Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Apparently someone who had the early bird tier for Paradise Lost dropped out of it and I managed to snag it, hell yeah. This game looks rad as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The MSJ posted:

Hey people, Mighty No 9 hired a :siren:GIRL:siren: as their community manager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXDSfUJBCj0

Fortunately, Axemaniac and Inafune has repsonded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S_S39kSCDI

Holy poo poo, this is perfect :allears:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Thin veiled sexists freak out about a girl.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

Don't start this poo poo. I swear to god, don't you do it. I've had enough of this poo poo. You know exactly what will happen as a result of this. Do you want to read a multi-page shitfest that will eventually stray so far away from video games that it will be as if you had stepped into D&D on accident? Or do you want to save us all some stress and talk about the fact that the early beta of Wasteland 2 is pretty loving rad and I encourage you all to try it out if you have the money and the patience to deal with any bugs? Because I sure do love talking about Wasteland.

So start talking about Wasteland, then. :munch: I'm interested to hear what you have to say, I haven't been paying attention to Wasteland much at all.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Drifter posted:

I thought they said she was also an enemy designer?

The item on the kickstarter page and website said only that she was a community manager.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I'm pretty happy for those guys, that game looks awesome. I don't have money to give to them at the moment but I'll end up getting that game when it launches as long as it doesn't suck :v:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I think I like E and H way better than the one that won.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Toffile posted:

E, F, and H were the concepts that made it to the 2nd round of voting. F lost by a point and a half.

You mean won?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Do not even ask posted:

The Chainsaw Incident crowdfunding campaign that they've teased for a million years ago has finally gone live

Wait, so, do you only actually get the full game release at 75+ dollar pledges? The lower pledges don't say anything about receiving the retail game, just the alpha/beta. Unless I'm missing something.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

That game looks seriously awesome. Was Knights of Pen and Paper any good?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I thought it was only ever planned as a multiplayer game anyways?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fair enough. I backed it at the lowest tier it took to get in on and haven't been paying attention to the updates for a while :v:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Gaspy Conana posted:

An acquaintance of mine just http://kck.st/1tdwBPu launched a Kickstarter for his adventure game, Paradigm. Despite the somewhat bland name, it's a pretty strange, fun looking little game. The art is fantastic, and the characters/settings are incredibly unique.

What the gently caress is wrong with that dudes head.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Ugh, you made me think they opened up early access. I want to play Darkest Dungeons so loving bad.

Yeah. I'm so glad I backed this game. Everything about it that I've seen or read so far is fantastic.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Dervyn posted:

A 2nd Darkest Dungeon Demo video from PAX.

Joining the others that wished to have shelled out extra for early access. Bought my brother a copy instead :(.

This is honestly the game I'm looking forward to the most right now, gently caress AAA titles.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Dylan16807 posted:

It's the game devs that get all the benefit of the gamble. People that kickstarted at $20 get the same thing as people currently buying the game for $20.

The backers aren't trying to change their bet after winning, they're complaining that when they put $15 at risk, with a high chance of losing everything, they currently get the same thing as someone putting $15 into the largely-proven early access game. 75% of a single copy.

Obviously the game devs aren't obligated to give them anything extra, but don't act like they should be grateful that their gamble of $15 is still worth $15 rather than $0.

Uhm, no? They put in 15, these people are putting in 20. You knew what you were getting into when you backed.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I want it to be good and happen :(

But I'm not backing it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I haven't finished the first one because I'm waiting for the revised version.

Still gonna back this.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Yeah I backed that game. At least it's my first burn on KS and I didn't spend much. Oh well. We'll see if my :tenbux: is worth whatever resulting internet drama.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

how bad is it going to be, for real

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Damnit, now I want another Starsiege game :(

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

:(:hf::(

I'd settle for GoG releases. I mean, I know they put the games out for free a while back, but the compatibility poo poo from GoG would be nice.

Cyberstorm too, for that matter. gently caress I played those a lot. drat.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

kinkouin posted:

Looks like the Dark Souls board game street date was a few days ago, and retail stores are getting it soon.

Anyone not want their pledge? I kinda want to get it without getting gouged by the assholes on ebay.

Dunno about preview copies or kickstarter deliveries, but when I checked my one of my distributor's info for it earlier today it said the street date was 5/25.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

If only the TT RPG was good. Oh well.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I just couldn't get into the first one. It felt like kind of a grind.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Please post about Wizard of Legend because I really want to play that game.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

OtspIII posted:

Yeah, agreed--I'm really pleased with how fun it is. The spells have good variety and mostly handle well. It's hard, but the constant new churn of spells and combos keeps it feeling fresh and interesting. I actually had pretty low hopes for it, but it's very solid.

I went ahead and picked it up and yeah, Wizard of Legend is pretty great so far. Haven't had a successful run yet but I'm learning a lot and the various spell combinations get really, really fun, and I've learned how to beat 2 of the three bosses.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 20, 2018

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Mr Underhill posted:

Richard Cobbett, Ben of Wadjet Eye, exec produced by Dave Gilbert. Sunless Sea meets Vampire Bloodlines. Kickstarter Sept 5th. Hellz yeah!

https://twitter.com/richardcobbett/status/1029806713950662656

Hell yeah. I've enjoyed all of the Wadjet Eye games I've played.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

prepping for the dunj

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Terminally Bored posted:

Platinum are kickstarting Wonderful 101: Remastered: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/platinumgames/the-wonderful-101-remastered

$50k for the Switch version
$250k for the Steam version
$500k for the PS4 version

Releases April 2020 supposedly?

AHEM

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Azubah posted:

You didn't show the one where you're blocked on twitter by Kamiya.

That's literally the one that I showed...

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Yes. It's one of the best action games ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Everyone should watch the Chip & Ironicus LP of W101 if you haven't already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgTd5te_LwA