Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Ugh, not a fan of the plot convenience as for why he couldn't follow him.
"I didn't bring a flashlight" well yeah, except it means that this entry ends up accomplishing nothing and he'll inevitably just have to come back. It's the "Let's go back to the abandoned house 3 times" all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

The cameras up to this point have conveniently had flashlights or night vision attached. Whether or not its logical still means the creator made a conscious decision to pad it out.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Len posted:

Someone with free time and archives should go back through the older threads and pull out all the crazy theories that people stuck with and then abandoned.

That was like 50+% of the old threads.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Water as a weakness doesn't work in horror. It was dumb in Signs and it'd be dumb here so I give them more credit than that. The human body is 2/3rds water. You'd be virtually slenderman proof just by virtue of existing.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Docjowles posted:

Ironically that is what has turned me off about a few of the Slenderman video series, like Angels' Game. They go to great lengths to appear to just be a normal guy going about life, and then oh yeah I saw this weird tall dude outside my window last night, pretty creepy huh? They'll go 3 entries with literally nothing happening except the guy talking about his homework or going for a walk. It works for a few 2 paragraph blog posts, not so much 30+ minutes of video.

Yeah, I understand what they're going for, try and sell you on the idea of it being "Real", but it's just not very conducive for storytelling. Marble Hornets immediately kicks off exactly what it's trying to do in the first video and every video thereafter is posting footage with something hinting at slenderman (or at least somethings not right about this).

EMH took a bit longer but the premise was entertaining to start instead of mundane garbage and it DOES at least put slenderman in the background enough to make you think this is going somewhere.

I cant remember how TT started but I'm pretty sure it also starts with the knowledge that something is wrong from the beginning.

• Locked thread