Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm only going to buy 0 if they put item boxes back in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has there been anything on the Resi 2 remake other than Capcom saying 'We're doing one'?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, basically the canon ending to Resi 1 was that anyone who could survive on either characters play through did.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

iirc in the Jill game Rebecca just disappears/never even gets mentioned, so it's possible she just escapes on her own or something, I guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Those books owned when I was 17

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Japan neither game had 3 in the title, Capcom USA seemed to think one of them had to be designated the third game though.

Racoon City with its streets barely wide enough for a single person and seemingly designed at random by a madman is a very accurate portrayal of a Japanese town.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Outbreak got released here in the UK with all the online features stripped out :ughh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nemesis is kind of scary when it does the Jaws thing of using the music to play with your expectations, having him appear with no warning or playing the 'Nemesis is around somewhere' music when he wasn't kind of frayed your nerves after a while.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only options being easy and hard destroyed my brain because I just wanted to play on normal.

Raxivace posted:

I seem to be having more trouble managing ammo and healing items here than I did with REmake and RE2 though, and I'm not even bothering to fight Nemesis.

I hard that problem first time through as well, if you're not making use of the kind of dumb make your own bullets system it expects you to be doing that as well, though I usually ended up saving everything to make magnum bullets and launcher rounds, from what I remember at least.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jan 6, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CV is the only game where I did the hardest bonus mode just because Wesker taking out hunters with just a knife was not just possible but easy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pureauthor posted:

You have NO bloody idea.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think CV's a bit too long tbh, it's easily the longest classic game, probably about the same length as Leon + Claire games in Resi 2 only all in one go. It kind of wears you down after a while.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It does show that Umbrella managed to have the worst self destruct mechanism of all time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was going to say second worst but decided against it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It was designed to be played on a controller originally and worked fine.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just shove her in a bin somewhere

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I remember being so excited for being able to drop items anywhere, never thinking that Capcom would decide this was a replacement for item boxes rather than to compliment them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Accordion Man posted:

They just announced that they're making an entire remake of RE2 recently.

No-one knows what form it's going to take, we're hoping as a full remake but ya know Capcom. It could just be the GC version in HD.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd prefer REmake but I'll take 4. + not so much.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, that was the only thing that made the dumb system tolerable

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Hey I noticed RE0 is getting a lot of mediocre/bad reviews - are there actually any problems with the remake performance wise etc? I guess I'm going to buy it either way but I haven't been following development of it at all. The reviews just surprised me because I love RE0 + thought it was generally pretty well liked

It was the Resi 6 of it's time, except that it's actually bad not just misunderstood.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CV/5/6 are 'easy' ports (in that they already have HD assets) while they work on whatever they're doing with 2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ryaomon posted:

RE6 is a really bad game but a lot of people in this thread payed $60 for it and don't like being wrong online so they say it's good in really oblique ways.

I paid about £7.50 for it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I die to the smash the crystal bit at least once every time I get there

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is it actually possible to avoid taking damage from monster Steve? Even in successful runs I always got hit at least once.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

...I had no idea shooting it actually did anything.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Link?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's getting there. I think some Final Fantasy games may have it beat still.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jia posted:

RE6 co-op Mercenaries is the most fun poo poo, what does RE5 have other than the least memorable campaign and boring enemies

Sheva was neat I guess

Lots of black guys with spears

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was just going to Wikipedia to check something and found out that the main writer for Code Veronica and a bunch of other Capcom stuff died like 10 years ago. :/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Of course in the original game Jill was Easy and Chris was Hard.
So to speak.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Seems to be the same game in 1080p60fps, haven't noticed any differences so far.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd rather have a Resi 2 remake be like Resi 2 to be honest.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'But I failed.... Miserably'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What happened in the Darkside Chronicles version of RE2? I dunno if I ever played that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Golden Goat posted:

They should just remove the AI player completely if you're doing singleplayer.

This would be ideal but then you'd have to rebalance the game for single player and it's Capcom and :effort:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Golden Goat posted:

Don't? Just center it around single player in the first place.

Then you'd have to rebalance it for co-op....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Golden Goat posted:

Again, dont. Just have it add in player 2 and everything else acts the same as it would with single player.

It's more directed at removing the AI for single player. I'm not saying this is a perfect solution for it.

I can hear the 'Capcom phones in worthless co-op mode' reviews right now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

man nurse posted:

I hope remake 2 is like remake 1. Peace

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who designed Jake chapter 2? I'd rather walk around slowly as Leon for an hour.