Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

This looks cool but fat chance of me using onlive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

You can buy this game through the devs right now for 9$, and you get a steam key which works already, even though it doesn't unlock on steam for an hour.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Man that drone phase is really hard unless you have bombs or missiles.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

BitBasher posted:

This is my beef as well. I just had a game where I never found a single damaging weapon for sale. Ever.

I have also had a game where I never found a single crewmember for sale or pickup.

It kind of makes those games a complete waste of time.

This is the bane and joy of roguelikes. It sucks when it happens, but it owns when you get those cool runs where the game dumps unusual choices on your lap and you find a way to win through the random seeming junk you have.

As to unlocking more ships, generally the path is have a crewmember of a certain race->find an event in that race's home world->go to the quest markers and do what it says. You'll also find more events if you have things like upgraded medbays, troop transports, and scanners.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

HyperHopper posted:

Why are all of you always like 1 step from being in rebel territory?

To get as much time in each sector as possible before moving on

e; Also keep in mind going into rebel territory isnt instant death. They're moderately tough fights that just dont give anything except 1 fuel.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Charlie Foxtrot posted:

I'm on probably my best run yet, got my crew up to 8 including a Rock and... whatever the bug thing is that's really fast. Got me a crew transporter and knew that poo poo was going down.

First ship, I teleport on, kill the crew, and get more swag than if I would've blown up the ship. YES.

Okay away team, time to come on back. Hmm... teleporter doesn't seem to be working... maybe it's still cooling off. Lemme just...

KABOOOM!

The enemy ship explodes (I swear I didn't shoot it), killing my away team.

Happened again on the very next ship... my crew of 8 is down to 4. Except that time, my missile probably did that.

The first death might have been a death from fire. Every time a patch of fire spreads or damages a subsystem it does a point of hull damage.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Paradoxish posted:

How on Earth do you deal with beam weapons in the stealth ship, especially at the start? It feels like without shields they can just lock you down completely until you're either destroyed or forced to run away.

Kill the other guy's weapon system asap

VVV One of the rock variants doesn't have airlocks

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 16, 2012

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Charlie Foxtrot posted:

I did it again. Lost my away team. How do I teleport them back? My teleporter is maxed out on upgrades and had full power, the ship I was on had a teleporter in the green... this is 6 people I've lost in one game alone. I just had to sit there and watch them burn. And the loving away team doesn't have enough sense to put the fire out on then enemy ship even though everyone else on the ship is dead. UGH. Six people lost in this one playthrough alone.

There's two buttons on the teleporter, one outgoing and one incoming. Target a room on the enemy ship with the incoming to beam any friendlies in that room to your pads. Make sure they've stopped walking into the room before you hit it, or it doesnt count them and will leave them behind.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

So I saw an event for the first time, a slug asked me 'How many moons are there here?' What the hell am I supposed to do for that?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Vib Rib posted:

Also I can't even imagine getting the Manpower achievement. I barely made it through two sectors before I was pretty much done for.

You just rush it, flee as many fights as you can, etc.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

https://twitter.com/FTLgame/status/247056308417740800

"Yes, we plan to continue to add content. Maybe not at Minecraft frequency, though."

Assuming he doesnt mean slower than minecraft winter 2010-2011 but either way it's great news :v:

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Noreaus posted:

If I bought my copy via GoG, does anybody know where I can find the serial number to import it into Steam?

Unfortunately I dont think the GoG copy comes with a steam key...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

It's entirely possible. It's difficult, and it requires you to sacrifice someone for each stage or use a boarding drone, and you'll probably have to have a bunch of well-leveled fighters if you can't disable the medbay with weapons, but it's still not impossible.

How do you actually kill the ship? If you kill all of the crew the AI controller takes over.

• Locked thread