Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Fetucine posted:

Holy poo poo that ending was so bad.

The loving glowing kid was stupid and all the options were some shade of repugnant. Destroy is literal genocide, Control is virtual genocide in destroying/overriding the Reaper's minds, Synthesis is the least bad but still a massive change Shepard has no right to make. At least that's what I gather from the conversation.

Shooting the kid and getting an ending that amounted to "gently caress you too" was pretty :allears: though

I didn't have a back-up save at any point during the last mission, so I'm just going to imagine all the poo poo with the kid was Shepard's final hallucination as she died beside Anderson. I can live with that as an ending.

This was what I did. The star kid pissed me off, it was like that "ignore me" episode of Venture brothers where the alien shows up looking like Jonas Venture, then doesn't actually have any closure for Rusty, he just chose a face Rusty would connect with.

Play with my emotions and put me into a situation where I have to look at a child I watched one of your creations literally cut in half? Stand there using his face and voice and tell me -after I've turned both EDI and the CylonsGeth to my side and convinced the Whole Galaxy to put aside their old hatreds, to help each other in spite of their shared histories - that synthetics and organics will never coexist?!

I've got Synthetics and Organics fighting side by side to kick your smug alien asses, I single handedly saved and united the galaxy before I set foot on your ship, and you're going to tell me now that I have only three options because your civilization hosed it up eons ago?

gently caress you, Star Kid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

I dunno, aside from that moment he jumps on the roof of your flying car as you repeatedly fly under a series of overpasses and don't smash him into one of them, he was no worse than Kasumi and her flying leap one punch airship killing...

loving weeaboos.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Burning Mustache posted:

Actually I think that's pretty debatable. In fact I'd argue going back to the bomb makes more sense because the entire point of the mission, first and foremost, is to blow up the base so you better make drat sure that bomb blows up. Having Shepard and his squad head back to that to guard and defend it until the last possible second seems like the more logical option.

I mean, sure, as the player (who has played these games dozens of times) and in hindsight, we know that it will of course detonate just fine regardless, but you know what I mean.

And we know it will apparently have enough time before detonation for the Normandy to get safely into lower orbit... And for the people you let run away get outside of the blast radius on foot. But not enough to fly a few hundred yards between the Nuke and the AA gun (or to leave the inactive members of your squad, or indeed the Normandy Itself, with all its weaponry to guard the Nuke).

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Sky Shadowing posted:

Sort of angry a remastered trilogy is coming, at myself more than EA. Last summer got the entire trilogy on PC, slowly accumulated all the good DLC. All for nothing. Had it all for Xbox 360, but had learned with KotOR that it sucks having to drag out and set up a console for one game/series.

I bought the original ME for 360 back in 08 but never played through it and got a red ring not long after, so I've only just gotten around to buying the whole trilogy for PS3 like three months ago. :downsgun:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

Mass Effect movie rumors are starting to spread again. Possible release of Nov 2016. All conjecture of course.

When I first saw the Godzilla trailer, I saw it in another language and didn't pick up the dialogue at all, but Damned if I didn't sit up and start getting giddy when I first heard the reaper sound effect. A movie could be cool. Maybe. I have no faith in anybody in Hollywood being able to pull it off though.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Police Automaton posted:

The flesh slurry must flow

But seriously hollywood nowadays is afraid of anything that isn't a sequel or so generic as gently caress to not offend or confuse anyone that the movies barely get distinguishable. They'd totally gently caress everything that makes ME interesting up.

Yeah, they'd take and put modern SF guys jumping out of airplanes together into it somehow, and throw in a few F-22s and M-4 rifles.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Fangz posted:

I'd only watch a Mass Effect film if it involved femShep. Which it isn't going to, so bleh, it'll just be another dumb scifi space man shoots aliens film.

Yeah, this. I don't know why man-Shep is the default "canon" version, I'm really struggling to get through my Male-shep trilogy playthrough. There are just so many reasons why Fem-shep works better.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

The problem with femshep is that the game makes no sense with her as the lead.

I'm curious why you say this, but I disagree. My preference might have everything to do with the fact that I played through with Femshep first, but it made perfect sense to me.

In ME1, they're more interchangeable, although I think -opinions on the delivery of some of the renegade lines vs. the paragon lines aside- Shepard's range of emotion if you're not playing 100% pure Renegade/Paragon makes more sense as a woman.

In 2 and 3 the relationships between Shep and Anderson, Shep and Garrus, Shep and Wrex, and the Star Child make more sense with Shep as a woman. Especially the star child. It just made more sense to me that it bothered femshep as much as it did, to the point that my first response to the conversation was that I had absolutely no problem shooting the hologram in the head for loving with me like that.

I don't know why, but the relationship, especially at the end of 3, with Anderson just seemed a lot closer with Femshep. He felt more like a mentor/father figure than with maleShep. Thematically, Anderson choosing a woman as his successor candidate for the Spectres, especially given the still strong anti-alien racism on Earth, seemed like more of a push for something new and different for humanity as a whole. You're there to prove humanity to the council, doing the same old thing doesn't really get that across. And because of that, it made sense for him to keep standing up for her after ME2, and to call her kid even after everything she has been through. (Also I didn't feel like an over-the-top rear end in a top hat for punching out Al-Jilani as femshep)

For Wrex and Shepard, I think it's perfect that femShep influences Wrex in ME1 enough that his actions in ME2 are more satisfying. Especially when he shoves aside Krogan-Worf to greet her as an old friend and equal, it's just more mud in the eye of the traditionalist Krogans. It also makes a good motivation for his giving Eve as much deference as he does beyond just "She's fertile".

As for Garrus, yeah, Buddy Cops Bonnie and Clydeing it up. Garrus felt like an equal to both characters, but the banter was better between G and Femshep in ME2, Femshep seemed a lot more happy to see him when you recruited him, and I think Garrus was the only romance option in all three games where it felt like the two were actually equals and not in some kind of power-imbalance relationship. Garrus didn't have a position on the ship so he wasn't really subordinate to you, he wasn't hero-worshiping you, he wasn't outwardly confident but really insecure and vulnerabletm, he wasn't emotionally damaged, he didn't have a difficult childhood or other legacy to live up to, and he wasn't your secretary. Maleshep had no equals available as romance partners.

Oh, and I absolutely hate Kaiden as a character, so Male or Female, he's almost always the one who dies in ME1. I don't even care, I went through his conversation tree once and that was enough. I just really really hate Carth Onasi

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 26, 2014

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

CPFortest posted:

Cool, the ME3 thread got to the special level of stupid again.

The Cycle must continue

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

So then what's the consensus on the right background for Shepard? Earth Born? Colonist? War Hero?

Personally, whatever other origin option you pick (Earth Born or Colonist are better because they leave you all alone in the galaxy, making things even more poignant), it has to be Sole Survivor, because the Cerberus connection with Akuze makes their efforts to revive you in ME2 make a lot more sense than just "Shepard is special". Cerberus has been arranging "accidents" like yours for decades trying to find the perfect super soldier/survivor/whatever, and in all that time, you're the only one to walk away. Of course they're going to spend billions reviving you.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

rudecyrus posted:

But it makes less sense for Shepard to be working with them, since they were responsible for wiping out his/her unit.

Yeah, it's a shame there's no dialogue directly referencing Akuze except that news report about the other survivor, (and that makes no sense since "A Council Spectre" corroborating his story should have made up for killing the scientist), but the auto-hate for them right from the get-go, and continued suspicion/hate despite Miranda and Jacob doing their own rationalizing does make more sense that way to me. (Especially since my next trilogy play-through Shep never encountered Cerberus in ME1, so the insta-suspicion didn't make as much sense).

Then again, I'm suspicious by nature and never really shook off the idea that TIM was working with the collectors and sent them after you in the first place, something that was only reinforced when you were sent to the "dormant" collector ship.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

JawKnee posted:

and spent billions reviving you becaaaaaause?

Because you were their super soldier, their key to humanity becoming dominant in the universe, because the Reapers were afraid of you, and TIM was going to use that fear to control them, and because you weren't meant to die in the attack, but then you did because you sacrificed yourself for Joker, which is why the rest of your crew survived instead of being taken on the spot by the aliens who seem to exist only to abduct humans.

(edit: and actually, until I played Lair of the Shadow Broker, the question of how Cerberus came across your frozen body pointed to a TIM/Collector alliance. In fact, the Liara saved you to shop you around to different groups for reasons was pretty :downs: in comparison)

JawKnee posted:

good thing they were right about the stupid bit.

seriously, why didn't I just go "welp, thanks for reviving me; career soldier that I am I'm heading back to the Alliance now, toodles!"

Because the Alliance and the council still didn't believe you about The Reapers, for reasons. (Like, I could understand covering it up to not cause a panic, but believing the cover story themselves, after you proved to be right about Saren and about Sovreign, and saved their lives?)

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 27, 2014

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

JawKnee posted:

"working with the collectors" does not allow for this conclusion.

It does if you conclude that TIM was playing a game of 12th Dimensional Chess against Harbinger who was playing a different game of 12th Dimensional Chess against TIM.

Let me see if I can plot the logical progression:

TIM conducts Super-Soldier experiment like Mr. Glass in Unbreakable.
Shep is the only one to come out alive/avoid capture.
TIM is going to do behind the scenes stuff for Shep to get pushed into position to be a Council Spectre.
TIM is going to advance the cause of humanity etc through Shep/Humans getting a seat on the council.

Now the Reapers show up and threaten everything.

TIM, like Saren, sees that the fight against them is futile, but maybe there's a way around it -> Merging with or Controlling the Reapers.
TIM looks for ways to do this, finds the collectors learns about what they do (creating a Human Reaper), Knows the Reapers fear Shepard, tries to trade Shep for favor with (or more information on) the Reapers/Collectors, suspects that Shep will be able to survive one way or the other.
The Collectors don't respond the way TIM thought they would, Shep doesn't respond the way TIM thought Shep would, Shep dies, TIM now has nothing to bargain with.
The Collectors capture Shep's body (which is really the only way Shep's body surviving makes sense. Liara finding the body later makes absolutely no sense, because she was in an escape pod on the way to the planet and once away from the remains of the SR-1 would never be able to track Shep down in space), dump it at the feet of TIM.
TIM needs the leverage that a living Shep provides, so spends billions bringing back Shep, continues to feed information to the collectors while thinking of a way to double-cross them.

I think TIM counted on Shepard surviving the encounter and was going to be make himself out to be the Reaper's best hope for stopping Shep.

SgtSteel91 posted:

1. It seemed kinda reasonable for the Council to be dubious on the Reaper claims.

It's almost like there were no devices in the Council Chambers capable of recording video and audio when Saren was standing there explaining the whole plan, or when Sovreign took over Saren's body and started explaining things, or when Saren uploaded a program to the control center of the Citadel Mass Relay device, which itself should have been fairly easy to verify and would have been proof positive.

1. doesn't seem reasonable at all because Shepard has proven to not be prone to wild flights of fancy. 2. is a reasonable explanation for them not doing anything overt, but not for them to pretend there's no threat. 3. is a fine motivation for Shep, but doesn't have anything to do with the council believing or not.

JawKnee posted:

'good thing I'm a Spectre still and can pretty much do what I want then, kind of like in the first game'

On my first playthrough I wasn't a Spectre because I let the council die and said Politics ain't my thing and when I started ME2 said Udina. So I played on as if I was anyway, was rude to the Illusive man all the time, and insisted that I wasn't working for Cerberus every time it came up.

quote:

increasing Cerberus' role at all was a dumb move, especially since they seem to have been unintentionally painted as totally incompetent in ME2 and then suddenly hyper-competent in ME3 (Citadel jokes aside)

I don't totally disagree, I think bumping them up to major player in the universe was a mistake, I think a "Shadow Council" run by the Volus who saw the invasion as good for business would have been just as appropriate.

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 27, 2014

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Actually, no, I don't think the story was even thought out that much, and they relied on vagueness instead of intrigue to create suspense and mystery, so it was like most of the Sci-fi/conspiracy fiction from the 00s, sort of poorly made up as they went along. :sigh:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

SgtSteel91 posted:

But it's besides the point. Shepard had no proof in ME1 and no proof was found between ME1 and ME2. Sorry, curse the Reapers for being so good at covering their tracks. Or blame Shepard's luck for finding proof only to have it blow up later.

But the fact that the Citadel is itself a Mass Relay ought to be easy to prove, even if all the recordings are gone.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

sassassin posted:

No one knows how the everyday-use ones work, so how would they confirm if the city-sized space station was one or not?

They're not a complete out-of-reach mystery though, the Protheans were able to build the conduit.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

I bought this game on the PS3 back in January and it's pretty much all I've played since then. After finishing only my second full trilogy run-through I chose Control and I have to say, yeah, Shepard "dies", but it really was the right ending. TIM was right all along, he was just the wrong person to do it.

Now having finished it again, I figured I'd start over with an insanity/max out/trophy hunter replay and... ugh, I just can't be assed. :effort:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

sassassin posted:

Congratulations on being indoctrinated. I look forward to destroying your insane god-spaceship form in ME4.

I thought about it this time. Synthesis was definitely the Reaper goal the whole time, it's literally what every Reaper you spoke to said they were doing when they harvested the other races.

Also, I'd like to think with the decisions my Fem-Shep made along the way for the betterment of all races, as opposed to TIM's Earth First view, that Reaper-God-Shep would have fixed everything then sent the reapers into the sun once all the repairs to the galaxy were made.

After seeing that ending, yes the Destroy ending ended the reapers once and for all, and I suppose civilization eventually rebuilt, but a lot of people died to make that happen. Shep sort of lived (assuming medical care in time), but all the relays were destroyed, the citadel was destroyed, the blast radius from the reapers killed a lot more people, and the Normandy was stranded on random jungle planet.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Hmm, On actually reading up on indoctrination theory, I see that my very first solution was the right one all along. The only reasonable option is to reject all of the options the Catalyst gives you in the first place and trust in Liara's information being passed on to subsequent generations to give them millennia to prepare and build the crucible properly, while trusting that the massive technologically advanced and strategically diverse fleet you spent the game building is able to put such a hurt on the Reapers over the next centuries that they will know they've been in a fight by the time they return to dark space, and when they do come back, they'll come back to a civilization that knows everything and is ready with a fully-studied and ready to go crucible instead of a hastily built in the middle of the invasion we-don't-know-what-it-will-do crucible.

Or yeah, destroy is the only correct option, Shepard was always never on the Citadel in the first place, his/her body was left in the rubble after Harbinger's attack on the beam site, and the crucible did what it was supposed to without you interfering.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

sassassin posted:

Condemning every man, woman and alien child in the galaxy to a horrifying death at the hands of the reapers is not a reasonable option when their ruler hands you the keys to the castle. Rejecting the options and surrendering is making yourself complicit in the continued murder of billions/trillions. End this poo poo.

You're not doing the next galactic generation a favour by passing a war down to them, even if you hand them the key to victory, considering its one that you apparently don't consider worth using.

Two things. Assuming you are indoctrinated and hallucinating, the catalyst is an unreliable narrator and given the similarity of endings regardless of your choice, how do you even know if it even worked? But also, you don't even know if the Crucible worked or what it actually does because nobody had time to study it. (Of course, Liara's info would still be passed down even if destruction is chosen, so really it doesn't matter what you choose)

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Mustang posted:

Such as? There's plenty of AAA titles on steam that regularly go on sale, what makes EA games so special that their DLC never goes on sale? And I doubt the number of people using origin is anywhere near approaching the numbers on steam. I really doubt they make more money selling their DLC for bioware or origin points or w/e than they would if they put them on steam.

Nearly every other game with DLC ends up with a GOTY or complete edition by now. ME 2 has been out for 4 years for fucks sake, no excuse.

I'd swear they had a DLC sale in the last two months. On PSN at least.

Also, I'm confused, ME1 and ME2 ARE on Steam? http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18260/ :confused:

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 3, 2014

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Psion posted:

Pinnacle Station is the other ME1 DLC.

also, PSN and XBL get sales, PC does not. Go figure :confused:

Well, at least you can be happy that PSN doesn't ever get Pinnacle Station? :unsmith:

Also, buying it as the "Mass Effect Trilogy" gets you all of the DLC for ME1 and some of the DLC for 2&3.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A-Week-and-a-Half away from my computer Post Bomb!

PootieTang posted:

They should put the bald space marine on the cover and then have the player be a Batarian or something. Not even as an option, just Batarian.

Unless they drop the whole 'YOU SHAPE THE STORY' gimmick a prequel is impossible surely? Because by definition your actions in the prequel couldn't possibly effect what happens in the main ME games?

But the time between the First Contact War and the Reapers is (almost) completely blank. If they avoided "Galaxy Altering/Universe ending" threats and plots, there's plenty of room between those events to do SOMETHING. Of course, if they avoided humans entirely, there's millenia of stuff to do with the Asari, Turians, etc. Maybe something in the Rachni War?

Cometa Rossa posted:

ME1 owns forever but I always felt like Shepard jumped on the quest to get Saren way too readily. Anderson was all "Here's Saren, he's uhhh a really bad dude. He hates humans. Whatever" and Shepard is immediately gung-ho 100% zero second-thoughts into ending this poo poo. Like it's clear he's a bad dude but I always felt like your goals were presented as way more self-evident than they seemed to me.

There wasn't enough build-up to the relationship with Shep and Anderson to justify the level of trust and certainty between the two, but I think Shep really just wanted revenge for the Geth attack on a human civilization and they were pretty certain Saren was behind it.

I liked that in the end, Saren's motivations were genuinely what he thought best for the galaxy in the face of the reapers. In fact, knowing that Shep discovered his motivations and indoctrination and convinced him to kill himself, the way they made such a point at Shep staring at the statue of Saren in the ME2 Kasumi add-on is kind of weak.

Dan Didio posted:

I want exploration, but not from ME1, because that poo poo sucked.

Aside from the "Go ahead and try to drive up these craggy peaks!" and "You can get there from here, but it's gonna be a twenty minute kick in the nuts!" maps, I enjoyed it. Certainly preferred looking for artifacts and mineral deposits manually instead of scanning for them from orbit and dropping a probe on them to collect them. It made more sense: Shep puts a marker on a mineral deposit, sends its location to a company which pays Shep for the info.

Also, yeah, thermal clips sucked, because I wasn't playing Mass Effect for the combat. The first one had just the right amount of Combat for me, not too much of put this pixel on this exact spot to kill your enemies.

Introducing Ammunition clips, whatever you call them, was a step too far towards making it a shooter. I was more interested in the exploration, the interaction, and the story. In fact, it was somebody's post somewhere on SA about it being the closest to a real star trek "explore the galaxy" game that made me relook it.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

sassassin posted:

Sniper rifles with high explosive rounds exist and they're called grenade launchers.

An assault rifle with millions of rounds that only jams if you hold down the trigger for upwards of a minute is a pretty good piece of equipment if you ask me. Especially when cooldown takes about two seconds if you're not an idiot deliberately overheating the drat thing.

Also anti-materiel Sniper Rifles.

Also :qq: my immersion, those gently caress-off huge weapons like the Grenade Launcher you had to take with you on every mission were ugly as sin and didn't line up all symmetrical on your back like the original weapons loadout did.
:goonsay:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Spikeguy posted:

For me, I've never disliked any Bioware game, and I use that experience to color my judgements. But I'm always interested in other points of view.

From Bioware, I've only played KOTOR, SWTOR, and Mass Effect. I enjoyed KOTOR enough to replay it several times (though I prefer KOTOR II, which I have replayed dozens of times). SWTOR started out nicely, but as with all MMOs, I lost interest once I got out of the initial area and into the wider world of true grinding/exploration. Of course, all complaints aside, I love the ME trilogy.

I don't know if I like 1 or 2 better, the full-on exploration aspect of 1 really appealed to me as a super-expansion over the "only main story worlds" aspects of KOTOR, but there were some things that -while they might make sense if you think about it, like certain Starfleet "if in your explorations you ever find X you will stop whatever you're doing to study it" directives- were left unstated in the game: like why Shep would bother looking for minerals or artifacts at all in ME1, and it would have been nice to have to actually do some investigation and uncover early story planets (Noveria and Therum), and discover who certian characters are (like Liara and Benezia) without Udina and the Council pointing you towards them from the get go.

ME2's side missions and exploration aspect were weaker by comparison, but the main story was more emotionally involving than the first. They did a good job opening with "you're alone in the den of vipers and in the control of your enemy, all your friends have gone their separate ways", so when old characters started showing up I was actually pleased to see them and when Garrus gets shot I was legitimately upset and pissed.

ME3 was a little bit of a departure, with you being under the gun the whole time so exploration was cut out, but it was still good and still emotionally involving, to the point where I had to put it down, walk away and collect my feelings on my first playthrough when I couldn't convince the Quarian fleet to stop their attack on the Geth. I was sure there was going to be at least once more try when they refused the second time, my reputation/persuasion was maxed! Tali, No!!! :qq:

As for the combat, am I the only one who just likes playing RPGs and don't need my games to be all things to all people? I (still) prefer Morrowind to Oblivion and Skyrim. I swear gamers who want everything in one game are like the people who eat chocolate mayonaise bacon-wrapped pancake sausage corndogs and people who insist that all their favorite stories just keep getting sequels and cross-overs and reboots until they die.

:downs: "It's not enough that these things exist separately, I want EVERYTHING ALL AT ONE TIME!!!!"

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Fag Boy Jim posted:

This would be fine and dandy if the combat were in fact a small side element of the Mass Effect games, and not something that you are engaged in for a majority of the time. I really do not get it. If you're going to be shooting mooks in the face for what, two-thirds of the duration of the game, why would you not want that to be good?

I thought that the point of these games was the dialogue/choices/interactivity, not the shooting -which was just thrown in to give experience points/make it an actual game and not just an interactive animated movie- but considering that in 3, turning off the interactive dialogue was an option, I'm not sure what the point was anymore. :qq:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

Has there been a game where you play as Bowser yet? Mario (Bowser) Party doesn't count.

Mario RPG had Bowser as a party member.

sassassin posted:

It feels like that because it's exactly what they have done, repeatedly over the course of the 3 games. They flip sides at a moments notice. Blow em all up.

Even from the first moment you learn about the Geth war from Tali in ME1, you recognize that it's all the Quarians' fault and the Geth only ever wanted to survive.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Cleatcleat posted:

Was thinking about Bioware game choices and for DA3 little snippets of info about you have to choose between mages or templars, no compromise supposedly. That's something I'd like to see more of in ME4. Be a dick or a hero but no hashing things out and letting everyone live.

That was the least good part about KOTOR. No Compromise. The only two choices must be polar opposites, you can either be touchy-feely-serene or completely genocidal. What?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Geostomp posted:

Yeah, the option in both games were basically your character giving up right at the end and letting the villain win. Both equally stupid.

Not quite as stupid as the option in Dragon Warrior, I think the first game to offer you such a choice at the end.

:frog: Give up your quest and join me and we can rule the world together!
:black101: Ok.
:frogbon: R-Really?
:black101: Yeah.

Game Over

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Tirranek posted:

What if with all the stranded fleets, Earth ceased to be a human world but ended up being the core of the new galaxy once everything settled down? Sure it's potentially pretty drat grim, but it could have been interesting.

There's the issue of certain races not being able to eat the same foods, and so not having enough of their food to survive long distance travel without the relays, or to figure out a way to grow it on the now wrecked earth.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

LordHippoman posted:

Citadel is the canon epilogue anyeway. The series has to end with drunk Grunt mumbling in the shower or it's not worth it.

Will you pick drat The Lettuce, Expose The Clowns, or have a high enough EMS for Fishdog Food Shack?

Actually, I was wondering about this. I went back and reloaded a character I beat the game with before getting the DLC, played the ending again and found myself at the Galaxy Map on the Normandy with DLC missions to play, after playing through the slideshow and all. :gonk: When are you supposed to play citadel?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

comatose posted:

Yeah going into 2 I felt like I was playing 3 but it is still very different. The power cooldowns are still much longer than 3 and while the combos are there they feel a lot harder to pull off. Also the smg that you start with is horrible and I wish I had the hurricane or whatever it is from ME3.

I just gave up on a full Insanity run through of 1 after the combat just became a really irritating slog through. I don't know why I decided to go for both the Krogan/Turian Ally badges AND the Insanity badge at the same time. (Although now I have X versions of everything and a level 57 character, so there's that .. Though for some reason I can only find Onyx X armor in Krogan, Turian and Quarian versions, the highest human Onyx Armor I can find is IV...).

Anyway, I gave up and started 2 and got the exact same sense. I think it's made all the worse by the fact that the PS3 version of ME2 is built on the ME3 engine, so it looks and feels like it should be almost exactly the same.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Lycus posted:

I don't think you're actually supposed to start a new character in ME1 on Hardcore/Insanity anyway. They're there for your level 50+ walking biotic gods with all Spectre guns on a new game plus.

I didn't, but the enemies scale. The problem is that at level 50+, they just become giant bullet sponges that take forever to die. Even using HM X weapons and Explosive X rounds. And even at full power, Overload and Sabotage might take down one and a half shield blocks.

Anyway, just got tired of it all, went back to my first character and started playing Citadel. "A stiff one in the lips"!!! :magical: This is about to be hilarious.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

JawKnee posted:

people had trouble getting xp in ME?

My current ME1 character is at level 57, has 70,000 points to get to level 58. It's not difficult, just tedious.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Question, I'm going through the Citadel DLC for maximum hilarity and enjoyment on the PS3, and I found that the Combat Simulator was running like holy buggy hell. I couldn't go five seconds without it slowing down to load, and it was even more annoying because I'd spent most of the day playing MP, which should be essentially the same thing. Is this a problem with the Armax Arena in general, the PS3 version, or just my PS3?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

So, does each civilization then construct new areas on the Citadel? Do the Wards just get thicker and thicker?

For that matter, given the size of the Leviathan/Reaper aliens, why did they build everything humanoid size anyway?

:spergin:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

SubponticatePoster posted:

I know it was for ease of modeling, but I really wanted some aliens that looked like giant lumps of jello or fart clouds or something. Maybe with the next one.

I take it you didn't watch Blasto?

lenoon posted:

The hanar never really move, so they're not really animated. Same thing with the Elcor - do you ever see their feet move?

Yes, actually we have seen the Hanar move.

Oh, and just for good measure, I never even tried this in ME2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6rtQ0-ez4g

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 10, 2014

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

You didn't have a save somewhere before the final mission?

I just finished the Citadel DLC myself, full house at the party. Generally a great pack, fun and funny right up until the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeYxLgajtlA And then a nice kick in the guts to top it off.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

sitchelin posted:

The Locust is the best SMG in the game if you're playing a class that only has access to pistols and SMGs. The Shuriken and Tempest can choke on a dick. Doing Kasumi's loyalty mission should be the 1st thing you do after you wrap up on Omega.

Unless you just really don't like stupid FMV Weeaboo scenes.

:ninja: "Oh, we're being ambushed by a gunship and a bunch of enemies!"
:shepface: <kills everything in a few hits, one-shots the gunship with a heavy weapon, takes it to 1% three times.>
:ninja: it's too strong, I'll handle this [with some acrobatics and a super punch]
:shepicide:

I'd really rather just skip Kasumi entirely, because the whole premise is just dumb. "Hi, I'm the first human Spectre, I'm so famous and well known that Cerberus spent billions specifically to revive ME, because nobody else could unite the galaxy and lead it against the Reapers like I can. Also this is my favorite shop on the Citadel. But now I'm wearing a suit/dress so I can tell some uber-rich well connected thief who apparently stole the Statue of Liberty and the Conduit mini-relays that I'm actually some other famous criminal" :shepface:

(And I love that there's no additional dialogue from any other characters Joker: "You know that person with you on the last mission you went out on? ......... But that's just my opinion though, don't go spreading it around")

Put another way, the Kasumi mission is dumb, Kasumi is dumb, and since her mission in ME3 is bugged, there's no reason at all to have her.

On the topic of playing Dress-up DLC though, is there any way to get that N7 hoodie for ME3 now that it's years past buying certain collectors' versions of the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

And of course I have it on the PS3. :/

• Locked thread