Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Finally caught up with this thread, and saw a lot of good and bad posters on the way. Something I do miss from the early pages is the posts where it shows the teaser poster for a movie (Safe for example) that keeps showing more and more revised versions, slowly losing the girl the title is talking about and just becoming a straight action movie poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

This is the DVD version, but the VHS poster for The Blob remake always just gave me the creeps as a kid. Dunno if this is the same poster for the movie when it came out in theaters through.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of Fantasia, I liked this :shroom: poster made for it during the 70s.

Saw another one like this for Alice on the old dvd, but I can't find it on Google.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Terminal Entropy posted:

That last one is kind of nice as it (though badly) implies an island paradise as someones dream, or nightmare.

So this is a prequel to Inception?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

Fast and Furious 6 teaser

Meh.

I will be disappointed if this isn't like the Fast and Furious 6 from American Dad.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

davidspackage posted:

I can't be alone in seeing a Face/off Nicolas Cage here.

I saw Nic Cage in that picture too.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

Apparently this is real.

Yes, it's a remake of that Left Behind.

Besides the bad compostiion, it looks like he walking on water in this picture!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That poster is reminding me of that "3D" gif someone made for the 3DS thread using that very Lost World poster.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yep, even through the one I saw before cropped it onto a 3DS.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Canned Panda posted:

Newest poster for Jack the Giant Slayer

What with the third giant in the picture. He loos like a giant version of a troll doll or that villain from the last Shrek movie.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vegetable posted:

Hey man don't be hating, everybody just loves their pink scribbly fonts

Ron Perlman looks like a pink TV's Frank in this poster.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lobok posted:

Photo taken while they were being scolded by the principal.

Does that mean the M. Knight twist is them living with his aunt and uncle in Bel-Air.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jedit posted:

It wasn't even original then. Still, I've always wanted them to make a movie out of this:

Besides this comic, didn't Austin Powers feature fembots with machine guns in their nipples as well?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lizard Combatant posted:

Even in his terrible films (of which there are plenty), Will Smith is usually the best part of them.

Probably the reason I enjoy Wild Wild West. Well that and the giant robot spider.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dick Trauma posted:

A different sort of minimalism from all those lovely Mondo knockoffs. Guy with a flamethrower. That's all you needed to know in the revenge-drunk 1980s.

This movie gave me nightmares as a kid when I caught my dad watching it one night. The two scenes that stood out was him killing two people by putting a bag of rats on their heads, and a later scene lowering some business man into a giant meat grinder.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Surprised they didn't put the word Star Trek in tiny print above "In the Darkness".

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lance Streetman posted:

And a bonus lovely Akira:

You can take out the words Akira and make a really awful Three Stooges poster out of this.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Optimist with doubt posted:

I rather like the hulk one but the others are quite bad.

Same thing, it the only one that "fits" being both a comic book movie and the weird use of comic panels in the movie. Shame about the movie being awful through. Anyway, do these have any new features are just repackages of the most recent blu-ray of each movie?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Suzuki Method posted:

The Mulan poster is my favourite, I've never seen it before! I want it on my wall...

Yeah I like that Mulan poster a lot. I got the Princess and the Frog one from the Disney Movie Reward site a while back and it's very nice.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gonz posted:

I want to see some jackass make a fan poster for Star Wars in the style of "A TALKING JEDI?!?".

Only if you use one of those really lame jedis from the prequels, like the guy with the really long neck and tiny head.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Surprise they don't have a mockup for whatever movie he doing for Valve.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Disney stated it almost as soon as they announced their ownership of the property. The movies they will be making will be original material with suggestions from Lucas and co, and that the EU will be ignored.

So long as Chewbecca isn't crushed by a moon anymore, I'm fine with this.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Barometer posted:

It says "Spacehunter" so obviously he's hunting Space. Sounds like a pretty easy job. I know I saw that when it came out but I don't recollect even one scene.

I challenge you to prove IT isn't on Mars right now!! :smug:

This poster is reminding me of this movie that was mocked on MST3K.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I seen this movie recently. It's downright bizarre and words can't describe how insane it is.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Robert Denby posted:

A slightly more preferable tagline to 'LIMPING INTO VIDEO STORES EVERYWHERE IN 1992!'

Wasn't this the Captain America movie with Big McLargeHuge from Space Mutiny?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Stare-Out posted:

And now in our series of 'misguided VHS rentals of your youth'

E: Jason Alexander was firmly on the rise in Seinfeld when he was in 'Blankman'. It's also Greg Kinnear's debut film, apparently. :laugh:

Which one of these has the a serious scene out of nowhere of the main character's mom working at a polling place and her and everyone there getting murdered?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ez posted:

This one however is poo poo. They got the names over the actors which is nice, but I hate that stupid fish. There is no giant fish monster in this movie at all, there is a minor plot point about a fish but other than the movie being named after Wanda, the fish has an incredibly small role in it. I'm fine with something to do with fish on the poster but this weird creature from the black lagoon thing ruins an otherwise decent concept. Also, "A new comedy..." is such a weird thing to put on a poster. Most movie posters are made to advertise a new movie, it's so redundant.

That poster made not by good, but drat if it made curious about the movie when I saw it at the video store when I was a kid. It's just a bizarre poster that really stood out to me. I should watch the whole movie sometime, since I only seen half of it on tv.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

bowser posted:

No...No.

Dunno about you, but Joe Pescie is just so HAPPY in that Goodfella poster.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mind the walrus posted:

In the redband trailer the tagline is "D" and yes that is Maeby.

It looks like mediocre tripe, especially given the caliber of some of the comedians involved.

So this is set during season 4 of Arrested Development? Andy Ritcher better appear in this.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That has me wondering: have there been any films where the marketing has straight up lied about what the film is like? It seems like something that an independent film would have tried before. I've seen things like Red Eye (2005) where the trailer makes you think it's going to be a zany romantic comedy before switching it up, but I don't think I've seen a film where they went all the way with it.

Didn't the trailers and ads for Marley and Me treat it as this light hearted comedy about adopting a puppy?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

Yep, he falls down a hill, breaks his ankle and gets eaten by a pack of Compys.

While Lost World wasn't that great, didn't they use this death for one of the mercenary?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

THE
GOD
OF
THUNDER

THE
WOMAN
OF
SCIENCE

It'd be more interesting if you flipped God and Woman.

It would been a version of this old What If comic.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

Is that Sinbad? I wonder what he's up to now.

He got abducted by aliens and working at a space mall for his alien overlords.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

muscles like this? posted:

They redid the DVD covers of Layer Cake after Craig became Bond and I'm wondering if we're going to eventually see them redone again to make it seem like Tom Hardy has a bigger part.

They should try to redo the poster for Star Trek: Insurrection for all two people who liked that movie.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Don't forget this classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vftf8TTve4s

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Waffleman_ posted:

Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher can literally never be in anything together ever again because I'm just gonna think of Jackie and Kelso and laugh my rear end off.

Kurtwood Smith better play Lex Luthor in this.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

Absolutely gorgeous.

Three new posters for Amazing Spider-Man 2. I guess this means he's up against 3 villains, and that the Green Goblin or the Hobgoblin will appear in the upcoming movie.

I know that suppose to be the Rhino, but he looking a lot like Blade Wolf from Metal Gear Revengeance.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Byzantine posted:

It's subtle, but when Harry talks to the butler earlier in the movie when Peter's there, you can see Peter have a "...who is he talking to?" look on his face.

It been a while since I seen the Spiderman movies, but that same butler was in the earlier movies as well. Just never notice him until that scene in Spiderman 3.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I can't get it to upload to Imgur, but there is a new poster for Grudge Match that is some photoshop magic.

Apologies to kiimo and his team, but I am laughing hysterically over here.

Edit: Here's the link. http://www.impawards.com/2013/posters/grudge_match_ver7_xlg.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks Robert DeNiro looks like Robin Williams in this poster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wonder if they have to use this design for Quicksilver in Avengers 2.