselves and use the money to buy IDF soldiers pizza.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
When the story about her joining the YPG first broke out the Israeli media went a long way to discredit and depict her as an Oheret Yisrael and a fifth column, she was apparently involved in scamming old people and has spent some time in the brink, when Elhanan Tenenbaum was captured by Hezbollah when he was trying to conduct a cocaine deal this was kept on the hush hush by the Israeli media as he was a personal friend of Sharon, he was eventually released as a part of a prisoner exchange alongside the corpses of the three soldiers who were killed in the incident the served as the casus belli for the second Lebanon war.

Given that Israel has no IS prisoners and that she's viewed as a traitor and a criminal this could get rather interesting, I suppose that Israel will appeal to the Canadians to take the vanguard on this one to avoid PR complications.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Running off to fight alongside Muslim rebels is a very leftist thing to do.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
They're citizens of those countries, they can't just be exiled. France is not Israel you know? I assume most of these countries have laws against participating in terror activities and volunteering to work for known terror organizations, it's one of those times those laws should be applied.

Ideally you'd want these people extradited to the countries where they actually committed their criminal activity but sending these guys as prisoners back to Assad is pretty much the definition of a cruel and unusual punishment.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah, he's trolling.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Reports in the Israeli media about an IDF airstrike on two targets near Damascus.

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Report-Israeli-airstrikes-strike-targets-in-Syria-near-Damascus-383902

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Libluini posted:

Yeah, I saw this in the news today, too. Apparently Israel is still eager to make Assad regret he ever tried to fight the Syrian rebels with Hizbollah. :v:

That, or Bibi is getting freaked out by election polls and he's trying to stir some poo poo up before march so he can scare the Israeli voting public nice and good.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
We're on the Internet, either ignore them or otherwise be crass and dismissive. This is basic stuff guys, you all actually fell for "Islam is not a race lol".

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

AllanGordon posted:

I am glad to know that people are putting a poster on their ignore list because it matters to me how they view this thread.

Thank you for never ceasing to do that ever everyone.

Your not a racist badge is in the mail.

also obviously anyone who thinks clit cutting is problematic is a troll of course who could believe that

"Problematic".

This is all well and good but wouldn't you agree stuffing jews into gas chambers is worse? But of course anyone who thinks Christianity is barbaric because of it is a troll who could believe that huh.

I'd take Muslims 9 times out of 10 over some blood thirsty Christian who's likely to massacre myself and my people every time he needs a scapegoat for some dumb reason or another.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Peta posted:

Hahahahaha holy poo poo how sensationally ignorant do you have to be to claim that Judaism is historically as bad as Islam

So we can all agree Christians are terrible right? Glad we found some middle ground here.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Peta posted:

Historically yes. Currently Islam is a much larger threat

Violently conquering half the known world was definitely the action of a few Muslims haha

Historically? so all's forgotten after 70 odd years of not butchering minorities wholesale in their own lands? My you have a short memory.

And the Islamic conquest of the first caliphate was a lot less violent than other conquests of similar proportions.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

the boston bomber posted:

Do go on about how radically different the tenets of Islam are from Judaism and Christianity.

Well to be fair Islam actually has central tenets.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Peta posted:

Haha you are a dumb fucker

epic ownage.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
My inner sperg feels it's important to point out that the parable of the woman caught in adultery was added to the new testament several hundred years after the fact and the earliest manuscripts found do not actually contain it.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Squalid posted:

Yes it is.

Not only is polygamy perfectly acceptable in the Torah and Israel/Jacob had multiple wives (same as Abraham) but in certain situations Polygamy is actually mandatory. And on top of all of that, the Torah and old testament in general have a tangential at best relation to the actual body of Jewish law.

Peta is one ignorant mother fucker.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Vernii posted:

Sorry to break it to you but communism lost. :jerkbag:

Was really great to see 60 new posts and think something interesting happened but no, its just a long boring derail about poly bullshit by some idiots.

Best Friends posted:

The best thing was it wasn't just poly bullshit out of nowhere at Christmastime, it was extremely angry poly bullshit out of nowhere at Christmastime. Definitely some lovely, well-adjusted people exchanging thoughts and ideas.

Mods please rename thread: Extremely angry poly bullshit?!? On Christmastime?!?

Congrats for making the two worst posts in the thread by far, nobody cares about your weekly state of the thread review and the majority of the people on this planet don't even celebrate CHRISTMASTIME.

It's really shocking that these sort of posts aren't probatable but the post I'm currently making probably is.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Tangentially you are an idiot who can't parse through four lines of text, much like a few other goons itt.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Do you own sex slaves Al Saqr? cause given that you consider me and Ms. Matalon to be racist murderers for the actions of the Israeli government and ruling class I must assume you're a pedophile human trafficker who flogs bloggers and executes homosexuals.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 19, 2015

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
There was also the incident earlier this month where IDF attacked near the Damascus airport, also allegedly Hezbollah targets though it hasn't been officially confirmed by Hezbollah.

It definitely looks like he is trying to stir something up and the timing can't be a coincidence.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

quote:

The common portrayal of her neighbors as being fully aware of what was transpiring but completely unresponsive has since been criticized as inaccurate

I, hmm. Interesting read nonetheless.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

No no, people told us we weren't listening To The People when I said Palestinians know the "left" isn't any better.
[/quote]

You can respond to my arguments directly and see how that aren't invalidated by anything said here, though I could see how it's more convenient to make these sort of statements in a different thread instead.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Edit: buttons got mashed in my pocket, didn't mean to make a post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Count Roland posted:

Israel looking to become more involved in Syria.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.820878

Or less?

Israel has been semi-openly supporting Nusra for a while, it kinda stopped in the last year or so when it looked like the game was won by Assad, now it seems, at least according to the reports, Israel has actively prevented Nusra from attacking Assad.

So what gives? What's the strategy here? To cozy up to Assad and play good neighbors?

This is weird.

• Locked thread